Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

AngelheadedHipster
Spiral Smile

Re: Hotel Barcelona is real (Trailer)

Post by AngelheadedHipster »

Is it heresy to say I don't really care much for Swery? I liked Deadly Premonition too, but almost everything I liked about it was taken directly from Twin Peaks. I've played Missing J.J. Macfield and D4, DP2 and Good Life and none of them have very much going for them. Guess there's an audience for his particular brand of games that look and play like mid budget PS2 titles but I'm pretty sure Deadly Premonition was a fluke.
cj_iwakura
Camellia Smile

Post by cj_iwakura »

He's a decent-good writer with some fun ideas, but he sorely needs to let someone else handle direction/gameplay.
Meru
Bombhead Smile

Post by Meru »

AngelheadedHipster wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:35 am Is it heresy to say I don't really care much for Swery? I liked Deadly Premonition too, but almost everything I liked about it was taken directly from Twin Peaks. I've played Missing J.J. Macfield and D4, DP2 and Good Life and none of them have very much going for them. Guess there's an audience for his particular brand of games that look and play like mid budget PS2 titles but I'm pretty sure Deadly Premonition was a fluke.
I wouldn't call it heresy (if anything its very orthodox), but if there's a medal with Barack Obama's face on it then you definitely deserve it for this post, as unfair as that might be to all the other identical faggots to you with these exact same opinions.

Deadly Premonition is a video game, retard. If you don't like it for being a video game, then you're incorrect when you say you like it. It's a nice simulation of a town you move around in, with details and clues related to the story, which can be examined outside of the progression of the script (D4 is somewhat like this too). No other game since has met this harmony of writing and "gameplay". What were the things "taken directly" from Twin Peaks (another thing I'd bet you misappreciate completely) which you liked exactly? Do you not know how art works? (You don't). I'm going to ejaculate on a page of Ulrike Meinhofs writing for every example you give that helps me fill out this bingo card.

Flukes don't happen. Lower life just loves to attribute great achievements to flukes, or to some committee reining in superior men. 65 attempting to cater to your tastes is what results in shit like the worse aspects of The Missing, the DP2 tranny fiasco, the bloated and unfinished state of The Bad Life.
We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it.
AngelheadedHipster
Spiral Smile

Post by AngelheadedHipster »

Meru wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:00 pm
AngelheadedHipster wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:35 am Is it heresy to say I don't really care much for Swery? I liked Deadly Premonition too, but almost everything I liked about it was taken directly from Twin Peaks. I've played Missing J.J. Macfield and D4, DP2 and Good Life and none of them have very much going for them. Guess there's an audience for his particular brand of games that look and play like mid budget PS2 titles but I'm pretty sure Deadly Premonition was a fluke.
I wouldn't call it heresy (if anything its very orthodox), but if there's a medal with Barack Obama's face on it then you definitely deserve it for this post, as unfair as that might be to all the other identical faggots to you with these exact same opinions.

Deadly Premonition is a video game, retard. If you don't like it for being a video game, then you're incorrect when you say you like it. It's a nice simulation of a town you move around in, with details and clues related to the story, which can be examined outside of the progression of the script (D4 is somewhat like this too). No other game since has met this harmony of writing and "gameplay". What were the things "taken directly" from Twin Peaks (another thing I'd bet you misappreciate completely) which you liked exactly? Do you not know how art works? (You don't). I'm going to ejaculate on a page of Ulrike Meinhofs writing for every example you give that helps me fill out this bingo card.

Flukes don't happen. Lower life just loves to attribute great achievements to flukes, or to some committee reining in superior men. 65 attempting to cater to your tastes is what results in shit like the worse aspects of The Missing, the DP2 tranny fiasco, the bloated and unfinished state of The Bad Life.
Did I hit a nerve or something? DP took the basic premise of Twin Peaks (Eccentric but lovable federal agent investigates murder of a high school girl in northwestern lumbering town and learns about its denizens secrets as well as the supernatural forces working in the background) and did an alright job translating them to gameplay mechanics. You drive around a town that still feels scenic, despite low budget visuals. You have fun conversations with mostly interesting characters. Once in a while there's a functional action sequence. There's a good amount of side content that ties into the plot and characters. I like the game because it's a good game and the fact that it's an homage to a television series I like is one aspect of it.

I have not clue why you blame my taste for his later games turning out the way they did. It's his taste that made him double down on hipster ass movie references and corny self aware humor while both gameplay and writing have declined massively. Now there's a trailer for Hotel Barcelona and what is it all about? More fucking movie references. He obviously has the capacity to make unique and interesting games, doesn't change that most of his recent ones aren't. "Catering to my tastes" my ass.
Deep
Spiral Smile

Post by Deep »

dp1 is the only good game sweary ever made.
kill the past
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

I thought D4 was pretty good. Its a shame Swery had a breakdown and never finished it.
Rake
MPD-Psycho
Preferred pronouns: Heaven/Smile

Re: Cafe SWERY65

Post by Rake »

[I've merged the Hotel Barcelona thread and discussion here since you fucking ding-dongs aren't using the damn SWERY65 thread to discuss motherfucking SWERY65.]
ImageImageImage
Rake
MPD-Psycho
Preferred pronouns: Heaven/Smile

Post by Rake »

ArhumMK51 wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:36 am [...] Looks like The Missing, if it was actually good.
My thoughts exactly— looks a lot like The MISSING without the tranny POZ. /furcry

Though I actually liked the idea of The MISSING a lot (in theory, it's not that fun to play)— based on my misinterpretation (but they lead you into it) of it as a yuri manga (good part) in the form of a horror-puzzle-platformer (not so good part).
I'm about 99.999% certain that's how that idea started, and the tranny shit was brought in later due to "social media" (re: ZOGmerican goylem) influence— a lot of people want to insist 65 is a "FAGGOT" /rainbow or some stupid shit and this couldn't be further from the truth (he's fucking married). He's just a liberal—an actual liberal, as in someone who likes to pick up the broken pieces of humanity. /hug

Last month I was drinking liquor out of the top half of a human skull at Skinwalker Ranch with this COO X'r lib and Thomas777. /hero It didn't really bother him that Thomas is a "bad guy" (neo-Nazi), because like 65 he too is an ACTUAL liberal— who understands the spectrum of humanity is a fucking MESS and finds this interesting. /flamewin

Anyway, the reason 65 is fucked up isn't even because of kikes directly (but they never really do anything directly, right?)— it's because of white American trannoids and South Americans that LARP as white American trannoids because they see them as high status in our stupid faggot fucktard ZOGmerican culture~HaHA! /lol

If any of you guys want people to blame for this shit, blame the hicklib POZ-eaters on Twitter that whisper lies into 65's ears.
He's a nice guy, y'know? If you tell him some ridiculous shit about "American cops killing transfolx", well fuck, HE isn't here, so if he trusts you then he'll TRUST YOU.
The reason Red Seeds Profile and D4 are good is because SWERY65 is a westaboo like SUDA51, Hideous Kojima, or anyone else this forum is centered around (TopDrunkee) and the reason his post-Access games work is not as good, is actually for the same reason!
The issue is, as the west gets gayer and more retarded, nice old Japs like 65 aren't gonna jump ship— they're gonna try to ride it out with the Americans they love and take their word as gospel. /goyslop

