Lil' Kim - Suck My Dick "PERSONA 4 Striptease" Hiphop mix
33 of 9 3+3=6 Flesh of man 6 9 the Secular finality of Godhead

Moderators: KrazyKillerKlown, IcyCalm

Iwazaru
qishmish

Anyone remembers that hentai game from ex-Atlus dev?

Post by Iwazaru »

I remember that one of original Megami Tensei developers made a 18+ game sometime around 2000s.
Anyobdy remembers how it was called?
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Solvovir
Heaven Smile

Re: Anyone remembers that hentai game from ex-Atlus dev?

Post by Solvovir »

I believe you're talking about Shinsei Mokushiroku: Death March. It's an eroge based on a TRPG written by Suzuki Kazunari who also helped to write the NES/SNES MegaTen games back then. Apparently the tabletop RPG is literally just Shin Megami Tensei with a name swap and this eroge from what I can tell follows suit (the heroes use demonic swords rather than summoning demons themselves I think, but yeah).
Unfortunately I just told you everything I know about it. It's in Japanese only and there'll probably never be enough interest for an English version official or otherwise, so finding any information about it or even people who have played it is difficult for me.
"Harman, the size of the world has changed. It's changed to the size where you can control it with your hands just like a PDA. The world will... keep getting smaller..."
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

So P3 came out from this after the normonoids hated nocturne on release date?
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
player1
Spiral Smile

Post by player1 »

redacted wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 3:05 am So P3 came out from this after the normonoids hated nocturne on release date?
P3 was a cope of fatlus after realising that good jrpgs aren't suitable for modern gaymers after the failure of both Nocturne and DDS. This is why P3 features death so heavily. They were coping trying to appeal to the masses and otaku loved it. Which is ironic cause the themes of death in the end reflected the state fatlus were in - dead. After that they just became empty shells of what they used to be. Akin to victims of the apathy syndrom from P3.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Solvovir wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:07 pm I believe you're talking about Shinsei Mokushiroku: Death March.
Thanks for suggestion, I will try to check that.
I can't confirm if it was that or not yet, though I remember that game in question had plenty of horror or even gore undertones (like enemies being zombies with guts out, and stuff like that) and not just "happy eroge".

On a side note, I'd like to note how there is still a great number of interesting (or somewhat, at least) Japanese-only titles that are highly unlikely (tm) to get any localization (regardlsess, official or fanmade) so player have to learn the language (d'oh) or use realtime autotranslate tools (eeew).

Some examples would be...

Nijuuei (Shadow and Shadow)

Nijuuei takes place in medieval Japan. The protagonist of the story is a samurai named Sogen who suffers from a split personality. One fine day, some strange creature settled in the body of a samurai - since then, Sogen has been tormented by voices in his head and terrible visions. And sometimes it seems to him that someone's face is trying to escape right from his chest. In addition, Sogen began to notice that he had a second shadow. How to get rid of this curse? The search for an answer to this question leads Sogen to the small island of Awashima - but it would be better if he did not come there. After the arrival of Sogen, inexplicable events begin to happen on the island...

Nijuuei manages to combine absolutely incompatible things: samurai themes, psychological horror, kawaii anime girls with bunny ears, grotesque monsters, hentai scenes, Japanese mythology, bloody murders and other kosher things. The picture is completed by no less schizophrenic musical accompaniment, combining traditional Japanese music, trip-hop, ambient, brutal horror noise (in the style of early Akira Yamaoka) and some wild acid trance. All in all, an absolutely crazy game.

Or the entire saga of Project Repeated Scene, which is Lost Child and Abandoner (as third game was seemingly cancelled before release).
(do not confuse it with more recent Lost Child dungeon crawler game that is related to El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron).

Image Image
After disaster in 2024, seven years ago rain has never stopped in this city.

As of recent, nightly serial killings have infused fear in human hearts.
Injured by monster attack and dying student Shouji meets girl Ai who binds a contact with him and gives him power to use mighty claw in battle.

They promise each other to survive no matter what, but it might be the first step to brighter future for the humanity.
The stage is an imaginary city that resembles Italian city of the first third of the 20th century. It has been under occupation of Tristian forces for the last 30 years.

Main character Neil Fox is a former detective who now works independently and takes bounty hunter jobs. This time he is promised an outstandingly generous payment for rescuing some girl from a kidnapper and protecting her. But kidnapper turns out to be girl's guardian. The place gets ambushed by the military police. What makes this girl so important?

It got psp fighting spinoff called Project Cerberus though.

More info might be seen here http://web.archive.org/web/200406070340 ... ct-rs.com/

EDIT:

Would also add No Reality

With the violent crime outburst government established "fixer" profession that compensates for security activities. Fixers receive individual cases for investigations, but they aren't given special rights which causes constant conflicts with the police over legality of means used.

Main character Neil Fox is a fixer who used to be a detective. He has an innate special ability "ecstasy borders" to see with the eyes of the criminal upon touching a corpse. Several prostitutes are killed in a chain, and Neil is given a request to investigate it. It's yet to know that the case is going to develop in a series of terrible murders.

and maaaaybe Eien no Owari ni (because kt2)

There is a high school that will be closed down soon - one day, Keisuke transfers to that very specific school. On his first day, he visits the newspaper club, but Ryo, the club's leader, acts very coldly towards him. He soon finds out that the club has been doing nothing due to lack of club members. For some reason, the members are also very distant from each other...

He gets interested in their strange relationship and decides to join the club. After joining, the atmosphere of the club gradually changes and their new relationship is established. However, he accidentally gets to know the reason why the members used to be distant to each other. It happened just when he transferred to the school...
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Iwazaru wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:33 am
Solvovir wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:07 pm I believe you're talking about Shinsei Mokushiroku: Death March.

Would also add No Reality

With the violent crime outburst government established "fixer" profession that compensates for security activities. Fixers receive individual cases for investigations, but they aren't given special rights which causes constant conflicts with the police over legality of means used.

Main character Neil Fox is a fixer who used to be a detective. He has an innate special ability "ecstasy borders" to see with the eyes of the criminal upon touching a corpse. Several prostitutes are killed in a chain, and Neil is given a request to investigate it. It's yet to know that the case is going to develop in a series of terrible murders.

"No Reality" seems right up my alley. Takes me back to the late 90's early 2000s era where there was more variety in arti style, and games topics were less uniform.