"Inclusivity is an ongoing education for everyone, and nothing is set in stone." - Tim Schafer
Fun fact: God of War is on sale right now, but the SJWs are trying to stop it!

Moderators: WhereGamingDies, Airport51

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Cobra Kai

Post by Jack »

Season 3 is the best season so far, and I'm suprised that they pulled it off by keeping the integrity of the show intact. I honestly thought that season 3 would be a lot like the Cobra Kai game (which is actually a good beat em up, it's modeled after Streets of Rage 4, which is weird that SOR4's combat system is already spawning imitators.)
The Cobra Kai game went full blown anime with Rival schools fighting each other like rival Naruto Ninja clans.

Season 3 actually dials everything back into more of a drama with some comedy (similar to season 1.) for the first 7 episodes, to rebuild the story around the central conflict (Kreese & Tory) as everyone deals with the aftermath of the shocking conclusion to Season 2. Rob goes to jail, sexy ass Tory gets expelled, Aisha moves, the rest of the fucking brats all dealt with their issues, and Miguel has to go through DBZ Goku training, trying to get his legs functioning again.

The actual show goes for a more martial arts philosophy approach, and does a character study on the entire cast, exploring why they train in martial arts. About the only character who is completely lost is Robby, but they also didn't really development him all that well in Season 3. Rob continues to be the shittiest character in the show. Sam is actually interesting in Season 3 though, coz they constantly call out how much of a hypocrite she is, and people from her dojo get their limbs broken trying to exact revenge, while Danny boy is away on a business trip to Japan.
You can't accuse Samantha of being a Mary Sue any more, coz she's actually one of the most triggered and fearful characters of the cast up until the final episode happens, but even then she was about to get her ass kicked by crazy sexy bitch Tory (Who I swear, her tits got bigger! LOL!)
Sam is saved by typical Anime bullshit, Her friends saved the day, and someone even yells a one liner at Tory about how they can always depend on their friends to have their back.

You get the sense that Tory was emotionally hurt by that comment.
Season 3 really mentally breaks the shit out of Tory to the point that's she's like 2nd main bad guy of Cobra Kai after Kreese. Ironically, she's actually related to Kreese's girlfriend back in the Nam.
Rob was also overwrought with mental anquish all throughout season 3, but you can tell that they're trying to pen some kind of redemption arc for him. The problem is that Rob just isn't that likable beyond his pretty face. Even Tory is way more relatable coz you can understand why she's so fucked up. Her life sucks ass. Most people in her shoes would've resorted to crime or prostitution by now. I also find it weird that she's actually a mixed-raced Latina, LOL! Her little bro didn't look White. Kid was dark, as dark as Miguel.

There's a lot of drama with everything seemingly falling apart to the point that Daniel Laracist has to fly back to Japan to resecure his dealership with Dayona. He decides to fly back to Okinawa, to search for guidance or anything really, from Miyagi. He mets up with an old flame and Chosen from Karate Kid 2. The way they wrote Chosen was very suprising to me. He's still an asshole, but it's revealed that he's actually a Miyagi-do and always was. Chosen is also a pretty big dude. I forgot how big he was, he made Danny look tiny.
He becomes Daniel Laracist's (it's a joke from season 1. All 3 seasons make fun of SJWs.)
teacher/rival for a day, but in typical Japanese fashion, the two let their past rivalry stay in the past.
There's a cool twist to how Danny saves his dealership from being bought out, but I won't spoil it coz I thought it was fucking clever.

The entire season doesn't go the way I'd expect it to go at all, save for the reunion with Kumiko. Although she's obviously aged, she still acts exactly like how the young Kumiko acted. They made a joke about how they eventually lost contact with each other coz they didn't have faceberg & twatter back in the day.

In the later half of the season, the show goes back to highschool animu ninja fights, but the devastation & destruction they cause throughout the entire neighborhood causes the local officials to attempt to ban all Karate.
I like how the show has such a realistic approach to violence. They don't make it look like power rangers, these stupid 20 yr olds, playing the role of teens, get their asses kicked & bloody, including the girl fighters.

I also like how Season 3 finally acknowledges how crazy it is that their town are such fanatics towards Karate. I was kid back in the 80s though, and I do recall martial arts being extremely mainstream back in that era.
Even the Larusso MILF mommy becomes a rival of Kreese, lol.
What really brings the show together is when Ali finally fucking makes an appearance in the last two episodes.
Everything goes full circle since the entire rivalry originated with the Love triangle between Danny, Johnny & Ali. Her role in the show, was also nothing like how I'd expect it to go.
She basically comes back to relive the past for a day (she recently got divorced.), and she reveals insights to the psychology of the Dan vs Johnny rivalry in that they're both living out a fiction, who sees the other as a bad guy, when they actually have a lot in common with each other, and that's why they hate each other so much.

I'm just so amazed at how natural the Kumiko, Chosen & Ali guest roles were, coz all three of them added a shit ton of character development to either Dan or Johnny depending on the character.
Throughout the entire season, we see flashbacks of Kreese during his teenage years, where we can actually understand how he reached his combat philosophy. Basically, had he never hesitated, none of his friends would've ever died. What made him snap was finding out that his girlfriend died long before he was deployed into a special ops mission but his CO kept it a secret from him up until they were forced into a death duel by the Vietcong.

Everyone is written so damn well except for Rob. At this point, Rob just seems like a useless character aside for his damsel-in-distress factor, lol. We really don't need a character who needs to save himself from himself, since we already have Hawk, who's far more interesting to begin with.
That and Tory is a female Rob, but she's completely nuts, because she understands her role in society, and lashes back at it. Would a girl that fucking fine really have it that bad though? AYY LMAO! She looks like she could easily just marry a billionaire with her looks, but I'm pretty sure that she's either dying by the end of Season 4 or being locked up forever coz she's even more psychologically broken than Kreese is.

With Kreese, you can tell that he was fucked up by serving in Zion's wars, and it was the war itself that screwed him up his perception on life. Tory just had a very bad hand in life, much like Rob. It's not really believable in real life though, considering how attractive both of them look, lol. People who act like Tory or Rob in real life, usually look like Antifa or something coz they have nothing left to lose.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Re: Cobra Kai

Post by Jack »

I rewatched The Next Karate Kid, a shit flick that I hadn't seen since I was 11 when it first came out. It's actually not as bad as I remember. Everyone makes fun of the plot, but the plot is actually not bad for the most part. What ruined it were the unnecessary fight scenes during the last 15 minutes of the movie.

The entire conflict of the movie was just a girl who needed to let go of her rage from losing both of her parents, which is what Miyagi's karate philosophy helps her to do, she becomes more effeminate and takes out some beefy looking jock dude to the prom. Her boy gets treated like a loser for some reason, lol. It makes no sense to me, his neck & shoulders are huge. He's just kinda small like 5'9ish. Still fairly big though. Michael Ironside the main villain is actually 5'9 irl, but he looks like some 6'5 198cm giant in the movie.

Since it's a Karate Kid movie, you expect fight scenes. The problem is that the writers had a hard time coming up with a protagonist for the chick, so it's actually her beefy looking boyfriend who's getting bullied around from even beefier looking guys, who used to be his friends.
This is where the plot falls a part. You've could've easily ended the entire movie with no fight at all, just end it off with the Eagle flying to its freedom and Miyagi winking to the screen when her boytoy kisses her.

They never actually kissed in the movie though.
The main bad guys vandalize their car when they're about to kiss, the boytoy gets enraged and chases after them, then gets his ass kicked. Julie the Next Karate kid jumps in and saves the day. Yeah kinda cringe.
At the least, she has great fighting form. Her actress seems more like a capable fighter than Daniel Laruso ever was. All of her kicks are smooth and she's extremely flexible. It's a shame that she was only in one movie, coz Julie's fighting is actually believable. It didn't make me question that some 5'6 girl could beat down some 5'11,6footish 190 - 205 pound guy.

Thinking about it, Julie & Daniel are about the same size. (Dan didn't finally grow up until Karate Kid 3. He was like only 5'6 125 pounds in the first two movies and then he ballooned up to 150 pounds, about 5'8 in KK3.) What makes the first two KK movies resonate with people so much was the story though, and Julie's story could never compare to it.
Daniel Laruso literally looked like some scraggly immigrant. He looks more foreign than I do, and he's White lol! (Italian, whatever close enough.)
Danny was the ultimate underdog, it's easy to root for him coz he's even a fucking scrawny midget when he goes to Japan where he's still getting bullied around by a Japanese-Johnny AKA Chozen, LOL!

What made so many people relate with Dan was the bullying he suffered through in all 3 films. It was a constant struggle to see him becoming the best person that he can be, with his own two hands. All 3 movies cause him to question himself, and why he's struggling so much to achieve his dreams.
Julie's story isn't as interesting, because she never had to struggle. She lost both of her parents, but for the most part she lives a privileged life. Unlike Daniel-san who is so fucking poor that even the family car couldn't even drive.

Although an argument could be made that it was actually Dan who was the bully, and that's the concept that gave birth to the Cobra Kai show. It turns out that Johnny Lawrence was actually a misunderstood character.
What's great about the Cobra Kai show is that they understand it's not about the fighting, the point of the story is defining the reason why they fight. This is why "The Next Karate Kid" fell flat, it succeeded at showing how martial arts calmed Julie's mind, but they couldn't come up with a good reason for why Julie had to fight. She basically just had to fight coz her big muscular boyfriend is a fucking wuss, lol

It seems like Robbie Keene is an attempt at another Julie character, just like Julie, I think Rob is actually one of the best fighters (as in the actual actor's fight ability.), Rob knows what he's doing. I can't even do the shit he does, but I can recognize his technique. Rob is angry for the same exact reasons as Julie, except it's worse in his case coz his parents are still alive, but both of them were neglectful parents.
Rob goes through the same development as Julie (They both gain confidence, get a hot girlfriend/dood, gain a more positive outlook on life.), but the problem is that he screws everything up by the end of season 2 and goes down lower than where he originally started.

I think the point of his character is that Rob is an example of a person that not even the Miyagi-do philosophy could fix. That little brat is just fucking lost. If Tory ever had the same chances that Rob got, I doubt she'd be anywhere near as fucked up as Rob currently is. Tory is a descendant of Kreese's dead girlfriend. (We're not sure if he knows though.) So she'll most likely eventually become his right hand woMan. Well, Kreese's top student at least, since it's obvious that Terry Silver is coming back as a main antagonist next season.
Rob is going to be the philosophical battle that Johnny & Daniel's schools fight for, within the series going forward. Unlike Tory, Rob tries to be good, but the world constantly fails him. Tory just blames everything on everyone else. If Tory didn't have Karate, she'd be in a gang, but her Karate crew acts like a street gang, lol!

What would make me laugh is if Bert & Nathaniel (they're both like 4 foot nothing.) suddenly get a growth spurt if this show goes on for more than 4 seasons. They only have 4 school years to work with, and the show is still in the 2nd school year.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Yeah well you faggots can go eat a dik. I recall seeing way more Cobra Kai convo at the other forum. It's not like this season sucked either. It's way better than Season 2, and it's actually better than Season 1.
So much so, that I actually forgot about the LULZY Kunio Kun Soccer/futbol scene.

That's straight out of a Kunio sports game, where they're hitting each other more than they're hitting the ball lol.

This is one of the best scenes of development, because what Dan learns here actually saves them all in the final battle.
After all of these years, Laruso still looks like such a scrawny pussy.

Granted as we all know from Miyagi, looks can be deceiving. Problem is, Larusso's fighting has always sucked ass, and is only saved by plot armor... most of the time.
Most of the shit that you saw young Laruso pull off, looked like some fantasy magic trick. You're actually seeing real karate techniques in Cobra Kai.

I really wasn't expecting this Chozen twist. I thought they were gonna go the Yakuza route, and turn Chozen into some lame meme like Goro Majima. Original PS2 Majima was a hardcore dangerous gangster, but in Kiwami Yak 1, Majima got retconned into some goof ball who has a man crush on Kiryu. I really don't understand where it comes from, coz the two didn't even talk to each other in Yakuza 0, until the ending where Majima suddenly becomes a goofball fanboying, boycrushing over Kiryu when he first sees him.

Like with everything in Season 3, nothing ever happens as you'd expect it to. They turned Chozen into a tough-love mentor figure. He'll prob reappear in Season 4 since we now know that he's Miyagi-do and the Cobra Kai conflict may become so over exaggerated in Season 4, that they'll have to import some purebred Miyagi Kareteka from Japan.

In this scene (it's not the entire fight.) We see that Tory is Kreese's dragon, for now. (Until Barnes & Silver show up in Season 4 with their own Cobra crew.)
https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheDragon

This shit is so fucking anime coz it ends with, "At least we have friends. We do everything for our tomodachi!" lol
She literally one hit knock outs most of the other kids, who are males. From season 2, we're told that she already knew kickboxing before Cobra Kai tried to refine her techniques. Unlike Rob who has legit natural skills (Rob, Johnny & Chozen are the best fighters in the series so far, in terms of raw form & technique. Rob's kicks are stiff and he can hold his position.), She's a pure blown street fighter.
Tory could easily be knocked out in one hit if someone ever got a decent hit on her, coz her all-out aggression would eventually lead her to a loss of breath, and she'd get groggy but in this show, she's like a cyborg Terminator, lol.
It's prob intentional coz she's a scary ass thug in this scene.

Tory's fighting isn't refined at all, but she can throw some good looking punches, her thrust kick, roundhouse combo she pulled off was quite decent. It looks good enough for the show at least, but not stiff enough to do damage. That's what make Rob stands out, his moves are stiff as fuck. Too bad he's the worst character, lol.

The best scenes were the Ali scenes, but what made it so damn good is that I had no idea that Ali was actually going to show up in person for two whole episodes. I'm spoiling it here, coz you most likely already got spoiled about it on the net, since it's what everyone is talking about, aside for Kreese's phonecall & Tory. A lot of peeps are spooked that she's so crazy. She just reminds me of my childhood, coz a lot of my lady friends I used to know acted exactly like her. They're all dead too, most of 'em committed suicide by their late 20s, if they lived that long. Main girl I'm talking about, I was actually hanging out with in college just a couple years ago back when I was still in my 20s, lol. (We're both childhood friends with the same Jap whore. She knew her before the girl moved to Japan. I knew the girl when I was in Japan.)

You just can't do anything to fix those girls. Not unless you want to get taken down with them in some kind of murder death suicide.
I'm self aware that my lax attitude may have been a contributing factor (coz they already think nobody gives a shit about them.), but dude why bring so much trouble to your life when you can just walk away from it?
I really have no fucking idea how you fix these psychotic bitches. That's why I'm interested to see how Cobra Kai s04 or 05 resolves it. For all we know, we'll prob just get more crazy Tory for 4 since Rob is the main damsel in distress of the show. Funny, coz he's also the most capable fighter.

I'll end this with the Rob Juve fight, when he finally fights back.

That also reminds me of like the 3 years I spent in the USA when I was a teen, coz I also used to get dissed a lot until I finally stood up for myself. (Westcoast schools back in the 90s act like prisons for some reason.) Except in my case, I got the fuck beat out of me the first time I tried. Eventually I started getting shot at, and then I had a Fresh Prince of Bel Air move to Japan, where I eventually ended up hanging around Yakuza crews for the rest of my teens, lol.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

I want to talk about this, don't delete the thread until I return full time
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Xed51 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:49 pm I want to talk about this, don't delete the thread until I return full time
I'm not going to delete it when I'm already 3 posts in. I deleted those other threads coz they could be considered as political (Even though I'm on other threads constantly calling out GOP retards like Bitch Mcconnel.), even though I was just talking about dumb video game shit. In this thread, I don't even bother mentioning about how Cobra Kai constantly talks shit about SJWism and lampoons the hell out of the Karen meme, lol. They get it so right too, coz every time I've ever gotten in trouble, it actually was due to assholes abusing the hell out of the snitch tattle-tell system. Where those who don't comply to authority are deemed as the bad guys and those who try to resolve conflicts with their own hands are the greatest evil. Why? Coz we don't absolve our power to the state.

Cobra Kai ain't nowhere near as political as One Piece, coz OP directly calls out exactly what's happening in the world, and shows to you how it came to be. OP even downright portrays the elites as Inbred retards, (WHICH IS TRUE!) lol.
Cobra Kai's conflict is just some 80s Era Cuckservative "pull yourselves up by your own boot straps!" type of shit. Cobra Kai does go through great lentghs to show how life is not fair, and the point of Rob's character is
that he finally just gave up, so he succumbed to the darkness. Cobra Kai has this very 80s inspired mantra of Never giving up, no matter how hard life gets you down. I think it's fucking stupid, but it's endearing how it's portrayed in the show coz it's represented through Karate.
It's nostalgic, and the boomerism works in Cobra Kai's favor. Johnny & Daniel-son are both just out of touch boomers trying to pass down the traditions that they learned from their era, exactly s Miyagi did to Daniel & Juie.

The problem is that Japs are naturally traditionalist, and have always passed on the past to their children, whereas Americans hate all tradition, although they claim otherwise. Cobra Kai presents an alternate reality, as if we're still living in the 90s where the only true social issue are those who work hard to achieve success, vs those who blame all of their problems on others and then dwindle in misery. It's such a Boomer-take but it's also a very nostalgic Boomerworld that resembles the late 80s & early 90s of my youth.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

I'm not sure I agree it's the best one but I am constantly amazed by how good this show manages to be. I do miss Aisha (I wonder wtf happened behind the scenes for the actress to leave the show) and Stingray to a lesser extent. I get why Stingray isn't in it though, season 3 is relatively more grounded compared to S2 and such a goofy character would feel out of place.
I didn't like it as much the first time through, because I was anticipating a crazy climax like season 2. I watched it a couple of times though and I liked it better each time, I actually appreciate the artistic integrity they had in dedicating an entire season to character development for every single character (including kreese) rather than rushing into the final confrontation.
I hope the change in production company doesen't fuck up season 4.
You can't accuse Samantha of being a Mary Sue any more, coz she's actually one of the most triggered and fearful characters of the cast up until the final episode happens, but even then she was about to get her ass kicked by crazy sexy bitch Tory (Who I swear, her tits got bigger! LOL!)
Yeah I really only had a problem with Sam back when Season 1 was the only one. It seemed to me she was portrayed as some flawless moral compass, when in S2 they already pointed out how obnoxious she is, with her holier-than-thou attitude.
I agree that robby is still the shittiest character, but it makes sense that they're building him up to be a villain. He has been constantly failed by both Johnny and Daniel (plus his druggie mom lol), and trying to act like a good guy did nothing but get him in trouble. Hell all three of them gave him up to the police. They were in the right, but from his perspective, he has been betrayed by every single authority figure in his life, along with Sam picking Miguel over him. I'm actually mildly interested in seeing where he ends up, now that he's teaming up with Kreese and Tory.
Season 3 really mentally breaks the shit out of Tory to the point that's she's like 2nd main bad guy of Cobra Kai after Kreese. Ironically, she's actually related to Kreese's girlfriend back in the Nam.
I think that was actually a fan theory that was pushed onto some wikis. Rewatching the season, I can't really find any hint that the two characters are related. They might still turn out to be though. I do wonder why Kreese would take a particular interest in her, though it might be just because she's one of the strongest fighters in the show.
What really brings the show together is when Ali finally fucking makes an appearance in the last two episodes.
Everything goes full circle since the entire rivalry originated with the Love triangle between Danny, Johnny & Ali. Her role in the show, was also nothing like how I'd expect it to go.
She basically comes back to relive the past for a day (she recently got divorced.), and she reveals insights to the psychology of the Dan vs Johnny rivalry in that they're both living out a fiction, who sees the other as a bad guy, when they actually have a lot in common with each other, and that's why they hate each other so much.
Fan theories were all centered around Ali coming back to save Miguel's spine lol. I'm glad that did not happen, and they went with the more grounded scenario. It actually reminded of my dad, since he keeps getting laid with old highschool flames through facebook LOL.
"Look, she even put the face with the red cheeks. Does that mean she's feelin' hot? Gettin' hot?"
I laughed my ass off when Johnny fucked Miguel's mom, and then five minutes later he was having Miguel help him fuck his highschool girlfriend LOL!
Like with everything in Season 3, nothing ever happens as you'd expect it to. They turned Chozen into a tough-love mentor figure. He'll prob reappear in Season 4 since we now know that he's Miyagi-do and the Cobra Kai conflict may become so over exaggerated in Season 4, that they'll have to import some purebred Miyagi Kareteka from Japan.
Yeah I hope Chozen will have to return, considering Cobra Kai is getting Terry Silver back, and possibly the karate bad boy from KK3 (I forget his name, crazy ass dude who fights Daniel Laracist in the tournament).
I'm glad Terry Silver is coming back. Sure he was cheesy in KK3 (which is still the worst one of the original trilogy, but I don't hate it nearly as much as other fans, hell I quite like it) but Season 4 seems to be building up to such crazy over the top shit, he would fit right in with his weird ass acting.
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Season 4 was damn good. I'm not sure which season I preferred, 3 or 4.
They did a damn good job at writing Terry Silver.
I like how Terry Silver is still psychotic as fuck, but he's a much more realistic depiction of a high-functioning psychotic to the point that he's been living most of his life as a billionaire. (You need to be a legit psychopath to get at that level. The more obvious psychos like Vince Mcmahon or Trump are small timers when compared to insane motherfuckers like Bill Gates.)

Speaking of psycho, Tory is still sexy as fuck.
Tory's titties get bigger & bigger each season lol. How the fuck does she do that? I assumed it was just a padded bra but you actually see a good amount of cleavage during the prom where her tits r fucking huge.
Too bad they won't get any bigger since she's 23. She's one drop dead gorgeous anglo bitch.

What I'm shocked by is that Robby is actually cool now. He finally got a decent haircut so now he reminds me of a young Tom Cruise, and he looks just as psychotic as Tom Cruise lol. He's actually the most manly & mature of the kids now. Rob got to fuck himself some Tory tho.

Too bad we now have to fucking deal with Miguel's fucking terrible hair. Goddamn fucking comb that shit. Miguel grew his hair out and tries to comb it down, but it just looks nasty. Miguel was cool as the quirky dorky kid, but they're trying to pass him off as a man too and he just looks awkward. Funny thing is, Miguel got a growth spurt & he's almost as tall as Johnny Lawrence. Which makes Migurl look even more goofy coz he looks like an obvious highschool kid.
Unlike Robby who looks like a man's man now, despite being a short ass midget. (He looks like a typical pretty-faced Italian mobster.) Granted he just got out of juvie so of course he would look more like a man now.

Speaking of which, the big black guy who kicked his ass in Season 3, has a littler brother in seasn 4 who gets bullied by Lapusso's son, lol.
There's this new girl that everyone crushed over called Lia, who actually is really hot. She's the 2nd hottest woman from CC, after Tory.
Season 3 subverted every trope you'd expect from a Karate Kid sequel, and Season 4 subverts every trope you'd expect from a school drama.
I lol'd hardcore when it turned out that the new kid got catphised by Lupusso's son.
It's like a parody of Degrassi where the school babe is magically some nerd who's into video games but since this is Cobra Kai, they made it realistic and showed that it was just the Lapusso kid pretending to be Lia lol.

Devon Lee was a cool character but she doesn't even show up until episode 7 or 8.
She's basically some attractive asian nerd who (of course) is really good at math.
She gets along well with Johnny though coz she's also a hardcore nerd who's into martial arts movies from the 80s & 90s.

This brings us to Johnny. Season 4 really broke down his character as a mere product of the 80s. I don't even think he'll teach a class for most of Season 5 since he's going to Mexico to find Miguel before he finds his father.
Miyagi Do & Cobra Kai have coherent philosophies that were shaped by their environment. CC is meant to be military CQC. Miyagi Do is just basic traditional Okinawan karate. Then we get to Johnny's Eagle Fist Karate which is really just a nonsensical mess of slogans that emphasizes a mass-marketed version of 80s masculinity.
They try to illustrate to you that 2020s version of feminism is just as retarded, corporate & fake as 80s masculinity.

Overall the ending was a downer, even for the winners.
What has me excited though is Daniel finally teaming up with Chozen during the cliffhanger ending.
Xed51 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:56 am I'm not sure I agree it's the best one but I am constantly amazed by how good this show manages to be. I do miss Aisha (I wonder wtf happened behind the scenes for the actress to leave the show) and Stingray to a lesser extent.
Season 2 is easily the worst, but it was great at the time. Season 2 was the most anime, which is what made it fun but Season 3 & 4 do a better job of representing what martial arts is, a life philosophy. Season 4 feels like a Samurai movie with how each final karate match also reflected the inner conflict that the students were dealing with. With the winner of each match being the one with a stronger core philosophy.
All of them except for one, who won through a rigged match. A shame too, coz I wanted that bitch to finally have something to be happy about for once, AYY LMAO!

Aisha came back in Season 4 as a guest, and damn the bitch got obese. I did want to see her come back since her weight gave her a unique fighting style but now she's so fucking fat that she can barely move lol.
I get why Stingray isn't in it though, season 3 is relatively more grounded compared to S2 and such a goofy character would feel out of place.
Stinkray came back for Season 4 and he's still a joke. What I love about his character is how he's just one big Millennial joke. You can't really relate to him, coz you're too young. I can't relate with him either coz I'm too damn old. Stinkray is supposed to be the same age group as Dim Fool (The 30-36 age range), who are the 2nd most fucking annoying Gen Ys after the 1995 & 94s.
What makes the 1985-89 millennials so bad is that they were born in the 80s, but weren't old enough to actually remember the 80s. So they live out this weird internet meme version of the 1980s, much like how Stingray does. (He fucking reminds me of Ethan Ralph. Same voice & everything lol.)
Fan theories were all centered around Ali coming back to save Miguel's spine lol. I'm glad that did not happen, and they went with the more grounded scenario. It actually reminded of my dad, since he keeps getting laid with old highschool flames through facebook LOL.
"Look, she even put the face with the red cheeks. Does that mean she's feelin' hot? Gettin' hot?"
I laughed my ass off when Johnny fucked Miguel's mom, and then five minutes later he was having Miguel help him fuck his highschool girlfriend LOL!
The way Johnny & Danny's life philosophies constantly clashed with each other during Season 4, reminded me of my own interactions with my pops. My dad basically has the same exact passive general outlook as Larusso and he even had a somewhat similar upbringing. They both started out as mechanics and worked their way up from there.
Whereas I'm much more like Johnny. I'm fucking lazy, very hot headed, impulsive, and I really don't care about anything unless there's a hot girl to win over. Basically my entire attitude in life, is verboten in modern USA. Just like Johnny.
That's probably why Johnny hooked up with a Latina, where the masculine outlook is still respected.
I can't really find any hint that the two characters are related. They might still turn out to be though. I do wonder why Kreese would take a particular interest in her, though it might be just because she's one of the strongest fighters in the show.
In Season 4, Kreese is still strangely over protective of Tory. It's still hard to tell why. They make it look like it's because she's his strongest student. For some reason he seems to think of her as his ACE like how Johnny Lawrence once was. Which is weird coz you'd be thinking that Robby, who's Johnny's actual son, and the best damn fighter out of the entire show would've been his Johnny ZoomZoom analog.
Yeah I hope Chozen will have to return, considering Cobra Kai is getting Terry Silver back, and possibly the karate bad boy from KK3 (I forget his name, crazy ass dude who fights Daniel Laracist in the tournament).
I'm glad Terry Silver is coming back. Sure he was cheesy in KK3 (which is still the worst one of the original trilogy, but I don't hate it nearly as much as other fans, hell I quite like it) but Season 4 seems to be building up to such crazy over the top shit, he would fit right in with his weird ass acting.
Strangely enough, Season 4 wasn't that over the top at all. I like how the tournament was actually much more dramatic than it ever was, due to the new rule changes.
There were some insane fight scenes during the actual Tournament, but nothing crazy really happened outside of the tournament.
The season spent most of its time to show that Robby & Tory aren't actually bad people. (I thought Tory was way sexier as a remorseless psychobitch, but she's still fucking hot anyway.)

Park is so damn corny. I just can't take a Chink bully, who acts like he's Black, seriously at all. Although I've actually have been bullied around by Jock Chinks like him, throughout my entire life. (Even recently when I was at college.) They're usually the only people around who's dumb enough to bully me. I guess it must be a language barrier. Most people in the USA, will actually pull whomever aside if they see them arguing with me, to inform them that I might 'know people' or be 'connected' coz I don't look or act like a typical loner at all.
I do sometimes get into fights with non-Chinese Jocks, but it makes sense with that coz we're usually fighting over the same women. I have the ability to win over girls without having to play Sportsball, lol.

I'm not sure where they'll go with Season 5, but it'll most likely be a Corporate Franchise (Cobra Kai) vs a Traditionalist thousands of years of history (Miyagi Do Chozen school.) type of conflict.
That's one of the best things about Cobra Kai, and why it's still not boring yet.
  • Every single season tackles a new idea.
    Season 1 was about middle aged men not being able to let go of the past.
    Season 2 was about parenting issues & troubled children without a father figure.
    Season 3 was about learning how to evolve as a person, and that life can't be solved by an easy 1-size fits all philosophy. Hawk learned that the hard way when Tory went fucking insane.
    Season 4 was about Generational issues and how each age group is facing their own dilemmas, specific to their generations. Since ZoomZooms are still young, the season ends by saying that the ZoomZooms are still finding their own identity and it's up for them to decide without the older people making every decision for them.
    Too bad the Millennials get the short end of the stick, coz not only are they portrayed as a bunch of losers, they're portrayed as backstabbers too. I can't say I disagree, since it was millennials who fucked me over and I'm a millennial myself. I'm just a really old one who has more in common with Gen X.
Based off of how Season 4 ended, I'm guessing that it'll be about Big Corporate chains vs Family owned businesses. (Which Miyagi Do sorta is.)

Edit: I forgot to add that I think it's hilarious how Cobra Kai still seems to exist in a culture that resembles the 80s, where damn near everyone seems to know Karate. Even random Hockey players are busting out karate moves.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
vdartzzjer1
Heaven Smile

Post by vdartzzjer1 »

Making me one to see it now, my end off point Karate kid movie 3 i recall bor's batteing of what cut the wood in two Karate kid one bull'le see this kid geting the best pussy and he gets a hot fat tight lips mom to, you see remake one well Jackie Chan reading future now khin or chin jods better pay me in gold, the end good uncut one doing there best human him but The Foreigner one pople sleep on good call out the ishs taking power.
i come back for fat booty tight moors lips Asiatic hoe powerful est footer will no dick
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Jack wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:59 am Season 4 was damn good. I'm not sure which season I preferred, 3 or 4.
They did a damn good job at writing Terry Silver.
Season 4 is definetly my favourite, specificially for the Terry Silver writing. It would have been so easy to just bring him back as the maniac from KK3, but they went the extra mile.
I like how Terry Silver is still psychotic as fuck, but he's a much more realistic depiction of a high-functioning psychotic to the point that he's been living most of his life as a billionaire. (You need to be a legit psychopath to get at that level. The more obvious psychos like Vince Mcmahon or Trump are small timers when compared to insane motherfuckers like Bill Gates.)
They did establish that in KK3 with him dumping nuclear waste or whatever the fuck with just a signature. In KK3 he was just a charicature though. CK4 went through the trouble of showing how the hip lifestyle of a rich man, is just a cage that Terry built around himself to keep his inner animal from escaping.

Kreese's mistake was to try to awake that animal. It was very interesting to see how Kreese is nowhere near as broken as Terry. He acts like a controlling asshole, but that's only because he wants to empower the next generation so that noone goes through the same trauma as he did.
Meanwhile Terry is just manipulating people, for the sake of it. The flashbacks even imply that he was born rich, through his father. Which explains why he was the coward in the Vietnam flashbacks.

I never expected the show to go in this direction, but the writing is so good that it carries it. Seriously, why is the karate kid reboot the only show allowed to be good? LOL!
Speaking of psycho, Tory is still sexy as fuck.
Tory's titties get bigger & bigger each season lol. How the fuck does she do that? I assumed it was just a padded bra but you actually see a good amount of cleavage during the prom where her tits r fucking huge.
I hear they're fake. I won't speak on it until I've seen it in person. Rake needs to contact the actress and tell her that Danny "The Man" Dataly will agree to date her, if she gets me a cameo in Cobra Kai.

What I'm shocked by is that Robby is actually cool now. He finally got a decent haircut so now he reminds me of a young Tom Cruise, and he looks just as psychotic as Tom Cruise lol. He's actually the most manly & mature of the kids now. Rob got to fuck himself some Tory tho.
Yeah Robby was my favourite of the kids this season. Which is something I never would have anticipated, considering the past three seasons did such a good job of making me root for Miguel as Johnny's surrogate son.
The scene where Johnny mistakenly calls Miguel "Robby" in a drunken stupor was heart breaking. I see why Miguel went in search for a real father figure, but I still think he's acting childish. Johnny fucking made him walk again, when doctors claimed he'd be stuck in a wheelchair.

Miguel is still struggling with the idea that your mentor figures can be flawed and retarded. Meanwhile Robby accepted that, but went to the opposite extreme of trying to build everything by himself. Which led to him fucking up the black kid's training, and luring him into a life of violence.
Speaking of which, the big black guy who kicked his ass in Season 3, has a littler brother in seasn 4 who gets bullied by Lapusso's son, lol.
The writing in this show is so good, that when they introduced all these new characters related to Anthony's generation, I was like WTF? Who gives a shit. Only for them to develop the conflict to a point where I did give a fuck. I was actually invested in the black weeb kid's plight by the end of the season. Anyone I watched the show with, kept making jokes on how he would be browsing this website, LOL!

There's this new girl that everyone crushed over called Lia, who actually is really hot. She's the 2nd hottest woman from CC, after Tory.
Isn't Lia the 12yo kid going to school with Anthony and the black kid? I eagerly await the discord screencaps claiming you're a pedophile lol.
Granted they're probably older, but they look like a bunch of 12yos to me. People are getting shorter and shorter, gee I wonder why
Devon Lee was a cool character but she doesn't even show up until episode 7 or 8.
She's basically some attractive asian nerd who (of course) is really good at math.
She gets along well with Johnny though coz she's also a hardcore nerd who's into martial arts movies from the 80s & 90s.
Yeah she was funny, I'm assuming she was mostly introduced as set up for Season 5. Season 5 is not gonna be the final one either, it already wrapped up shooting lol. The show is gonna go on until Daniel and Johnny are as old as Kreese and Silver in-universe. (In reality Terry Silver's actor is actually younger than Daniel Lapusso KEK!)
Season 2 is easily the worst, but it was great at the time. Season 2 was the most anime, which is what made it fun but Season 3 & 4 do a better job of representing what martial arts is, a life philosophy. Season 4 feels like a Samurai movie with how each final karate match also reflected the inner conflict that the students were dealing with. With the winner of each match being the one with a stronger core philosophy.
I agree and it has gotten to the point where I wonder if Season 5 and onwards will outright deal with Qi or Chi. Of course it's implied in Miyagi-do's practices but they have not named it yet.
All of them except for one, who won through a rigged match. A shame too, coz I wanted that bitch to finally have something to be happy about for once, AYY LMAO!
Personally I believe Tory would have won regardless of the match being rigged. I heard a lot of complaints that the wins were not deserved, but I disagree. Hawk is the best martial artist of all the kids. Robbie had a chance to match him, until he realized that his way of life was throwing the black kid off balance, which in turn made him too emotional to properly focus on the fight.
I will say, Sam grew on me a lot too, mostly because of all the crazy style switching she was doing in her final fight lol.
Stinkray came back for Season 4 and he's still a joke. What I love about his character is how he's just one big Millennial joke. You can't really relate to him, coz you're too young. I can't relate with him either coz I'm too damn old. Stinkray is supposed to be the same age group as Dim Fool (The 30-36 age range), who are the 2nd most fucking annoying Gen Ys after the 1995 & 94s.
Yeah I was very glad Stingray came back, he's so fucking funny. Although don't forget he was bodying people during the school fight in season 2. Stingray is secretly a beast lol.

The little we see of his fighting style actually reminds me of Tekken's Bob.

I hope he gets a redemption arc or he gets turned into a full blown villain in Season 5 and 6 just so we can get more Stingray fights.
Park is so damn corny. I just can't take a Chink bully, who acts like he's Black, seriously at all.
Yeah I've never seen an asian person act black in my life. I've never heard an asian speak ebonics either. That is just so alien, I can't even conceptualize it. (Yeah I'm being sarcastic in case any autist were wondering)
Edit: I forgot to add that I think it's hilarious how Cobra Kai still seems to exist in a culture that resembles the 80s, where damn near everyone seems to know Karate. Even random Hockey players are busting out karate moves.
Every time a new season comes out I always think of getting back into Karate, because I realize how much it actually shaped my identity as a kid and how much I owe to it. Then I never do because I live in the real world, where most karate masters probably have no clue wtf they're doing. I really did not appreciate what I had as a kid, because I took it for granted, lol.