Here's MUH OC, DONUT steal AYY LMAO! This is the space for FAN WANKERY.
"i no to long jump here and here life you no"
- My black friend

Moderator: ConSmithsAngel

Rake
MPD-Psycho
Preferred pronouns: Heaven/Smile

Re: Mind Control: Bloody Renaissance

Post by Rake »

BYYONI wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:56 pm Hello everyone, my name is PicBot Iq54. I'm a big fan of the game Suda51 and Swery65!
Nice avatar BYYONI /star and welcome to the forum— is that image taken from something, or did you make that mask?
Someone was showing me your game just the other day on another forum and asking if I'd played it (more of a reason to now).
BYYONI wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:56 pm Attention!!! The game has the highest age rating to view the page requires authorization.
/dehumanize
BYYONI wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:56 pm Image
The metal TV frame texture against the pixel art reminds me a little of the TV or whatever from NMH III (I haven't played it yet):

Which seemed like one of the best pieces of graphic design in that game. 51 is all about "multi-media".

I'll come back to this thread after I've actually played the demo, once I have more free time.
BYYONI wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 12:56 pm Image
I spy Sharapova in image #8! /yatta
AngelheadedHipster wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:45 pm German Steam blocks Adult Only games. Do you have an itch.io page or can you give me an alternate download link for the demo?
Hey Angel, good to see you again. /chair
ImageImageImage
BYYONI
Camellia Smile

Post by BYYONI »

UnrealAddict wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:06 pm
Is this a general problem with RPGMaker?
Yes this problem is common on RPG maker. Especially on versions that run on the old core.
Last edited by BYYONI on Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
BYYONI
Camellia Smile

Post by BYYONI »

AngelheadedHipster wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 4:45 pm German Steam blocks Adult Only games. Do you have an itch.io page or can you give me an alternate download link for the demo?

Edit: Never mind, found the itch.io page myself. I'll check it out soon.
I didn't realize my game wasn't available in Germany..... that's sad enough to hear. I should pay attention to this problem in the future. Perhaps I will sell the game on Itch so your region can play it.
BYYONI
Camellia Smile

Post by BYYONI »

Management wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 7:50 pm Sorry for butting in. I am currently in hiding on foreign territory with only a tablet (as the keyboard did not ship in time for me to carry it with me). Is the game playable with only touch screen / mouse interface or do I need to wait until I am back home?
Unfortunately, without a keyboard you will not be able to play the game properly. A keyboard and mouse are required. When you get home, be sure to play the game. \(^ヮ^)/
BYYONI
Camellia Smile

Post by BYYONI »

Rake wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:23 am Nice avatar BYYONI /star and welcome to the forum— is that image taken from something, or did you make that mask?
Someone was showing me your game just the other day on another forum and asking if I'd played it (more of a reason to now).
Hi, I made this mask myself. I plan to make a more practical version of the mask in the future.
If it's no secret, on which forum did you get my game recommended? I'm glad to hear that the game is talked about and interested in it.
BYYONI
Camellia Smile

Post by BYYONI »

MIND CONTROL GIFS

There are no random battles in the game. Almost all battles in the game can be avoided and the collision with the enemy occurs directly at the moment when the enemy touches you.

Also in the game there is a system of random events that makes each passage unique. This system starts working in the second act. Basically it changes the location of enemies and the way they appear. So, passing the game for the second time you will find yourself in new situations. Also this system slightly affects the story events helping the game to reveal a whole new narrative.

There are a lot of strange characters in the game. Some of them you may miss during your playthrough. Interacting with some characters can unlock additional story arcs and affect some events in the main story, as well as give the player additional items. Although many plot events may depend on "randomness" that depends on the player. Sometimes you have to be careful even in the most innocuous decisions.

I want to emphasize once again that the plot of the game is very complex and consists of a large number of mini details that fill it. The choices the player makes determine the overall narrative and slightly change the context of the story. The game has enough small details that make each playthrough unique.
AngelheadedHipster
Spiral Smile

Post by AngelheadedHipster »

It seems like a very fascinating game and I certainly want to see more of it.

But, I'm sorry if this sounds rude, the English translation is pretty spotty. I'm sure the development is probably too far along that you'd revise it entirely at this point, but if you have any interest in correcting some things with a post release patch or anything along those lines, I'd be interested in helping you correct it. I'm not asking to be paid, getting to do some work on a promising game is enough for me. Feel free to write me a message if you're interested.
Rake
MPD-Psycho
Preferred pronouns: Heaven/Smile

Post by Rake »

BYYONI wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:14 am I made this mask myself. I plan to make a more practical version of the mask in the future.
Cool! /yatta
BYYONI wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:14 am If it's no secret, on which forum did you get my game recommended? I'm glad to hear that the game is talked about and interested in it.
https://amarna-forum.net/ - but it wasn't in any thread, it was in the live chat.
AngelheadedHipster wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:17 pm I'm not asking to be paid, getting to do some work on a promising game is enough for me. Feel free to write me a message if you're interested.
I 2nd that, pretty much everyone here is interested in game development but right now no one has the time to commit to building something entirely from scratch. Reach out if you want any assistance.
ImageImageImage
BYYONI
Camellia Smile

Post by BYYONI »

AngelheadedHipster wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:17 pm It seems like a very fascinating game and I certainly want to see more of it.

But, I'm sorry if this sounds rude, the English translation is pretty spotty. I'm sure the development is probably too far along that you'd revise it entirely at this point, but if you have any interest in correcting some things with a post release patch or anything along those lines, I'd be interested in helping you correct it. I'm not asking to be paid, getting to do some work on a promising game is enough for me. Feel free to write me a message if you're interested.
Rake wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:17 pm I 2nd that, pretty much everyone here is interested in game development but right now no one has the time to commit to building something entirely from scratch. Reach out if you want any assistance.
I'm working on the translation right now, so my main job is to translate the game into English and edit the text. I am even willing to delay the release of the game if it will allow me to make a better translation because I want to bring my game to more players without losing the narrative.

Tell me if you rate this translation from 1 to 10, what mark would you give it? And is my translation better than low quality translation of Japanese games into English. I just noticed that Japanese game translations are often criticized for their low quality and I would like to know how close I am to that quality.

I won't refuse any help.

If you can help me I am willing to add references to you. For example in a graveyard or in a bar.
AngelheadedHipster
Spiral Smile

Post by AngelheadedHipster »

BYYONI wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 3:07 pm
AngelheadedHipster wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:17 pm It seems like a very fascinating game and I certainly want to see more of it.

Rake wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:17 pm I 2nd that, pretty much everyone here is interested in game development but right now no one has the time to commit to building something entirely from scratch. Reach out if you want any assistance.
I'm working on the translation right now, so my main job is to translate the game into English and edit the text. I am even willing to delay the release of the game if it will allow me to make a better translation because I want to bring my game to more players without losing the narrative.

Tell me if you rate this translation from 1 to 10, what mark would you give it? And is my translation better than low quality translation of Japanese games into English. I just noticed that Japanese game translations are often criticized for their low quality and I would like to know how close I am to that quality.

I won't refuse any help.

If you can help me I am willing to add references to you. For example in a graveyard or in a bar.
If I had to rate it in its current form, it'd probably be a 4/10. The problem is not so much with some awkward phrasing that suggests it was originally written in another language. I think that can actually sometimes add to the prose in a way, if it doesn't get to overbearing. Which is what a lot of English translations of Japanese games have. And, for what it's worth, I take some sentences no native english speaker would say over translations that try to rewrite too much of the dialogue to make it sound wittier while shitting all over the prose.

The problem is with sentences that are just not correct in english. Say "Those people whose minds I owe will serve me and following my great mission". It's a sentence a reader is gonna stumble over. It should be "own" instead of "owe" and "follow" instead of "following". And I could go over the writing in the demo line by line, and if you're interested I'd absolutely do it, but just to get my point across: There's nothing wrong with a translation that makes it apparent that the original script was written in a foreign language. It just becomes an issue when it feels like the translator wasn't quite fluid in English, which in this case, it sometimes does.