"Inclusivity is an ongoing education for everyone, and nothing is set in stone." - Tim Schafer
Fun fact: God of War is on sale right now, but the SJWs are trying to stop it!

Moderators: WhereGamingDies, Airport51

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Ghost in the Shell 2045

Post by Jack »

I liked it. GITS 2045 is written from a Japanese-perspective. So their perception of politics isn't as clouded by fear & emotional agendas as their American counterparts.
Granted, I think the reason why American politics is so emotional these days is coz the 'powers that be', understood that most people, can't comprehend anything beyond an emotional level. This is also the reason Dubya & Trump speak like morons & Obama spoke like a rehearsed Tv soap opera lawyer, they're just manipulating people into supporting them through their speech mannerisms. None of them actually speak like that in real life, lol. (They speak normally when off camera.)

2045's gfx are fucking shit though. There's a lot of badass gun fights & fight scenes which would've looked awesome with the old GITS Sac art style or with the PS2 cutscene gfx, but instead we get this flat looking, souless shit that I force myself to tolerate coz at least everything else is good.
The PS2 GITS game actually looks way better than 2045's gfx.
I was playing the Trials of Mana demo earlier and even that game has way better looking gfx than the garbage artstyle from GITS 2045. I'd say that GITs 2045 looks like a PS2 game, but I recall that God of War 1 & 2 look way more impressive than GITS does.

Anyway what matters most is that the writing is still good. I wasn't completely sold on the show until episode 5. That's when it gets bonkers.

I'm not sure why I'm seeing so many fucktards, claiming that GITS 2045 is about the horrors of capitalism. It really isn't, at all. GITS 2045 is actually commentating about how people cheat the system, using other peoples' money. That doesn't sound like capitalism to me. That sounds more like an American-Liberal. I specify American coz 2045 refers to Liberals quite a bit, but they're talking about Japanese-Liberals, who are Far-Right by American standards coz Americans have no standards, LOL!
https://tv.avclub.com/netflix-s-ghost-i ... 1842978446
Major Motoko Kusanagi and her counter-terrorism cohorts have been disbanded in the wake of a global economic meltdown, a freak consequence of a newly A.I.-automated war economy gone horribly off the rails. In the ensuing aftermath, Kusanagi and her team have since relocated to the sunny coast of California where they’ve taken on a new gig as private security contractors for a walled community of “one-percenters” who survived the big crash. An adventurous new take for the series, though one that’s all too quickly jettisoned when Kusanagi and company are thrust back into the fray to combat a mysterious new threat in the form of superhuman enemies known only as “post-humans.”
The original Stand Alone Complex series was as ambitious as it was consistent in its storytelling, tackling everything from crowdsourced criminal conspiracies, refugee crises, and the perils of an aging populace. SAC_2045 casts a wide net to shallower effect, touching on everything from systemic wealth disparity, a gallingly simplistic critique of the military-industrial complex, and ham-fisted literary allusions to 1984 that feel derivative of Kamiyama’s previous work on Stand Alone Complex, all crammed into the claustrophobic space of a 12-episode season. That’s without considering the aforementioned “post-human apocalypse” storyline, which starts only halfway through the season before petering out by the end.

In what way was it simplistic? Most people still have no idea how the war economy functions off of fake controversy. I think GITS retains and is still on top of its game when it comes to politics.
I was worried that it was going to become more "American' as in it would have no idea what Liberals or Conservatives are since the average American doesn't but GITS refreshingly keeps a Japanese political perspective.

You learn half way through the season that they officially blamed the economic default on governments, because it served as a convenient scapegoat for the real reason why the economy got reset.
It wasn't capitalism at all, they blame it on post-humanism LOL!
The overall plot is that there's a group of people who are trying to reset the social order of the world by causing instability all throughout the global economy by causing wars, rebellions and general anger throughout the world, against the 1%.
Since this is a Japanese-tale, it's actually taking the side of the Authoritarians, which I find refreshing coz I'm fucking sick & tired of the typical "Rebels= GOOD Empire= Bad!" style of story telling which is so rampant in American media these days.

Granted, the post-humans in 2045 are just cyborgs who mechanically process thoughts & actions at a much faster rate than normal. Or it's what I know so far. I only watched it up to episode 7.
I felt it was the best place to stop coz Pazu & Boma finally show up.

I was getting worried that they got replaced by the random Black guy who was part of Kusanagi's Ghost crew. Turns out that's just a merc they recruited when the major became a PMC and left Japan along side the other 3 World War heroes, Saito, Ishikawa & Bato.
I wish they gave the Black guy a better Code name, they just called him "Clown", because that's what Motoko calls him lol!
I feel that joke wouldn't translate well into English audiences coz they'd prob focus way too much on his ethnicity rather than what the joke was meant to represent. The GITS Section 9 crew would've treated any American regardless of their ethnic-origin as a Clown.
I know this for certain coz there was a GITS Sac episode where Section 9 were forced to work with American-Japanese from the American Empire, and they did not trust them at all.

At least with Clown, the Section 9 crew loved him. He just wasn't on their level, since the four Section 9 members who came to the USA, are all World War heroes.
You see this a lot in Japanese media. They'll usually accept a Black dude who tries his hardest to fit in with the main cultural unit, but they'll hate the fuck out of other Japanese-people who have completely become American.

If anything it's the same Gits that it's always been. It's Japanese Cyberpunk. What was always different about Japanese Cyberpunk is how the heroes are actually Authoritarians and even in Gits 2045, they're constantly making fun of typical Occupy Wallstreet types.
Since it's very Japanese (As in they always respect their elders.), they do actually take the side of these Grandpas who tried to rob a bank due to how their boss scammed them of their retirement funds & what not.

I like that Bank robbery episode, coz it shows that although the Major and crew are a bunch of fascist-ass Authoritarians, they're only Authoritarian as a means of keeping social order. They still hate it when they see people in positions of power, fucking over the little people. So every once in awhile, they intervene and right the wrongs, but they do so through the system. Since the Section 9 are basically Feds, LOL!

I highly recommend GITS 2045. If you're fucking sick and tired of clueless Americans trying to speak politics, but all they ever do is try to remake Martin Luther King Jrs. life story with trannies & robots or whatever.
(Kikeflix has a new cyberpunk film or series which recycles that same fucking plot over & over. They just replace blacks with trannies or something. Code 8 was the last Netflix movie I saw that was yet another hamfisted attempt at trying to retell MLK jr's story.
I fucking feel sorry for MLK, he constantly has fucking retarded White people, stepping all over his legacy with their dumb White people bullshit.

One thing about GITS 2045 that maybe confusing for most people is that when 2045 refers to "Liberals", they're talking about the Japanese LDP, which is why GIT's version of Liberals seem so traditionalist & conservative. They make a lot of reference about how the Liberals don't like the new Half-White Prime Minister, because they suspect that he's more loyal to the Americans than he is to Japan.

I haven't seen the whole season yet. I have 5 episodes left, but I doubt that it'll suddenly become shit.
If anything, the first episode was the worst, because it was nothing but action but the action was fucking ugly coz of the cheap-ass Nintendo-Wii gfx.
Last edited by Jack on Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
CENSORED
BANNED

Re: Ghost in the Shell 2045

Post by CENSORED »

I was planning to watch it tonight with a friend, I'll tell you what I think about it afterwards
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

The last 4 episodes of GITS 2045 are exactly what I wanted out of the series, a continuation of the procedural Cyberpunk detective political-thriller that the first two seasons were. Not that I hated the first half. The first half of 2045 was cool, coz it gave you a glimpse of the type of life that Kusanagi & Bato had back when they were fighting in the world wars. Although it was interesting, it felt more like a plot for a full length action film rather than the long drawn out military political-thrillers that I'm used to from the Manga & Gits Sac series.
Although we only get 5 episodes of true Gits Sac style story telling, I savored every minuted of it.

Overall I'd rank 2045 in 2nd place after Season 1, and Season 2 in a distant 3rd. 2045 only had like 1 filler episode, but even that one episode did a lot to establish the new world that Gits takes place in.
I didn't really like season 2 much coz it focused too much on the characters. Even fucking Pazu had his own episode, lol. I just feel that you don't need to know jack shit about the Section 9 crew other than Togusa. Togusa is an exception because he's the only human out of the entire crew.
Or at least the only normal human. Pazu is probably a human, but he's a gangster.
Pazu also didn't get a single line of dialogue in 2045, but that doesn't matter. There was no reason to use him coz Togusa has similar skillsets.

A lot of the criticisms about Gits 2045 really show to me that most of these idiots didn't understand the plot at all. Especially in regards to 2045 allegedly being a critique of Capitalism. Where the fuck do people get that idea? GITS 2045 is actually talking shit about Democracy & Twitter Cancel-culture.
It criticizes how democracies are just angry witch-hunt mobs acting as court, judge & executioner

I'm shocked that so few people understand that when it's so blatant. There's an app called Think Pol (as in Thought Police) which is just the twitter cancel culture which leads to real assassinations powered through the collective will of the majority-vote. In real life, the cancel culture only does character-assassinations. Although it can lead to deaths through anonymous drone strikes.
This is the main reason why I pretty stopped using all social media. Why make yourself a target? Even without social media, I still got character-assassinated anyway, coz that's how fucking maniacal the democractic-mob are.
NOTE: When I say democratic, I'm not referring to the American Democratic party. I'm referring to the actual governmental system called democracy. When Gits talks shit about Democracy, they're actually talking about democracy, the idea.

That review I linked to earlier is really full of shit.
and ham-fisted literary allusions to 1984 that feel derivative of Kamiyama’s previous work on Stand Alone Complex, all crammed into the claustrophobic space of a 12-episode season.
What does it have to do with the Catcher in the Rye plot-points from Gits Sac 1?
How was it clumsy? For fuck's sake, 1984 was only a story point in the last 2 episodes because a Middle school child was heavily influenced by the book. That's hilarious to me, this White fuckface is criticizing the use of 1984, which is a book that normally is read by Middle schoolers. Of course the stupid kid's understanding of the book would be superficial at best, but that's the point. That kid is showing to you an example, of the type of people who became Post-Human and how their cult formed. We're given the impression that Togusa joined it, or at least tailed them.

What I loved was how that 1984 book leads you to the climax of the season where we're eventually shown the origin of who the post-humans possibly are. I'm thinking that's who the World War Airborne Trooper is supposed to be, and he uses 1984 as a recruitment tool against the existing power-structure. We know he's not a completely evil guy coz we clearly see him gun down corrupt government/gangster officials & cops who were trying to cover up a crime by gunning down the kids who witnessed the cover-up.

The Airborne Trooper is a reference to the real-life WW2 Imperial loyalists who were often found living in the mountains of the Philippines, who actually killed a lot of the local people coz they thought that WW2 was still being fought even 20 years after it ended. That's what's being referenced in Gits, except within the context of WW4, rather than 2.

This is exactly why I have such a hard time taking White people seriously these days, like that imbecile who wrote that review. He clearly has no idea what he just saw, but then he dare calls the plot tepid when if he were actually smart, he'd know that all we actually got was a Prologue. The first 6 episodes were a side story about Motoko & crew living life as Mercenaries for hire. The next 6 episodes were transitioning into the main plot, but we don't finally get into the thicc of it until the final 4 episodes when the assassination of the kingmaker occurred.

White people these days, never seem to know what the fuck they're talking about any more.
It's as though Whites currently have the collective IQ of 80, this is why they're so religious & dogmatic. They need a skydaddy to teach them how to think. :lol:
I find it fucking convenient how the two 'White' groups with the highest IQ are the Jews & Italians, who are considered as Non-White.
What? Are they just too smart to be considered as White? LOL!

I love how GITs 2045 actually devoted an entire episode showing how a Half Jap dude (Who looks like a Blonde haired, blue eyed White guy.) became PM of Japan. During the first 4 episodes, I was worried that 2045 was going to be like most Western tv shows where everyone suddenly shows up as Black with no explanation involved. Thankfully 2045 didn't do that, they didn't force in a bunch of White people without explanation. It's actually a plot point. (American loyalists are rewriting Japanese laws to flood the country with refugees and creating fake Japanese nationals & passports that they give to illegal immigrants.)

It shows that they truly wrote 2045 for their Japanese audience. It kinda makes me wonder how a Whitebread White boi would interpret GITS 2045 coz Gits as usual, comes off xenophobic as hell.
They do at least write the White PM as a Japan loyalist, who was actually disgusted by how the American-Japanese political officials from the American Empire were tapping in to his office & listening in to his cyber-conversations with Section 9. I honestly wasn't expecting that.
I assumed that since he was White, that he'd actually be an American mole. Even 'John Smith' told him "I thought you were one of us?"

I fucking love it. Makes me want to watch through Gits Sac season 1 all over again.
What we got with GITS 2045 was basically a Military PMC movie for the first half, and a Police Procedural Political Thriller with the last 4 episodes. The 2 episodes before that were transitional episodes.

P.S. I get really sick of people calling me a White supremacist or Nazi when I'm not one at all. Which is why I'm constantly talking shit about Whites now. The irony is that it's American White people calling me a 'White supremacist' coz American people in general, are dumb motherfuckers who speak politics 24/7 but don't actually know anything about it.

I'm actually a Progressive by Japanese standards but that's coz Progressive means completely different things depending on the context of the nation that it's used in. Progressive in a Japanese context refers to how you believe in using Western tech & influence to gain power & uphold authority.
A Japanese Liberal is someone who wants to keep Japan, Japanese in its totality.
In Japanese politics, the conflict isn't Progressive vs Conservative, it's Liberal vs Progressive, but both parties are Conservative as in they both want to conserve the Culture & the Tradition.

The USA claims to have a conflict of Progressive vs Conservative but it's really just Foreign Corporations vs American Corporations, lol! You try to explain this to an American, their entire fucking brain shuts off coz they think Progressives are just SJWs and that right wingers are just Alt-right Nazis, when these are just Corporate factions that were made up to cause division among the people.

I bring this up coz it seems that a 2nd season of 2045 will talk about this in depth since it was leading up to it.
What I like about Gits is how our heroes are Authoritarian Pro-Government types, but they're considered as Cyberpunk coz we constantly see the Section 9 crew rebelling against the authority of other governments that try to lord their influence over Japan. The last 4 episodes of Gits 2045 were talking about how foreign money influences local politics, and changes the nation's traditions from within through the purchase of voting blocs.

This is like Killer7 all over again, where I'm one of the only English-speaking individuals, who comprehends the plot, while the rest of you dumbass White motherfuckers are out there arguing about how K7 is about 'God vs Satan' or something, LOL! Same shit with 2045. White bois are claiming that Gits 2045 is anti capitalist when in the 2nd fucking episode, they're directly making fun of Occupy Wallstreet types who had incurred large debts through College.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

I only watched the first few episodes and I can see why you'd say what you said. The friend I watched it with (who is american law enforcement) was utterly confused by the opening crawl stating that money lost all value, and then the main characters were seen using dollars to trade for food. He took the statement that money lost all value, literally in the sense that he thought nobody was using money anymore lol.
What the first two episodes were going about, is that the value of money is now decided by the war market, and some areas are kept as hotspot where mercenaries fight one another with whatever excuse to drive up the war price. Dollars are worth a lot less which is shown by having an apple cost 25$ or so.
It's an extreme scenario, meant to empower the richest 1% and drive everyone else into extreme poverty which is ironically what's happening now with the corona epidemic.
That's what Motoko is going on about, when she says that professionals just "play the game" while it's more dangerous to fight against kids who think they're getting killed for some cause. Professionals are aware that what they're doing is playing charades, to drive the war machine and the war economy. The main plot seems to revolve around one high level capitalist (the "good one percenter") financing fringe groups to run terrorist attacks on other high level capitalists. (Which are the only ones who had enough spending power before the collapse, to manage to keep some level of influence.)
It was pretty easy to follow, in fact it's basically the plot that MGS4 was trying to have before devolving into magical nanomachines LOL. I find it way more interesting specifically because it actually delves into the practicalities of living in that world, how ex-Section 9 members would organically find careers as mercenaries to survive in the modern economy. You even see them trade their wages for food and shit and they have discussions about how the new economy works, which never happens in MGS4 because Snake and Otacon apparently don't need any money to live or run their operation, and just sustain themselves on eggs because they own three chickens LOL!!
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Xed51 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:40 pm I only watched the first few episodes and I can see why you'd say what you said. The friend I watched it with (who is american law enforcement) was utterly confused by the opening crawl stating that money lost all value, and then the main characters were seen using dollars to trade for food. He took the statement that money lost all value, literally in the sense that he thought nobody was using money anymore lol.
What the first two episodes were going about, is that the value of money is now decided by the war market, and some areas are kept as hotspot where mercenaries fight one another with whatever excuse to drive up the war price. Dollars are worth a lot less which is shown by having an apple cost 25$ or so.
It's an extreme scenario, meant to empower the richest 1% and drive everyone else into extreme poverty which is ironically what's happening now with the corona epidemic.
That's what Motoko is going on about, when she says that professionals just "play the game" while it's more dangerous to fight against kids who think they're getting killed for some cause. Professionals are aware that what they're doing is playing charades, to drive the war machine and the war economy. The main plot seems to revolve around one high level capitalist (the "good one percenter") financing fringe groups to run terrorist attacks on other high level capitalists. (Which are the only ones who had enough spending power before the collapse, to manage to keep some level of influence.)
It was pretty easy to follow, in fact it's basically the plot that MGS4 was trying to have before devolving into magical nanomachines LOL. I find it way more interesting specifically because it actually delves into the practicalities of living in that world, how ex-Section 9 members would organically find careers as mercenaries to survive in the modern economy. You even see them trade their wages for food and shit and they have discussions about how the new economy works, which never happens in MGS4 because Snake and Otacon apparently don't need any money to live or run their operation, and just sustain themselves on eggs because they own three chickens LOL!!
That's not the plot at all you faggot, only watching the first two episodes & then trying to form an opinion on it, lol. That's the equivalent of forming an opinion on Breaking Bad off of a few episodes and then assuming that it actually had anything to do with Drug Empires, when that's actually just a background element that introduced you to the world of Heisenberg, "You're goddamn right."
You're one of those idiots who would go into every minute detail about Hesenberg's drug trade when the actual show just skips over the entirety of the Drug Empire plot, LOL!
Who fucking cares about the War Economy? They only talk about the War Economy because it's an economy that the AE can control & manipulate. The real threat are the Post-Humans, who are an unknown factor, they (AE) have no idea how to control or manipulate the after-effects & fallout of the actions of the Post-Humans who are causing chaos & disbelief in the worlds' social orders.
AE & Section 9 are trying to prevent a world wide anarchic-revolt.

It's actually all a cover story. Gits 2045 has nothing to fucking do with capitalism. That economic-default is just an entry-point to the story, but its importance on the plot lessens throughout the season coz it revolves more around a populist rebellion that wants to destroy the current social order, and Section 9 whom have been tasked by the American Empire to capture at least 3 Japanese nationals who have been identified as Post-Humans. The Post-Humans, are the populist movement. They don't explicitly state that, but it's obvious from their political targets. The True 1 Percenter funded Occupy Wallstreet types to start wars & sow chaos within the USA. 2 of the 3 Japs that we know of (The season ended before it could put a spot light on the female post-human.) are Japanese-Nationalists who are angered by the current state of the Japanese government, coz they believe it's being taken over by foreigners (Americans) through the manipulation of the votes & rewritten laws which allows refugees & illegal aliens automatic access into Japan.

The 1Percenter is just a prelude to the Post-Humans.
The first half of the season is just the Mercenary plot where the American Empire hired the Major's crew to kidnap that 1 Percenter, then planned to execute Motoko's team of mercs. No one knew who their true identities are until Aramaki stepped in, made a deal with the Japanese PM (Who's a White guy, lol.) which then lead to the POTUS of the AE to enact an executive order which spared Motoko's crew. Since they survived against the battle with the 1 Percenter, The newly formed Section 9 were then filled in on what the 1 Percenter was.
Note: Unlike Rake's dumbass plan of using Executive Orders to legislate Identity Politics out of existence. The POTUS using a EO to cancel the execution of prime assets is exactly how executive orders should be used. It'd be the equivalent of Trump using a EO to spare Assange. Not that he will coz Trump is an American buttfucker who is actually forcing foreign countries to de-legislate anti gay sentiment throughout the world.
_____

The 1 Percenter and some of his ilk did destroy the world economy but fake news was spread to conceal their involvement, coz they're treated as an Extra-Terrestial threat and have full confidentiality-status which was why the AE planned to execute the Major's team after they completed their mission.
The same shit happened in real life with the team who allegedly assassinated Osama Bin Laden.
It's what's most interesting about GITS 2045. They reference a shit ton of real life events, but they never hit you over the head with it.

The real conflict of the show is unknown. As I said, the first half of the season is basically just a movie broken into 5 or 6 episodes that introduces you to the professionalism & expertise of Motoko and her crew.
The 2nd half of the season is just a prelude to the actual conflict, which for now is about Post-Humans but for some reason the AE is trying to horde all information about them and are willing to eliminate anybody who finds out about their existence. The only reason why Motoko's crew even know about it is coz they were hired in a suicide mission that they were originally scheduled to be executed for, after the completion of the mission.

Watch the whole fucking season bitchass, then you'll start to understand why I'm laughing at the critics coz they obviously don't understand what they saw at all. Like you, they kept focusing on surface-level things that have nothing to do with the main plot. That economy stuff is just worldbuilding, not the actual conflict. I find it amazing that so many people think that the 1984 references were just inserted there as some act of navel-gazing & fart-sniffing when it's implied by the final episode that the book is actually a recruitment tool for a populist-revolt.
They don't actually say anything about populism throughout the show, but it's clear that that's what the Post-humans are meant to represent when you look at all of their targets. Their targets are often bureaucrats who enact policies that weaken the traditional-culture of the state. At least, this is so for the Japan portion of GITS 2045. The 1 percenter story line is just the American version of events since Americans are fucktarded and don't have a culture anyway, so of course they'd only give a shit about munny, AYY LMAO!

P.S. I too, noticed the similarities with GITS 2045's economy & the Corona Durpstate reaction and how it's increasing the gap between the poor & the wealthy.
I actually wrote that in my original post but I deleted it, coz I didn't want to turn the thread into another fucking corona thread.
Gits 2045 does show exactly how worthless money is during the bank robbery episode, but as I said, that's just background noise. A story element that merely supplements the plot. It's a symptom, not the root cause. We don't know what the cause is yet, our only lead are the Post-Humans, and whatever suspicions we may have about the American Empire.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Well no shit I'm only commenting on the first two episodes. That's the only ones I watched LOL. I promised my friend I would watch it with him ages ago, but he's actually busy during the day since homesec have to work still.
My point was that he was utterly confused when basic economy was brought up. (He's a good friend but he's not the smartest tool in the shed.)
I basically got the experience of watching the show with a geek/nerd who does not really understand how the real world functions.
It's actually all a cover story. Gits 2045 has nothing to fucking do with capitalism.
I would argue that while the main plot may not have anything to do with how the economy works, it's still important to have a grasp on what the characters in the story are doing and why. The person I watched the show with, had no idea what the fuck was going on at all. Because by reading through the intro, he thought money literally became worthless in the sense that it was not used anymore lol.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Xed51 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:03 pm I promised my friend I would watch it with him ages ago, but he's actually busy during the day since homesec have to work still.
My point was that he was utterly confused when basic economy was brought up. (He's a good friend but he's not the smartest tool in the shed.)
I basically got the experience of watching the show with a geek/nerd who does not really understand how the real world functions.
It's actually all a cover story. Gits 2045 has nothing to fucking do with capitalism.
I would argue that while the main plot may not have anything to do with how the economy works, it's still important to have a grasp on what the characters in the story are doing and why. The person I watched the show with, had no idea what the fuck was going on at all. Because by reading through the intro, he thought money literally became worthless in the sense that it was not used anymore lol.

If money doesn't matter then why the fuck are Motoko & crew, Mercs? LOL! Where do you think they got their gear from? It's common sense. The Merc is obviously working for money. I don't really know how he jumped to that conclusion coz I assumed that the Global-Default referred to the reset of the global economy. It wouldn't make the money worthless, it'd just deflate the value of currency. They even dedicate an episode to that, mid-season.

Not that it fucking matters since the only thing you need to know is that there's a faction of rabblerousers who are trying to dismantle all institutions of power, to sow mass-distrust towards the worlds' governments.
We don't know why they're doing it. We just know that they're trying to overwhelm the world with an onslaught of catastrophes that chip away at the Global Mechanisms that keeps the world moving.

It's just fucking annoying to me, how so many people focus on one little fucking thing when the actual show barely talks about it, coz it doesn't matter. It's just the conflict that gets the investigation started. The GITS crew don't even start investigating it until episode 7 coz they didn't even know about what really occurred during the Global-Default, until they were finally granted access to the information after an executive order was passed by the AE POTUS.

Nothing even happens in the first episode. It had no plot at all, and that's by design coz it comes off like a pilot episode since the rest of the season is nothing like episode 1.
Episode 2 also didn't have much happening, it just sets up the conflict for the first half of the season, where they eventually told about who caused the Global-default. The first half of the season is just a 6 episode long get-together of trying to re-recruit the Classic Section 9 as an official unit again, under the orders of Japan's PM, via AE's POTUS.

The conflict in the first half of the season is that the Japanese PM misunderstood the importance of the Section 9 members. He thought of them as expendable pawns since he believed that only Aramaki mattered, so he gave them away to the American Empire as sacrificial lambs for their top secret operation (so secret that even the operatives have to be terminated after the mission's success. Just like the Bin Laden case.) so that the USA would later owe Japan a favor.
The first half of the Season is about Aramaki pulling strings & calling up favors to retrieve Section 9 from the USA.
Well no shit I'm only commenting on the first two episodes. That's the only ones I watched LOL.
I didn't even have an opinion on the show after episode 2 coz there wasn't enough info to go off on.
I was still in the "This show is a dumpster fire" phase all the way up to episode 4. At that point, the show hardly feels like GITS. Then Episode 5 happens, ok now it's starting to feel like a Gits product. Then 6 & 7 happen, holy shit it really is GITS. it's yet again another story about a government-sanctioned rogue operations intelligence counter-terrorist group who first gather up all of the information they need to know, that's available to them at the time. (Episode 7) and then the following episodes are the Section 9 crew doing what they do best, investigating and trying to solve the mystery.

Unfortunately the season ends before it actually starts. I don't mind it though, I appreciate that it took them 6 episodes just to set up the prologue. It makes me think that previous 6 episodes were actually meant to be a movie since the first half feels nothing like Gits at all and some of the characters from that arc get written off of the show for the time being.

I waited until episode 7 until I finally had enough info to see where the plot was going. I was not disappointed by where it actually went coz the second half of 2045 Season 1, feels like a long lost third season of Gits SAC.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Cat
Bombhead Smile

Post by Cat »

Did you ever finish the show?
"Don't be crazy.
I would never go near such a poisonous flower.
She is carnivorous. She disgusts me"
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Cat wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:20 am Did you ever finish the show?
was the show ever finished at all? I remember they released half a season and I never heard anything else about it
Cat
Bombhead Smile

Post by Cat »

Time for some detective work.
"Don't be crazy.
I would never go near such a poisonous flower.
She is carnivorous. She disgusts me"