The perfect club to WINE and DINE, KILL and UNWIND. Heaven Smiles when you speak BULLSHIT, perhaps fate shall smile at you as well.

Moderator: LGBTQanon

Cat
Bombhead Smile

Punk's Not Dead

Post by Cat »

I consider mass-culture to be thoroughly saturated with the lasting influence of Punk, which I would define as dialectical common sense.
To put it another way, the almost Pavlovian reflex to intervene, épater and speak the truth when faced with "nonsensical" expectations of dignity or restraint.
It also takes the form of characterizations and objections being hyperbolic to the point of vulgarity.

Where this (slightly) detours from forms like Anarchism or Situationism is that it's always in the service of the most asinine and mundane half-thoughts and view of life. These are the bounds within which there is comfort because these aren't illogical.

Self-conception is as part of an abstract rag-tag "rabble" who speak truth to power and always punch up (Example: Your mother), or as a detached Diogenes-figure (Example: John Lydon) or admiring fellow everyman-genius.
Higher culture is dismissed and simultaneously given a status as something beyond the understanding of pretentious philistines.

Video examples to follow.
Last edited by Cat on Sun Jul 31, 2022 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't be crazy.
I would never go near such a poisonous flower.
She is carnivorous. She disgusts me"
cake
Spiral Smile

Re: Punk's Not Dead

Post by cake »

i find contemporary counter culture to be no different from the protestant reformation. they split away from rome only to read the same books as them, except now a retard whose mind can't comprehend scripture is able to publish his unholy eisegetic ramblings which has lead to the death of god and language. similarly punk fags talked mad shit about the government and authority et cetera and what'd their generations do once they got into power? remake society in the image of liberty? they just gave even more power to edom

that said some of their tunes were pretty good
ImageImage
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

game nerds are more punk than punk fight me in front of my house if you disagree
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

doing a shoryuken in a saturn controller is more punk than whatever the fuck the americans were doing in the 80s
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

bring me the most hardcore punks one by one see if they can beat me at street fighter 3 2nd impact against my Sean. See how punk they are after they get obliterated
MANMANMAN
Heaven Smile
Preferred pronouns: Him

Post by MANMANMAN »

Punk's not dead at least as an artform. In the 3rd dimension, all those mohawk black leather wearing punks you'd commonly see in the 80s have moved on and probably work a blue collar job nowadays or died. Going back to punk as an artform, I'd say that it's alive in the form of subgenres such as "cyberpunk, steampunk, garagepunk" and etc but most of the artists that use the genre seem to forget the PUNK aspect of it and only use it for the surface level aesthetics.