The Man, the Myth.. The Missing? Q spoke to me, "Mr. TD is trapped in the Black Lodge. You must Kill the Past to free him."

Moderator: MagnificentTerrorism

CENSORED
BANNED

Re: Lost media(?)

Post by CENSORED »

I managed to secure the manga, I'll post pictures when I get it shipped
cake wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:50 pm
If I ever run into a build of the game obviously I'll post it, I think hoarding is gay
Is it even possible to find a phone that has a copy of that game today? Or does someone have to dumpster dive all around Japan?
I think theoretically it would be possible to install the files on an old japanese phone if anyone ever leaks them from the discord servers that hoard them, but I think that wouldn't really be condusive to any sort of real preservation since it would still be stuck on one specific device, somehow making the assets functional on modern OSs would be more interesting but again, as long as this stuff is kept private noone is ever going to be able to work on it in any functional capacity
Deep
Spiral Smile

Re: Lost media(?)

Post by Deep »

cake wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:50 pmIs it even possible to find a phone that has a copy of that game today?
If you have few millon dollars, possible way would be to bulks of 100s phones from yahoo auctions from that time era as well as buying batteries for all of them and charges for all of them. Hoping that seller doesn't wipe off all data from the device, like they love to do with everything they sell, because "who cares?" mindset. Hitting Hardoffs personally would be another way to apporoach the task, but again, same as above plus travelling costs all across the islands. I think it's possible to find it that way.

Keep in mind that 25W was episodic thing, that needs to be all stored in one place to be played like a full-game. I have no idea how japanese network was working in 2005, so even if we find some phone that have some chapters stored, it just might be that not the full game is on one phone, because, guess what, after you beat a game, you delete it and get a new one.

Also, i've seen some footage of those old games running on more modern japanese android-looking devices, maybe you need to have old account to play those or whatever is needed to run that old crap. It's a grey area, not a lot of ppl care for it, hence no info on anything these days on the web. At least in englsh web.
kill the past