Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

Iwazaru
qishmish

Armored Core is back, baby!

Post by Iwazaru »

Target verified. Commencing hostilities.
nineball.jpg
nineball.jpg (273.49 KiB) Viewed 1230 times
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Re: Armored Core is back, baby!

Post by Krizzx »

A game "called" Armored Core is back. Whether is Armored core in any other than name remains to be seen.

I'm personally not holding my breath since a good bit of the armored core team left and made that studio that created Daemon X Machina.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Well, for now I'm feeling slightly optimistic after this interview:
https://www.ign.com/articles/armored-core-6-interview
IGN: Is it fair to say that Armored Core VI will be closer to the Soulsborne games than the series has been in the past?

Hidetaka Miyazaki: No, we've not been making a conscious effort to try to direct it towards more Soulsborne type gameplay. First of all, let me just make that clear.

The essential direction of [Armored Core VI] was to go back and take a good look at the core concept of Armored Core and what made that series special. So we wanted to take the assembly aspect, assembling and customizing your own mech — your AC — and then being able to exact a high level of control over the assembled mech. So we wanted to take those two core concepts and reexamine those in our modern environment.

And, of course, what that means is taking our know-how and experiences from game development in recent years, and applying that knowledge to the development of [Armored Core VI], and reexamining it together with those core concepts of Armored Core.

So the real impetus for this project, I think, or at least one of the real appeals for me comes from that aspect of assembly, and being able to really freely assemble and customize the mech, I think is what we really highly focus on in Armored Core. And having mechs or mecha as a theme, it's really about that high level of freedom that adjusting each individual part gives, and how that affects the gameplay and the properties of your mech actually in combat. We think it's a little bit more liberating than, say, just swapping out armor or equipment. There's actually a much higher degree of freedom here, and being able to see these effects both in game, and as part of the world building, and as part of your player choices, we feel like this is a very big part of what makes Armored Core special.
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Demonstration:

sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

just what I needed pre friday
some good fucking mech
played the fuck out of daemon x machina years back
if it's a stupid sony exclusive they can kiss my nutsack tho

In the works of Gaiman, a predominant concept is the concept of
postdialectic sexuality. The characteristic theme of the works of Gaiman is the
failure, and eventually the economy, of textual sexual identity. However, in
Black Orchid, Gaiman reiterates realism; in Neverwhere, although,
he affirms subcapitalist narrative.

The subject is interpolated into a realism that includes truth as a reality.
Therefore, the primary theme of Buxton’s model of textual
nationalism is a self-falsifying totality.

Debord promotes the use of preconceptualist patriarchial theory to attack
the status quo. It could be said that several deconstructions concerning the
role of the reader as observer exist.

Textual nationalism suggests that society, ironically, has intrinsic
meaning, given that the premise of realism is valid. However, the subject is
contextualised into a subcapitalist narrative that includes language as a
paradox.
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

I'm not feeling it. Looks like someone took AC5 and fused it with Dark Souls.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

I have mixed feelings myself, but mostly because shown visuals and staged "action cutscenes" didn't feel Armored Core much (even if we talk AC4/ACfA which Miyazaki directed back then - totally different vibes!) - including depicted environments and some enemy designs (Star Wars: Episode One drones anyone?). But those brief glimpses of "actual gameplay" (where you dodge in air and boost) felt "AC enough", in my optimistic opinion.

So I'm not rushing to judgement yet. However, if games will end up somewhat "disappointing" for "core" Armored Core fans, it will just make previous games more "treasured" - and personally I'm fine with that as I really hate when people act like "hey man, you only need the latest one, no need to revisit oldies".

Now, where is my Daemon x Machine 2 trailer? :)

EDIT:

Speaking of AC5/VD, there are many things in them which I really respect and like (including movement system, me as quake/quake3 player really like wallboosts), but I think general consensus that they won't dare represent them in AC6 (also because while 5/VD mostly triumphed in Japan, in West majority of players hated it and focused on 4: For Answer or AC2/3 instead).
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

I'm not getting my hopes up. I doubt it will be a bad games, but it will be no return to form for Armored Core. ie, No mech mercenary simulation.

I'm more looking forward to the Elden Ring expansion
ArhumMK51
Duplicator Smile

Post by ArhumMK51 »

I wonder if the PC version will be balanced/altered for Mouse/Keyboard controls. AC1 and 2 recently got Mouse injector patches and it changes the game completely. You were not meant to react and fight as fast.

Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Krizzx wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:45 am I'm not getting my hopes up. I doubt it will be a bad games, but it will be no return to form for Armored Core. ie, No mech mercenary simulation.

I'm more looking forward to the Elden Ring expansion
Guess you were right.

+ see AMA with FromCheng.

Still, everyone will play it /tardrave