Lil' Kim - Suck My Dick "PERSONA 4 Striptease" Hiphop mix
33 of 9 3+3=6 Flesh of man 6 9 the Secular finality of Godhead

Moderators: KrazyKillerKlown, IcyCalm

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Persona 5 Joker PIMP MY HOES

Post by Krizzx »

"ANOTHER" Persona 5? How many years has it been now? The original was a PS3 game at its core. Then they released a sequel, Strikers. Then they released and enhanced edition, Royal. There was also Persona Q2 inbetween them plus the dancing game. I was expecting to see Persona 6 by now, because of the 3 post-founder persona games, 3-5, I thought 5 was the most underwhelming with the weakest plot and characters aside from you being able to date MILFs again(haven't been able to do that since Innocent Sin.) Why make a 3rd Persona 5 game? What is there left to explore? It had the least interesting concept of them all.

I guess the exit of the guy who was the main creator behind 3-5 hit Atlus a lot harder than I thought. Given how dissapoiting SMTV was, its clear that the current team just don't have the creative talent of the old Atlus shot callers. No Kaneko, no Tadashi, and no Okada. Just a shell company being populated by less talented devs. Atlas only in name. A corporate sock puppet.
player1
Spiral Smile

Re: Persona 5 Joker PIMP MY HOES

Post by player1 »

Krizzx wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:29 pm "ANOTHER" Persona 5? How many years has it been now? The original was a PS3 game at its core. Then they released a sequel, Strikers. Then they released and enhanced edition, Royal. There was also Persona Q2 inbetween them plus the dancing game. I was expecting to see Persona 6 by now, because of the 3 post-founder persona games, 3-5, I thought 5 was the most underwhelming with the weakest plot and characters aside from you being able to date MILFs again(haven't been able to do that since Innocent Sin.) Why make a 3rd Persona 5 game? What is there left to explore? It had the least interesting concept of them all.
Well it's a chinks gacha, what there's to say? Aside from that it looks decent for a mobile game. No common sense can beat the urge to milk a game that is popular among newcomers to the series.
Though I'd prefer if it was more like Dx2, which isn't connected to anything in SMT series and tells a new story without fucking with existing titles.
I'm more afraid that they will butcher demons design to appeal to CCP no-ero standards.
I'm more afraid of the whole "old plot yet different", since it's way more lame than whatever can be, if they're all will be reskins of P5 boring plot. Though there's also the question of what will they do next with this game to make people stick with it? There will be need in new stories and who knows how shitty they will be, also concerning that they will utilize P5 cast for maybe another 2-3 years of "game support"
Solvovir
Heaven Smile

Post by Solvovir »

Krizzx wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:29 pm I guess the exit of the guy who was the main creator behind 3-5 hit Atlus a lot harder than I thought. Given how dissapoiting SMTV was, its clear that the current team just don't have the creative talent of the old Atlus shot callers. No Kaneko, no Tadashi, and no Okada. Just a shell company being populated by less talented devs. Atlas only in name. A corporate sock puppet.
While it does seem to make sense to try and squeeze Persona 5 dry of every penny its worth it's also very convenient for Atlus that the new fanbase eats this shit up because they have no idea where to take the series now that Hashino is busy elsewhere and they have to scramble to either train up or hire a new director who can lead the series in a direction that will keep the hype momentum going.

Indeed you seem to be one of the only people who understands what's going on at modern Atlus. Not only are old guys like Cozy, Kaneko, and Tadashi gone, but a lot of their 00s era stars are nowhere to be seen. Hashino has moved on from Persona as stated and Yamai who was supposed to be leading the SMT games is just... gone (there was some speculation that he was recovering from COVID but it's been a year, now and we still haven't heard from him). Even Shinjiro Takada who directed Devil Survivor has not been doing anything. You know something is fucked at Atlus when they pulled Etrian Odyssey's director (himself a replacement for that series' original creator) away from whatever he was doing to make him finish SMTV.

Atlus will probably keep making money and survive as a company, but the old soul is definitely gone. It was bound to happen eventually, but it still sucks.
"Harman, the size of the world has changed. It's changed to the size where you can control it with your hands just like a PDA. The world will... keep getting smaller..."
cj_iwakura
Camellia Smile

Post by cj_iwakura »

Even Atlus USA is floundering. They had a bit of a golden age in the early 00s where they didn't just have SMT classic after classic, but genuine interesting choices in licensing. They licensed some drek, sure, but they took risks, bringing over weird shit like Metal Max and Steambot Chronicles, for better or for worse.
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

bring kozy okada back and stop this bullshit
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
Marmalade
Camellia Smile

Post by Marmalade »

ワン!