Lil' Kim - Suck My Dick "PERSONA 4 Striptease" Hiphop mix
33 of 9 3+3=6 Flesh of man 6 9 the Secular finality of Godhead

Moderators: KrazyKillerKlown, IcyCalm

Meru
Bombhead Smile

Kaneko the fashion designer

Post by Meru »

What seems to be a neglected side of Kazuma Kaneko is the influence of fashion in his character designs, and I have personally always thought of him as a fashion illustrator foremost.
Last year, we lost three designers whose work had what I see as a clear influence on Kaneko from the mid-90s onwards. Namely; Issey Miyake, Thierry "Manfred" Mugler, and Vivienne Westwood. The silhouettes of Pleats Please, the rocking-horse shoes, bondage elements and heart motifs of Westwood, the business-militarism and striking shoulders of Mugler are all prevalent and recurring. In the case of Mugler, some of his iconic creations were even used directly, such as the famous motorcycle dress.

I wanted to ask those of you knowledgeable about the man whether he has ever discussed his fashion influences anywhere. My search efforts have been unsuccessful.
Last edited by Meru on Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it.
cj_iwakura
Camellia Smile

Re: Kaneko the fashion designer

Post by cj_iwakura »

Here you go:
https://shmuplations.com/kobayashikaneko/
Kaneko: There’s some great designers out there. Lately I’ve been into W&LT… though their designs have been getting more and more outlandish. (laughs) I’m scared to think they’re actually selling this stuff! Thierry Mugler, too… they’re all doing kind of crazy stuff these days.
Kaneko: That’s true! I like stuff like Dolce and Gabbana. I own a lot of their clothes. It’s dangerous to wear only Dolce and Gabbana though!
Meru
Bombhead Smile

Re: Kaneko the fashion designer

Post by Meru »

Wonderful! Thank you!
We see a deadly sin on every street corner, in every home, and we tolerate it.