"Inclusivity is an ongoing education for everyone, and nothing is set in stone." - Tim Schafer
Fun fact: God of War is on sale right now, but the SJWs are trying to stop it!

Moderators: WhereGamingDies, Airport51

sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Re: Saints Row GENTRIFIED

Post by sudaca »

I'm very sorry to interrupt this amazing thread but can this be immortalized somehow in some form, please archive this it's amazing. I've barely played saints row but this thread is sick
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
conoroberstirner

Re: Saints Row GENTRIFIED

Post by conoroberstirner »

I've been noticing some discussions around the term "gentrification" and the representation of diverse characters in games like Saints Row. I thought it might be beneficial to share some perspectives on these topics.

1. Gentrification Clarification:

It's great that we're talking about issues like gentrification, but it's crucial to use the term accurately. Gentrification specifically refers to the process of urban renewal, often involving wealthier individuals moving into a lower-income neighborhood, which can result in cultural shifts and the displacement of existing residents.

Misusing the term can downplay the real challenges faced by marginalized communities. Let's be mindful of how we use "gentrification" to ensure a more accurate and nuanced discussion.

2. Representation in Games:

There seems to be the incorrect assumption being spread that better representation is a result of a political agenda. I'd like to offer an alternative perspective: the inclusion of diverse characters in games is a reflection of the evolving nature of our society. It's not necessarily a political statement but a response to the demand for more inclusive and representative content.

As our society becomes more diverse, it's only natural that media, including video games, adapts to reflect these changes. This isn't pushing an agenda but responding to the desire for a broader and more relatable gaming experience.

Hope this helps, OP. I'm always down to discuss whatever.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:33 pm.