Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

Iwazaru
qishmish

Nihon music thread general AKA they come from Japan

Post by Iwazaru »

Let's start once more.

_

Kokushoku Elegy

Kokushoku Elegy were post-punk/gothic-rock band with vocalist Kyoko. Band existed from 1985 to 1989, released three mini albums (EPs) and were featured on various compilations. In 1993 there was a release with all their recorded songs called "Esoderic Mania".

Image Image Image Image

Yamamoto Mie

Born in 1978. In 2000 had debut as musician. One year later she released her 1st album. Sadly, her career was not long. After some more releases she disappeared. A shame, as her songs and her singing manners were pretty catchy and engaging.

Image Image

wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Re: Nihon music thread general AKA they come from Japan

Post by Jack »

Daoko & Reol are like the modern Mie Yammato.

As in they're all really weird, kinda nerdy, awkward-but-cute girls who make Hip-hoppish music, but they inject so much of their own swagger into their tunes that it really doesn't sound like typical rap or R&B at all. Ironically, that's what hip-hop was originally supposed to be. You were intended to fuse your own swagger to the beats. Cats like Vanilla Ice got made fun of, not coz he was White, it was coz he was corporate-made as fuck.
Mie Yammamoto was actually an R&B artist. A lot of Mie's remixes used beats that sound a lot like Reol &
Daoko's. Mie seems to have the same problem as Tsubaki, they came 1 decade & a half too early.

Back in the day, Jap hiphop shit didn't actually inject much of their own culture into the music. They usually just went for a heavy New York influenced vibe coz that's where that bullshit music genre originated at, the Bronx. (Fuck the Bronx. I'm sick and tired of every random faggot bragging about how they're from the Bronx as though it were hardcore.)
The few artists who actually went with an original Japanese sound, went by unnoticed. Weird how it's exactly those types who seem to be really popular on the internet.

Hiphop was brought to Japan two years after it started in NYC and so it had basically the same origins as the USA but they underwent their own evolution from the 90s-2010s that's different from how the USA's turned out.
USA's hiphop seems to have digressed & became much more corporatized (that's why you see all of these weird LGBT rappers in the USA, It makes no sense. They'd get their wig split on the streets were they not corporate made and hiding behind a bunch of bodyguards all the time.), whereas Japan's has gotten weirder.
Back in the 90s, Jap Hiphop was just as scary and intimidating as American Hiphop was during the 90s. Both rap cultures have been softened up & became much less street during the 2010s, but at least Japan survived it by making their shit even more weird than it already was.

Back in my day, it was really girls like Rumi who made that weird shit.

Gotta love how she flows like Rah Digga. Rumi was still street as fuck though, she was just weird. Daoko, Mie & Reol are weird & nerdy. The main difference is that Rumi's tunes are scary as hell, especially Sanagi. Too bad no one has that uploaded. W

I like this new weird turn that I'm seeing though, coz it seems much more Japanese now. Back then it was mostly shaped by rich Japanese people (as in so rich, they have fathers who own the Empire State Building.) who lived in the USA before.
It actually sounded gutter & street, but the average Jap can't relate to that since the average Jap has never lived on USA streets. I think the way J-hiphop used to be, started to lose relevance when the godfathers of the jap rap game all started dying off one by one, lol. It's always conveniently an illness or drug-related, but somehow connected to the Yakuza.

That's beside the point though. What matters now is the new sound I'm hearing, which is being cultivated by nerds. I'm not saying that as a derogatory, Reol actually is a nerd. She started off as just a video game cover artist for Hatsune Miku or something. I don't know much about Daoko, buy she has the same exact weirdness as Mie Yammamoto. Back in my day, Jap divas were glamorous as fuck, and were actual legit models, like the singer Tyler. Who was a very attractive, tall & leggy Japanese woman who looked like a Latina & her music style contained a lot of Latin vibes, along with the standardized Shibuya sound which mimicked The Bronx.

Weird how I can't find anything about her on internet at all, at least nothing that doesn't lead back to me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tyler-Amethyst ... 2551431884
Here's a cd to show that she existed. She was fairly popular back in the 90s but I'm guessing Japan has really moved on from that era. She made some chill music like "On & On". I have it, guess I'll upload it to the blog some time.