Basically what I'm saying is, if you want this shit to stop: LEARN /pika NIHONGO /goyslop AND GET INTO THE IMPORT/EXPORT RACKET. /spooky
cj_iwakura wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:36 pm Ehhh... I'm pretty disappointed, I expected it to be an action/survival horror game a la Killer7 paired with Evil Within(but good), not a The Missing clone.
I think we'd all like that— but remember that Capcom published killer7, and Bethesda published Psycho Break.
65 needs CASH MONEY, BABY if he's gonna go back to Access standards. /pimp
Meru wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:05 pm [...] It's a combat game where you hit things and make life bars go down, which sucks. I don't like that there's "levels" based on X or Y movie. I don't like the whole idea. It looks like a waste of this collaboration. If any prior works come to mind, it would be Let it Die. [...]
It reminds me a little of Killer is Dead too, but yeah, looks boring as fuck to play. What I'd say in its defense is the same as I would for the Shadows of the Dumbed remaster(bation)— it's 51 and 65 taking steps backward into something closer to the '80s - '00s gore OVA shit they both like.
For 65, as he is kind of petty (though not at all in this case), I imagine all the tranny criticism of RSP2 got on his nerves and made him want to do something more outwardly masculine:

Seriously, look this FAGGOT! /rainbow

And Thor too, what a fucking retard! /hurr No matter how much 65 bends over backwards for these STD ridden cocksuckers, they just continue projecting their self-hatred onto him.
It's why you should NEVER let these dipshits hold any influence over anything— not just 'cause they're libtards, but because they're conservatards too!
All these Twitter trannies hold completely BORING conservative views on gaming, that's why they're obsessed with "retro" and "nostalgia" they don't want anything to MOVE FORWARD despite their claims of being "progressives"— the only thing they want progress on is chemical castration of themselves and other people's kids~HaHA! /furcry

Somebody needs to go to England, link up with Combat 18, and beat this shemale monster to death with a hammer n' rob whatever NGO is paying his bills to fund 65 so he doesn't have to deal with these faggots anymore— or make shit that feels like fucking Xbox Live Arcade games from 2006.

Meru wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:05 pm [...] Needless to say, I will definitely be paypigging it, but probably won't play. If you're on this forum you should give 65 and 51 money whenever there is an opportunity.
My thoughts exactly. I'll probably buy it and watch Xed stream it or some shit, since he actually plays videogames.
AngelheadedHipster wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:35 am Is it heresy to say I don't really care much for Swery? I liked Deadly Premonition too, but almost everything I liked about it was taken directly from Twin Peaks. [...]
I don't really understand your point. Red Seeds Profile is fairly different from Twin Peaks.
Yeah, obviously it's a direct homage (to one of the single most famous television shows ever made, just like 90% of all Japanese videogames made in the '90s - '00s, and even some now), but you can't run over giant dogs at night with a fucked up car in Twin Peaks— since it's not a fucking videogame~HaHA!
But I think it's stupid to say it's purely derivative of Twin Peaks, since again, it's not working in the same medium. It's using "Twin Peaks" (an idea of the United States) as a vehicle for a foreigner to render an interactive 'story' (world/etc.) about a country he's not from— you have to remember, David Lynch's interpretation of America is LAW to the Japanese, 51 (and most of the guys we talk about) works off of him exactly the same, just more mixed up 'cause he thinks differently than 65, and is ultimately the stronger artist.
AngelheadedHipster wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:35 am [...] I've played Missing J.J. Macfield and D4, DP2 and Good Life and none of them have very much going for them. Guess there's an audience for his particular brand of games that look and play like mid budget PS2 titles but I'm pretty sure Deadly Premonition was a fluke.
This I also don't understand, D4 should not be compared to the projects afterwards, because it was done with the prior production standards as RSP.
What exactly did you not like about it? I hear people complain about D4 and group it with all his post-Access games as you are, but I've NEVAR heard anyone say WHY they don't like it. Deep echos the same thing you said, which as far as I can tell is just fucking game reviewer brain-microwaving, since he doesn't give a reason either.
Is it because it's not finished? Neither is killer7, and it's still one of the best games ever made. Obviously, I wish D4 was finished, since I think it's fantastic— but it's still miles ahead of 99.999% of "finished" games we've seen coming out in the last 10+ years.

RSP2 I haven't played (but I did go out to GaemSlop for the first time in over a decade and buy a copy to register the sale).

The MISSING I played— the A/V is good, good aesthetics, and I was particularly impressed by how he was able to capture and stylize Zoomie social media ShartPhone life (stylized memes with actual color coordination), but yeah, not a very good game overall.
As CJ said, 65 should really stick to visual novels as a base— "gameplay" is not really his forte, though I enjoyed how RSP and D4 worked, and I think he can definitely make actual "games" (as in, fully interactive systems with movement n' shit) if he has oversight.

The Bad Life is seriously fucking unfinished, I KikeStarted that shit with no regrets (I would've paid the maximum amount for the trip to Japan and to put TopDrunkee in the game as an NPC if I could've afforded it), but man it is NOT DONE to a BAD degree. I can see a skeleton version of something that would've actually been great— a SWERY65 version of Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (mixed with an Illusion style fetish simulator. Seriously, if I'm going to spend half the fucking game pissing, why can't I do it as Naomi in a dog collar?) but 65 and 51 have the same problem, which is needing upper management assistance.
The reason killer7 got finished is because of Mikami, even if it's entirely 51's work. 65 is especially childlike, which is his gift/curse— he is a good artist BECAUSE he is so childish, but he's a bad MANAGER because of it. He needs someone who can silently work over him to take care of the "adult stuff" so he can do whatever (which is what Access did for him)— y'know, the same shit all artists need. 65 should not have to deal with the petty grinding aspects of finance or even running a business, as it's not what he's for.
Meru wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:00 pm I wouldn't call it heresy (if anything its very orthodox), but if there's a medal with Barack Obama's face on it then you definitely deserve it for this post, as unfair as that might be to all the other identical faggots to you with these exact same opinions. [...]
Cut Angel some slack, isn't he German? I think reading my posts is equivalent to a prison sentence in his country~HaHA! I'll give him some points for bravery on that. /hero
Meru wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:00 pm [...] Flukes don't happen. Lower life just loves to attribute great achievements to flukes, or to some committee reining in superior men. 65 attempting to cater to your tastes is what results in shit like the worse aspects of The Missing, the DP2 tranny fiasco, the bloated and unfinished state of The Bad Life.
Yeah, I agree with Meru's point here— WTF is a "fluke"? Red Seeds Profile didn't fall out of the fucking sky, it was made by 65 (over an unusually long development period, due to various internal issues dragging out production), and aspects of it can be seen throughout even his worst work.
As I said previously, 65's "success" (as we're defining it) came from Access being a structural backbone to his artistic pursuits.
Angel should look into game design more and realize the amount of TIME and MONEY it takes to build something as elaborate as Red Seeds Profile and understand that what White Owls is missing is exactly that.
Krizzx wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 2:43 pm I thought D4 was pretty good. Its a shame Swery had a breakdown and never finished it.
Based Krizzx defending D4. In his defense, he was having unknown (to him, at the time) medical issues.
ImageImageImage
Deep
Spiral Smile

Post by Deep »

D4 being wierd for the sake of being wierd.
Nothing is really captivating in the story or surroundings.
Awkward controls and camera work can be cumbersome to get used to.
Original Kinect gameplay doesn't translate well for kbm, or i dunno what they were smoking there.
I gave D4 two fair tries and both times I was yawning like a dog after slow breakfast.
Which is really a shame, cuz i wanna like the game, but no.
As to quote a song: THERE IS NOTHING FOR ME HERE

Many exquisite posers tend to claim these type of games """arthouse"""" ""avangarde"" jus because gameplay is shit, but form is so perfect.
Well, sucks to be you, i play games for the gameplay (unless its a book novel in exe format), and if i need to suffer 95 hours to get to the good part-
man da fuck with that shit, i have better ways to waste my time.
kill the past
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

did Swery ever speak of D or D2 about D4, or Kenji Eno
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation