"Inclusivity is an ongoing education for everyone, and nothing is set in stone." - Tim Schafer
Fun fact: God of War is on sale right now, but the SJWs are trying to stop it!

Moderators: WhereGamingDies, Airport51

Mousetrap

Re: Whovians Unite!

Post by Mousetrap »

I've always found myself utterly captivated by scenes of characters burning, slowly disintegrating into nothing but dust. There's just something... hypnotic about the way it unfolds, the sheer transformation from substance to mere remnants.

Now, I'm not saying it's the most common interest, but I thought perhaps in this thread I might find a kindred spirit, a fellow admirer of the artistry of those moments. It's like witnessing a beautiful, albeit macabre, dance of destruction.

Anybody else find themselves strangely drawn to such scenes in Who?
Brandon
46th President of The United States

Post by Brandon »

missydiplodocus

Post by missydiplodocus »

Hey there, fellow time-travel enthusiasts! Just wanted to pop in and share a little anecdote from my chaotic world as a mum of a real handful of kiddos. You know how it is, lots of work being a mum.

So, the other day, I thought I'd enlist my oldest, Alice, to help me out with the not-so-fun task of organizing my Doctor Who DVDs. I handed her the box sets and asked her to put them back in their proper cases. Well, wouldn't you know, chaos ensued!

Picture this: I come back later, all proud of myself for outsourcing the task, only to find the Tenth Doctor hanging out with the Eleventh in a box that clearly belonged to the Ninth. *Laughs in that tired parent way*

Turns out, Alice got a bit timey-wimey with the box sets, and now we've got a hilarious mishmash of Doctors having a party in the wrong TARDIS. But hey, in the grand scheme of mum life, it's just another day in the TARDIS, right? *Chuckles with a hint of exhaustion*
Brandon
46th President of The United States

Post by Brandon »

I'll be frank, Jack. I don't know what the hell is going on.
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

Good is going on
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
WesleySnipes
Machine Of Pain

Post by WesleySnipes »

TheWhiteRabbit wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:16 pm I miss when the forum was dead.
This forum is home for topdrunkee fan and xed fan. I am glad it is alive but we have many quality articles but sadly there are many unanswered questions, and most important in the current state we have many enemies, and we need to repel this attack so we can take this forum to higher ground.
The dragon breathes truth into its lips, and that is what we call our natural intelligence.
Laugh at the Moon
Duplicator Smile

Post by Laugh at the Moon »

Guest wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:03 pm
breadandroses89 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:50 pm
Antoine wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:12 pm Favourite Doctor?
Can I just say, Jodie Whittaker is my absolute favorite Doctor, and it's got nothing to do with her being a woman? Seriously, I just need to make that crystal clear from the get-go.

First off, her portrayal brings this fresh energy to the role. The Doctor has always been this timeless character, and Jodie manages to capture that essence flawlessly. It's not about gender; it's about her ability to embody the quirky, adventurous spirit that defines the Doctor.

The stories featuring Jodie's Doctor have been top-notch. The character development, the unexpected twists – it's all there. I'm hooked because of the compelling narratives and the way she navigates them, not because of her gender.

Also, can we appreciate the humor she brings to the table? The Doctor has always had this cheeky wit, and Jodie nails it. It's about the laughs and the clever one-liners, not about breaking any gender barriers.

So, yeah, Jodie Whittaker is my Doctor of choice, hands down. But let's be clear – it's about the talent, the stories, and the charisma she brings to the role. Gender doesn't even factor into the equation. Who else is on the Jodie train with me?
I like her feet
Meh.
Ophelian

Post by Ophelian »

Mousetrap wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:10 pm I've always found myself utterly captivated by scenes of characters burning, slowly disintegrating into nothing but dust. There's just something... hypnotic about the way it unfolds, the sheer transformation from substance to mere remnants.

Now, I'm not saying it's the most common interest, but I thought perhaps in this thread I might find a kindred spirit, a fellow admirer of the artistry of those moments. It's like witnessing a beautiful, albeit macabre, dance of destruction.

Anybody else find themselves strangely drawn to such scenes in Who?
Oh, happy day! I've stumbled upon this intriguing thread, and it seems the cosmos have aligned to grant me the pleasure of connecting with another heart like my own. Cue the choir singing "Oh Happy Day" ! :D
Oh happy day (oh happy day)
When Jesus washed (when Jesus washed)
When Jesus washed (when Jesus washed)
Jesus washed (when Jesus washed)
Washed my sins away (oh happy day)
There's something uniquely thrilling about the swift dissolution of hopes, dreams, and the weight of many years, don't you think?

One particular Doctor Who moment comes to mind—the scene in Season 4, Episode 10, "Midnight." There, a character, so full of life, experiences a rapid reduction to ash by energy beam. The abrupt transformation, the unexpected demise, it was a spectacle that left an indelible mark on me.

It's not just the sight of it —someone with a history, aspirations, lovers? Reduced to mere particles. The juxtaposition of existence to nonexistence.
wendy1349

Post by wendy1349 »

missydiplodocus wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:20 pm Hey there, fellow time-travel enthusiasts! Just wanted to pop in and share a little anecdote from my chaotic world as a mum of a real handful of kiddos. You know how it is, lots of work being a mum.

So, the other day, I thought I'd enlist my oldest, Alice, to help me out with the not-so-fun task of organizing my Doctor Who DVDs. I handed her the box sets and asked her to put them back in their proper cases. Well, wouldn't you know, chaos ensued!

Picture this: I come back later, all proud of myself for outsourcing the task, only to find the Tenth Doctor hanging out with the Eleventh in a box that clearly belonged to the Ninth. *Laughs in that tired parent way*

Turns out, Alice got a bit timey-wimey with the box sets, and now we've got a hilarious mishmash of Doctors having a party in the wrong TARDIS. But hey, in the grand scheme of mum life, it's just another day in the TARDIS, right? *Chuckles with a hint of exhaustion*
Oh, bless your heart! Your post had me nearly wetting myself laughing. Sprogs, eh? They're a real handful, always up to some mischief. But hey, that's the price we pay for trying to sneak in a bit of "bunk off" time, right? Just kidding, it's totally worth it!

Let me spin a yarn about my eldest, Alice, one mum to another mum. Once upon a time, she decided she wanted to be a Dalek for her school's Halloween do, JUST ONE WEEK BEFORE, and let me tell you, it turned into quite the mission.

Hunting for a clean plunger to be her 'Dalek arm' must of taken a day and a half. And don't even get me started on the rest of the costume; I felt like we were preparing for intergalactic warfare! It took a good few DIY sessions and a lot of aluminum foil before Alice resembled anything close to a Dalek from the Dr. Who TV program.

Then came the day of the Halloween do. Picture this: our Alice in her makeshift Dalek outfit, trying to navigate round other kids and getting stuck in doorways. It was like watching a comedy sketch from Monty Python or Little Britain unfold in slow motion.

Parenthood, right? Full of unexpected twists and turns, much like a Doctor Who episode!

Wendy
Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

Well, folks, if you were wondering why I hadn't been on here it is: crimbo this year was a right old fucking nightmare. The whole business of getting all the christmas prezzies in was like dragging a TARDIS through shit. And to top it off, I only went and forgot our nan's present. Pretty smooth, right?

But, honestly, our oldest, Alice, kind of saved the day. She only rocked up with nan's christmas prezzie just in the nick of time. A bit like a tired old Cyberman stumbling over its own feet but getting there eventually. Still, it meant less stress for me, so I was pretty chuffed to be honest.

After the prezzie chaos, we all, yep you know whats coming, put our feet up for the yearly re-watch of the Who christmas specials. Yeah, course it happened, but it was more like a dull tradition than a festive celebration if I'm being honest.

So, how was everyone else's crimbo? Any riveting tales of prezzie mishaps or just the usual humdrum?