The realm of Politics, crime conspiracy theories and MAGNIFICENT TERRORISM! Is Trump still in the White House? What was on the 4th 9/11 plane? Spree shooters, serial killers and other feds, join us and find out!

Moderators: Lisker, 51anon

jamslice

Political Moan Thread

Post by jamslice »

Lately Brexit has me feeling a bit down. Looks like theres equally bad stuff happening everywhere these days. People are scared, and instead of finding real solutions, it feels like grifters are happy to have people pointing fingers and demonizing human beings just trying to make a living, put food on the table, and give their families a better life. Whatever gets the views and the money coming in... Its quite hard to feel optimistic to be honest.

I thought we could all do with somewhere to have a bit of a vent.
Retard

Re: Political Moan Thread

Post by Retard »

I hear you, mate. Sometimes, even a bit of Doctor Who can't chase away the Brexit blues. It's like we're trying to escape into another world, but the tories keep pulling us back.
cubanlinx

Post by cubanlinx »

When there's a demand for low-paying jobs (and believe you me, there always is), someone's got to step up. It's basic economics.
WesleySnipes
Machine Of Pain

Post by WesleySnipes »

whats with all the english user now?
i remember the forum was mostly americans , chinese and german when it first started

i just hope my usual sarcastic posts dont get me banned ive seen threads pop up lately about how obama and berlusconi are the same man and that obama doesnt listen to his advisors or wuul and... lol

xed is probably tired of people pushing this “obama=berlusconi” meme because he doesn’t seem to think there’s anything unique about them. just because these two guys have roughly the same exact goals and views of the world doesn’t mean they’re morally equivalent. they’re not even going to be running on the same platform come next fall. im not a fan of christianity myself but if we are going to compare evil billionaires then those two have to be some of the worst of all time
The dragon breathes truth into its lips, and that is what we call our natural intelligence.
AngelheadedHipster
Spiral Smile

Post by AngelheadedHipster »

I know this is probably some spam/bot thread but it was genuinely hilarious that the majority of brits voted for Brexit thinking it was some cute symbolic gesture to assert their autonomy and not a far reaching political decision that would permanently harm their position within Europe.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

AngelheadedHipster wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 7:07 am I know this is probably some spam/bot thread but it was genuinely hilarious that the majority of brits voted for Brexit thinking it was some cute symbolic gesture to assert their autonomy and not a far reaching political decision that would permanently harm their position within Europe.
I found it hilarious when British started flooding the internet searching for what it actually meant after it passed. Most people voted for it without even understanding why. Most votes were made out of spite or hatred. Now, all of their problems are even worse, because they didn't understand basic economic. They joined the EU for a reason, and none of those reason has been changed when they voted to exit the EU. So, they got stuck with the problem they currently had on top of the problems they had before, but now they had less standing and leverage on top of all of that.

Sad thing is that this was the same thing that put that orange demagogue in office which had a similar outcome. I wonder if people are also blaming the incumbents who got stuck dealing with the fallout of prior bad decisions in Britain as well.

People never learned. They still make decision based on emotions rather than logic and reason.
WesleySnipes
Machine Of Pain

Post by WesleySnipes »

Krizzx wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:07 pm They joined the EU for a reason, and none of those reason has been changed when they voted to exit the EU. So, they got stuck with the problem they currently had on top of the problems they had before, but now they had less standing and leverage on top of all of that.
what are those reason?

Im not british so I don't know.

Just because they've decided to leave doesn't mean they can't change their mind. let's give the EU leaders time to listen to the country they've helped create. I know they won't like it, but if they stay true to themselves and re-open the option of soft Brexit, let the EU leaders give them a chance. If they can't, it's time for Britain to call for a second referendum.
Krizzx wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:07 pmSad thing is that this was the same thing that put that orange demagogue in office which had a similar outcome. I wonder if people are also blaming the incumbents who got stuck dealing with the fallout of prior bad decisions in Britain as well.

People never learned. They still make decision based on emotions rather than logic and reason.
right wing peolpe vote for people who look and act like movie villain lol. i guess it's human nature to go against what you don't know - and they want to think trump is really into stuff we like. what’s in a lie? it’s in the telling of it.

There’s this person on facebook that made a point about he(she) and I liking a lot of the same posts. I went to the “about me” part of his profile and saw that his listed “creed” was “peace, tolerance, and forgiveness.” So I pointed out that if that was his creed, that he should, by all means, not vote for Hillary.
The dragon breathes truth into its lips, and that is what we call our natural intelligence.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

WesleySnipes wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:04 pm
Krizzx wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:07 pm They joined the EU for a reason, and none of those reason has been changed when they voted to exit the EU. So, they got stuck with the problem they currently had on top of the problems they had before, but now they had less standing and leverage on top of all of that.
what are those reason?

Im not british so I don't know.

Just because they've decided to leave doesn't mean they can't change their mind. let's give the EU leaders time to listen to the country they've helped create. I know they won't like it, but if they stay true to themselves and re-open the option of soft Brexit, let the EU leaders give them a chance. If they can't, it's time for Britain to call for a second referendum.

Physical resource limitations and size constraints. Its a reality of living on Earth that a lot of don't like to think or talk about. Especially corporations. There are only so many resources in the ground and so much space for people too live before you start running into issues. Britain is small compared to a lot of modern superpowers and not remotely resource rich. They thrived and had a empire during the technological revolution thanks to the coal industry which was something they did have in a abundance. They were one of the first to jump on the bandwagon and one of the least humane in pursuing growth and profit. That age is long over.

The whole reason that Britain colonized the most regions out of its mainland was because of size and resource constraints. The benefits of being in the EU was that international trade and travel was cheap with few restriction among other members of the EU. To live in the modern era with the comforts we are used to requires a lot of international trade for rare resources and minerals as well as manufactured good. This also means, of course, you have to abide by the rules of the EU. The British at the time of voting to exit the EU didn't like a lot of the rules the EU required them to follow. This is what led to them voting to exit. The biggest of which, I believe, was the issue of migrants moving in and taking jobs at a lower wage. The British blamed(scapegoated) them for their economic turmoil. Because whenever something goes wrong the first people to get blamed are almost always the ones who look different.

What they gained was freedom from having to follow the rules and legislation of the EU and business being forced to hire British....or so they thought. What they lost was low cost trade, privileges' in other EU countries as well as free travel to other EU countries and health benefits. They also found out that the reason why migrants were being hired was because the cost of production had become so unprofitable for smaller business trying to pay a living wage to British people that they basically had hire people they could get away with paying far less than what was deemed acceptable. Removing migrants didn't help at all, because the jobs were still low wage and no one wanted them. Removing competition for the jobs fixed none of the underlying issues of Britain's economic trouble and with the loss of cheap and easy international commerce, all of these problems became "even worse."

Funniest thing about this, is that this was primarily the same platform Trump ran on, and it produced similarly bad results economically by the end of his term.
WesleySnipes
Machine Of Pain

Post by WesleySnipes »

Krizzx wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:28 pm The British blamed(scapegoated) them for their economic turmoil. Because whenever something goes wrong the first people to get blamed are almost always the ones who look different.
thats what right wing authoritarian don't understand. Its all about respect. if you don't respect others you wont be treated with respect.

but, only the politicians of the right can understand. the rest have no idea what it takes to be a real democrat or what it takes to fight for your rights. that is why they all lost, at some point in time. so, until they figure that out they don't have a chance at saving America.