Here's MUH OC, DONUT steal AYY LMAO! This is the space for FAN WANKERY.
"i no to long jump here and here life you no"
- My black friend

Moderator: ConSmithsAngel

Iwazaru
qishmish

PinaShmuppada

Post by Iwazaru »

So, recently I was learning how to make something playable in wonderful Shmup Creator (development environment to create shoot 'em up games without programming - just WYSIWYG approach with editor and visual scripting). And after several weeks of learning and what not, I finally reached something with my first project, called PiñaShmuppada.

It's just one stage + boss fight, but that already was a challenging project to do for me. Obviously, I'm very new to this and still learning, so your feedback and critique will be appreciated much! /fuckyou

Here is the DOWNLOAD.
About 30 mb archive. Includes README with info about system requirements and default controls (which are rebindable via menu).

In regards to "gameplay system":
You have main weapon that consists of straight shot (which reaches the end of screen) and spread shot (which has limited range). You can stay safe, shooting enemies from afar with straight shot and using spread as defense tool. But also you can risk more and point-blank enemies with more power (better learn their behaviour first, though). And then, during focus mode (which enables slow speed of movement for more precise dodges) you have auxiliary weapon (nya bombs) which launch after 0.5 seconds from the start of focus mode, and they launch each 1 second. They are more slow than main weapon, but deal more damage and have a dose of auto-aim for closest enemies. Not only "nya bombs" might help you during slow movement maneuvers, but also you can do a "combo shot" by luring enemy into "nya bomb" and instantly shooting the main weapon to complement. Scoring-wise, you can keep chains of enemy kills, with 1 second time given before chain breaks. I designed the stage in a way that you can fullchain it if you want. As a reward, additional lives are granted to player.
I drew most of the graphics myself (except for a few things I should replace later like explosions or in-game fonts), but admittedly I was heavily influenced by games like Mr. Driller, Puyo Puyo Fever, Super Puzzle Bobble, Cool Cool Toon, Space Channel 5, Chu Chu Rocket, Technic Beat, Koloomn and the likes, with a dose of inspiration from Milestone shooters (Radirgy, Illvelo, Karous etc.) and Y2K aesthetics in general (rave flyers designs and what not). Music is by one of underground electronica (local) legends of the past, Jared Newby. Sounds are mostly default for now except for boss alerts.

If you can not play, but still interested to take a look, I recorded a video of playthrough.
"Casual" play
"Scorechaser" play

So, that's it for now. Looking forward your impressions and, of course, post your score!
Cheers! /X3
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
player1
Spiral Smile

Re: PinaShmuppada

Post by player1 »

Muh ha score is 32372
Got filtered by the boss
Still, a pretty tight shmup if not for appearing out of blue enemies in the centre of the screen that don't really allow for aggressive gameplay (but I guess it's a known complaint?)
I liked it anyway, can't say that I was frustrated with appearing in the air enemies. I enjoyed it even though the boss kicked my ass like 20 times in a row.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Thank you. Indeed, perhaps I should have needed to find the way to display some water ripples or fire sparkles in the place where they gonna spawn.
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

seems good, recently been into dreamcast and sega glory in general
how do I know your file is not a keylogger bot that will record every single inch of my mouse movements and completely hack my computer and all it's absolutely important NDA files plus my collection of kyary pamyu pamyu FLAC rips (ripped from the originals of course totally copyrighted) tho?
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

I have no idea. I used "engine" instead of programming it from scratch. So it could be anything.
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

I'll try it after 10 lurker pieces of s download it and post in the thread
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

Make a malware version for lurkers somehow