The Man, the Myth.. The Missing? Q spoke to me, "Mr. TD is trapped in the Black Lodge. You must Kill the Past to free him."

Moderator: MagnificentTerrorism

水銀鬼神
Heaven Smile

Re: Killer is Dead (Killer7 spin-off / short story)

Post by 水銀鬼神 »

SAVETHEPAST wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:55 pm CJ you're a fascist, they banned you from ResetEra for a reason and no amount of backpedaling is going to change the fact you WORK FOR THE POLICE. How the fuck can you call yourself a leftist? You're no different from Xed or that other creep.
I don't know anything about CJ's ban, but I think criticizing someone for working for the police isn't the way to go if you look into a class conscious stance. He isn't a politician who has the power to change the system and doesn't do anything. He isn't a CEO with enough money to bend laws into his knees. He is a worker, a cog in the system of capilitalism just like me and you. While I truly understand where you are coming from in regards to how the current security system is inherently flawed, I do think judging everyone who works in any kind of job related to the police is really reductive.

I think being against the way the state (and the capitalists) use the police to oppress the proletariat is a very fair and reasonable judgement. However, I don't think it's fair to just disregard someone as a human being because they found a job in the police, because the issue itself is systemic. It's not about the one person who has a regular, low paying job in a department. It's about the ones who actually hold power and weaponize the police against us.
SAVETHEPAST wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:55 pm There's no one who's ever wanted to hijack Suda's work more than you freaks, great job getting people to join who think arbitrary murder of POC in NMH2 is cool, as always all you've ever done is spread misinformation and smear Suda is a fascist.
Please, don't misrepresent what I said. I do think that scene is horrible for the same exact reason as you do, it's unacceptable considering nowadays' standards. I don't think it's cool at all.

The issue I have with it is that... media in the 2000s as a whole was full of problematic things. Killer7's "ALL WOMEN ARE THE SAME" scene is problematic. God Hand had stereotyped muscular gay men as a bossfight, and the entire joke was the fact they were gay. No More Heroes 1 made you fight a seminude woman to death in a beach. Even western videogames ended up showing problematic aspects to them, like the entirety of Bioshock Infinite and the way it deals with POC. I'm fine, just like I stated in my post, with criticism related to that scene. Let me word it even better: I would support any kind of criticism like this. But let's not forget that this is a 2000s game, such shitty things are a product of its era and you'll find examples of that even in mainstream releases of the time.

Besides that, I also dislike how people pretend that the scene "has no purpose", when the idea is exactly to show how Travis (and other killers like Nathan) disregard the collateral damage of their harmful behavior. It has a purpose in the overall game script's structure. No wonder the game later confronts Travis about what he is doing, the idea IS to show how Travis and Nathan can be self centered assholes who innocent people to achieve their goals, it's meant to be uncomfortable and exaggerated. I do think it was a really bad call to use one of the only bosses with afro-american music inspired design to illustrate this, but I do think it was more of an accidental choice than some kind of racist statement. Still, I do think that, if you put into perspective that it's a game released more than 10 years ago, made by Japanese devs that were basically inspired by western tropes, it makes sense that it would feature such offensive content. It's as if people were picking movies like Gone with the Wind and felt surprised that it had, in social terms, a lot of shitty things. Like... It's from another era man.

And most Suda51 games do fit into this category frequently too. Kusabi didn't really need to throw the f slur in The Silver Case. The 25th Ward had a rape joke in the turn-based segment. I'm not forgetting that Suda was indeed able to portray trans people in a very nuanced and well written manner in 25th Ward, and I think they were really progressive in terms of narrative for their time. Still, I do feel his games always touched a lot of very dangerous topics, which causes slip ups such as the ones I mentioned before. And this happens especially due to the fact they were from the 2000s, people weren't really that conscious back then. Just look a how videogame media used to behave, some JRPGs suffered from borderline racist comments due to their cultural attachment to some traditionally Japanese characteristics.

It should also be stated that consuming problematic media or enjoying problematic media doesn't mean shit. In terms of message and interpretation, I can enjoy a piece of media for the things I like and look critically into the problematic aspects. In terms of supporting shitty people, I think Grasshopper went through a lot of transformations and I don't think they would do something like that again nowadays. I can just enjoy NMH2's OST, action and themes without necessarily enjoying that specific scene.

Hope it's a bit more clear for you right now. I do not have issues with criticizing a specific NMH2 scene, I have issues with people trying to shit on a game. as if it was deliberately evil, for problematic things that aren't exclusive to it at all. For things that are present in most of the old Suda games, which they turn a blind eye on.
SAVETHEPAST wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:55 pm No one cares about this irrelevant site and no amount of spamming will make anyone care. Everyone with a brain has grown up and moved beyond this edgelord shit you guys are pathetically trying to keep alive.

To anyone here that's unfamiliar with these people, just leave. Don't let them act like they control this shit.
If nobody cared that much, you wouldn't be posting in his thread at all. I'm glad to have a place where I can publicly discuss Suda a bit more seriously. I also enjoy the forum format since it allows us to archive material and discussions a lot better than Discords and such. Please, don't project your drama related to individual people into me or any other new member. I don't think it's hard to understand why a portion of the audience would want to avoid a lot of places of the current GHM fandom and post in here instead.
player1
Spiral Smile

Post by player1 »

水銀鬼神 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:47 pm
I don't know anything about CJ's ban, but I think criticizing someone for working for the police isn't the way to go if you look into a class conscious stance.
Don't even try to reason with him until he took his meds. He's literally obsessed with CJ like some yandere gal from anime. I meant it as a joke, but it's a truth with a wide grin.
水銀鬼神 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:47 pm Besides that, I also dislike how people pretend that the scene "has no purpose", when the idea is exactly to show how Travis (and other killers like Nathan) disregard the collateral damage of their harmful behavior. It has a purpose in the overall game script's structure. No wonder the game later confronts Travis about what he is doing, the idea IS to show how Travis and Nathan can be self centered assholes who innocent people to achieve their goals, it's meant to be uncomfortable and exaggerated. I do think it was a really bad call to use one of the only bosses with afro-american music inspired design to illustrate this, but I do think it was more of an accidental choice than some kind of racist statement. Still, I do think that, if you put into perspective that it's a game released more than 10 years ago, made by Japanese devs that were basically inspired by western tropes, it makes sense that it would feature such offensive content. It's as if people were picking movies like Gone with the Wind and felt surprised that it had, in social terms, a lot of shitty things. Like... It's from another era man.
Do we really live in a time where we defend a fucking assassin? Like we say that when Garcian kills people it's ok that black man kills people for some reason and that's not fucking racist, but when we kill a black assassin as a white assassin then IT IS problematic? They ALL are assassins. If anything, they're SCUM to normal people. As white politicians. They were never portrayed as good guys, politicians as a whole. They ARE scum, they DON'T care about people. You're not supposed to self-insert into Travis either. Just because Suda started to pander to fans who think that Travis is literally them, he's a simp who killed people for a woman. He's not a cool guy, he's a pathetic dude.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

A true classic for the fans of assasins:

wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
cj_iwakura
Camellia Smile

Post by cj_iwakura »

I definitely think the "women are all the same" scene is meant to be problematic, the politician saying it is clearly a scumbag.
水銀鬼神
Heaven Smile

Post by 水銀鬼神 »

cj_iwakura wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:30 am I definitely think the "women are all the same" scene is meant to be problematic, the politician saying it is clearly a scumbag.
Yeah, I know. It was a quick way to communicate that the politician is a self centered asshole. Still, you could remove the entire clear intention of the scene and judge it merely for being problematic.

Just like you can remove the fact killing the innocent girls in that scene has the purpose of depicting Travis as a raging asshole who wouldn't mind killing innocent people, and that GHM didn't have much tact with America's social issues back in the day, they couldn't understand that picking especifically black girls as a target wouldn't age well. When you forget that, yeah it sure looks bad. But it had an intention and a lot of the problematic crap in that scene is the result of different ages, different standards.
player1 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:33 pm Do we really live in a time where we defend a fucking assassin? Like we say that when Garcian kills people it's ok that black man kills people for some reason and that's not fucking racist, but when we kill a black assassin as a white assassin then IT IS problematic? They ALL are assassins. If anything, they're SCUM to normal people. As white politicians. They were never portrayed as good guys, politicians as a whole. They ARE scum, they DON'T care about people. You're not supposed to self-insert into Travis either. Just because Suda started to pander to fans who think that Travis is literally them, he's a simp who killed people for a woman. He's not a cool guy, he's a pathetic dude.
Yeah, Travis is meant to be relatable in a self-critical form, not as the "cool uncle" he became in NMH3. In No More Heroes 2, even if Travis is a better person than he was in 1, is still a fucking asshole and Alice Moonlight's fight is meant to force him to reflect on that. And most of these minors who were talking shit hardly know how to understand the difference between depicting problematic topics and endorsing them. That scene sure lacks tact if you consider the current standards, but I think it's a product of its time first and foremost. Just like Ashley in Resident Evil 4 or The Witcher games making you collect cards of nude women you had sex with. Playing old games also means you are consistently exposed to how culture used to work in the past, which means you might see shit that doesn't please you. I just think it's too big of a hysteria for shit we can find in any M rated game of the era.
player1
Spiral Smile

Post by player1 »

水銀鬼神 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:53 am And most of these minors who were talking shit hardly know how to understand the difference between depicting problematic topics and endorsing them. That scene sure lacks tact if you consider the current standards, but I think it's a product of its time first and foremost. Just like Ashley in Resident Evil 4 or The Witcher games making you collect cards of nude women you had sex with. Playing old games also means you are consistently exposed to how culture used to work in the past, which means you might see shit that doesn't please you. I just think it's too big of a hysteria for shit we can find in any M rated game of the era.
No, you see, there's absolutely nothing problematic in GhM games. First of all, these whole SJW retards always whine about culture appropriation and oppression of some groups, but now Japanese way of doing things is problematic and not allowed. How come? Huh?
You need to understand the whole context of the hypocrisy of the fag who started it all. He has been with CJ for like 2 years prior 2020 when they went different ways. What happened in 2020? BLM protests. And did they care about black characters in NMH2 prior 2020? Nah. But after all this shit it became hip to be a negro kisser no matter what situation and that all pigs are busta!! They're nothing but hivemind drones that attacked CJ simply because he's associated with a force that is bad overall. I assure you, these dumb fags would be shot dead shortly after achieving imaginary goal of getting rid from police forces.
Now, yesterday CJ registered and posted here. And magically this faggot appeared out of nowhere. Means that he's either obsessed with CJ or this site, either way he has a lot of free time. Mind you, nobody fucking cares about their little group there, yet they do care about this little site. This shit is mindblowing. /suicide

So, what I want to say? People who dictate to you what is problematic and what is not are exactly the same type of people like this dude. He has a lot of free time to stalk his beloved senpai on the web. These are people who go with the flow and decide what's problematic according to the current popular agenda, while sniffing each other farts in their closed community. Especially there's no fucking reason to bitch about satirical wacky-woohoo shit like NMH series. No fucking reason to somehow judge a jap games through the lens of a westoid. Don't even try to judge something by some imaginary "trendy" standards. "Your real fight starts here". /noir
Deep
Spiral Smile

Post by Deep »

SAVETHEPAST wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:55 pmYou guys are fucking delusional.
Cry a river, wouldcha?

The fact that you took your time to register and post here is beyond amount of bravery most of twitter people have, so that's admirable to say the least. I had no idea Iwakura were within a "WAR" among other ghm followers, so that's news to me.
kill the past
cj_iwakura
Camellia Smile

Post by cj_iwakura »

Deep wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:23 am
SAVETHEPAST wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:55 pmYou guys are fucking delusional.
Cry a river, wouldcha?

The fact that you took your time to register and post here is beyond amount of bravery most of twitter people have, so that's admirable to say the least. I had no idea Iwakura were within a "WAR" among other ghm followers, so that's news to me.
I really would not give it that much credence, it was just a few users in the KTP discord that I had a disagreement with, so they left and started a new one. The majority of us are still just fine and in the same channel, I'd like to think.
Brandon
46th President of The United States

Post by Brandon »

Amazing there's drama in a "community" this small (and segregated). /ugay Hope the lulz keep on keepin' on. /af
Meru
Bombhead Smile

Post by Meru »

SAVETHEPAST wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:55 pm as always all you've ever done is spread misinformation and smear Suda is a fascist.
Freudian slip? :lol:
We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it.