The realm of Politics, crime conspiracy theories and MAGNIFICENT TERRORISM! Is Trump still in the White House? What was on the 4th 9/11 plane? Spree shooters, serial killers and other feds, join us and find out!

Moderators: Lisker, 51anon

Rake
MPD-Psycho
Preferred pronouns: Heaven/Smile

Re: Globalised internet is a bubble to burst

Post by Rake »

I have a lot to say on this subject, but I need to collect my thoughts more. In the meantime, here's some things I've been looking at that're relevant to the discussion.

2007 Fourth Quarter Stats
Internet World Stats has published new statistics for Internet users as of December 31, 2007. According to our latest estimates the total number of Internet users in the world is 1,319,872,109, figure that corresponds to a global penetration rate of 20.0 percent.

There are now fewer than 3 billion people who remain “unconnected” to the internet
A total of 5.03 billion people around the world use the internet today – equivalent to 63.1 percent of the world's total population. Internet users continue to grow too, with the latest data indicating that the world's connected population grew by almost 180 million in the 12 months to July 2022.

(Yarvin's '70s style yellow polo in this is the most stylish thing I've seen him wear. But he needs to deal with his frizzy troon hair.)
ImageImageImage
Cat
Bombhead Smile

Post by Cat »

That's a solid look. Could even keep the hair IMO. Good direction.

I had kept my laptop disconnected from the internet for a while and I noticed something. A little message popped up where they normally attempt to show me "news".
It was a reminder to connect the laptop to the internet.
I wish I remembered the exact words because the language was quite creepy. Something like:
Microsoft wrote: Stay connected with your friends and loved ones.
So this is presumably built into the OS now. Maybe it doesn't sound that bad but something about it was really off to me.
Like it was a mistake I had made.
Am I going bananas?
"Don't be crazy.
I would never go near such a poisonous flower.
She is carnivorous. She disgusts me"
cake
Spiral Smile

Post by cake »

I probably stop watching some streamer or vtuber (yes,I watch them shame on me,I only noticed how it's a big waste of time watching them,sure I don't feel much during era of 2010 because the people who do commentary while playing games is a rare thing,now 2022 tons of them wants to be streamer or youtuber playing games.and some streaming for hours l,how someone capable to watch all the game those streamer playing? For hours,? and proceed to find another streamer who play the Same game for hours? What am I doing with my life?
It's just that information has gotten out of control with mass "literacy", mass media & the internet coupled with global trade. I remember hearing once that it took Imam Ghazali 2 years to absorb the philosophical works of his day and age. Fast forward a millenia or so and nobody would find it possible to accomplish the works of his scale. I think the best we can do in this age is to be selective of the kinds of information we absorb/interact with in a time where we have ready access to all kinds of it, preferably now since we never know when all the so-called pillars holding up the internet (e.g AWS, cloudflare, all things FAGMAN) eventually break down.

This whole thing actually reminds me of a verse from the Qur'an - 29:41 in particular, about how the frailest of all houses is the spider's house. For however many intricacies it (the spider's house/world wide web) may have, it's very easy for it to become scattered dust and in case of the w3, all of its information to come to naught.
ImageImage