Holy shit New Fuki song! After months of so much fucking teasing, they finally released a new full length joint. These bitchasses fooled me several times into watching their premiers which just end up being short songs for random ass Anime that I don't give a shit about coz I really don't know anything about modern animu.
The new cut though, is hype.

It starts off with gravely Death Metal growls from some dude. I thought it was the drummer at first. (Who may I add is talented as fuck.)
Her Goddessness Fuki, doesn't grace our aural sensibilities until the :58 sec mark but when she does, the song goes by so fast that you don't even notice it's 4 minutes long. Fuki looking fucking hot as always.
It's weird, I'm normally not into that whole midget gothic loli thang, but something bout dat bitch just holds my attention. I dunno what it is, coz she's even kinda flat, no A$$ at all, but still hot.
To top it off she has a very strong & unique voice. She has a typical Jrock singing style, she kinda reminds me of Kamijo from LaReine. Except ya know, she's an actual chick, LOL!

This is the first track I heard from the Fuki version of Unlucky Morpheus (she's not the original vocalist.), and I've been listening to that cut nearly every day.

She looked like Bloodstained's Miriam in that vid. She was coot in that, but she's really good looking in the new vid where's she's dressed like a traditional Japanese woman in a yakata.

Lately I've been listening to a lot of Chisato Moritaka

never heard of her back when I lived in Japan, but she's like 50 years old now, and she's still hot.
Her 80s tunes were really great though, she was like a Traditional wife version of Madonna, lol.

Now this group, I did hear a lot of in Japan back in the 90s.

I always called it the Tekken 3 song coz they say "Jin" over & over.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Noacceptance772
Camellia Smile

Post by Noacceptance772 »

Quick announcement that Tsubaki has decided to return to music.
She'll this time be "TJ" (Tsubaki Japan) and she released a song "Big Running Man".

Her blog: http://tsubakiandtsubaki.blog.fc2.com/
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Wow, this was sudden.

Well... you can't escape music. It's always inside ya. Regardless if you are public musician or not.
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Noacceptance772 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:08 pm Quick announcement that Tsubaki has decided to return to music.
She'll this time be "TJ" (Tsubaki Japan) and she released a song "Big Running Man".

Holy fuck I'm in love. Hook me up with the mp3 when you get it. I'll buy myself a copy off of Amazon if it doesn't suck. You never know with her man. She can't produce music worth shit, but she has the voice of Angellsss.
EDIT: How the fuck do you view her blog? I always get a "This site can't be reached" message. I'm guessing it's prob coz I live in the USA. The rest of you fucks are from Europe.

In case peeps are wondering why I & the other cat are so hype about her.
This is why. She has the most soulful voice that i've ever heard from an Asian person.

I completely lost contact with the dude who ran that channel. I'd add him on the Switch had I kept muh 3ds coz that's where I was fwendz with him.

It's funny, I've had the ability to upload hd vids since late 2016 but I haven't uploaded shit since then. I keep getting requests to update, but I'm too lazy. At best, you'll just seem rip albums at this site's blog.

LOL Tsubaki has to be in her 40s by now. 40 is like the new 20s though. Kim Iversen is 40 and she friggin looks 23.

Speaking of which, I loving me some of dat Shachi. Her music is smooth-grooves.

She's really cute when she gets gangster.

I liked that one punchline she had where she says
"Who are you? You're just an internet fan. You're useless."
You'd never expect such a cute Jpop chick to be so gritty. She can flow really well too.

This is prob my overall fave music vid for the time being.

It's basically like a Phoenix Wright pose-off match, except they're dancing. The babe is choreographed & corporate. She came with an entire army to dance off just one old man. The old geezer is soulful and dances like Michael Jackson.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
Noacceptance772
Camellia Smile

Jack wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:41 am
Noacceptance772 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:08 pm Quick announcement that Tsubaki has decided to return to music.

Holy fuck I'm in love. Hook me up with the mp3 when you get it. I'll buy myself a copy off of Amazon if it doesn't suck. You never know with her man. She can't produce music worth shit, but she has the voice of Angellsss.
EDIT: How the fuck do you view her blog? I always get a "This site can't be reached" message. I'm guessing it's prob coz I live in the USA. The rest of you fucks are from Europe.
Will do when it is "Fully released". Tsubaki said something about Coronavirus stalling the release of the song, so on all sites where it is for sale it is listed as "Out of stock".
Does it work when you open it in a private tab?

Also, Tsubaki is about 40 now? Well damn, she doesn't age. Here's some recent pictures of her from her blog:

I swear I'd pop my veins for another Tsubaki ballad composed by ADYA (the person behind Keep Moving On and 宛先のない手紙).

Speaking of music, I finally managed to purchase "SO WET". someone was selling it New with delivery via Amazon so I didn't have to deal with "Sorry, this seller doesn't post to the UK".
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Noacceptance772 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:14 pm
Will do when it is "Fully released". Tsubaki said something about Coronavirus stalling the release of the song, so on all sites where it is for sale it is listed as "Out of stock".

Also, Tsubaki is about 40 now? Well damn, she doesn't age. Here's some recent pictures of her from her blog:
She should be. She was already 21-25 back when she debuted in 2001 within the Urban underground scene. I was 17, so she was a milf to me, lol.
I swear I'd pop my veins for another Tsubaki ballad composed by ADYA (the person behind Keep Moving On and 宛先のない手紙).
I doubt that she still has corporate connections. She used to have the same producers as Hirai Ken.
Speaking of music, I finally managed to purchase "SO WET". someone was selling it New with delivery via Amazon so I didn't have to deal with "Sorry, this seller doesn't post to the UK".
I thought you bought that a long time ago. I remember being sent some of those tracks and I was not impressed. I have no idea what happened to Iz. I don't really keep in contact with anyone any more so I lost a lot of my connections to that biz.

I've been hearing some good shit on youtube though. Haruka from Tears of Tragedy is prob the only singer I've heard since then, who is nearly on par with Tsubaki.

This sounds as beautiful as a Tsubaki interlude.

She has a damn great voice, and she controls it so well.

Anly is really great too. She's like what a Jazzy Tsubaki woud've sounded like.

Tsubaki can actually play the piano, so her doing acoustic stuff like this isn't out of her range.

Honestly, I always felt that Tsubaki would do way better as a lead singer for a rock or jazz band rather than being an R&B act. Tsubaki may have the looks & the voice, but she doesn't have the charismatic showmanship of a Daoko or the writing and production ability of Fayray, Mika Nakashima, & Anly.
Tsubaki has some hardcore savant-syndrome. She's extremely talented at singing, but she seems to need someone else to direct her.
Her first major label album was like a joint-effort between the New Yorkers who managed her, and the Hirai Ken producers which is what resulted in her distinctive & unique sound during her 1st major label album, Camellia. You could hear influences from both her urban hiphop roots & the more controlled corporate sound. The 2nd album was full blown corporate which is why it wasn't as good.

Fayray is actually still making music, in New York, lol! It's funny, she was a big time music artist in Japan who made it into the Top 10 almost every single time and now she's just some random American dude's wife.

This sounds similar to her Italo disco era though. Fayray's voice mang. Damn it's still as orgasmic as ever. She still looks good as fuck too, and I know for damn sure that she's in her 40s.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Noacceptance772 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:14 pm
Jack wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:41 am

Hey man nice to see you here
Noacceptance772
Camellia Smile

I GOT IT TODAY. Let's see how this goes!
ImageImageImageImageImage
EDIT:

Okay, so I listened. Big Running man is not to my taste. It seems she took a direction with that one she never took before.
"Only You" sounds okay though. Sounds like something that belongs on Cottonvoice.
Her new website is
EDIT: https://k53195.wixsite.com/tj-tsubaki
EDIT: Jesus Christ; looking at everything, I'm getting a very very unsettling feeling about this whole thing.
Here's a Youtube video I just found,

All this is produced by Joe Igarashi. Who the fuck is Joe??
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

LOL you watch SomeOrdinaryGamer too?
Where'd you get it from? I was expecting the worst, coz I've already heard the garbage that she produces by herself, but that actually wasn't bad. I won't be buying it though, lol. At least she didn't lose her voice like I speculated nearly a decade ago. It turns out that her voice was only cracking coz that's how she directs her own music, LOL!

This sounds a lot better (better as in it's "MEH!" instead of complete trash like her self-produced shit.) coz some random dude produced it for her. It sounds like Tsubaki is trying to be a wannabe Chisato Moritaka, who's a 50 yr old pop chick who's still hot as hell.

Chisato's music is addicting as hell though coz she has a voice that matches the poppy nature of her music.
At least TJ's gallry pics in that site look good.

She must've had a great make up team back in the day, coz she didn't look Asian at all back when she looked like that.

She actually used to look Hungarian or Hispanic, lol.
Now that was fucking great songs. I wish she still made tracks that. Those were back in the days when she had New York gangsters producing her, lol.

When listening to Running man, I couldn't help but notice how much T's voice clashes with the production style. She has this big diva-ish voice but she's singing over some pop track, lol. It's not a bad song though. It's just something I won't be listening to.
The goal for her was always to become a pop-star, but I always assumed it'd be in the vein of Mika Nakashima & Fayray. Fuck mang, that's who TJ needs producing her music. ICEMAN.
Imagine Tsubaki singing an epic ballad with that beat. Shit, that'd prob be an instant Top 10 oricon hit at number 10 for a week, lol.

If only Tsubaki had Iceman. Daisuke from Iceman was who produced Fayray when she first came to Japan (She's actually from the USA like me.) and she was in the top 10 oricon ever since she debuted.

LOL this is an upload by Kax.

By the way, have you listened to anything recent by Mika? That bitch is hilariously lazy as hell. She used to be a way bigger star than Koda Kumi but she's fallen off big time coz she hasn't done anything in the last 8 years but rerelease her old music in shitty ass overpriced compilations lol.

As for Tsubaki. Like I told you before, listen to some Tears of Tragedy. She sings like oldschool Harlem-era Camellia.

FUcking crhist that voice. I normally don't like Metal due to the shit singers, but Haruka's voice is the voice of angels, LOL!

If only Tsubaki would sing cuts like that.

Anly is coming up with a new track within a few days.

Imagine Tsubaki's voice on that track. That'd be some hot shit. Tsubaki should've stuck with the acoustic guitar vibe. All of her best songs are with the acoustics, but she only did the acoustic stuff back when New Yorkers produced & co-produced her songs.

Anly's been dropping a lot of new shit within the last month, and they're all bangers. If only Tsubaki were a singer songwriter of this caliber coz that is some good soulful music. Her voice is nowhere near the level of Tsubaki, although she can sing up to that caliber during lives. For some reason Anly's produced music never sounds as good as she does live.
WTF even goes on in Tsubaki's head when she writes her own music? She like doesn't understand basic music theory at all. I gotta open up a thread where I post up my beats coz I make a lot of cool chill relazing sounding shit that's heavily inspired by oldschool Streets of rage like Slow Moon.

Were it not for the likes of Haruka, Shachi, Anly, Reol, & Daoko, I'd prob think that Japan had fallen off big time coz Namie AMuro is retired. Ayumi Hamazaki is still shit like she always has been ever since she ditched her Urban hiphop roots. Kumi Koda still prospering but her music was never that goo imo, lol. Koda is a pure Pop R&B hiphop diva though which is what I thought Tsubaki was going for back in the day.

Imagine Tsubaki singing over Shachi's songs.

Especially this beat.

Tsubaki would rock that track, especially if she took the same song direction that Shachi did with her rap.

I swear why is it that only Tsubaki has completely shit music-senses when it comes to producing her own shit?
Even Shachi's solo stuff is mostly produced by herself. I can't even get into Shachi's mainstream corporate popgroup bullshit (it's just generic Weeb shit.), coz it completely lacks those chill Oldschool Streets of rage vibes that her solo act has. What's funny to me, is that Tsubaki knows how to play the piano. You'd be thinking that with her voice & piano-skills, that she could just make bank off of a shit ton of self-produced piano ballads. Instead she's always doing this weird shit. Big Running Man is actually the best sounding of the weird shit that she does though, coz it's the only one that doesn't make me shut off the song in disgust over the complete randomness that I'm hearing lol.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage