Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

calvary93

Re: On the "wokeness" of recent Gundam

Post by calvary93 »

Krizzx wrote: There was also always a theme of "women
Every forum I go to now people bring up the housewife thing. Did a YouTube video essayist talk about this or something? Yes admittedly this is a case of something one can’t un-see after it’s pointed out. Fine. I think It’s really stretching it to call it a “theme” though. It doesn’t really extend beyond the design of the robots and the plot of the show.
anthony
Camellia Smile

Post by anthony »

Krizzx wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:14 pm What you just described is the opposite of Gundam. The first two Gundam anime were all about drama and character interpersonal fighting. The conflict between Char and Amuro. Char's betrayal of Garma. The love triangle between Lala Sune, Char and Amuro. Giren's ambition. The original Gundam was about a geek who got forced into conflict and turned out to be really good at piloting a mech suit, but hated war. There was also always a theme of "women shouldn't fight in armed conflict" because they are prone to hysterical behavior as well(a Tomino special)

Z Gundam was all about political intrigue, and war crimes. You had 3 factions fighting against each other with all kinds of infighting and betrayals with the Zeon remnants in the background. You have the Kamille and Four(and Fa) relationship,. The leader of the Titans forces, who's name I can't remember, and his CO. Then of course, Char and Haman. Recoa...

Don't even let me get started on V Gundam.

Gundam was originally an "anti-war" anime that focused on the brutality and evil of war. Tomino heavily based it own experiences following the end of world war 2. Zeon was literally just space Nazis. The mech combat was really technical and conflicts were brutal.

Modern Gundam anime are something else entirely compared to the original. They stopped being anti-war epics about people's personal conflicts, rivalries and romances on the battlefield to just being common anime filled with common anime tropes, big explosions and flashy super weapons. The main characters never had the most powerful suits in the originals. They were always pit against superior enemies numbers or mechs and won with skill, technique and ingenuity. That takes writing skills, though. So now, all the main character have super weapons with super powers.

Gundam Wing was the first advent of the decline of Gundam. Angsty teens with super robots, giants lasers and flashy attacks everywhere. The writing is so basic on post 2k Gundam.
Holy media illiteracy...

I'll give you this. You're not wrong starting out. Gundam is very interpersonal. It's dramatic. Char and Amuro and everyone they're close to, their lovers, enemies, friends, there's a lot going on. And Amuro isn't super enthusiastic about finding himself shanghaid into his first ever war. And Tomino thinks women are women. Great stuff. Gundam is awesome. High human drama taking place in times of war.

But you seem confused from here. Gundam is "anti-war". You seem to have gotten here the same way most clowns end up calling things "anti-war". You see war in a work of fiction/art/media, and you don't like war, so every depiction of war reads as negative, so every work that you believe is good has to be anti-war. Easy test, name your favourite pro-war piece of fiction/art/media.

Tomino's work I believe can be viewed similarly to that of Paul Verhoeven. He is a man interested in human extremes who passes little in the way of judgement. Mobile Suit Gundam is about critical episodes in a speculative future of humanity and in the lives of its characters. The episodes tend to be set in wartime because war is an extreme state that humanity regularly falls into. He depicts it, and this depiction contains undeniably unpleasant or bad elements. But what of it? Is Gundam also anti-sadness? Anti-violence? Anti-stress? Anti-unhappiness? Obviously we can figure that Tomino and most artists does not like bad things for their own sakes. But is he opposed to them? Would that mean anything or make any kind of sense? My suggestion to you is that, in the eyes of Tomino war is as much a part of humanity as our bad feelings. It's just a part of a picture of people and the world.

Suggesting that Gundam is about "the brutality and evil of war" suggests that war is the point of Gundam. That this show has an agenda, and that agenda is to express a view of the phenomena of war (and I do believe he sees it as a phenomena, not a crime or a choice or an action). I believe that the show's agenda is humanity, and that any negative judgements on war that struck you as relevant while observing the show mostly came from the mental and emotional baggage you brought in with you. Yes, bad things happen in Gundam's war. That's war and that's life. Is this a particular focus? We also see glorious and exciting and moving moments in this war. They all could have been completely absent but we get all of it. On what grounds do you declare any particular piece to be the "focus"?

Yes, Zeon were space Nazis (or perhaps, the space-Axis), and the depictions of violence were technically thought out and brutal. And again, what of it? To take things even further, I agree that Zeon are an intentional echo of the Axis powers. And I don't believe that this was a simple shorthand for telling us they're bad. Again, Gundam is about its characters. Who do we find on each side. Our protagonists are Char with Zeon and Amuro with the Federation. How does that work out for each of them? Both of them have interests which are somewhat served by and somewhat clash with the views, aims, and actions of each side. But one of the most essential human dynamics in Gundam is that of the Newtype. Humanity's outliers. The extraordinarily gifted, sensitive, and strange. These people are concentrated within Zeon because they have a way of life which brings humanity to this extreme more readily. And Zeon will continue to cultivate this phenomena if it wins. While The Federation has little respect for human outliers and as far as it has any vision for humanity it sees itself as a stabilising mass. Safety and regularity within the mean. I think that the fate of Amuro by the beginning of Gundam Zeta is obviously Tomino suggesting that there was a fundamental justice to the cause of Zeon, that they had a more striking positive vision for what to do with humanity, and that there was something just about their war and something tragic about their defeat. The Federation needed Amuro to win and then it put him in a cage for his troubles. He fought for a vision of humanity in which he had no place. But of course, Tomino doesn't think in such big and crass ideas. Amuro wasn't fighting for ideals at all. He was prompted by circumstance and his friends. Again, war is a phenomena. Gundam can be viewed as a character drama without making any mistakes. But there is more to it than that, and if you want to make sense of Tomino's picture of politics, war, and the human condition you need to do a lot better than "anti-war".

In Gundam war is not simply brutal and evil. War is like the seasons. War is the last argument of kings. War is something that will probably always be with us.

And while I haven't seen much Gundam beyond its starting works, I believe that with this view in mind (the correct one), its broader universe of adjacent works can be read far more charitably and have far more going on, while also being relatively true to the spirit of Gundam. Which is not "anti-war". The spirit of Gundam is exploring humanity through wartime character drama in potential human futures.

The writing may in fact be "basic" in these other works, I haven't seen them. But I won't trust you to be the judge of that.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

anthony wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:34 pm
Holy media illiteracy...

I'll give you this. You're not wrong starting out. Gundam is very interpersonal. It's dramatic. Char and Amuro and everyone they're close to, their lovers, enemies, friends, there's a lot going on. And Amuro isn't super enthusiastic about finding himself shanghaid into his first ever war. And Tomino thinks women are women. Great stuff. Gundam is awesome. High human drama taking place in times of war.
anthony wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:34 pm But you seem confused from here. Gundam is "anti-war". You seem to have gotten here the same way most clowns end up calling things "anti-war". You see war in a work of fiction/art/media, and you don't like war, so every depiction of war reads as negative, so every work that you believe is good has to be anti-war. Easy test, name your favourite pro-war piece of fiction/art/media.
anthony wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:34 pm But there is more to it than that, and if you want to make sense of Tomino's picture of politics, war, and the human condition you need to do a lot better than "anti-war".

In Gundam war is not simply brutal and evil. War is like the seasons. War is the last argument of kings. War is something that will probably always be with us.
anthony wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:34 pm And while I haven't seen much Gundam beyond its starting works, I believe that with this view in mind (the correct one), its broader universe of adjacent works can be read far more charitably and have far more going on, while also being relatively true to the spirit of Gundam. Which is not "anti-war".

The writing may in fact be "basic" in these other works, I haven't seen them. But I won't trust you to be the judge of that.
"I ask whether the first Gundam is an anti-war work. Tomino is unequivocal: “Yes, definitely so.” Both the TV and cinema versions of Gundam "

https://blog.alltheanime.com/yoshiyuki- ... interview/

"Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino has mentioned in a recent interview that glorifying war is the last thing on his mind."

https://www.thegamer.com/gundam-creator ... itary-war/

“To tell you the truth, I feel that the fundamental messages I put into Gundam, such as theories about society and war, are hindered by the design of the giant robot called Gundam and aren’t being conveyed as well as I would like,” he explained. “Children like dinosaurs and giant robots, and Gundam’s popularity is an extension of that.”

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-comme ... 36145.html

"―Are there anti-war sentiments in the first generation Mobile Suit Gundam, where you acted as supervising director?

T: Of course. Absolutely true."

https://soranews24.com/2015/11/14/inter ... of-gundam/

"After drawing audiences in with the promise of operatic space battles, Mobile Suit Gundam unveils its true intentions as an enthusiastically anti-war story. Despite the gunfights and explosions, Gundam always lays bare the human cost behind the action."

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/s ... uit-gundam

"There's nothing cool about it," he said. "After all, war must not happen. However, unfortunately we will never be rid of war thanks to the delusions of those who yearn for it."

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/mobile ... ent-anime/

Tomino's Gundam(and his other mech anime like Ideon, Aura Battler Dunbine and Round Vernian Vifam) were always most prominantly anti-war at their core. Showing the human cost of war was the reason his anime tended to have so many important character deaths leading to him being given the nickname "Kill'em all Tomino" by fans.

You can want Gundam to be whatever you like, but Tomino wanted it to be anti-war as its primary goal. He has stated as much "MULTIPLE TIMES"
calvary93 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:21 pm
Krizzx wrote: There was also always a theme of "women
Every forum I go to now people bring up the housewife thing. Did a YouTube video essayist talk about this or something? Yes admittedly this is a case of something one can’t un-see after it’s pointed out. Fine. I think It’s really stretching it to call it a “theme” though. It doesn’t really extend beyond the design of the robots and the plot of the show.
Its a recurring theme in anime directed by Tomino going as far back as Ideon. V Gundam was the most notorious, because he was "supposedly" involved in a love triangle with one of the voice actors and singer from Z Gundam, but didn't get chosen in the end. This lead to him getting "VERY" creative with killing attractive women in V Gundam. Look up "The Shrike Team"

Then there is Katejina going bat shit with hysteria and Fuala Griffin's whole character. There used to be a lot of scenes on Youtube, but it looks like they all got copyright claimed. There is hardly anything left for V Gundam.

anthony
Camellia Smile

Post by anthony »

Krizzx wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 8:59 pm
anthony wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:34 pm
Holy media illiteracy...

anthony wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:34 pm But you seem confused from here. Gundam is "anti-war". You seem to have gotten here the same way most clowns end up calling things "anti-war". You see war in a work of fiction/art/media, and you don't like war, so every depiction of war reads as negative, so every work that you believe is good has to be anti-war. Easy test, name your favourite pro-war piece of fiction/art/media.
anthony wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:34 pm But there is more to it than that, and if you want to make sense of Tomino's picture of politics, war, and the human condition you need to do a lot better than "anti-war".

anthony wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:34 pm And while I haven't seen much Gundam beyond its starting works, I believe that with this view in mind (the correct one), its broader universe of adjacent works can be read far more charitably and have far more going on, while also being relatively true to the spirit of Gundam. Which is not "anti-war".

"I ask whether the first Gundam is an anti-war work. Tomino is unequivocal: “Yes, definitely so.” Both the TV and cinema versions of Gundam "

https://blog.alltheanime.com/yoshiyuki- ... interview/

"Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino has mentioned in a recent interview that glorifying war is the last thing on his mind."

https://www.thegamer.com/gundam-creator ... itary-war/

“To tell you the truth, I feel that the fundamental messages I put into Gundam, such as theories about society and war, are hindered by the design of the giant robot called Gundam and aren’t being conveyed as well as I would like,” he explained. “Children like dinosaurs and giant robots, and Gundam’s popularity is an extension of that.”

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/ideas-comme ... 36145.html

"―Are there anti-war sentiments in the first generation Mobile Suit Gundam, where you acted as supervising director?

T: Of course. Absolutely true."

https://soranews24.com/2015/11/14/inter ... of-gundam/

"After drawing audiences in with the promise of operatic space battles, Mobile Suit Gundam unveils its true intentions as an enthusiastically anti-war story. Despite the gunfights and explosions, Gundam always lays bare the human cost behind the action."

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/s ... uit-gundam

"There's nothing cool about it," he said. "After all, war must not happen. However, unfortunately we will never be rid of war thanks to the delusions of those who yearn for it."

https://comicbook.com/anime/news/mobile ... ent-anime/

Tomino's Gundam(and his other mech anime like Ideon, Aura Battler Dunbine and Round Vernian Vifam) were always most prominantly anti-war at their core. Showing the human cost of war was the reason his anime tended to have so many important character deaths leading to him being given the nickname "Kill'em all Tomino" by fans.

You can want Gundam to be whatever you like, but Tomino wanted it to be anti-war as its primary goal. He has stated as much "MULTIPLE TIMES"
You fucking pig. This is such an awful, lazy, self-serving, complacent post. I ought to spit on you. I am genuinely disgusted and mad at the internet.

Did you even notice that almost EVERY SINGLE PIECE LINKED is NOT AN INTERVIEW WITH TOMINO? They are instead COMMENTARIES ON INTERVIEWS BY RETARDED FAGGOT BAIZUO LIKE YOURSELF, OR NOT EVEN THAT, LISTICLE-TIER 300 WORD "COMMENTARIES" ON GUNDAM AS AN ANTI-WAR WORK IN WHICH ALL THEY SAY IS "GUNDAM IS AN ANTI-WAR WORK". THIS IS HOW MEDIA ILLITERACY WORKS. THIS IS HOW WORKS GET COMPLETELY BACKWARD REPUTATIONS IN THE MASS MIND. YOU ARE ALL SO SURE OF YOURSELVES AND IT RESTS ON FUCKING NOTHING.

Why don't we work through this. Starting with the "alltheanime" guy. Is it an "anti-war" work? That's simultaneously a meaningless and loaded question. You didn't address the key substance of my post, which was asking what the fuck that means. Instead you just repeated it like a dumb animal (you pig fuck).

Is it an anti-war work? Even if we have an "unequivocal yes" according to an extremely conceptually overloaded westerner's recap of a conversation he apparently refuses to transcribe, what does that mean? What is an anti-war work? Can your pig-fuck brain explain that in a sentence which does not contain the term "anti-war"? Can you understand why I am asking you this?

Next one, you send me a less than 400 words recap of an interview WHICH IS ENTIRELY TRANSLATED AND LINKED WITHIN THIS POINTLESS "PIECE" BECAUSE YOU ARE MORE INTERESTED IN DRAWING YOUR AUTHORITY FROM OTHER RETARDED NON JAPANESE WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH GUNDAM LOOKING AT IT FROM OUTSIDE THAN TOMINO HIMSELF. EVERYTHING YOU HAVE LINKED ME IS OTHER PEOPLE INTERPRETING TOMINO (even when it's his words, if you can't understand how that works you really are a PIG FUCK).

Hey piggy, I actually looked at the full piece and look at the FULL QUOTE which this DUMB RANCID CUNT cropped for her own super valuable and not pointless "piece". She is totally a real journalist and not a RETARDED WHORE WHOSE LIFETIME OF "writing" WILL BE OF LESS VALUE THAN THAT OF THE AVERAGE NICHE GAMING FORUM POSTER.
Finally, he referenced the public's perception of the military as "cool."

Unfortunately WE WILL NEVER BE RID OF WAR. Whose interpretation does that sound like? Mine or yours? Yes, he attributes this to "delusions" here, but in another interview (one you linked but clearly didn't use as more than an affirmation of what you already believe) he refers to war as fuelled by subjective and conflicting notions of "justice". You can say that this is a negative view of war if you like, you can call this "anti-war", but again, what does that mean? If you acknowledge that war is a part of us what does it mean to be "anti-war"? It's like being "anti-sad". It's completely fucking retarded. THINK YOU DUMB BASTARD.

This is from Soranews.
―What’s your reason behind depicting the war from both sides in the Gundam series? Also, did you ask people who have experience about war for the production?

T: Those who grew up in the 1960s have at least a minimal understanding of the memories retained by Japanese people about the war that happened 20 years ago. Besides that, I was able to observe what could be called military history. Those were my basic resources.

At the time, most war accounts were from the viewpoint of one side. However, when you think about how a battlefield is made up of a few hundred or a few hundred thousand people amassing on each side, if it weren’t for both sides standing up for their justice, such a thing as a battlefield probably wouldn’t even come into existence.

Since most of these stories were written from one standpoint, I felt it would be nice to have a story showing both sides from an overhead angle. And after that it was making the TV series a long one, even though it’s a robot anime. I supposed the war setting would provide a lot of material to depict for both sides, and in Gundam, I aimed to create a story capturing both allies and enemies.

Especially since anime is something people usually watch at a younger age, if you only tell about the principles and the position of one side, you will inevitably end up influencing their thoughts in a sense. This had me concerned, which was the other reason I put great care into looking at the situation—war—from a high angle.
And then
―Are there anti-war sentiments in the first generation Mobile Suit Gundam, where you acted as supervising director?

T: Of course. Absolutely true.
Now, idiots like you will run off with that one line, and proudly proclaim that the work IS "anti-war", but again, what the fuck does that mean? Especially in light of everything else that he's saying in interviews? I know what retarded westerners think when they hear "anti-war", they're running on an outdated marxist notion that war is a kind of collective insanity which will be cured by collective social therapy and justice. And Tomino is old, so fucking old that he came from a time when Marxism was actually believed as a plausible interpretation of history, not just adopted as a pseudo-intellectual affectation by transsexuals.

But Tomino, and his host, do not say what is meant by this. I think coded into this question and its curt response is a tacit realisation that the thought doesn't mean anything. It can't go anywhere. He effectively just asked "are there bad things associated with war in Gundam?" which a child could answer for him. Yes, people die and suffer. War brings bad things. What of it? "Anti-war sentiments". What is an anti-war sentiment and what does that mean? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? I AM JUST ASKING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER BECAUSE YOUR REPLY TO MY FIRST POST WAS ONE OF THE MOST OFFENSIVELY DUMB AND ARROGANT THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Okay, next piece, from Inverse. This is really where I became sure that my reply would have to be full of mean words. Are you aware that this piece doesn't even put up a pretense of speaking for Tomino? What you linked me is a glorified myanimelist review by some faggot named Rafael Motomayer in which he just spews his retarded western jew-programmed communist projected image of what Gundam is into the nobodycares trash-journalism sphere for 500 words. Another waste of oxygen.

Think about the piece of this you linked. How is there any authority to it? Why should I care? How does this convince me? It's literally just some faggot's opinion on a zero-prestige toilet paper e-rag. WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU LINKED THIS? IT SEEMS OBVIOUS TO ME THAT IF YOU WERE CAPABLE OF LINKING THIS YOU WEREN'T THINKING AT ALL. IF YOU DON'T RESPECT ME I'M NOT GOING TO RESPECT YOU.

DO YOU THINK HITLER WAS NOT AWARE THAT WAR HAS A "human cost"? Tomino clearly wants Gundam to be MANY THINGS. You are the one who WANTS it to be something, and you are the one who has the LIMITED understanding for that. If you watch an entire Gundam series and all you have to say is "anti-war" you might as well not have watched it all. The ZOGbeam has scrambled you. You look at anything with a gun and your programming kicks in, all you have to say afterward is "that was a good anti-war piece. It showed me the human cost of war. It made me think a lot about the individuals who get caught in between." Everything you say about Gundam could be about basically anything. All you seem to be able to process are basic plot beats (who is killing or fucking who) and none of it means anything, in that part of your appreciation you just throw down this giant synthetic slab of "anti-war".

You are MEDIA ILLITERATE. FUCK YOU. THIS REPLY IS MORE THAN YOU DESERVE.
Brandon
46th President of The United States

Post by Brandon »

Boy got scrambled.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

anthony wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:29 am

You fucking pig. This is such an awful, lazy, self-serving, complacent post. I ought to spit on you. I am genuinely disgusted and mad at the internet.

Did you even notice that almost EVERY SINGLE PIECE LINKED is NOT AN INTERVIEW WITH TOMINO? They are instead COMMENTARIES ON INTERVIEWS BY RETARDED FAGGOT BAIZUO LIKE YOURSELF, OR NOT EVEN THAT, LISTICLE-TIER 300 WORD "COMMENTARIES" ON GUNDAM AS AN ANTI-WAR WORK IN WHICH ALL THEY SAY IS "GUNDAM IS AN ANTI-WAR WORK". THIS IS HOW MEDIA ILLITERACY WORKS. THIS IS HOW WORKS GET COMPLETELY BACKWARD REPUTATIONS IN THE MASS MIND. YOU ARE ALL SO SURE OF YOURSELVES AND IT RESTS ON FUCKING NOTHING.

Why don't we work through this. Starting with the "alltheanime" guy. Is it an "anti-war" work? That's simultaneously a meaningless and loaded question. You didn't address the key substance of my post, which was asking what the fuck that means. Instead you just repeated it like a dumb animal (you pig fuck).

Is it an anti-war work? Even if we have an "unequivocal yes" according to an extremely conceptually overloaded westerner's recap of a conversation he apparently refuses to transcribe, what does that mean? What is an anti-war work? Can your pig-fuck brain explain that in a sentence which does not contain the term "anti-war"? Can you understand why I am asking you this?

Next one, you send me a less than 400 words recap of an interview WHICH IS ENTIRELY TRANSLATED AND LINKED WITHIN THIS POINTLESS "PIECE" BECAUSE YOU ARE MORE INTERESTED IN DRAWING YOUR AUTHORITY FROM OTHER RETARDED NON JAPANESE WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH GUNDAM LOOKING AT IT FROM OUTSIDE THAN TOMINO HIMSELF. EVERYTHING YOU HAVE LINKED ME IS OTHER PEOPLE INTERPRETING TOMINO (even when it's his words, if you can't understand how that works you really are a PIG FUCK).

Hey piggy, I actually looked at the full piece and look at the FULL QUOTE which this DUMB RANCID CUNT cropped for her own super valuable and not pointless "piece". She is totally a real journalist and not a RETARDED WHORE WHOSE LIFETIME OF "writing" WILL BE OF LESS VALUE THAN THAT OF THE AVERAGE NICHE GAMING FORUM POSTER.

Unfortunately WE WILL NEVER BE RID OF WAR. Whose interpretation does that sound like? Mine or yours? Yes, he attributes this to "delusions" here, but in another interview (one you linked but clearly didn't use as more than an affirmation of what you already believe) he refers to war as fuelled by subjective and conflicting notions of "justice". You can say that this is a negative view of war if you like, you can call this "anti-war", but again, what does that mean? If you acknowledge that war is a part of us what does it mean to be "anti-war"? It's like being "anti-sad". It's completely fucking retarded. THINK YOU DUMB BASTARD.

This is from Soranews.
―What’s your reason behind depicting the war from both sides in the Gundam series? Also, did you ask people who have experience about war for the production?

T: Those who grew up in the 1960s have at least a minimal understanding of the memories retained by Japanese people about the war that happened 20 years ago. Besides that, I was able to observe what could be called military history. Those were my basic resources.

At the time, most war accounts were from the viewpoint of one side. However, when you think about how a battlefield is made up of a few hundred or a few hundred thousand people amassing on each side, if it weren’t for both sides standing up for their justice, such a thing as a battlefield probably wouldn’t even come into existence.

Since most of these stories were written from one standpoint, I felt it would be nice to have a story showing both sides from an overhead angle. And after that it was making the TV series a long one, even though it’s a robot anime. I supposed the war setting would provide a lot of material to depict for both sides, and in Gundam, I aimed to create a story capturing both allies and enemies.

Especially since anime is something people usually watch at a younger age, if you only tell about the principles and the position of one side, you will inevitably end up influencing their thoughts in a sense. This had me concerned, which was the other reason I put great care into looking at the situation—war—from a high angle.
And then
―Are there anti-war sentiments in the first generation Mobile Suit Gundam, where you acted as supervising director?

Now, idiots like you will run off with that one line, and proudly proclaim that the work IS "anti-war", but again, what the fuck does that mean? Especially in light of everything else that he's saying in interviews? I know what retarded westerners think when they hear "anti-war", they're running on an outdated marxist notion that war is a kind of collective insanity which will be cured by collective social therapy and justice. And Tomino is old, so fucking old that he came from a time when Marxism was actually believed as a plausible interpretation of history, not just adopted as a pseudo-intellectual affectation by transsexuals.

But Tomino, and his host, do not say what is meant by this. I think coded into this question and its curt response is a tacit realisation that the thought doesn't mean anything. It can't go anywhere. He effectively just asked "are there bad things associated with war in Gundam?" which a child could answer for him. Yes, people die and suffer. War brings bad things. What of it? "Anti-war sentiments". What is an anti-war sentiment and what does that mean? WHAT ARE YOU SAYING? I AM JUST ASKING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER BECAUSE YOUR REPLY TO MY FIRST POST WAS ONE OF THE MOST OFFENSIVELY DUMB AND ARROGANT THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN.

Okay, next piece, from Inverse. This is really where I became sure that my reply would have to be full of mean words. Are you aware that this piece doesn't even put up a pretense of speaking for Tomino? What you linked me is a glorified myanimelist review by some faggot named Rafael Motomayer in which he just spews his retarded western jew-programmed communist projected image of what Gundam is into the nobodycares trash-journalism sphere for 500 words. Another waste of oxygen.

Think about the piece of this you linked. How is there any authority to it? Why should I care? How does this convince me? It's literally just some faggot's opinion on a zero-prestige toilet paper e-rag. WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU LINKED THIS? IT SEEMS OBVIOUS TO ME THAT IF YOU WERE CAPABLE OF LINKING THIS YOU WEREN'T THINKING AT ALL. IF YOU DON'T RESPECT ME I'M NOT GOING TO RESPECT YOU.

DO YOU THINK HITLER WAS NOT AWARE THAT WAR HAS A "human cost"? Tomino clearly wants Gundam to be MANY THINGS. You are the one who WANTS it to be something, and you are the one who has the LIMITED understanding for that. If you watch an entire Gundam series and all you have to say is "anti-war" you might as well not have watched it all. The ZOGbeam has scrambled you. You look at anything with a gun and your programming kicks in, all you have to say afterward is "that was a good anti-war piece. It showed me the human cost of war. It made me think a lot about the individuals who get caught in between." Everything you say about Gundam could be about basically anything. All you seem to be able to process are basic plot beats (who is killing or fucking who) and none of it means anything, in that part of your appreciation you just throw down this giant synthetic slab of "anti-war".

All of those except one were quotes and interviews with Tomino. You're psychotic response makes it clear thats its a waste of time trying to explain anything to you, though. LOL!
Laugh at the Moon
Duplicator Smile

Post by Laugh at the Moon »

Krizzx wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:31 pm All of those except one were quotes and interviews with Tomino. You're psychotic response makes it clear thats its a waste of time trying to explain anything to you, though. LOL!
This is so typical. Somebody is unable or unwilling to address the substance of what somebody said so they resort to calling them a psycho or schizo.
Pathetic. Rather a poor showing from you here Krizzx.
gabriel
Heaven Smile

Post by gabriel »

Krizzx wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:31 pm
anthony wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:29 am

This is from Soranews.

And then

All of those except one were quotes and interviews with Tomino. You're psychotic response makes it clear thats its a waste of time trying to explain anything to you, though. LOL!
I think what he's trying to argue is that the "anti-war" motif is almost implied in any kind of war story since war naturally leads to loss of life, tragedy etc. going as far back as the illyad, and that reducing the piece to "anti-war, toxic masculinity" is a disservice to everything else tomino was trying to say
Psalm 119:71
Laugh at the Moon
Duplicator Smile

Post by Laugh at the Moon »

gabriel wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:57 pm I think what he's trying to argue is that the "anti-war" motif is almost implied in any kind of war story since war naturally leads to loss of life, tragedy etc. going as far back as the illyad, and that reducing the piece to "anti-war, toxic masculinity" is a disservice to everything else tomino was trying to say
This is obvious and a good deal less important than what is now the main topic of this thread:
Anthony wrote:YOU ARE MORE INTERESTED IN DRAWING YOUR AUTHORITY FROM OTHER RETARDED NON JAPANESE WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH GUNDAM LOOKING AT IT FROM OUTSIDE THAN TOMINO HIMSELF. EVERYTHING YOU HAVE LINKED ME IS OTHER PEOPLE INTERPRETING TOMINO (even when it's his words, if you can't understand how that works you really are a PIG FUCK).
Why derail?