Here's MUH OC, DONUT steal AYY LMAO! This is the space for FAN WANKERY.
"i no to long jump here and here life you no"
- My black friend

Moderator: ConSmithsAngel

Rake
MPD-Psycho
Preferred pronouns: Heaven/Smile

Rake's Funky Fun Art Corner

Post by Rake »

What's up faggots! /spooky

Qish had asked me before to post some of my art— which I kept forgetting to do because I didn't care. Anyway, now that I have a moment of free time (unlike when I'm normally doing OTHER PEOPLE'S JOBS FOR THEM and have NO FREE TIME) I'll do just that:

This is one of the oldest illustrations I have, from 2013— "ANVIL". Done in some version of Photoshop, I was studying Nightow, Masahiro Ito, and possibly Nirasawa at the time while on Tumblr, as well as old prim avatars from Second Life via Snapzilla screenshots.

I think this was a year later in 2014, titled "dddddddgvvvvvvvv"— somewhat based on looking at pictures of trains and schematics for car engines.

In 2016 I redid "ANVIL" as "amboss" (translators note: Amboss means anvil in German)— I think I prefer the original, but there's certain parts of this I still like (the orange wires, the chest piece in general).

This is one of my favorites, or at least (what I consider to be) most successful pieces from the last few years— from 2018, "beast".
Has anyone seen that show The Outsider with Jason Bateman? The 'monster' from that, the self-titled "Outsider":

Villains.Fandom wrote:The Outsider is a paranormal shape-shifter that feeds on humans and their suffering. Having murdered people for many years, the Outsider eventually shows up in Dayton, Ohio, where he collects the blood of a retirement home orderly named Heath Hodges. The Outsider then transforms himself into Heath and steals a vehicle, using it to lure two young girls away before violently raping and murdering them, before ejaculating on their bodies. He then steals the blood of Terry Maitland as his next target. The Outsider proceeds to hide the girls' bloody underwear in Heath's house and hides out in a nearby cemetery to feed on the grief of the girls' loved ones. [...]
This is pretty much exactly how I imagined "Beast"— that it would be some kind of walking conspiracy theory that would generate bad luck, kind of like Indrid Cold:

These two I was studying Marshall Arisman's paintings while playing Cry of Fear around 2016 and wanted to do fanart of ruMpel's designs in the style of Arisman (to the best of my ability).

Something I'd like to return to (I have some good ideas based on newer techniques, but I don't wanna blather on about shit I haven't even done) /soy I don't feel like I was successful at all in capturing how dirty and crooked ruMpel's art looks (especially Afraid of Monsters).

I continued with that doing an Arisman style Hank from Madness Combat: Depredation:

I think the last Arisman style study I did, in 2018, "Under the Bridge" was mostly inspired by walking around some park in NYC at night and having some retarded old biatch mutter spells at me and my friend— I think she was tryna curse us /spooky HaHA!
Well, actually with the Arisman/ruMpel hybrids I was tryna imitate the feeling of shock imagery— like how TD's Citadel of the Whore looks with all the crazy bleeding crying screaming faces n' shit:

Trying to freeze the first couple seconds of when you see gore, similar to what Bacon and Lynch do.

I'd done this illustration of Thomas777 for some card project, but the Chynese (or the retards running it) wouldn't print anything with "waycist" imagery on it 'cause Israel controls their economy through the dependency caused by American outsourced slave labor~HaHA!

And I did this intro (and the thumbnail) for the (still unlaunched) 7homasTV too.

The most recent illustration I did was last Halloween for the Twitter (but the original sketch was by Benjamin). I was tryna think of how I'd redesign Ayame or make her scarier— and I thought of the masks from Kidnapping Mr. Heineken:

Mixed with MrMonday. I really liked that the masks look unfinished, no paint— they just look like fucked up rubber people. I thought that could be applied to kigurumi masks very well. I later found this felllow creep: http://moukiken.web.fc2.com/index3.html

..and was proven completely right, but I need to study what he did 'cause his is better.

These're some fake album covers I did using the parameters of that over 9,001 year old meme. Great practice for typography and composition.

Which one would you listen to?

I'll bring up photography and pull my photos from the drama thread:
Rake wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:30 pm Between doing the Moonlight Syndrome translation and funeral work, the connection between the two couldn't be clearer. The showroom with all the caskets and urns has the exact same feeling as the pre-rendered graphics for puzzles in BIO/SH and the FMV sequences in MS. Here's some random pics I snapped during downtime:

Looks just like Kill the Past, right? I've been trying to emulate Eisin Sasaki since I learned he's my favorite artist 51's ever employed (he's just Thing: Japan for David Carson, I'm gonna write a thread about that eventually since all the dumbasses who recently learned his name don't even get that's what he's doing, oh and BTW he liked one of MY posts on Instagram so FUCK YOU LOSERS).
And finally, I'll show off two masks I made because Qish specifically asked me to post the shit I make IRL (I have more, but they're all WIP so I'll take pictures of them later):

Yep that's me, your friendly neighborhood (6'6") Rake! /yatta
ImageImageImage
Iwazaru
qishmish

Re: Rake's Funky Fun Art Corner

Post by Iwazaru »

woah! zis is golden! /swoon
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Rake
MPD-Psycho
Preferred pronouns: Heaven/Smile

Re: Rake's Funky Fun Art Corner

Post by Rake »

Iwazaru wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 6:47 pm woah! zis is golden! /swoon
I told you I'd get around to it eventually. /hug

Anyway, I remembered some more shit I could post:

(I was studying Nightow, Kenneth Scott (DOOM 3), Josh Nizzi, and James Hawkins (Gears of War) right around the time the Fury Road trailer came out.)

