You should've killed yourself when you had the chance, BITCH!!

Moderators: RecycleBitn, AdolfHitler

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Re: Fighting Games

Post by Krizzx »

Its nice to see Rugal brought back, but it feels like they are just throwing the lore of KOF out the window. Chizuru is now alive again and they even have adult Rock Howard which should be possible unless they advance the in universe timeline.

I do find it interesting that they are finally using Omega Rugal's theme form KOF 95 for once instead of yet another remix of Rugal KOF 94 theme.

I was never a big fan of his original boss theme.

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Krizzx wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:19 pm

Its nice to see Rugal brought back, but it feels like they are just throwing the lore of KOF out the window. Chizuru is now alive again and they even have adult Rock Howard which should be possible unless they advance the in universe timeline.
Didn't you play Kof XIV? Everyone was brought back to life after the final boss died. For some reason, the souls of the dead were trapped inside of his body. It has something to do with Nakoruru who time traveled to the future because of the final boss. (She better be a DLC character. Why the fuck did KOF XIV build her up as though she were one of the main protags but doesn't show up at all in XV?) It's kinda funny though coz in Samurai Shodown, she actually died and became a goddess after Samurai Shodown 2. SS2 actually happens last out of the 2d SS games.

As for Chizuru, she never died. She was just badly wounded & lost her powers, so she took on a background role ever since and only shows up during endings. She only fights when Orochi is involved. She was in KOF XIV during Kyo's ending.
I'm glad that they brought back all of the dead characters, coz I thought it was fucking retarded to keep Shermie out of the games when not only does she have a unique character design, but she also has a unique fighting style. She's like a girl version of Tekken King's Lucha Strong Style hybrid wrestling.

King of Fighters doesn't have the same timeline as Fatal Fury. They've always been separate continuities. Geese never died in the KOF setting.
[*]
Fatal Fury's continuity is:
Art of Fighting Trilogy (Happens during the 80s, during Geese Howard's rise to power. They never dated AOF3 but it appears to be the early 90s and it takes place outside of Southtown.)
Fatal Fury 1 - 3 (The entire series happens in Southtown. The 90s era of Southtown is ruled by Geese Howard.)
Real Bout Fatal Fury 1 - 2 (Geese Howard dies after Real Bout 1, but reappears as Nightmare Geese during Special, his half brother Wolfgang Krauser challenges Terry again during RB2.)
Buriki One (the last game in the timeline featuring Art of Fighting's Ryo Sakazaki, Buriki is set in 1999)
Garou Mark of the Wolves
(MotW was the last game in the timeline featuring a Terry Bogard who's in his late 30s. MOTW takes place one year after Real Bout Special. MOTW wasn't meant to be the final game. SNK just went bankrupt around this time and they didn't even get back the rights until Mohammed Bin Salmin stepped in since SNK games are popular in Saudi Arabia for some reason. That's why I get so fucking angry at virtue signaling Westerners who don't realize that the SNK games they loved wouldn't exist without that guy. He's the reason that we're getting big budget snk games now. It sure beats the Korean era of SNK.)

Some unspecified time during the 21st century:

Savage Reign
Kizuna Encounter Super Tag Battle

These two games take place in South Town during King Leo's reign.
Kim Sue Il is related to the Kaphwan family from Fatal Fury.
Isuka wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:05 pm MetalMax Xeno Reborn looks interesting. Seems all the wbs on steam don't like the changes. The removal of the story elements seems like a plus to me though.
It turns out that Metal Max Reborn game plays more like Pokemon Legends Arceus and isn't a real action game. Arceus is fun though, but it starts out really boring. It gets good once you get the Pokemon that lets you fly through the map and the other one that lets you climb up everything like BOTW.
Arceus, BOTW & Rune Factory 5 make for great companion games since each one has what the other game lacks.

I bought me Rune Factory 5. It's good, I don't really understand the bad reviews.
It's just that there's nothing new. It's just RF4 with a BOTW style camera and the graphics look like Dark Cloud 2, i mean they look exactly like a PS2 game lol. At least it looks like a good looking PS2 game. Gameplay also reminds me of Dark Cloud 2.
I would've cancelled my preorder though coz those Xseed fuckers called me a homophobe just coz I joked that they delayed the game for 9 months, didn't bother to fix the fucking frame rate, you still can't fuck milfs, but hey in the American version you can have homosexual marriage now!
They also got mad at me coz I said that including gay marriage just makes a niche game even more niche.
I dunno why, you get labeled as a bigot for just stating the truth that if homosexuals were an actual majority, then our world population wouldn't even be near as huge as it actually is. It's just basic common sense, not phobia.

I dunno why that's such a big deal for Americans. Trick question it's not, but internet faggots seem to dwell on internet 24/7 so they give off this impression to Japs that Americans are all faggots or transexual or whatever lol. https://varishangout.com/index.php?thre ... ation.768/
That forum has a more detailed account on the bullshit that Xseed did to the English localization. Xseed even forced the RF5 devs to cancel the dlc that let you date more women ayy lmao.

I didn't cancel my RF preorder (I normally disown or boycott the game if anyone involved with the game insults me. American translators are technically part of the staff.) coz Gaystop had to pull some strings to get me my copy since the two copies they had were already preordered months ago.
I would've placed the new order on Kirby which is looking badass, the final levels are set inside a Resident Evil style Bio research lab. (Ancients are implied to be humans and you hear a female's voice during the labs.)
The final bosses are some Resident Evil looking monsters. Another one is a Fetus that kinda reminds me of a giant Metroid. (Metroid & Kirby have been part of the same setting since Dreamland on SNES. Samus is basically Iron Man and Kirby is Silver Surfer lol.) It turns out that the butterfly from the Kirby series, was trying to kill Kirby this entire time but Kirby is just so damn powerful that the butterfly always has to settle for the penultimate boss instead. We see this butterfly fucking one shot kill Galacta Knight in Forgotten World. Galacta Knight didn't even get a boss fight this time around, coz they just kill him off in a Kirby game, lol.

I really had no idea just how fucking crazy Kirby's lore actually is, coz the only one I ever played the shit out of were Superstar & Ultra. I always assumed that Marx was just a one off, when Marx is actually Kirby's Frieza. A threat bigger than Vegeta/Dedede & Picolo Meta-Knight but will sometimes team up if the threat is that immense such as the final boss from Star Allies.
It turns out in the game before Superstar, Kirby & DeDede teamed up to kill Nightmare, a cosmic horror. Marx became a cosmic like entity during Superstar and then in Dreamland you fight a giant eye. You fight that same eye in 64 but now it shoots blood at you. How the fuck does Kirby get away with this shit? Ayy lmao! In damn near every Kirby, he's fighting off a new Galactic horror.

I like that joke theory which states that in the Metroid games, Samus just kills the big monsters that slipped past Kirby, while Kirby takes on the galactic-tier Cosmic threats.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

The only KOF games I've kept up with since 2003 were XI and XIII. I'm only familiar with XIII because some guy would play it in college, and I played through it once. I haven't touched any KOF games otherwise. Never even watched a vid about the story in 14. I never touched Neowave, Maximum Velocity or any of that.

I hate the way the newer ones play. They've basically been made to be like all the other fighters with matches being all about huge combo strings that take half of your health. You get hit once, and lose over half your health. Get hit again and your dead. Same thing that happened to Tekken. 90's to early 00's SNK games actually felt like matches. You were constantly engaging and maneuvering. Now, it feels like its all been streamlined. Its less about your ability to read opponents.

I watched some gameplay vids of KOFXV and I just wasn't feeling it.

Modern pro's get bodied when they play older KOF games.

The things I hated the most about XIII was that awful sprite work.
King of Fighters doesn't have the same timeline as Fatal Fury. They've always been separate continuities. Geese never died in the KOF setting.
I thought Art of Fighting 2 was the first KOF, plotwise which led straight to Fatal Fury 1. Of, course, even in that, they kept bringing Geese back from the dead, so him being alive is no surprise. Doesn't explain how Rock is an adult in the same timeline, though.
SNK just went bankrupt around this time and they didn't even get back the rights until Mohammed Bin Salmin stepped in since SNK games are popular in Saudi Arabia for some reason. That's why I get so fucking angry at virtue signaling Westerners who don't realize that the SNK games they loved wouldn't exist without that guy. He's the reason that we're getting big budget snk games now. It sure beats the Korean era of SNK.)
No clue who that is. My memory from that time was that SNK was doing poorly financially, then got pushed over the edge into bankruptcy after getting sued over K9999 for him being to similar to Tetsuo. Then they got bought out by Playmore, became SNKPlaymore, than Playmore just started going by SNK again later. I'd imagine I'm missing a lot of details, because I didn't keep up with SNK stuff after that. I thought it was just a husk with its I.P. being whored out by a different company with different devs that was just using their old name, because everything felt so different after that.

I didn't even know if any of the O.G. SNK staff were still active in the company.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Krizzx wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:45 pm The only KOF games I've kept up with since 2003 were XI and XIII. I'm only familiar with XIII because some guy would play it in college, and I played through it once. I haven't touched any KOF games otherwise. Never even watched a vid about the story in 14. I never touched Neowave, Maximum Velocity or any of that.
Even in this thread, some people were talking about the implications of KOF XIV's ending. I think it was Houselander, but he actually deleted all of his comments in this thread lol.
I don't even think that Neowave is canon. Nobody cares about Xbox trash anyway. I never played Max Velocity but KOF 2006 was actually good. I just hated the character designs. The Maximum Velocity/ KOF 2006 games are in a completely different continuity of their own separate from the rest of the series.
I hate the way the newer ones play. They've basically been made to be like all the other fighters with matches being all about huge combo strings that take half of your health. You get hit once, and lose over half your health. Get hit again and your dead. Same thing that happened to Tekken. 90's to early 00's SNK games actually felt like matches. You were constantly engaging and maneuvering. Now, it feels like its all been streamlined. Its less about your ability to read opponents.
I agree. KoF XIV actually had auto-combos by default where you would just press a normal punch, but they'll do a full blown beat em up combo for some reason. I was complaining about that in the other forum.
It felt weird but I wouldn't exactly call it easy mode.
It's just different and those of us who grew up with fighters back in the 90s have to relearn the game, because it's not built around Street Fighter 2 fundamentals.
It's a similar case for Street Faggot V. I completely refuse to learn how to play SFV and as a result, I constantly get my ass kicked in PVP since it plays nothing like SF2-SF4, Darkstalkers or Marvel. Alpha & Marvel are both based off of Darkstalkers.

SFV is some retard bullshit where the most advanced techs are reserved for v trigger, which hardcore nerfs characters like Juri since the core of her gameplay is entirely locked through the vtrigger mechanic. Making it so it's near impossible to play mindgames as Juri since all of her zoning kits are locked behind v trigger lol. Juri doesn't even have her Divekick, which made her so damn dangerous in SF4, because she could just jump into your range and rushdown you while she's trying to zone you.
Meanwhile someone like Cammy is Overpowered & possibly the best character in the game, because she has access to her basic rush down & footsies kit by default. Granted the entire game is centered around rush down anyway.
I thought Art of Fighting 2 was the first KOF, plotwise which led straight to Fatal Fury 1. Of, course, even in that, they kept bringing Geese back from the dead, so him being alive is no surprise. Doesn't explain how Rock is an adult in the same timeline, though.
Rock from KOF & Rock from FF aren't even the same characters lol. We have like 3 different B. Jenets. (Fatal Fury Jenet, KOF Jenet & Maximum Impact Jenet.)
You have to look at it the same way you'd look at the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle canon. There's several different universes. There's the Mirage comics TMNT, 80s cartoon TMNT, A merged timeline Early 2000s TMNT, several different movie timelines, Nicklodeon timelines, etc.

With Fatal Fury, You're talking about the King of Fighter's universe. What gets you confused is that Art of Fighting & Fatal Fury are the origins of the King of Fighter's tournament. FF has a badass Mobster story where the only people who have ever sponsored a KOF tournament, all belong to the Geese Howard family tree. King of Fighters goes for a more Anime approach where for some reason the world is always at the verge of an Apocalypse because of some stupid fighting tournament lol.

The Art of Fighting series never had a tournament. Mr Big actually works for Geese Howard and Geese Howard was the Police Commissioner of South Town. He killed Terry's adopted father shortly after Art of Fighting 2 ended. King of Fighters is the name of the tournament from Fatal Fury 1, but the timeline diverges from FF & KOF after FF2.
The King of Fighter's continuity started with AOF2, FF1 & FF2 but continued with KOF 94 and then it stays in its own KOF universe for the rest of the KOF series. This is the timeline you're familiar with, but it actually has nothing to do with Fatal Fury. In fact, the Fatal Fury cast are treated like irrelevant nobodies in KOF, which is hilarious since they're (Terry, Mai, Ryuji, Geese, Billy Kane) some of the most popular KOF characters. Ryuji Yamazaki actually got a huge power buff in KOF where he's revealed to be an Orochi like Leona. That's tonally different from Fatal Fury & Art of Fighting though, FF revolves around Mobster shit. Fart of Fighting revolves around a Karate school, with AOF3 focusing more on Robert Garcia.

The much more interesting Fatal Fury canon is continued through Fatal Fury 3.
In Fatal Fury, there have only been 4 King of Fighter's tournaments within the games. (FF1, FF2, Real Bout 1 and Mark of the Wolves) Every single KOF tournament within the FF continuity is funded by the Geese Howard family.
Fatal Fury is much more interesting to me because it's about Gangsters taking over Southtown.

After Geese disappeared, his half brother Wolfgang & his crew visited Southtown, sponsored & funded the next KOF tournament to challenge Terry.
Wolfgang kills himself some time after the events of FF2. (Wolfgang is alive in KOF, you still see him in endings.)
During FF3 the Chinese Triad try to take over Southtown through Ryuji Yamazaki. FF3 was not a tournament and seems to be inspired by the FF Anime movie since FF3 revolves around searching for ancient artifacts in a race against time between Terry's crew, Geese Howard, Ryuji Yamazaki, and the Chonsu twins.
Real Bout 1 is when they finally bring back the King of Fighters tournament and this is when Geese finally dies.

Geese died once and he stayed dead. He died during Real Bout 1, but they brought him back as a bonus character in Special & Real Bout 2 (both of which are considered as Dream games, similar to KOF 2002 & 98, so it's not canon.) by calling him Nightmare Geese. Nightmare Geese is not canon. It was just a way to bring a fan favorite back while not acknowledging him in the story.

Geese has never died in King of Fighters and in fact, he's always operating behind the scenes. You see Geese Howard scheming during some endings in KOF XIV.
KOF is a completely different continuity because KOF characters don't or rarely eve age.

I hate having to quote Wiki but it's the only source I can find in english which tells you the same shit that you can already learn from playing the games.
https://snk.fandom.com/wiki/Fatal_Fury_ ... Fatal_Fury
Connections to The King of Fighters series
In the Fatal Fury Team's ending in The King of Fighters '94, the events of both Fatal Fury: King of Fighters and Fatal Fury Special are mentioned in the King of Fighters storyline, through the ending dialogue with a line from Rugal Bernstein saying "Now I see the reason why Geese and Krauser were beaten...!". Soon after, it's revealed that Geese and Krauser are plotting their attempt at revenge against Team Fatal Fury..

The events of the Art of Fighting series as well as the remaining installments of the Fatal Fury story are not canon to the King of Fighters storyline. This was done so that the characters from both series could be featured in the King of Fighters series without having to age them.
Here's another link that breaks down the separate timelines.
https://snk.fandom.com/wiki/The_King_of ... ournament)
https://snk.fandom.com/wiki/The_King_of ... imeline.29

Fatal Fury's timeline are the games that I listed in my previous post.
The Terry Bogard games are every game where Terry is the main character.
Buriki One is not a Fatal Fury or Art of Fighting game but it chronologically happens after the Art of Fighting series and happens before Mark of the Wolves.
Ryo Sakazaki looks visibly older in Buriki One since he was in his 20s during the 80s. Buriki One is set in 1999.
I made a typo in my last post. I said that MOTW happens a year later after Real Bout, but it actually happens 10 years later which makes much more sense considering Rock's age. MOTW also seems to happen during the early 2000s.

Savage Reign & Kizuna Encounter continue the South Town storyline showing that no matter what, the
city always gets taken over by a crime lord. I'm guessing those games take place in about 2050 since the only
Fatal Fury link you see is a guy who looks exactly like Kim Kaphwan & is heavily hinted at being related to the Kim family, but seems to be several bloodlines removed from the Kims. He has that same Justice Moralfaggotry as Kim Kaphwan though.

Early 2000s South Town would've been ruled over by Kain or maybe even Rock Howard but they never made a follow up to MOTW. A shame too because the plot was really getting good with the whole Rock, Kain & Terry dynamic.

No clue who that is. My memory from that time was that SNK was doing poorly financially, then got pushed over the edge into bankruptcy after getting sued over K9999 for him being to similar to Tetsuo. Then they got bought out by Playmore, became SNKPlaymore, than Playmore just started going by SNK again later. I'd imagine I'm missing a lot of details, because I didn't keep up with SNK stuff after that. I thought it was just a husk with its I.P. being whored out by a different company with different devs that was just using their old name, because everything felt so different after that.

I didn't even know if any of the O.G. SNK staff were still active in the company.
That's good. It shows that you're not a no-life retard who sticks his nose into things that have nothing to do with you. I actually have fam who work in Saudi Arabia. (as a maid or something, lol. I had a few Christcuck preacher relatives there but they died when a bomb exploded their bus.)
At the Nintendo thread I went a bit more in depth about Salmin, he's the current leading prince of the House of Saud.
I see the same shit happen all the time with Saudi Arabia.
https://www.vgchartz.com/article/452916 ... rs-xv-ps5/
In the comments section, some idiot keeps whining about SNK being funded by the House of Saud and then he acts as if SNK has a choice in who funds them.
Then he cries about how Capcom is also funded by the House of Saud. He doesn't say the House of course, he's a dumbass. He doesn't know what he's talking about.

Someone called him out and asked him if he drives a car. To which the dick head tried to weasel his way from.

It's a good point though. If you use gas of any kind, then you should shut the fuck up. It pisses me off coz I think China is way worse than Saudi Arabia. China has actual concentration death camps based on Ethnic & Religious background yet you won't hear these motherfuckers whine about that. Kinda hard to boycot China. A chinese sweatshop filled with starving kids most likely built the phone & computers you use. They definitely made your videogame systems.

Oh and you know what really kills me.
This comment.
CaptainExplosion (3 days ago)Collapse
Unfortunately more than 30% of the profits will go to funding a scum bag prince who blows up Yemeni children. Way to accept an investor, SNK. -_-
CaptainExplosion in reply toMTZehvor (3 days ago)Collapse
And then Capcom let the same bitch buy 5% of their company. Now I have to boycott the two most popular fighting game makers unless the crown prick is disposed of with a minimum of fuss. I know I call for the deaths of a lot of individuals, but if you knew what the prince had done you'd do the same, ESPECIALLY if you were Jamal Kashoggi's next of kin.
It's like dude. SHUT THE FUCK UP! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO JAMAL KASHOGGI IS! He's not some generic everyman reporting against tyranny. He's part of the 1%! Jamal's uncle is one of the richest men in the world, Adnan Kashoggi. Jamal has connections with MOSSAD, HOUSE OF SAUD & The CIA.
This motherfucka ain't innocent. Stop talking about Jamal like he's a damn hero.

That's what I fucking can not stand! All these ignorant morons, constantly virtue signaling acting like they're superheroes when all they do is look like a fucking idiot to those like myself, who actually know quite a bit about Geopolitics. Stay the fuck out of geopolitical conversations coz it just makes these idiots look devoid of substance as I had already suspected.

They can bullshit all they want about Trans-rights Homo rights, race equality or whatever coz that's a lot more abstract, and is not something that can be easily measured. When they try to fucking jump into my territory, and talk about Big Mans' War games. I'm like dude shut the fuck up, idiots like Cappy Explosion just expose themselves as idiots who have done nothing but read a few blogs & twitter posts.
They constantly show that they're ignorant to the cultures outside of the West. The West includes USA< Australia, Canada, New Zealand & Western Europe.

Where did all of this sudden hate for Saudi Arabia come from anyway? Yes they're fucking assholes and I view them as no different from Israel. To me, they're the same fucking thing.
I just want to know where the sudden hatred came from the average Internet Moron.
I think it's kinda funny coz Mohhamed Bin Salam is actually considered somewhat of a reformist. He's not as extreme as those who came before him but since he doesn't conform with American 'Liberal' politics, he gets villainized. I'm like what's Salman supposed to do? If he adopted the American ways of loving 99+ gender & whatever random bullshit Americans are up to now, he'd be toppled by a military mutiny of his countrymen within less than 24 hours.

That's what Americans don't understand. Real life is not a movie. You can't just changes the hearts of many through a highly scripted speech filled with college university gobbledygook buzzwords.
I just don't know what the fuck they expect. Any other Saudi prince would be way worse than Salman currently is. What do they expect the people of Saudi Arabia to dethrone the entire House of Saud? LOL not bloody happening there's way too much money involved. Within the World Hierarchy, House of Saud & Zion are actually considered as far more important than the lives of every single American. That's why Americans always die for Saudi & Israel wars.

As for the SNK staff, most of the old SNK crew are at Capcom now. Funny though coz the people who made Street Fighter 1 jumped ship to SNK to make Fatal Fury & Art of Fighting. Capcom later made fun of that through Dan Hibiki from Alpha.
BTW Rune Factory 5 kicks a lot of ass once you finally find some gloves to do the fist fighting style. RF5 turns into a beat em up because not only can you fight with your fists & feet, but the gloves also allow you to grapple, throw & slam your enemies into opponents just like Final Fight.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

The only way I'll get a new KOF is if I see it in a bundle. Same with Guilty Gear Strive now that they've started catering to progressives. They made Testament "non-binary"... I mean, I suppose that's not terrible, but its a bad sign when a Japanese dev starts catering to Western politics. That is unless this is another instance like what they did with the SMTV MC where the localizers rewrote the character.

Well, I take that back about not buying an SNK game. I just remembered that I bought SNK Heroines on the switch during a buy 2 get 1 free sell at gamestop for black Friday. I still haven't played it yet, lol. I started playing all these PC games that have been coming out and have hardly touched my switch even though I got like 5 new games for it. Its why I haven't gotten Rune Factory 5 or Atelier Sophie 2 yet.

I just finished Elden Ring, I wanted to play Elex 2, but the game is so buggy and broken in its current state that its unplayable. I'll probably finish Xenoblade X and then start working my way through shit I bought a year ago like Bravely Default 2 and Persona V Strikers.
cake
Spiral Smile

Post by cake »

They made Testament "non-binary"... I mean, I suppose that's not terrible, but its a bad sign when a Japanese dev starts catering to Western politics.
crazy how in 5/6 years within the universe everyone gained muscle mass while testament now looks like a malnourished hermaphrodite, i bet the real reason testament tried killing kliff wasn't because of justice controlling his mind rather it was because kliff didn't give two fucks about the pronoun business LOL

at least we've still got this

i've played some strive for a few hours. the game itself wasn't bad but i kinda felt it was rather "sluggish"(?) compared to the previous games. strive's saving grace for me was the soundtrack. but yeah other than that i don't have much to say, maybe i'll download it again and see what it's like now.
ImageImage
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Damn, those live action commercials from the 90's were on another level.

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Street Fighter 2 had the best live commercials.

The funniest live action ones I've seen were from Art of Fighting. Fatal Fury 3's commercial has a Ryuji who sorta has my handsome gangsta face lol.
Krizzx wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:05 am The only way I'll get a new KOF is if I see it in a bundle.
I think Saudi KOF is more true to what KOF has always been, than SFV is to Street Fighter.
KOF has always been a speedy rush down fighter.

The only thing the modern games do is make it easier to combo. The meta hasn't been simplified into a straight forward rush down like SFV is, since KOF has always had so many different types of evasion moves & movements. It's actually Smash Bros that moves the most like a KOF game (you can dodge into the background, dodge to the foreground, small hop, medium hop, jump, fly, dash, run, skip, etc.), which is prolly why Terry Bogard is in Smash.

KOF games have always had multiple avenues for securing the rush down, which does take skill, because so many moves within KOF can only be activated during specific circumstances, such as Shermie's knee drop, where you have a tiny window of opportunity to activate that move but the knee drop by itself is also kinda useless if you don't immediate follow it up with a grapple command suplex. Nearly every character in KOF has a sequence of movements like this. For Ralf, a lot of his punch combos are activate in sequence, similar to Shermie. For Kyo, I think it's his kicks. I dunno, coz I don't play him.
I main Kim Kaphwan, Leona & Mai, but none of them are as complex as Shermie. Kim has one of the easiest rush downs since he basically plays like Chun Li & Adon, and is all about footsies & positioning. Leona is a typical charge character who functions like Dictator M Bison. Leona is nowhere near as fast so she's more about baiting opponents into frame traps rather than Bison's cross ups.
Mai is completely unique and in '98, she soars like a hawk coz she has multiple air dash moves plus an air dash Butt smash which allow her to fly across the screen and start rush downs. I guess Mai kinda plays like a fast melee version of SF4 Juri due to the dive moves. I dunno, coz Juri is strictly a zoner and Mai feels more like a jack of all trades. Except she's a jack of all trades who has high speed and shit tons of safe moves. (like her ass attacks, lol.)
I watched some gameplay vids of KOFXV and I just wasn't feeling it.

Modern pro's get bodied when they play older KOF games.

LOL Max ain't no pro. He's just some marketable fag that corporations love to push as the face of fighting games, when honestly Low Tier God is closer in spirit (his entire douchey personality to the way he presents himself.) to what fighting games were back in the 90s, when millions of people actually crowded around arcade machines. Maxmilian dood is basically the Tim Pool of fighting games. As in, if you're not familiar with the scene that they claim to be in. You'll assume that they actually know what they're talking about, They don't. Max seems cool though. Pool is a fucking fool.

The other guy is Justin wong though.
Justin Wong, the China man, the legend, the fucking damn it, I'm jealous that he met Paige lol. I sure hope that Razor Ramon fucked her at least once before The Bad Guy died.

As good as Wong is in Capcom games. He's never really been an SNK guy. He actually comes across as ignorant most of the time when I hear him talk about SNK games. Look at his top fighting game's lists. You never see any snk game in it at all, but he'll have fucking Arcana Heart. Which is a good game mind you, but over KOF 98, Real Bout Special, SamSho 2 (my fave was 4 but that's just me.) or even Mark of the Wolves? He's fucking crazy at least nominate Capcom vs Snk 2. (I dunno what my top 5 are, but I know that SF Alpha 3, Tekken 5 & CapVsSnk2 are in it. I like a lot of dead fighters like Bloody Roar 2.)
Wong's mostly in his element with Capcom & Arcsy, since both companies make that Anime fighter stuff which plays like a more advanced version of Marvel vs Capcom.

Just coz he sucks at traditional old school SNK doesn't mean that the modern SNK games suck. He's a Capcom guy.
The older SNK games had much more strict special move inputs, and they had a lot of extra motions you needed to learn that could only be used during certain moments within the fight. Such as the Shermie knee drop or her stone cold stunner. I never played the latest KOF so I'm not sure how much they dumbed it down. I'll know instantly when I get the chance to play as Shermie.
KOF 14 was nowhere near as good as 98, but I didn't think it was bad or simplified at all when compared to previous KOF 13, 12, 2003, etc. The older games just required much more fancy inputs to do the same rushdowns that you do in the modern games. What they did is make the combos easier to activate so that both players can concentrate more on the meta game.

This is Wong, so we know right away that he understands how to meta game, no matter what fighter he's playing. His problem with oldschool KOF is that he's just plainly not used to that style of game. He generally specializes in games where you only learn 3 special move inputs since every single move in MvC uses the same 3 inputs ayy lmao, but he does so at a world pro level. So more power to him. I don't have the dedication because I seriously play games from every genre. Kinda makes it impossible. These days I'm way better at shooters than I am at fighters. Still good though, it's just with shooters you're playing in front of a much larger crowd online. In fighters, you're usually only playing in front of 2-5 people at most. That's lame.
Same with Guilty Gear Strive now that they've started catering to progressives. They made Testament "non-binary"... I mean, I suppose that's not terrible, but its a bad sign when a Japanese dev starts catering to Western politics. That is unless this is another instance like what they did with the SMTV MC where the localizers rewrote the character.
crazy how in 5/6 years within the universe everyone gained muscle mass while testament now looks like a malnourished hermaphrodite, i bet the real reason testament tried killing kliff wasn't because of justice controlling his mind rather it was because kliff didn't give two fucks about the pronoun business LOL

Arcsy opened an American branch in California, and well you can fill in the blanks from there. Since that gayness all comes from that State and then it spreads to the rest of the country, and I guess now the world. I see plenty of Americans commentate about how Japan is like 2 decades behind the 'rest of the world', because they're so ignorant about genders & pronouns or whatever. (Which is amusing to me, coz I think a tranny would have an easier life in Japan than any other place in the world, since Japs won't outright assault you even if they still call you a man. Japs don't give a shit so long as you keep it to yourself. Which means that you do need to somehow pass otherwise, you're not keeping your social disorder to yourself.)

'Rest of the world' in quotations, because Americans don't seem to acknowledge how sheltered they are. They honestly think that the rest of the planet is into gay shit. When last I checked, it's still highly discriminated, practically everywhere except the West. That's why we American gaming companies bring their gayshit to the rest of the world, they'll actually ban it to avoid offending nations like China, Middle East, Africa or whatever. Funny how with Japanese games like Rune Factory 5, it's a game that could've easily been a 9 out of 10 if they just fixed the fucking terrible performance but the American localization team didn't consider frame rate & performance as important enough issues. So they just forced Japan to include gay relationships. Seriously when I type "Rune Factory 5 How to" it immediately defaults to Rune Factory 5 homosexual relationships. Like wtf mang. There's so much gameplay systems involved in the game but the only topic any one seems to give a shit about is whether or not you can romance the same sex. It's sad, coz I think if more people knew about the Pokemon style monster taming (and fixed the damn performance), that the game would be flying off shelves.
They made Testament "non-binary"... I mean, I suppose that's not terrible, but its a bad sign when a Japanese dev starts catering to Western politics.
That Gender Binary crap is so retarded, because it's not an actual Scientific or biological term. It's just random political jargon masquerading as science. The official medical term for 'gender-binary' is hermaphrodite or transvestite but as usual with Americans. They actually changed what those words mean, which once referred to something biological. Now in days, it refers more to self-identification. Kinda like how everyone supposedly has PTSD these days, when they obviously don't because real PTSD victims are extremely violent motherfuckers. Not a bunch of pansies who cry over words.

What's weird is how transgenders seem to have took full control of the fighting game genre. I don't get how it happened, trannies even kicked out the ghetto gangster hoods from the fighting game community when the FGC originated from Cali & NYC street gangs, lol. This used to be common.

Now you'll get banned if you don't let the weird White people push you around.
What happened is that corporations like Sony bought the rights to the largest FGC tournaments and then proceeded to ban every ghetto gangster (who all happen to be non-white) and then replaced them with White trannies, labeling them as minorities for some reason just coz they cross dress and pretend to be a chick.

They used to be easy to filter out before Sony moved to San Fagcisco coz you could just troll the shit out of them through voice chat. Any gains that trannys seem to have now is artificially inflated, simply due to how corporations seem to ban you from ever saying or doing anything that slightly offends them.
Which I'm aware that this does sound assholish, why would you offend people for no reason?
Until you realize that trannies are offended by nearly fucking everything. Even anime is not allowed to be anime anymore coz the American tranny consider anime art as pedophilla.

It doesn't fucking matter though. This insanity is being perpetuated by one group who 41% themselves anyway. The real problem is that corporations are on their side and have eliminated gender from video games. You can't even choose between male or female anymore. You only choose your style. As if choosing between being a man or a woman, were a simple change of clothes.

There's something really strange going on with American media, coz I've seen plenty of dudes that I've kept tabs
on over the years coz I'm familiar with their combat sports work. When I look them up to see what they've been doing lately. I find out that they suddenly became trannys man. WTF?
How do you start out as a fat 5'0 beaner, and turn into an Anime chick? lol

This motherfucker used to be a decent looking dude.

Then he came out as his 'TRUE GENDER' kek.
His wife sure don't look happy. You know who I think may transition next? Dave Batista. That motherfucker suspect. He makes all these gay ass selfies puckering his lips while still 'presenting' as a man. It's the eyes though mang. Faggot be making them submissive Chick eyes, but he's like over 6'6' 290 pounds. I AIn't gonna say shit to that. he'd beat the hell out of you.

I grew up on fighting games since the 90s, so I find it funny when this new Trans crowd tries to tell me that I'm lying or they call incel or whatever. When I fucking swear that this Fight game shit was Hood shit during my era.
So many gangsta songs from the 90s, sampled Fighting game music.
[Embed]
[Embed]
It still weirds me the fuck out that ghetto gangsters got kicked out of the Fighting Game Community and replaced with White Trannys all due to executive meddling from Sony when they bought out EVO & took over the FGC scene from the streets. Shit had way more soul before the corporate meddling came in, and decided that dudes in skirts were way more marketable than thugs.

I honestly do blame the Maxmillian Dood types (He's basically a friendly normal looking White guy that Corporate suits love to utilize as the representative of the genre.), for making fighting games look like a friendly community that you'd actually want to associate with. He even outright said "You guys aren't gangsters."
Motherfucker what? Where you even around back when fighting games were at their peak? During that era, everyone played fighting games but there was always a shady element of shadowy people and thugs who loved that fighting game shit. Especially Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter & at the time, Killer Instinct. Funny how now in days, everyone pretends that KI was never popular but nah mang KI was big time back in the day. It was easily the third most popular fighter if you don't include other Capcom games like Xmen, Marvel, Xmen vs SF, & MvC.

When I was kid, I strictly recall that it was the Ese's Cholo Homies who'd always hog the SNK cabinets and then murk everybody in game as Ralf & Clark in Kof 95-97. These dudes would have tats everywhere, the khakis, the checkered shirts, the bandanas. You name it. They weren't nerds at all but their knowledge on how to play fighting games, far surpasses the knowledge of most nerds lol.
Then you get to the stuff like Street Fighter which even back in 91, has always had an onslaught of gangsters & hoes hogging the machines.
I still remember when this hot slutty looking chick mocked me because i had the same name as her boyfriend and they were hanging with a crew. I was only like a 6 or 7 year old kid at the time. I didn't give a shit, I just wanted to play the game but I kept getting my ass kicked in-game by a bunch of fucking degenerates and that pissed me off coz I kept losing quarters. She was fine though, lol. Not sure if she was White or Latin (her skin was white but facial features look kinda mixed or jewish or latin or whatever), purplish hair but that was normal back in the day. In the 80s and 90s, rainbow colored hair was badass because it wasn't yet associated with fat feminist nerds.

I was going to post about SNK being mostly bought out by the Saudis but I posted it here instead.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=123&start=50
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Isuka
Duplicator Smile

Post by Isuka »

Too much clout be to had pretending to be a chick.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

They released a trailer for Street Fighter 6. Doesn't look halfbad. Not feeling the constant announcer, but art and animations are great.

Chun Li actually looks Chinese now.