Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Re: Armored Core is back, baby!

Post by Krizzx »

Iwazaru wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 4:54 pm
Krizzx wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 12:45 am I'm not getting my hopes up. I doubt it will be a bad games, but it will be no return to form for Armored Core. ie, No mech mercenary simulation.

I'm more looking forward to the Elden Ring expansion
Guess you were right.

+ see AMA with FromCheng.

Still, everyone will play it /tardrave
Now there is no denying it. This is straight up Armored Souls. There is no Amore Core here outside of the mech design. Its has fucking energy sword combos and knockback... Well, at least is problem won't be as bad as V, but I still expect it to be inferior to the OGs.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

>fucking energy sword combos

Tbh this already was in Another Century's Epidose games by FromSoftware, also I would say that melee combo were never much a "souls" thing overall. On the other hand, people confirmed there will be something similar to estus flask in AC6, so called "repair kits"... but it also might mean we will get longer missions with checkpoints in between (which was already done in AC5 story mode).

I would say that currently the most debated thing is what AC6 changes with lock-on.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarde ... ides-fans/
However, the issue here is that instead of updating the old system, they have seemingly swapped it out entirely and just added in a very standard orbit lock setup.

To explain, one of the aspects that made Armored Core compelling was the freedom of movement and targeting. You controlled and were responsible for maintaining a lock on your enemy in a pretty manual way.

An orbit lock removes both the freedom and agency of the player, in favor of simplifying the controls for most players. I get why the decision was made, but I was hoping for something a bit more nuanced and thoughtful.

Anyway, I would like to say that i'm getting Zone of Enders vibes from what I've seen. Also I would say that "mechanical design" isn't really armored core style here if we talk about enemies (sure, player mecha DOES look armored core enough) - e.g. those transforming drones reminded me of Star Wars Episode One, and that "volcano furnace" boss is kinda cringe.
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Another new trailer(showing mostly the same stuff, just long). This legit just looks like someone fused Zone of the Ender with Sekiro or Bloodborne. You can even "kick" the mech.

If someone told me this was made by Platinum games, I would have believed them. Its like there is no regular boost anymore. Just permanent overboost and quickdodges that defy physics. The first area and even the boss at the end look like something out of Nier Automata.

2:50 to 3:20 says it all.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

>Zone of the Enders

I agree.

> You can even "kick" the mech.

Nah, that stuff kinda already was in AC5/VD with Boost Charge attack, the power of which was dependant on speed, "leg" part type and overall weight.

>permanent overboost and quickdodges

That's basically Armored Core: For Answer

>looks like something out of Nier Automata

I agree

Another thing that bothers me that you haven't pointed at is the difference in "damage" approach. From this video it looks like, at least with boss fights, they are taking an approach from action-RPG games where boss have 20x times more health than player but can kill you in 3 shots so you have to "no damage" evade it like in character action games or, d'oh, souls-like titles as well.

Meanwhile me personally always enjoyed that at least in traditional Armored Core games (PS1/PS2 releases) you didn't really have a "bosses", but more like "a worthy rivals" that are pretty much comparable to what you are using (though there were some exceptions to that). Even Nineball or Zinaida. And, what's more important, there was philosophy that you will be damaged no matter what. So it was kinda racing of who dies slower. I think this nuance was one of more uniques sides of Armored Core series, and it might now be pretty much abandoned with AC6, perhaps.
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Damn, as dark as usual.

Human Plus anyone?
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Looks like AC5's world. Grey and grimey.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

More stuff.

Arms forts pretty much confirmed.

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

The boss system looks gimmicky. Instead of its being a fight against equally capable ACs like in the past, its seems that the boss fights are going to all be about "breaking" the guard or barrier and then doing strong attacks against them while they are in a broken state. Like a typical action game. Plus soulslike quick dodging big damage attacks.

Not feeling the guy constantly being in your ear on the radio either. I preferred when it was just the computer A.I. giving you prompts and warnings.

This one is definitely way less mech sim and way more action game.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

New Armored Souls trailer.