Back around 2015 I was working on a project called "bleedingcrying" but my hicklib friend fucked it up so I quit. /murder This character "Jacob Slaughter" (which I named after Jessi Slaughter~HaHA) was the only illustration I worked out (at least that I could find) for this ~world~ idea, that was based heavily on the original Twisted Metal (particularly the live action shit that was cut because the Mormon programmers bitched about it):

I really liked the idea of Calypso as this post-apocalyptic flayed "genie" like Kun Lan, and I wanted to expand on that and mix him with Zorndyke from Blue Submarine No. 6:

Twisted Metal: Black:

..and even moreso the cancelled Harbor City:

This mumbling retard gives and okay condensed interview, but look into the source shit yourself (since he's a faggot):

https://www.unseen64.net/2009/01/19/twi ... cancelled/

In general I was looking into similar shit to what I think TD was for his game, the really extreme(ly RETARDED) western horror games like The Suffering:

The Creeper from Ties That Bind is one of the best videogame character designs ever, held back by the complete retardation of American censorship where these CORPSE WHORES FUSED TO HIS BODY need to have BIKINIS on because them having their arms and legs severed is apparently less offensive than nipples HaHA!

I think The Suffering is fucking retarded (it's basically a stupid cartoon like all American games), but there's specific things I did like a lot. "The Creature" transformation in the original is much cooler than in the sequel, because it merges Torque's inmate clothing with his skin, and the shiv with the arm, turning it into Manhunt X Bloody Roar— which if expanded would actually be really, really cool, because my issue with Bloody Roar was I thought turning into animals was fucking boring:

https://bloodyroar.fandom.com/wiki/The_Unborn

"The Unborn" is how I'd want it to be, where everything is like Tekkaman Blade: Twin Blood:

Mixed with Splatterhouse or similar:

I had a loose idea once for something like that based on how the Proxies in Ergo Proxy worked, where they transformed when they got near each other:

An adventure-fighter (a lot like Spawn: The Eternal, if it wasn't complete dogshit) where both players start untransformed in a city and have to close in on each other to force transformation that starts the fight and have the map and the chaos from NPCs/police when you transform be something you have to use against your opponent. But it's a really high concept idea so nobody would fucking care since fighting games are masturbation tools for South Americans. /ugay

I experimented with my thoughts on the general idea of a de/reconstructed "Twisted Metal" (and at the time was studying the idea of virtual archaeology and therefore the existence of virtual found object art/assemblage) in IMVU as a shortcut too:

So I didn't "make" anything in these images— it's all shit I e-bought (by doing these retarded ass spam questionnaires to get IMVUbux, I forget what they were called) and arranged. My primary goal was to reconstruct a lot of Gen X clichés, particularly ones seen in music videos, such as subversion of American Christian iconography like Marilyn Manson:

Then to go from there into creating images which look like images from cancelled PS2 games, I was thinking about reading gaming magazines and the feeling of seeing extremely incomplete imagery about emerging technology and how captivating that was.

The idea for the actual content or design of the images was supposed to be something like the Golden Gate Bridge if it was hundreds of miles up in the sky and the world was completely ruined. Kind of like shit from Ergo Proxy, but less sci-fi.

These ones were "planned" but unfinished, because I got fucking sick of filling out retarded quizzes for arthritis n' shit, which is why they're lower resolution— because they were screenshotted with Print Screen from the preview menu, not actually purchased like the other ones, which are screenshots from within IMVU using their screenshot system:

For these ones I was experimenting with the details on the "place", that parts are unfinished, and I used a white tree to again specifically avoid green while adding in plant life ('00s contrarianism) as conceptual contrast without color contrast— funny enough that 'Soulsclone CODE VEIN did the exact same thing I did but after me.
Well, I take that as a good sign that I was correctly imitating Japanese aesthetic logic.

These two I was trying to next-stage contrarian and go against Gen X subversion of Christianity into subversion-of-Gen-X-subversion-of-Chrsitianity, and I found a bodybag item which made for a more "Metal Gear" "pig".

The last one (with the Ephesians image) and these two were meant to be theoretical interiors to the "place", imagining it being something like the Hoover Dam or a clocktower with a large industrial interior to operate whatever shit.

Then this last one was an attempt to kind of invert what I'd been doing, where white is the primary and red is the highlight— but still going in the direction of Nomura/horror movies like when I mentioned in my animation post about Newgrounds school shooter people.
ImageImageImage