"Inclusivity is an ongoing education for everyone, and nothing is set in stone." - Tim Schafer
Fun fact: God of War is on sale right now, but the SJWs are trying to stop it!

Moderators: WhereGamingDies, Airport51

CENSORED
BANNED

Castlevania season 3 coming out on March the 3rd

Post by CENSORED »

https://www.ign.com/articles/netflixs-c ... or-march-5

Very excited for this, I really enjoyed the first two seasons
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Re: Castlevania season 3 coming out on March the 3rd

Post by Jack »

It was ok. It turns out that Carmilla is actually a moron (and this is canonical in the show.) and that she only came off as smart coz everyone in Drac's court didn't want to speak up about how fucking retarded his plan was.

I like how there's 4 stories going on at the same time but only the Trevor/Sypha one matters.
Alucard's story is a complete waste of time. I thought it was actually building up to how Alucard came to Japan in Aria of Sorrow but that didn't happen. They introduced a time traveling, dimension jumping element to the story so I firgured that was going to play into it with the two two Jap weirdoes that he trained in Season 3. Instead, they rape him, LOL!

Sypha made yet another Goat-fucking joke. The beer is better than sex joke was also pretty funny coz Sypha was offended by it.

Issac has the 2nd most interesting story where he's still building an army to get revenge for Vlad. We finally meet Grant Dynasty (At least I think that Black Pirate is supposed to be him.) Issac quotes Castlevania 2 and he even fights the Legion.
The only thing interesting about Camilla's story is Hector. I'm not really sure where they're going with Hector though. I'm guessing he's going to be a reverse-Issac who hates all Vamps.

The Trevor Sypha storyline is awesome as usual and it was written like a sidequest from Witcher 3. The entire village gets slaughtered.
Cool cameo by Vlad & his bitch, Alucard's mommy. The plot twist with the mayor could be seen a mile away but it was still effective. It really makes me want to see a Casltlevania openworld type of RPG with this style of writing coz it really reminds me of Witcher 3 in that the actual plot is "fucking nuffing happens" but the sidstories are interesting.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Yeah season 3 was a mixed bag for me. I liked the Trevor/Sypha storyline and the Isaac one.
The Hector storyline was just wheel spinning, to get to the same exact point where we left him at the end of season 2. (He's a human pet to a vampire, and Carmilla is going to march on wallacchia. Except we now introduced her clan, which is interesting but nothing of value happened at all.)
The Alucard storyline didn't accomplish anything at all. Just some character development that doesen't really impact any of the events of the show. If anything I think the story would have been better served by not having Alucard at all, and just showing the impaled corpses as a twist whenever Trevor and Sypha came back to the Belmont hold. That would have been more powerful because now that we know the reason for Alucard killing people, they're fucking stupid LOL.
When did Isaac quote CV2? I must have looked away or something. I did think that him meeting the old lady at the abandoned village was in itself a reference to CV2 (the last village in the game is empty save for one old lady.)
His fight with the legion was my favourite part of the season, though overall it was all build up to season 4 and I think it could have taken less time (in 12 episodes they introduced and killed off dracula, now they took 10 episodes just to reestablish that carmilla wants to invade wallacchia, isaac is building an army and alucard is distrustful of people lol.)
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Xed51 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:40 am
When did Isaac quote CV2? I must have looked away or something. I did think that him meeting the old lady at the abandoned village was in itself a reference to CV2 (the last village in the game is empty save for one old lady.)
"What a horrible night to have a curse."

You faggot ass bitch. You don't recognize that quote?
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Jack wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:33 am
Xed51 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:40 am
"What a horrible night to have a curse."

You faggot ass bitch. You don't recognize that quote?
LOL of course I do, I must have missed it in the actual show for some reason
redrum
Duplicator Smile

Post by redrum »

still haven't seen past season 1 yet, but i'm looking forward to picking apart the story.
i guess warren ellis got canned for bagging some broads or something. so it goes.

trevor ("ralph" in japan) and sypha have needed a nice backstory for quite some time, so this could be good.
i think all we had were a few throwaway lines in cv3, curse of darkness and that goddamn judgement fighting game.
(NOT acknowledging pachinko game!)

i'm guessing alucard was just there for fanservice.
it would be difficult to write a story with him involved that hasn't been told in one way or another.
anything with him is all very reminiscent of oedipus in a strange sort of way.

isaac was a pretty obnoxious character in the games. hector was equally annoying in just how dumb he was.
going against dracula after he hooks you up with mad skillz is kind of a death sentence.
carmilla's original concept was that of the blood countess elizabeth bathory in bloodlines, which would've been way better to use.

at the end of season 1, where they said "the three of us will destroy dracula", i was pretty ticked off on grant danasty's behalf.
hopefully he shows up as more than a side note (as he did in mirror of fate) #JusticeForGrant
check out my site -
REDRUM'S DOMAIN
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

It diverges from the games quite heavily; it's basically a different story told through the same lore and rules. Carmilla for example is an actual character with goals and side characters connected to her. (In the original games she just appeared twice as a boss fight lol.) Hector and Isaac have completely different personalities, Death isn't a thing and so on.
A lot of people hate it for that apparently, I don't really give a shit about "faithful adaptations", I like it for what it is. Season 3 in particular isn't really based on anything from the games. (While S1 and 2 are based on backstory from CV3, SotN and Curse of Darkness.)
If I had one criticism is that I wish more iconic bosses from the games showed up, Isaac fights the Legion in S3 and that was probably my favourite scene. (Yes I know that Slogra and Gaibon show up in the show as well. I mean shit like frankenstein's monster and the mummy lol.)
I think Warren Ellis's contribution to the show was overstated in the first place. I don't think he did anything but write dialogue. He openly admitted to never having played the games at all, and yet the script incorporates all sorts of obscure castlevania lore such as the devil forgemasters and the show has easter eggs everywhere. Which shows to me the actual mind behind the show (that indian guy whose name I forget) actually is very much familiar with the games. Besides the cursing, the show plays out like nothing else Ellis has ever written lol, it's actually quite tasteful, you wait three seasons to see a nipple compared to all the disgusting shit that goes on in Ellis's comics
redrum
Duplicator Smile

Post by redrum »

Xed51 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:12 am I don't really give a shit about "faithful adaptations", I like it for what it is.
well it shouldn't follow the games completely, if it did there wouldn't be much to tell.
the entire endeavor would have turned out as lackluster and nonsensical as the salamander/life force anime did back in the 80s.
we wanted space battles, not a horribly executed history of the bacterian war.
with that, they crossed the streams and they paid the price and they never did it again.

so i'm still not happy about grant being left out, but it's a compromise -
so we don't have japanese indiana jones here writing up animes.
check out my site -
REDRUM'S DOMAIN
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

redrum wrote: Sat Aug 15, 2020 8:21 pm
Xed51 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:12 am I don't really give a shit about "faithful adaptations", I like it for what it is.
well it shouldn't follow the games completely, if it did there wouldn't be much to tell.
the entire endeavor would have turned out as lackluster and nonsensical as the salamander/life force anime did back in the 80s.
we wanted space battles, not a horribly executed history of the bacterian war.
with that, they crossed the streams and they paid the price and they never did it again.
Don't even waste your time. There's like only two scenes worth seeing and they both happen in the same episode.
The Castle fight, where you hear Bloody Tears as the bgm.

And the Dracula fight.
Everything else is just boring ass filler, that's inspired by Game of Thrones. I didn't mind it when I first saw it, but holy crap is it boring when you try to rewatch it. You literally just watch the final episode of season 1, and the last three episodes of season 2 coz everything else is completely irrelevant.
so i'm still not happy about grant being left out, but it's a compromise -
so we don't have japanese indiana jones here writing up animes.
I'd rather have him writing the anime, he'd at least keep the cathlocism in. For some reason the anime likes to downplay that the Belmonts are powered up by supernatural Catholic bullshit, when it's always been a part of the lore. In motherfucking Season 3, we have fucking dyke vampires who add nothing to the plot and Alucard gets raped by a bunch of random japanese kids.
I'm not exaggerating, Alucard legit gets raped by Japanese teens, LOL!
Name me one thing that Iga has done, that was just as bad as that? At least Iga doesn't try to be edgy, for the sake of being edgy. There's a priest dude in Season 3 who randomly just kills kids for the hell of it, coz he can, lol.

I reallize just how much I hate this show when trying to rewatch it. It's fucking awful.

Have you played Smash Bros Ultimate yet? That game has the most accurate depiciton of Simon Belmont. He looks like a fucking barbarian.

Drac is in it too, and he mimics the SOTN Dracula artwork.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
redrum
Duplicator Smile

Post by redrum »

Jack wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:13 pm Everything else is just boring ass filler, that's inspired by Game of Thrones.
ok so THAT'S what is wrong with it.
i couldn't put my finger on it because i don't watch that crap, but i understand now.

shit felt like a chore to get through, i didn't watch season 3 and i think i'd have to be pretty bored to do that.
Jack wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:13 pm Name me one thing that Iga has done, that was just as bad as that?
never forget

and with that, i think we all can fully appreciate that this series has suffered enough.
it's been a good dog, but it's time to put it down. go get my gun.

the destruction of konami has had many casualties, and we all have blood on our hands.
konami-man was ruthlessly murdered, his corpse paraded through the streets past the former KCET studios.
konami-girl was unceremoniously dismantled and used for scrap in parts of their horrible pachinko machines.
and pentaro? well, pentaro was behind it all the whole time...
yeah, i see you motherfucker.

while I'm somewhat relieved we didn't get that weird looking sequel to SOTN, it's disheartening that things went down the way they did.
shigeharu umezaki must be openly weeping to see his creations dismembered like so many k-marts and circuit city stores.
i guess all we can do is play you a song...

nos vemos
check out my site -
REDRUM'S DOMAIN