You should've killed yourself when you had the chance, BITCH!!

Moderators: RecycleBitn, AdolfHitler

Iwazaru
qishmish

Re: hey, this is a nice hotel

Post by Iwazaru »

I was fan of Yamaoka music for many years so ofc its disappointing how he ruins Takada stuff.

Liked some of 25w tracks though. But imho best songs in 25w were those electronica chillout ones like this, by other composer.

wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

redrum wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:13 pm
Xed51 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:29 pm I am not really a fan of Akira Yamaoka's remixes of Masafumi Takada's music.
yeah he really mangled the shit outta those tracks, hm? i was starting to get the idea he didn't like Takada after hearing some of them.
don't get me wrong, the silent hill OSTs are fantastic, and most of the tracks on SC25 are pretty damn good, but the remixes were unfortunate...
Takada's music is absolutely fine as it is.

this port/remake looks pretty slick. considering i need to play it through from scratch again, this is perfect timing.
ran into a few updates for it,
KILLER7.UPDATE.V20181116.RAR
KILLER7.UPDATE.V20181123.RAR
KILLER7.UPDATE.V20190119.RAR
though it doesn't really specify what they do.
perhaps they're just bugfixes, but i'll plug in the 2019 one and see what happens.
You need to install all the updates in order. It's mostly some added options plus the english subtitles, which improve the experience dramatically, at least for me
redrum
Duplicator Smile

Post by redrum »

yeah that ended up being how it had to be done.
kinda threw me off, as i ripped bloodstained a few days ago and the most recent update was the only one necessary.

feels good to start this game from scratch again.
it runs really solid and looks much better, the polished graphics really suiting the cel-shaded style.
my controller kind of sucks, but that's the breaks.

nice feature, being able to change characters by pressing a key.
it really speeds things along and you end up shifting personalities more often, since you don't really have to stop the gameplay in order to do it.

also found a mod known as killer7 Engrish Dub 1.0.0
This script renames folders and files to change the voices of the remnant psyches to the Engrish ones when you play in any language besides Japanese and the muffled ones when you play in Japanese.
To use this script simply drop in the root of the killer7 folder and run it.
To restore the original voices just run the script again.
https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/file ... grish-dub/

gonna go through it regular type for now, but i think i'll try this on my killer8 run.
check out my site -
REDRUM'S DOMAIN
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

redrum wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:29 am yeah that ended up being how it had to be done.
kinda threw me off, as i ripped bloodstained a few days ago and the most recent update was the only one necessary.
Hey mang Rum, how the hell do you do finishers in Darkstalkers 3 anyway? I'd rule as Morrigan, but I can never hit her super moves when I want to.

BTW, do you buy any retro consoles at all that emulate old systems, like Super Retrocade? You seem to be the type who would. I've been looking for one that can run Xbox & PS2 games. I already have supre retrocade but OpenEmu's recent update on Mac makes it obsolete. Openemu runs Gamecube games now.

https://gpdxd.com/ Seems like what I'm looking for, but it's as tiny as a fucking 3ds. I just want something that runs PS2, Dreamcast & Xbox games, along with all of the classic 32 bit - 8 bit systems.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
redrum
Duplicator Smile

Post by redrum »

Jack wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:21 pm Hey mang Rum, how the hell do you do finishers in Darkstalkers 3 anyway? I'd rule as Morrigan, but I can never hit her super moves when I want to.
just gotta git gud, i guess. endless hours spent in training mode with pretty much everybody, and again when i got my arcade shtick.
you wanna set 3P & 3K to their own buttons, rather than the darkforce defaults, and use those to execute your supers.
EX & DX options allow every character to double jump, and to start the round with a stock of specials built up.
the PSX version is the only one with this function, has ALL the music & characters (except D), Marionette & Shadow (more like 'modes' than characters), etc...
the only really hardcore finisher i know of is where Lilith chops them in half with her mock shun-goku-satsu if you finish the match with it.

although Morrigan does have a much better ...moveset
Jack wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:21 pm BTW, do you buy any retro consoles at all that emulate old systems, like Super Retrocade? You seem to be the type who would. I've been looking for one that can run Xbox & PS2 games. I already have supre retrocade but OpenEmu's recent update on Mac makes it obsolete. Openemu runs Gamecube games now.
i had one of these 400-in-1 systems when i was locked up. it had about 180 nes games on it and the rest were shitty pirate and bootleg games.
it has tv support, turbo controls, and a pretty decent battery life. managed to score 4.5 million on gradius on one of these.
haven't really fucked with anything more complex with that yet, as my psp & wii are modded to run everything up to around gba era.
i have a hard time justifying paying for anything when most of it runs decent on PC, as long as you have a good controller and a good chair.
although there's a lot to be said for having everything ready to roll without having to dick around with configuration settings.
Jack wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:21 pm https://gpdxd.com/ Seems like what I'm looking for, but it's as tiny as a fucking 3ds. I just want something that runs PS2, Dreamcast & Xbox games, along with all of the classic 32 bit - 8 bit systems.
these things look pretty good, but yeah it's small and the controls look to be in a really awkward part.
with handhelds, so much shit can go wrong and durability is a big concern. i'd check the reviews on how well it holds together.
the FC280 i had was falling apart by the end of things and that was my second one.

not sure if anyone has ripped & tagged the SC25 soundtrack yet, but i've got it. surely not as good as the original but i'll put it up somewhere soon.
check out my site -
REDRUM'S DOMAIN
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

AFAIK og xbox emulation is still very bad aside for small number of titles, therefore people are pushed to purchase Xbox One X just to play NG Black in 4k/60
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
HOUSELANDER
Spiral Smile

Post by HOUSELANDER »

Oh you,i noticed you commented on silver case playthrough the Kamuidrome chapter.
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

the way to beat darkstalkers 3 is to play it on a sega saturn with 4MB expansion cartridge and pro skills
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation