"Inclusivity is an ongoing education for everyone, and nothing is set in stone." - Tim Schafer
Fun fact: God of War is on sale right now, but the SJWs are trying to stop it!

Moderators: WhereGamingDies, Airport51

Professor Toffee

Whovians Unite!

Post by Professor Toffee »

Oi, fellow time-travel enthusiasts and spacey-wacey aficionados! Brace yourselves for a proper thrill as the TARDIS has just crash-landed right here on our forum's cyber-turf. Picture this: the whirr and hum of the timey-wimey machine reverberating through the pixels, and before you know it, the blue box materializes in a dazzling spectacle of wibbly-wobbly brilliance.

Now, don't go bunking off just yet, 'cause the Doctor's in the house and the space-time continuum is ripe for some banter. If you're as chuffed as I am to see the TARDIS gracing our cyber-parade, then gather 'round for a chinwag about all things Gallifreyan. Time to spill the beans on your favorite episodes, debate which regeneration was the bee's knees, and maybe even share some crackin' fan theories that are more mind-boggling than a Dalek with a Rubik's Cube.

So, no more dilly-dallying! Let's get this sonic screwdriver party started and prove that Whovians can bunk off from reality like no other fandom. Grab a cuppa, put on your fez or scarf (depending on your Doctor of choice), and let the timey-wimey adventures begin! Allons-y!
Rosie

Re: Whovians Unite!

Post by Rosie »

I've got a story to share that hit me right in the feels. So, I was bunking off from work, checking the news, and there's this really grim stuff about Islamic terror attacks. It was one of those moments when the real world feels like it's falling apart. So, to get away from it all, I decided to binge-watch Doctor Who.

It's pretty amazing how a sci-fi show can be like a comforting thing during hard times.

Big shout-out to the Doctor, our space therapist, helping us through the crazy stuff. Anyone else find comfort in Doctor Who when things get tough?
Antoine

Post by Antoine »

Favourite Doctor?
TheWhiteRabbit
Heaven Smile

Post by TheWhiteRabbit »

I miss when the forum was dead.
“This is... the host for the spirit of the slayer of God...”
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

TheWhiteRabbit wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:16 pm I miss when the forum was dead.
The reborn forum misses when you were dead
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
barry303

Post by barry303 »

Hey everyone, mind if I chime in with my own experience? It's a bit heavy, but here goes. So, I was just bunking off, flipping through the news, and there it was – another heartbreaking story about people losing their lives in Islamic terror attacks. It's gut-wrenching, you know? The kind of thing that stays with you.

Anyway, as I was absorbing all this, my mind started drawing this eerie parallel between those Islamic terrorists and the Cybermen from Doctor Who. I mean, think about it – this cold, calculated way they go about things, almost like they've traded in their humanity for some twisted idea. It's like the real-life version of Cybermen lurking among us.

It's unsettling how a sci-fi show like Doctor Who, which is supposed to be this escape, can also reflect the harsh reality we face. The Cybermen, with their emotionless march, almost mirror the chilling reality of these Islamic attacks. Has anyone else ever drawn parallels between the show and the world we live in? Thoughts, anyone?
TheWhiteRabbit
Heaven Smile

Post by TheWhiteRabbit »

sudaca wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:19 pm
I don't think this is the right place for superwholock shipping. But maybe it's just me.
“This is... the host for the spirit of the slayer of God...”
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

TheWhiteRabbit wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:32 pm
sudaca wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:19 pm
I don't think this is the right place for superwholock shipping. But maybe it's just me.
I don't think this is the place to defy the king of the forums. Doctor Who is a matter of an adquired taste for shipping and braindeadmestry that's only capable by the best gender on earth /swoon
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
breadandroses89

Post by breadandroses89 »

Antoine wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:12 pm Favourite Doctor?
Can I just say, Jodie Whittaker is my absolute favorite Doctor, and it's got nothing to do with her being a woman? Seriously, I just need to make that crystal clear from the get-go.

First off, her portrayal brings this fresh energy to the role. The Doctor has always been this timeless character, and Jodie manages to capture that essence flawlessly. It's not about gender; it's about her ability to embody the quirky, adventurous spirit that defines the Doctor.

The stories featuring Jodie's Doctor have been top-notch. The character development, the unexpected twists – it's all there. I'm hooked because of the compelling narratives and the way she navigates them, not because of her gender.

Also, can we appreciate the humor she brings to the table? The Doctor has always had this cheeky wit, and Jodie nails it. It's about the laughs and the clever one-liners, not about breaking any gender barriers.

So, yeah, Jodie Whittaker is my Doctor of choice, hands down. But let's be clear – it's about the talent, the stories, and the charisma she brings to the role. Gender doesn't even factor into the equation. Who else is on the Jodie train with me?

Post by Guest »

breadandroses89 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:50 pm
Antoine wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:12 pm Favourite Doctor?
Can I just say, Jodie Whittaker is my absolute favorite Doctor, and it's got nothing to do with her being a woman? Seriously, I just need to make that crystal clear from the get-go.

First off, her portrayal brings this fresh energy to the role. The Doctor has always been this timeless character, and Jodie manages to capture that essence flawlessly. It's not about gender; it's about her ability to embody the quirky, adventurous spirit that defines the Doctor.

The stories featuring Jodie's Doctor have been top-notch. The character development, the unexpected twists – it's all there. I'm hooked because of the compelling narratives and the way she navigates them, not because of her gender.

Also, can we appreciate the humor she brings to the table? The Doctor has always had this cheeky wit, and Jodie nails it. It's about the laughs and the clever one-liners, not about breaking any gender barriers.

So, yeah, Jodie Whittaker is my Doctor of choice, hands down. But let's be clear – it's about the talent, the stories, and the charisma she brings to the role. Gender doesn't even factor into the equation. Who else is on the Jodie train with me?
I like her feet