Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

Laugh at the Moon
Duplicator Smile

Re: On the "wokeness" of recent Gundam

Post by Laugh at the Moon »

Actually you are a pussy, gabriel. I just read what you said after quoting you and I think you're a fag now instead. (even though I think your MegaTen posts are good)

"I think what he's trying to argue"

How is the post confusing? You can just read it and know what he was saying. Among other things: "anti-war" is a nonsensical concept.
Meru
Bombhead Smile

Post by Meru »

Certainly, Krizzx should be held accountable for his unmanly spinelessness and I don't want to take us off course again, but I also don't want this masterpiece to get lost in the epic flamewar. In fact, we can see some similar things going on re: "The American Gaze":
FAILions wrote:So forget about the robots, about the political intrigue, about the 1970s animation you love to hate, about all of that, and watch this show with only this in mind: these are kids forced to grow up, the same way any of us are. Opposed to them is Char, 20 years old, who refuses to make the compromises necessary to become an adult and ends up living as a child forever. This is the anime that shows you how to reconcile your teenage self-importance with the unforgiving impersonal adult world, how to weaponize it and make it a light that never goes out rather than a burning engine that hurts to come near.
Subarashii!
We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Meru wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:41 pm
Certainly, Krizzx should be held accountable for his unmanly spinelessness
Subarashii!

You've lost me.

If you referring to me refusing to argue with with the dude throwing insults and making false claims, then there is simply nothing more to discuss on my end, because that is a cut off point for me anytime, anywhere with anyone.

His post is irrational, but even if it wasn't, having to scream insults and profanity at a person in an argument is a solid indicator that I am dealing with a person who is either low intellect or has mental issues. Its arguing with emotion rather than evidence and I don't do emotional arguments.

I posted several links of people quoting Yoshiyuki Tomino, the original creator of Gundam, in interviews stating his own rationale and intent. Dude just flat out handwaves the most solid evidence available and claims that its not what it is. Then he proceeds on a psychotic, screaming, insult filled rant. I'm not wasting my time arguing that shit. LMAO! He lost my respect and placed himself on my shit list with the first insult. His post is not grounded in reality to begin with since it all followed a false claim. Arguing against fallacies validates them where they would otherwise have no validation. In other words, if the premise is false, then so is all that follows it.

Good luck with that nonsense. I'm done with it and him. If you want to be booty buddies with him, then you too.
Laugh at the Moon
Duplicator Smile

In other words you found it too complicated to follow. Why not just admit it? Nobody seems to have had difficulty getting the gist of what he said except for you.
I understand that it must be difficult not having a balding Occupy Wall Street teachers union faggot over your shoulder scanning the lines of the post with his finger and helping you to sound the words. Being out in the world and having to meet thoughts half-way is a big responsibility. You are free to abdicate it and take the position of "I'm not reading dat shit" but don't try to act like the bigger man here.
Laugh at the Moon
Duplicator Smile

Meru
Bombhead Smile

Post by Meru »

Krizzx wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:23 am
Meru wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:41 pm
Certainly, Krizzx should be held accountable for his unmanly spinelessness
Subarashii!

You've lost me.

If you referring to me refusing to argue with with the dude throwing insults and making false claims, then there is simply nothing more to discuss on my end, because that is a cut off point for me anytime, anywhere with anyone.

His post is irrational, but even if it wasn't, having to scream insults and profanity at a person in an argument is a solid indicator that I am dealing with a person who is either low intellect or has mental issues. Its arguing with emotion rather than evidence and I don't do emotional arguments.

I posted several links of people quoting Yoshiyuki Tomino, the original creator of Gundam, in interviews stating his own rationale and intent. Dude just flat out handwaves the most solid evidence available and claims that its not what it is. Then he proceeds on a psychotic, screaming, insult filled rant. I'm not wasting my time arguing that shit. LMAO! He lost my respect and placed himself on my shit list with the first insult. His post is not grounded in reality to begin with since it all followed a false claim. Arguing against fallacies validates them where they would otherwise have no validation. In other words, if the premise is false, then so is all that follows it.

Good luck with that nonsense. I'm done with it and him. If you want to be booty buddies with him, then you too.
I don't want to be booty buddies with him thank you very much.

I think you misunderstood his premise. The question of the artistic intent of Tomino is almost beside the point here. He was attempting, admittedly with coarse language, to get you to think about the lack of interest in divining said intent from the work itself in favor of pre-defined, ill-fitting ideas. Or outright claptrap. He was saying that the "interviews" you linked were guilty of the same and went to the trouble of explaining how.

I think if you could see things more impartially you'd realize you came across like somebody sticking their fingers in their ears and going "lalala I'm not listening". That's why I said what I said.

Somebody calling you rude names might make them rude, but it doesn't make them wrong.
We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it.
Queen SMiLE
Heaven Smile

Post by Queen SMiLE »

富野は信用してはいけない。ガンダムは常に日本の出生率を抑制することを目的としていた。
少しでも注意していれば分かるはずです。