The Man, the Myth.. The Missing? Q spoke to me, "Mr. TD is trapped in the Black Lodge. You must Kill the Past to free him."

Moderator: MagnificentTerrorism

CENSORED
BANNED

Re: No More Heroes | Topics

Post by CENSORED »

D.G. wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:54 pm I was referring to this post
He did just call us "right wing extremists" and "republicans" (again I'm not american nor do I vote but go explain that to an amerilard lol) and the "white supremacist" implication came later, when people started saying that "we" (again, they were referring to us as some collective mindscape made up of one fat white guy) hated the 25th ward for being an "SJW" game.
Anyway yeah, i played a bit on DS but then switched to the YT PS2 emulated playthrough. Can't say I really enjoyed it. The art direction was one of the strongest pros of TSC while FSR is quite ugly and uninspired. I also preferred the overall mood of the TSC. The first half of FSR is very fun, but when weird shit starts to happen it really didn't give me the Lynchian vibes of the other games. I hope that they have the money for a complete visual restyle for the remake.
Yeah as I mentioned multiple times. Me and Jack are pissed because there's some specific autists online spreading lies about us, that being one of them. If anything I was fanboying over the 25th ward since the day it came out, and he's never played it, but reality doesen't matter anymore online.

Anyway I actually have the completely opposite stance as you about FSR, in that if they change it too much, I'm gonna be pissed lol. I do agree that the DS version is indefendible though.
The game definetly looks rough, but that's because it was a zero budget game from 2001. (It was actually the first 3d production by GHM.) It's not really something I play for the riveting gameplay, but I think the writing, art direction and music are all very good.
Did you find a PS2 playthrough that had the english translation superimposed over it or did you just follow along with the script? That's what I usually do when I replay it, I just have the script on my laptop while I emulate the original
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

D.G. wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:31 pm btw why did Tokio's eye switched side in Yami and 25th Ward? didn't Ikeda play FSR or talk to Suda or what?

To my recollection (I might be wrong), Tokio actually gets a different silver eye implanted in his right eye in the 25th ward, one that is a more modern version, which acts as a data repository (so it's not the one giving him immortality). The one in his left eye he stole from his father, who in turn got it from Format Kamui. By the end of the 25th ward (in 2017), he somehow has two normal eyes again. I'm assuming that in a world where they can mass produce massive digital repositories that act as eyes, functional prosthetic eyes are not that much of a stretch.
D.G.
Camellia Smile

Post by D.G. »

I sold NMH3. I think it's the only game I sold since I was 14.
The soyish cheerful dude who bought it didn't even play the previous games and asked me if the game could be understood without playing 1 and 2. I normally have the desire to strangle these kind of idiots but I think NMH3 is genuinely better if you have no idea about the series and the author. You just enjoy the wackiness and call it a day.
I even felt sorry for lying to him saying "Yeah, it's good, it's worth your time", but at least I recommended him to play NMH1, even though I doubt he will want to play more after finishing this atrocious game.
D.G.
Camellia Smile

Post by D.G. »

Xed51 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:57 pm
D.G. wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:54 pm I was referring to this post
He did just call us "right wing extremists" and "republicans" (again I'm not american nor do I vote but go explain that to an amerilard lol) and the "white supremacist" implication came later, when people started saying that "we" (again, they were referring to us as some collective mindscape made up of one fat white guy) hated the 25th ward for being an "SJW" game.
Anyway yeah, i played a bit on DS but then switched to the YT PS2 emulated playthrough. Can't say I really enjoyed it. The art direction was one of the strongest pros of TSC while FSR is quite ugly and uninspired. I also preferred the overall mood of the TSC. The first half of FSR is very fun, but when weird shit starts to happen it really didn't give me the Lynchian vibes of the other games. I hope that they have the money for a complete visual restyle for the remake.
Yeah as I mentioned multiple times. Me and Jack are pissed because there's some specific autists online spreading lies about us, that being one of them. If anything I was fanboying over the 25th ward since the day it came out, and he's never played it, but reality doesen't matter anymore online.

Anyway I actually have the completely opposite stance as you about FSR, in that if they change it too much, I'm gonna be pissed lol. I do agree that the DS version is indefendible though.
The game definetly looks rough, but that's because it was a zero budget game from 2001. (It was actually the first 3d production by GHM.) It's not really something I play for the riveting gameplay, but I think the writing, art direction and music are all very good.
Did you find a PS2 playthrough that had the english translation superimposed over it or did you just follow along with the script? That's what I usually do when I replay it, I just have the script on my laptop while I emulate the original
I used this. The problem was that it kinda fucked up the audio, but still it's probably my least favourite OST of his games (I mean, if we don't consider NMH3 music which is a also a fucking mess)

I would be okay if they made new models which are at least as good as K7 ones. Or at least make Miyamoto illustrations bigger so that i don't have to focus on the models lol.
D.G.
Camellia Smile

Post by D.G. »

Holy shit, it keeps getting worse and worse

https://www.siliconera.com/interview-su ... oes-3-dlc/

They wanted to include seven (7) playable characters, and they ended up with just Travis. The ninja guy and the rocky dude would have at least made some sense in the end. This is also probably why they didn't bother adding more lightsabers.
How can you fuck up so bad? Kojimafags complain that TPP misses 30%, but that is nothing in comparison. NMH3 lacks EVERYTHING.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Out of a room of 1000 losers unlucky enough to get picked for jury duty, only 3 of us were kicked out by the 1st hour of the 2nd day. A hot trophy wife who looked about 6'3 in heels (so she's most likely my height barefoot. She looked like a giant compared to me coz of those 6 inch stripper heels that she can ninja walk in.), some pudgy short Latina and me, a guy whose dressed up like a Bank robber disguised as a Brazilian Swat team in full military fatigues, lol. I still have to call the feds back by tomorow to see if they may 'need' me (to waste my fucking time for only $10 out of a fucking 9 hour work day!!!!!!!!!) but I at least have a whole day off.

Modern USA is scary, reminds me of Demolition Man where everyone puts on a facade of over the top happiness when you just know that they're miserable inside, lol.
I was expecting more people to be like me, and treat JD like a fucking joke but most people just wanted me to shut the fuck up so I did. Only for a Black girl to start acting up, saying the same shit I was saying but no one dared to tell her to shut up, coz she's Black and it'd be 'racist' if White people told her that lol.
(I'm in some weird grey area like Jews or Johnny Depp. I'm 'White' when convenient for others to label me as that, and non-white nearly every other time lol. Which is how people can tell me to shut up without repercussions.)
WA state really fucking sucks coz we're still quasi lockdowned and are forced to wear masks everywhere.
We can't use water fountains any more, all of the nearby restaurants are closed, so we're forced to pay for the over priced food & beverage at the courthouse, that you're also forced to throw way when you get inside the courtroom.

Oh man, you also have to ask when you want to go the bathroom as if you're 5 years old all over again, lol. This is probably just North Pacific & New Englander states that are like this though, coz I can't imagine this shit going on in Texas or Vegas. It's way too anti-consumer.
D.G. wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:30 am I used this. The problem was that it kinda fucked up the audio, but still it's probably my least favourite OST of his games (I mean, if we don't consider NMH3 music which is a also a fucking mess)
What's wrong with FSR's music? FSR ost sounds almost as good as DanganRonpa.

OMMIGOD, Crescent Blue Moon is so good.

Without Chewing Gum Syrup is prob my 3rd fave Masa track after New World Order & Distrust from Danganronpa.

Distrust basically sounds like a remixed version of Sundance Shot's theme.

This sounds like it could've been an investigation theme for a Danganronpa game.

Are you just not a fan of the public domain classical music? I think the entire soundtrack is good, but the classical portion of the ost is meant to sound like hotel lobby music.
The first half of FSR is very fun, but when weird shit starts to happen it really didn't give me the Lynchian vibes of the other games.
Could you elaborate? How does any scene with a talking pink Alligator not come off as David Lynchian? That's way more Lycnh than anything from a NMH game. Lynch talks to a friggin monkey. Any scene with Sundance & Toriko also gives off those Lynch vibes.
The two detectives have that Twin Peaks dynamic where American feds are sent to investigate some weirdo town in Washington state. (Which actually is fucking weird. I live here, this place sucks dick. We don't have hot girls everyone unlike in the Twin Peaks show where damn near every girl is gorgeous.)

I just find it weird, coz I don't really consider Silver Case as all that Lynchian. The procedural investigation part reminds me of Twin Peaks or Lost Highway but FSR's ending with multiple Sumio clones is a big WTF to me similar to what Lynch would do. The second half of FSR is when the game slowly transforms to SC, to the point that nearly every major plot point originally came from SC.
I was referring to this post

You're misreading that quote. It's a lie. Xed is saying that some fat virgin retards in women's panties were lying about us supposedly hating a game for being SJW. Which is a bold faced lie coz I've not once ever spoke negatively about Suda as a person. Let alone his politics. In AMeriturds weren't so fucking stupid, they'd probably hate Suda once they understand his political positions. (He wants a strong nationalistic remilitarized Japan, or at least his games seem to speak positively about this mindset, because the alternative is that they just get nuked by China or USA.)

Xed likes most of these Suda games, & I never said shit about 25 Ward coz I never played it. I def didn't say nothing about it being SJW. I explained more about my response to 25 Ward at that thread.
EDIT: I accidentally linked to a Kax post instead of my post.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=43&start=175
It happened because two literal discord trannies claimed that while googling the 25th ward, they came across you complaining that the game was "SJW" for having a trans character. It then turned in that "we" all hated the game for being SJW.
CJ was in the thread they were talking about. He knew all of that was bullshit, but he said nothing.
Why? Because he wasn't really feeling the game, but he couldn't say that publically anymore by that point, or his userbase would have eaten him alive.
Why would I hate it for a trans character when the tranny is depicted as a psycho? LOL! Or at least I assume so based off of what you told me bout the story way back. I never played it and I don't fucking remember talking about the game, lol.
On top of that, you don't see me hating FInal Fight & Street Fighter. They have a trans character in Poison. (that you beat the hell out of.) Granted I'm not even sure if she's supposed to be Trans. Up until last decade, Poison was always a biological female in Japan. Now Capcom doesn't even fucking care coz they discovered that Americans shout at them either way lol.
I didn't repost the second part of my answer, where I posted some coot ultra-bangable faceapp female versions of me, Her name will be Jacky Shimazaki or Jacklyn Shimazaki kek.
To illustrate a point that I expect trannies to try to at least look like their pretend gender if I can look like a hot central asian/eastern european goth slut without any effort at all, then I expect actual trannies to at least resemble a woman, instead of not trying at all. (Sure I don't have to try, but I'm just better than them! kek)

I never called Suda51, a SJW either. For fuck's sake that guy comes off like a Japanese Right Winger. (Right wing is normal in Japan. Unlike in gayass USA.) He's no LDP guy and he does seem to criticize them, but it's coz they're not right wing enough for him.
Friggin' K7 basically uses some Nippon Kaigi scaremongerer scenario where the USA decides not to uphold Article 9. Anyone in the know, already knows that the USA has no intention of fulfilling their article 9 duties though. They'll just comply with CHina, like they're already doing in real life AYY LMAO!
Last edited by Jack on Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Yeah everywhere I turn I just have question. This is new ghm's second game, the first one being TSA, and the fact they only managed to develop so little of it doesen't bode well for them. (Part of the world map, six or seven minigames, testing rooms, six or seven enemy types, one playable character out of seven, ten boss fights and boss arenas compared to however many they originally wanted. They couldn't even make different looking corridors for the boss fight lead ins lol. I will commend them on taking time to optimize the game so that it runs well, but it doesen't really matter when there's barely any game to speak of.)
Games like SotD and KiD were clearly rushed and barely completed, but at their worst they don't feel anywhere near as slapped together as nmh3. Despite this, they're still going all in on making (supposedly) high octane action games. I am still confused about it as I was days ago, something must definetly be happening behind the scenes to give it more context.

What I find hilarious, is that every interview that comes out seems to contradict the fanbase's take on the game, that it ended up the way it did, as a clever subversion and it's actually very deep. It turns out from this one, that even the boss fakeouts were not originally planned, they just killed off a bunch of the aliens because they simply did not have the time or money to develop as many boss fights they originally envisioned.
Travis is supposedly a more grown and adult man facing FU who is a shadow of his past self or something. Ren Yamazaki himself who co-directed the game, straight up claims, that Travis hasn't changed much at all as a character since 2 despite getting older.

In this siliconera piece, Suda tells you in his own words what the inspiration for FU was, and it has nothing to do with him being a parallel to NMH1's Travis (I'm supposed to believe he's an allegory of him, because both are "arrogant", despite the fact they have absolutely nothing else in common in terms of behaviour, presentation or design lol.)

NMH fans are so fucking pretentious, always talking down to people as if they just don't get the endless wellspring of depth that comes from what is essentially family guy tier humor. When all their claims are easily disproven by just looking at what the devs themselves are saying.

Granted most of them are american, and as I understand it, americans are raised to believe in "death of the author" in the sense that a piece's themes are whatever the fuck you want to come up with. For example, an author might have written a piece critiquing fascism as an economic system, but since americans just straight up live under fascism, they can easily recontextualize said work as a critique of toxic masculinity aimed at average citizens instead of a critique of a government system, which is not allowed anymore. (Pretty much every piece of media is now explained as a critique of toxic masculinity in american academia at this point lol! You're retroactively never allowed to criticise power structures, just your dumb neighbor.)
Here in Italy, we are taught to research historical context and authorial intent as a fundamental piece of understanding a piece's significance, as far back as elementary school where they won't even let you read a novel without delving into the author's biography and historical context. That's supposedly as backwards and barbaric as believing in biology, which is probably another reason why americans are so pissed at me. Because I always back up my claims by linking to & quoting interviews when available.
(I know I sound very discriminatory thowards americans, but that's because every single person who harrassed me and smeared me online has been an american. They are the ones always trying to "cancel" me, despite there being nothing to cancel, because I exclusively use my proprietary web space. At some point I just gotta assume they are a reflection of their own culture, since they seem to be the only ones who collectively hate me.)
Deep
Spiral Smile

Post by Deep »

D.G. wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:08 am Holy shit, it keeps getting worse and worse
https://www.siliconera.com/interview-su ... oes-3-dlc/
How can you fuck up so bad? Kojimafags complain that TPP misses 30%, but that is nothing in comparison. NMH3 lacks EVERYTHING.
Wow, just wow... this is really bad. If this interview isn't a hoax and totally legit, it means that everything from top to bottom negative points about the nmh3 is just lack of time and money, that can be summarized as " it didn’t end up working out in the end, so we scrapped everything". Scale of the game is even below TSA, damn, this is bad.

Now it feels like NMH3 Season 1 Episode 1 Free Trial. Except its not fucken free and its not a trial! They talk about it as if it's legit full-on game by industry standards in promo materials, which is totally not. Well, if you didn't had enough time and shit, why bother finishing it then? Release for free as an apology or something. Game with dead open world and two boss-fights is a clusterfuck of a $50 release! I wish angrey joey would jump on the game, but he is too busy with MADDEN garbage (thou he did Lolipop review years ago). I don't want to bury ghm on public, they are still one of my fav devs from Japan, after all. But the picture truly getting worse with every news article and interview. It's been only a month since release...damn. DP2 now feels like a complete masterpiece (even with four copy&paste enemy shooting levels).
kill the past
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

So, now they've made this Midorikawa's theme which doesn't even fit. First it was Fu's theme. Then it was patch and became unused. Now its hers? What's the point. Maybe they'll patch in the rest of the game while they are at it.

CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

https://www.pockettactics.com/suda-51/interview
they get into even more left out content like the loli animoo that travis watches or alternate weapons, also the fact that rick and morty was a direct inspiration for the game lmao