The Man, the Myth.. The Missing? Q spoke to me, "Mr. TD is trapped in the Black Lodge. You must Kill the Past to free him."

Moderator: MagnificentTerrorism

Deep
Spiral Smile

Planet G games

Post by Deep »

Story goes that about 10 years ago or so GHM tried to do some mobile games (I'm talking iPhone, Android games as well as PS Vita and 3DS, not old japanese ones). Majority of people know about Frog Minutes and maybe World Ranker and Liberation Maiden VN. However, there are more games that were made and or published by GHM. Well, it's not The GHM, it's Planet G (or Grasshopper Universe, or whatever the fuck you wanna call that). From 2011 to 2013 they made some attempts in that mobile gaming area, but most of the titles flopped hard and never recover. I don't know the rest of the story, so I can only assume that sometime in 2013 GHM sold out Planet G to someone else, or someone within GHM took a venture with that mobile gaming area and continued on with different titles across various platforms. I have no idea if modern day Planet G is actually connected to GHM at all. My best theory is that they gave up somewhere in 2013 and moved on, while few people actually went on to develop and publish bunch of games. Again, I do not know the details and it's not like I can find any info in that regard.

When it comes for actual titles they've made (and or published) it's a bottomless pit if you ask me. You can find some of the games with .apk's and .rom's, however since most of them were digital only, they're now aren't available for download from digital stores. So, basically it's lost media. Good luck finding any info about them, I'm not even talking about gameplay videos or even screenshots. Just like with mobile 25th Ward - good luck finding it. Now, many may consider these games to be nothing special or interesting, I get that, however Planet G is somehow connected to GHM (is or was part of it), so I feel it's important to at least gather as many data on it as possible (IF it's even possible). My list isn't complete (because there are may be even more titles that were lost), so if you know or have any playable .roms, gameplay videos, screenshots or description of those games, please share that info here. Dump it all down. Let's preserve what we can, while we can.

Planet G titles:

Liberation Maiden SIN (PS3) (PS Vita)
FROG MINUTES (iOS) (Android)
Japanese Frog Minutes (iOS) (Android)
MOBMOB FLASH (iOS) (Android)
No More Heroes - World Ranker (iOS) (Android)
Dark Menace (iOS) (Android)
戦国乙女 〜天下無敵の乙女バトル〜 Sengoku Otome ~Invincible Maiden Battle~ (iOS) (Android)
ゾンビスタンピード Zombie Stampede (iOS)
おでかけカレンダー Odekake Calendar (iOS) (Android)
モグモグとパクパク 〜不思議なタマゴ〜 Mogumogu and Pakupaku ~Mysterious Eggs~ (iOS) (Android)
パズル!! うまパカコレクション Puzzle!! Umapaka Collection (iOS) (Android)
仕事人麻雀 Shigoto hito mājan (iOS) (Android)
LINE EASY DIVER (iOS) (Android)
ヤマダビ Yamadabi (iOS) (Android)
BOOLINK (PS Vita)
迷球 Labyrinth MeiQ (PS Vita)
RisingStar (PS Vita)
GENIMUS (PS Vita)
忍足 ShinobiAshi (PS Vita)
Sengoku Otome: Legend Battle (PS Vita)
桜花爛漫 Oukaranman (PS Vita)
大乱走 ダッシュ or 奪取!! Runaway Dash or Capture!! (PS Vita)
Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai Yaarahen de!! Zettai ni Tsukamatte Haikenai Gasu Kurobikari Land (3DS)
ヒーローバンク Hero Bank (3DS)
ヒーローバンク2 Hero Bank 2(3DS)
Crows: Burning Edge (PS4) (PS Vita)

Games that were released as physical media:

Liberation Maiden SIN (PS3) (PS Vita)
Sengoku Otome: Legend Battle (PS Vita)
Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai Yaarahen de!! Zettai ni Tsukamatte Haikenai Gasu Kurobikari Land (3DS)
ヒーローバンク Hero Bank (3DS)
ヒーローバンク2 Hero Bank 2 (3DS)
Crows: Burning Edge (PS4) (PS Vita)

Buy these if you care.

Looking for dump of .apk, .rom, playable (lauchable) version of the game:

FROG MINUTES (Android)
Japanese Frog Minutes (iOS) (Android)
ゾンビスタンピード Zombie Stampede (iOS)
おでかけカレンダー Odekake Calendar (iOS) (Android)
モグモグとパクパク 〜不思議なタマゴ〜Mogumogu and Pakupaku ~Mysterious Eggs~ (iOS) (Android)
Dark Menace (iOS) (Android)
パズル!! うまパカコレクション Puzzle!! Umapaka Collection (iOS) (Android)
仕事人麻雀 Shigoto hito mājan (iOS) (Android)
LINE EASY DIVER (iOS) (Android)
ヤマダビ Yamadabi (iOS) (Android)
Liberation Maiden SIN (PS Vita)
Crows: Burning Edge (PS Vita)

Keep in mind that 80% of these are require online connection bullshit to launch and play them, and all servers are dead, D.E.A.D. I can find some info and screenshots and gameplay of games in last list, but not the actual game files. As of now, I have bunch of .apks for Android versions of games in the first list, and some PS Vita, 3DS titles that you can find on the web.

On Planet G site - http://www.planetg.jp/works/ last games were listed back in 2016, so since then they must've been bought out by some other company. Supposedly last game is Crows: Burning Edge, but you can only find Planet G on a boot-up screen, every else it says it was made by Bandai Namcot's. So, maybe company is dead as shit since 2017, I've no idea. If you're Bandai fan and played every game they've published from 2016, be my guest and find more Planet G titles if you can. I dare you. I'll post my findings about every title later.
Last edited by Deep on Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
kill the past
Deep
Spiral Smile

Re: Planet G games

Post by Deep »

Now I'll give you a rough idea of what every title is.

Liberation Maiden SIN

This is a Visual Novel based on Guild 01: Liberation Maiden game, where you fly around and shoot enemies. It's Japanese only game released on PS3 and PS Vita. It's a boring-ass garbage game, don't bother with it.

FROG MINUTES

This is a mobile game where you have to catch insects and frogs. Pretty addictive game and there are some achievements. Play this one, if you can find an apk.

Japanese Frog Minutes

This one is supposed to be a Mobage Japanese Only version of the game with different artstyle. I'm not even sure it exists.
Update: apparently game has additional levels, different maps and some of UI cartoon frogs. So it's basically Director's Cut or something.

MOBMOB FLASH

This is a mobile rythm game, where you tap and slide your finger across the screen and get people to join and dance together. There are supposed to be a lot of music for it, but game itself contains only one track with various difficulty settings. Pretty fun game, too bad that there is no music for it (of maybe there is, find it, now!). Game was available right on with Frog Minutes in Play Store back in a day.

No More Heroes - World Ranker

This is an online-only MMORPG in NMH universe for Japanese phones by Mobage. It flopped within a month and didn't recieve a Western release. You'd create your character and fight other people, doing jobs, missions and all that stuff. There are like one or two video with gameplay of the game. You can launch the game, but it says "servers are off", and that's it. Unplayable.

Dark Menace

As generic as Star Wars reference can be, this is a space game for moblie phones. Judging by screenshots you'd have to fight in space, do some strategy stuff and even shoot aliens from first-person view. There is no gameplay or apk, so if you can find anything, be my guest.

戦国乙女 〜天下無敵の乙女バトル〜 Sengoku Otome ~Invincible Maiden Battle~

This is some Dynasty Warriors based game (I have no idea), this is a turned based strategy game for mobile phones that is no longer in service. You still can launch the game and browse menus, look at girls in various outfits, but main gameplay isn't there, probably cuz of servers went down.

ゾンビスタンピード Zombie Stampede

This is zombie survivor game for iOS only. There is gameplay video, but rom of the actual game is nowhere to be found. It's supposed to be online-only game as well, so I think it's the same deal as with World Ranker. Find the game to prove me wrong, okay?

おでかけカレンダー Odekake Calendar

Some generic map app, also can't find this one. It's so generic you'll never find it. Was published by Planet G.

モグモグとパクパク 〜不思議なタマゴ〜 Mogumogu and Pakupaku ~Mysterious Eggs~

Some puzzle game for mobile phones. There is no apk for it, so I can't tell much about it. Well, you have to deal with eggs in this one.

うまパカコレクション Puzzle!! Umapaka Collection

As name implies, this is collection of puzzle games for japanese phones. No rom or gameplay exists.

仕事人麻雀 Shigoto hito mājan

Mah-jong for japanese phones. No rom or gameplay exists.

LINE EASY DIVER

This is mobile game made for or by LINE company. You swim around with fish and have great time. No apk exists.

ヤマダビ Yamadabi

I have no idea what this is. Some mobile game. There is an old twitter account that leads to that game (I think?), but other than that, this is a lost game.

BOOLINK

This is side-scroller shooter for PS Vita. Student-made project.

迷球 Labyrinth MeiQ

Puzzle game with balls for PS Vita. Another student-made project.

RisingStar

Another shitty shooter game for PS Vita. Another student-made project.

GENIMUS

From the gameplay, I can try to describe it as some Tempest rip-off for PS Vita. Another student-made project.

忍足 ShinobiAshi

You play as a regular Japanese salesman trying not to commit suicide on your way home. Game for PS Vita. I just made that up just looking at the screenshot.

Sengoku Otome: Legend Battle

An actual game (?) with musou gameplay for PS Vita. Looks fun. It's connected to a previous Sengoku Otome mobile game.

桜花爛漫 Oukaranman

This is a game for PS Vita. I have no idea what's the gameplay is.

大乱走 ダッシュ or 奪取!! Runaway Dash or Capture!!

This is hide & seek game for PS Vita. Supposedly online-only.

Downtown no Gaki no Tsukai Yaarahen de!! Zettai ni Tsukamatte Haikenai Gasu Kurobikari Land

This is must be longest fucken title in the world, dafaq man... Anyway, it's seems this is fun mini-game collection based off some Japanese TV Show. Game for 3DS.

ヒーローバンク Hero Bank

Some turn-based RPG for 3DS.

ヒーローバンク2 Hero Bank 2

Sequel to some turn-based RPG for 3DS.

Crows: Burning Edge

Some shitty beat-em-up in style of Yakuza and Kenka Bachou based on Crows manga. Released for PS4 and PS Vita.

So, that's must be most of them? If you find any, let me know.
Last edited by Deep on Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
kill the past
cj_iwakura
Camellia Smile

Post by cj_iwakura »

ThorHighHeels touches on Planet G here when he gets to Crows(which looks fun if zero budget) -

"And fucking Frog MInutes!?"
Deep
Spiral Smile

Post by Deep »

He barely said anything about it, but that's where I found Crows game from.
kill the past