The perfect club to WINE and DINE, KILL and UNWIND. Heaven Smiles when you speak BULLSHIT, perhaps fate shall smile at you as well.

Moderator: LGBTQanon

Cat
Bombhead Smile

Re: THE CINEPHILE MASTURBATORIUM (All-Encompassing Movie Thread)

Post by Cat »

Sherlock Jr. (1924)

Keaton-mania continues.
While this was no Go West it had plenty going for it. In fact I would call this a must-see for action fans.
Everything feels real because it was real. Real jumping from heights, real cars, and real trains which at one point almost chop Buster in half for a quick gag.
The reaper's shadow is a constant presence and Buster almost bites the dust about a hundred times.

My favourite part was a scene where his fiancées naive, girlish facade gives way to the brutal rapaciousness of the female animal as she forcefully and deliberately slams her hand down for Buster to take in flirtation, in response to him having shyly pulled his away on attempt number 1. This was a Hollywood that could still depict deep truths and do so concisely.

Speaking of truths, the ending is a shocker. From the projectionist booth, we see the events on the silver screen bear a similarity to the events taking place in "reality". Buster begins to take cues from the male lead in the film he's projecting, not knowing what to do with his fiancées feigned (something we the audience know) distress. First taking her by the shoulders, then taking her hands and finally giving her a little kiss. The theater's film then shows the pair in a domestic setting with a pair of infant twins, Buster is confused by the skipped scene. A filthy joke, but pretty good.
"Don't be crazy.
I would never go near such a poisonous flower.
She is carnivorous. She disgusts me"
Meru
Bombhead Smile

Post by Meru »

I watched Notting Hill and found this scene impressive, though the "soul music" is unpleasant. Best enjoyed muted.
We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Finished watching this mini-series. Ended up surprisingly decent.

I wonder what would be best choice to play after that. Nioh? Way of the Samurai? Nobunaga's Ambition?
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

lurked quickly and didn't see the
Mᴀɴᴄʜᴜʀɪᴀɴ Cᴀɴᴅɪᴅᴀᴛᴇ by John Frankenheimer (1962)

we have Frank Sinatra as a main character and political intrigue plus psychoglogical horror.
In fact, before the killer7 PC release the leaks showed some unreleased credit rolls for K7 which credited Frankenheimer as an inspiration.
(You found it here first @ paradisehotel51) /micdrop
Must watch and a classic overall

/walltext
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation