The perfect club to WINE and DINE, KILL and UNWIND. Heaven Smiles when you speak BULLSHIT, perhaps fate shall smile at you as well.

Moderator: LGBTQanon

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Creative or Mature animation

Post by Krizzx »

I miss the days where things like Liquid Television and Cartoon Sushi aired. It was an era where the. Back when MTV(Music Television) still play actual music and created cultural phenomenon. It was the birthplace or Beavis and Butthead, and Aeon Flux. The first time I saw Vermillion Pleasure Night, this is what it reminded me of.

Even children's cartoons like Gargoyles were more mature and better written then most of the crap we get no in the U.S. We need to see more stuff like Spawn and Sin City.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Re: Creative or Mature animation

Post by Iwazaru »

Besides Spawn, also Maxx

wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

The 90's was field with more mature animations.

I was sad at the way Duckman ended. They made it a cliffhangar to try to gain support to keep the show going, but it never happened.

Spice City was that type of cartoon that they would never make today. Violent and damatic with heavy adult themes.

Rake
MPD-Psycho
Preferred pronouns: Heaven/Smile

Post by Rake »

Basically anything Hanna-Barbera or similar

Humor grounded (in what was once) reality. Top Cat is a scumbag, Fred Flintstone hates his job. Authority figures are retards but not true antagonists. Made by highly technically skilled men who probably chain-smoked and had wives who made them casseroles.

Even the animals have hats and ties (funny).
ImageImageImage
Cat
Bombhead Smile

Post by Cat »

I don't know when it was officially decided that children's animation should be ugly and stupid, but it was very much the case even in my own childhood.
It's difficult to think of anything attractive at all besides Bruce Timm's Batman which was itself a mixed bag.
I'm excluding anime here, obviously.
Comparing the insipid and degenerated '80s and '90s to the creativity, talent, and care that was put into making children's cartoons in the '60s and '70s ought to get one asking questions.

Krtek

What is there to even be said about something without a single flaw?

Communication achieved through animation itself:
Wikipedia wrote:The first episode of the cartoon was narrated, but Miler wanted the cartoon to be understood in every country of the world, so he decided to use his daughters as voice actors, reducing the speech to short non-figurative exclamations in order to express the mole's feelings and world perception. Miler's daughters also became the bottleneck of the creation process as they were the ones who got to see the whole film first, thus Miler was able to decide whether the message of the movie was able to reach children or not.
Episodes produced from the '80s on aren't poor quality, but Peak Mole is up to around '75.
I recommend a legal acquisition, as the quality of the episodes on YouTube isn't great.
"Don't be crazy.
I would never go near such a poisonous flower.
She is carnivorous. She disgusts me"
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

get on my level check this out

/owned2
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation