El el Elohim. Erutan namuh si siht. HterazaN fo suseJ deificurc swej eht. Siht rof setarcoS denosiop snainehta eht. Tetragrammaton Agla Amen.

Moderator: Genocide123

WesleySnipes
Machine Of Pain

Fatal Frame game series.

Post by WesleySnipes »

Of all the Fatal Frame titles, i would say this one stands out the most to me.
It is the one i felt truly immersed in and had a great grasp on horror to capture the essence of terror to my character. It is the one that is the most gore-laden, especially for a game with a series of mystifying girls and their creepy traps.
It really feels like a supernatural version of The Ring, with that chilling mystery feeling to the premise of one girl being stuck in one of the building’s alluring walls. Even though it was made almost ten years before the release of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy XII, it remains one of the best horror games out there.

On one of the comments, we can see a quote from someone criticizing a vampire theme. According to this person, vampires who are sacrificing their lives to destroy people and leave their marks on their bodies are not part of the story, but they are rather normal villains with bad intentions. As a joke, the journalist replied: “I think you’re too ‘hipster’ for vampires”.

Fatal Frame is a series i relaly like even though i personally dislike the way the horror is. It is meant to be psychological horror, and i find that a really great way to get the creepy, shadowy feeling without taking the game out of the realm of reality. If you’re looking to pick up this series for your classic horror game shelf, i highly recommend looking up Fatal Frame 2 or the latest and most gore-free installment of the franchise.

The dragon breathes truth into its lips, and that is what we call our natural intelligence.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Re: Fatal Frame game series.

Post by Krizzx »

They did a full enhanced remake on the Wii, but hardly anyone knew about it or played it. It never came to the U.S. for some reason even though it had an English version in the EU. They also didn't bring Fatal Frame 4 either, for that matter.

Man, Nintendo of America really fucked this series. They didn't bring 2 or 4 over, and they only brought 5 digitally with heavy censorship.
gabriel
Heaven Smile

Post by gabriel »

Nobody talks about the wii remake because it sucks. They replaced the odd and unsettling look of the original with plastic dolls meant to arouse japanese players and changed the control scheme to be the same as ff4 (so wiimote aiming and third person camera)

In short, it's a completely different game which is inferior to the original. The tight atmosphere is gone.
Even though it was made almost ten years before the release of Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy XII, it remains one of the best horror games out there.
lol you do know that the new ff7 is a remake, right? But yes Fatal Frame was always ahead of its time in graphical detail, it's impressive when you realize most horror games of the time still used pre-rendered backgrounds to achieve that level of detail. Silent Hill might be its only contender
Psalm 119:71
Laugh at the Moon
Duplicator Smile

Post by Laugh at the Moon »

Koei-Tecmo have generously left the promotional websites of these games as they were and the great FFT have translated a good deal of the material.
Hasegawa Jin wrote:At the start of development, we spent quite a lot of time finetuning the black (ie the darkness) areas of the screen and the areas with faintly glowing lights. If it was too bright then the player would feel at ease, and if it was too dark then it would be too difficult to play, so a lot of care was paid to getting the balance right.

At first I thought that all I had to do was make it dark, but honestly that wasn't the darkness that the director was looking for, and it wasn't scary, either.

I carefully adjusted the material values for the background and character models, playing around with the accompanying textures' shadows and saturation, trying to figure out how to make the dark areas effective.
Laugh at the Moon
Duplicator Smile

I think the title "Fatal Frame" is an unfortunate localization.
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

that's what you get for playing halloween games
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
Rake
MPD-Psycho
Preferred pronouns: Heaven/Smile

Post by Rake »

Laugh at the Moon wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:24 pm I think the title "Fatal Frame" is an unfortunate localization.
"Resident Evil".. "The Evil Within"... (I call it Psycho Break so much I actually forgot the fucking title, and had to Jewgle it)— have localized names ever been anything other than shit? /goyslop
sudaca wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:57 am that's what you get for playing halloween games
/spooky
ImageImageImage
Laugh at the Moon
Duplicator Smile

"Phoenix Wright"... "Jake Hunter"... This could probably be it's own thread. And then there is the question of changes in typefaces... Hey, how can we ruin something before they even go through the front door?
Laugh at the Moon
Duplicator Smile

sudaca wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:57 am that's what you get for playing halloween games
Boo, bitch! /pumpkin

/spastic "Ay Dios mío!" *Persignar*

Welcome to civilization.
Laugh at the Moon
Duplicator Smile

When that Banquo dude show up I shit my pants bro LOL livestream highlights