Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

player1
Spiral Smile

New Syndrome-inspired game

Post by player1 »

In October, 2022 there was a quiet announcement of a game called Noroware Cycle (ノロワレサイクル
). What piqued my interest is that it's art-style is too similar to Syndrome series. No wonder why, the devs said that they were inspired by it, and also Ace Attorney series, though I don't see how (I have some theories tho)
We also have this contrast of janky "2D3D" with a better looking CG art!
This face looks like something from Noroi! No wonder why in interview they write NOROI not in kanji, but in katakana, like the movie.
Oh, and this fella looks like a less "realistic" hayarigami monster

Ok, it's easy to pinpoint similarities with Syndromes: that janky 2d3d look, there are 3 heroines and one wears a backpack.

Ace Attorney is a blurry one: from what I've read you need to walk around and talk with people to gather info, eventually you'll be storing a lot of keywords and you need to use them correctly to progress the story (actually reminds more of danganronpa, but whatever)

I had hopes for this title because of that logo banner with a big fucking ass moon behind the silhouette (given authors say that they were inspired by Human games, I don't think it's a stretch that they're also big fans of Suda).
Also, the plot point is a series of suicides happened in high school that leaded to forming a "curse". Reminds of MS events. But authors also imply that this may be no curse at all and I expect some shit like Mithra or whatnot to appear, making it more of a denpa game. About denpa. They also say that since the trio started investigating the suicide curse, they life turned into a nightmare. I hope it's not a banal "now ghosts haunt them", but something akin to Mika's interactions with Mithra with mindfuckery in daily life.

Currently, there's no release date, but I hope it'll be a kewl game for kewl people. /lips
Brandon
46th President of The United States

Re: New Syndrome-inspired game

Post by Brandon »

I saw that project before on one of the Suda Discords I still bother to lurk. Kinda surprising to see someone take up MS for inspiration, but I guess with the translation efforts here it's probably circling around the 'net a bit more.
/w00t
Hopefully we'll get to see more projects inspired by Suda's early work, since he seems to have completely given up on that style. /suicide
player1
Spiral Smile

Re: New Syndrome-inspired game

Post by player1 »

Brandon wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:25 am I saw that project before on one of the Suda Discords I still bother to lurk. Kinda surprising to see someone take up MS for inspiration, but I guess with the translation efforts here it's probably circling around the 'net a bit more. Hopefully we'll get to see more projects inspired by Suda's early work
/w00t
It's japs, I trust them, even if it'll turn out as a kusoge, it'll be better than a game made from a community full of deranged people who care about trans rights more than the actual content of the game. /words
since he seems to have completely given up on that style. /suicide
HE had no choice in it. I'm sure he was either mkultrad or killed and replaced at around 2013 - a year of gungho's acquisition of ghm. Since then he became more and more retarded creating shit like Ranko, Tokio and TSA. His brain was slowly rotting all this time by watching marvel movies. I think he completely stopped being Suda by 2020 when he released The Vanishing dlc for FirePro and told in an interview that "he put all his soul into it" while clearly not knowing what the hell FireProSpecial is and clearly having no soul. The real evidence is No More Heroes 3 which is a soulless shit that hypnotized people into saying "travis says trans rights!" no matter their political stance. /dehumanize