The Man, the Myth.. The Missing? Q spoke to me, "Mr. TD is trapped in the Black Lodge. You must Kill the Past to free him."

Moderator: MagnificentTerrorism

CENSORED
BANNED

Moonlight Syndrome english translation

Post by CENSORED »

As of today the translation for Moonlight Syndrome is "finished"

Now as I wrote in the video description (which nobody will read lol) both me and the translator consider this a first draft at best so we are working on an updated version. While he reworks the text for consistency (the same words were translated differently in the two halves, some concepts carry over in the silver case and FSR so he's gonna use a congruous translation for those, so on and so forth) I'll re-record the gameplay to make the text a bit faster, use editing to show all the branching paths in one video instead of a separate one, add transitions to explain what each branch is and re-time the subtitles to separate each line of text instead of dumping them all together like I did this time (which I just did because I was lazy).
Obviously I'm gonna check for typos and other minor mistakes as well. That being said, do we have any more suggestions for what to include before I start working on it?
Deep
Spiral Smile

Re: Moonlight Syndrome english translation

Post by Deep »

Great job on finishing subtitles for these series. Now we have full-on TS 1, TS 2, MS youtube playlists for these games. Next up is pitch rom-hacking for them!
kill the past
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Deep wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:21 am Great job on finishing subtitles for these series. Now we have full-on TS 1, TS 2, MS youtube playlists for these games. Next up is pitch rom-hacking for them!
It's definitely possible (theoretically) for Twilight Syndrome since it's all text, the problem with Moonlight Syndrome and One Night Kiss is that there's no coding in the game to allow for subtitles. Neither game's cutscenes are pre-rendered except for a few so altering the video files is also off the table.
Both games would need to have code injected into them to allow for subtitles and to get them automatically timed with specific lines of dialogue (In MS audio is playing while showing static CGs so you can't even edit the CGs lol).

I think by that point a decompilation might be more likely, but I doubt anyone is interested in decompiling 90s and 2000s suda games. I know I'd love to have those two and FSR decompiled but it takes ages.

Either way, I don't think it's gonna happen hence why I'm trying to get every single line of dialogue in the videos, even the retarded NPCs in ONK. I'm not really satisfied with the current MS videos but the improved version won't take too long. It was important to have it out to even attract someone to translate it, also looking at the first draft helped us figure out a bunch of things
Deep
Spiral Smile

Post by Deep »

Xed51 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:42 amIt's definitely possible
Other solution is to just remade game somewhere on Unity from the ground up, but it's a tremendious task to ask someone. And it will def can takes ages to complete. But I guess if company aren't interested, fans gonna take over, haha.

Get assets from previous game wouldn't be a big of a deal (i think?), but to make it all work is def would.
kill the past
redrum
Duplicator Smile

Post by redrum »

you made my dream come true, xed
the story is now complete.
thank you for your service.
check out my site -
REDRUM'S DOMAIN
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

redrum wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:16 pm you made my dream come true, xed
the story is now complete.
thank you for your service.
Oh I am glad you enjoyed it but we really do think of it as a first draft, Jolovey already updated the translation for part 1 and eventually (when certain apioid niggers with no alphabet, not even numerals get the title cards ready) I'll upload a whole re-recorded, re-edited version
I almost feel bad having it released this way but it would never get done otherwise
redrum
Duplicator Smile

Post by redrum »

that's cool, i'm just glad to finally have some level of context for scenes like this
i'll be sure to check out the updates as they come along
check out my site -
REDRUM'S DOMAIN
player1
Spiral Smile

Post by player1 »

My brain doesn't work properly. I wanted to create a new thread to dump some shit I find interesting, but decided that it's better to hide it here. Who cares anyway. /af
Idk why I researched this shit, but here's some context for the time MS came out.
In Truth Files we can find this image:
First of all, the issue of stalking, according to Japanese site, became more relevant in the 90's
About 30 years have passed since the word "stalker" began to take root in Japan in the 1990s.
Some random japanese site
What's funny is the year the game came out - 1997. The things start getting juicy after we read some history from pediwikia
In Japan, stalking behavior was not covered by existing laws, and until the 1990s it was not possible to crack down due to non-intervention by the police. In the wake of the Okegawa stalker murder case (1999), in which the police did not respond to the gradual aggravation, and the act of stalking led directly to the murder, the "Act on Regulation of Stalking, etc."(2000) was enacted by lawmakers.
Thus, it seems that prior to 2000, stalking was a weird shit for sure, but nothing illegal........
I'm not even sure why am I writing this. I thought that it was something cooler in my head prior actually researching this shit. Guess it only proves that this problem was actually based on real life..... Fuck my life, seriously, what the fuck. /grave