The perfect club to WINE and DINE, KILL and UNWIND. Heaven Smiles when you speak BULLSHIT, perhaps fate shall smile at you as well.

Moderator: LGBTQanon

Meru
Bombhead Smile

Hotel Barcelona, Israel (Review)

Post by Meru »

Rating: ★★★★☆

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Hotel Barcelona during my visit to Tel Aviv, and I must say, it was an experience unlike any other.

Located in a neighborhood that many might consider unsafe, Hotel Barcelona turned out to be a spare room within an apartment. At first, I was a little apprehensive, as it was not what I had expected from a traditional hotel. However, as the saying goes, "don't judge a book by its cover," and that couldn't ring truer in this case.

The room itself was cozy and comfortable, with all the necessary amenities. It may not have boasted the luxury that you would find in a high-end hotel, but it possessed a charm and character that more than made up for it. The owner, a kind-hearted man in his 60s, went out of his way to ensure that my stay was pleasant. He served as both the host and the room service, wearing an apron as he catered to my needs.

One of the unique features of Hotel Barcelona was the inflatable swimming pool. While it may not have been the Olympic-sized pool I had envisioned, it was a refreshing and fun addition to the experience. It added a playful touch that made me feel like a kid again, splashing around and cooling off from the Tel Aviv heat.

What truly made my stay memorable, however, was the genuine hospitality and care provided by the owner. He treated me like family, offering recommendations on local spots to explore and ensuring that I was comfortable throughout my stay. The personalized touch of having him as my room service attendant added a level of authenticity that is often absent in larger, more impersonal hotels.

While Hotel Barcelona may not fit the traditional definition of a hotel and the neighborhood might not be everyone's cup of tea, I had a truly fantastic time during my stay. This hidden gem allowed me to have an immersive experience, offering a glimpse into the daily life of the city and its residents.

If you're looking for a unique and offbeat accommodation, Hotel Barcelona is definitely worth considering. Embrace the unconventional and be open to the unexpected, and you might just find yourself having a wonderful, unforgettable experience. I would highly recommend this place to those seeking a more authentic and intimate stay in Tel Aviv.
We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it.