Status Report

Fix that shit, mothafucka! I told you, nothing works, nothing worked, nothing will work. You can't fix this degenerate non-culture of our non-society, so shut up and fix this damn site already! What are you looking at? (๑•̀ㅁ•́๑)✧

Moderator: Xed51

Xed51
Giant Smile

Status Report

Post by Xed51 »

As of the 31st of January, the website's layout is completely finished. I have been posting some of my writings on it, and I'll keep doing so at a slow pace as I have been quite occupied with my real life hobbies and jobs.
I should be free to do some more involved stuff in a couple of weeks; before then however I will find the time to write some of the basic stuff that is still missing (such as short introductory blurbs for each of the game, and cast lists.)

For the benefit of any possible newcomer to this website, updates will not be frequent specifically because I spend most of my time offline. My hobbies are mostly related to nature and I have actual (that is to say, paid) writing gigs to occupy my time. Running a Suda51 fansite is just my hobby, and I make no money off this website, I in fact put money into it to keep it running.
I also currently lack any interest in covering any of the post-2008 games in-depth, though many people on youtube and other platforms have done so and I will raccomend their works in several occasions.

I recently finished collecting (nearly) every single piece of Suda51 related merchandise I could get my hands on to, and I will be posting scans and pictures of the more relevant passages or just random thoughts about it.
The few things I am missing are the following:
- Fatal Frame 4
- That Evangelion game that GHM made (I can't remember the title off the top of my head)
- Samurai Champloo Sidetracked Official Soundtrack
- Moonlight Syndrome Visual Guide Book
- Moonlight Syndrome Novelization
- Michigan Official Guide Book
- Contact Official Guide Book
- No More Heroes Perfect Bible
- Fatal Frame 4 Official Guide Book
- Sdatcher Drama CD

It's all stuff I can easily get my hands on (save for the Samurai Champloo OST which is, for some reason, extremely rare) but I am in no hurry to do so since it's not really as relevant as the merchandise that I do have. I tend to try and purchase everything, because I'd rather rely on stuff that I actually own rather than look around for scans and what not.

I have instructed Qish (Iwazaru on this forum), who handles most of the technical stuff, to grant me admin rights on the forums, and also to provide an 18+ warning which will serve as the frontpage for the actual website.
(Obviously, with it being mostly a Killer7 fansite, it should be implied that only mature audiences should partake in it, but I don't trust the english/american side of the internet to have that kind of wisdom.)

For anyone who might be unaware, these forums changed hands many times due to different service providers constantly being bought out. The last owner was Tapatalk, a platform I straight up do not trust since it kept stuffing the forums with ads, social media integration & donation requests that had nothing to do with their purpose. For that reason we pretty much let the forums die and just shitposted about whatever subject came to mind with the few users we had. Hence why I decided to move to a platform I actually own and control, rather than one that keeps being passed around like a volley ball.

Once I have been given Admin priviledges, I will start looking into the forum sections and aesthetics.

I would kindly ask all of our remaining users, to move their discussion to this place while we wait for Iwazaru to make everything public again. I am currently trying to find a way to back up the old forums but I am encountering several difficulties due to Cloudflare blocking any service that automates offline website backups; which I of course cannot deactivate, because Tapatalk does not allow for actual ownership of your own fucking message board. I am confident however that I will find a solution, even if it involves just me ramaging through the archives printing out PDFs of the most relevant discussions.

I will be posting a short list of rules soon after.

Xed51
Giant Smile

Re: Status Report

Post by Xed51 »

I have a bunch of things already done that I need to post; However, I am having an issue with my left eye which prevents me from spending too much time in front of the screen and I need to put together some pictures so it's gonna take me a few days to recover

Xed51
Giant Smile

Post by Xed51 »

I am at a point where I think the website should be made public, I labelled all the stuff I'm still working on as "work in progress" and I am about to post more soon, I only need Iwazaru to provide me with a 18+ warning page that will replace the current work in progress page https://www.paradisehotel51.com/ and redirect to the main website
I also added a link to the current forum on the main menu

Xed51
Giant Smile

Post by Xed51 »

My apologies for my long silence. Unfortunately due to the lockdown, I had to take some more writing gigs because I don't actually have any other way to make money while incarcerated in my own house. Therefore I spend so much time writing for money, I haven't really felt like working on the site or replying to the various threads recently. Tonight or tomorrow night more realistically I'll take some time for myself to update the website with some stuff I've been meaning to post for a while.

Xed51
Giant Smile

Post by Xed51 »

I am currently stationed at my summer home because the heat wave in my home city was (legitimately) killing me; Therefore I've had more time to update the website but unfortunately I don't have access to my collection currently (which is safe at home.)

I posted two articles and I updated the Boonus Footage page for each of the games. The Bonus Footage sections contain random shit I wouldn't really post anywhere else, like archives of old websites, ads, screencaps, videos and what not.

Here's a list of things I plan to post in the Bonus Footage pages once I'm back home:

- Scans for the Moonlight Syndrome manual
- Scans for the FSR manual (I might scan the DS one as well)
- Scans for the Killer7 japanese and western manuals
- NMH1&2 manual scans (though I don't have a japanese copy of nmh1)
- Screencaps of all the unique conversations in No More Heroes (that is to say, the ones that don't repeat on a NG+. I took all the screencaps already, I was just too lazy to post them before going on vacation lol.)

These are personal notes for myself, in case I forget.

For anyone who's interested, this is a vague schedule on how I plan to proceed.

Once I'm back home, I'll finish setting up the Merchandise sections by organizing my collection. I will then work on the Other GHM section because that's mostly going to consist of merchandise I own for said games; as I stated multiple times I don't really care enough about them to write down a full analysis.

If my business keeps going well (I'm not going to make any promises because anything could happen. I recently had to invest a significant sum into replacing some faulty equipment, but other than that it seems to be doing fine. A second lockdown seems to be a possibility however.) I should be able to take a few months off of work starting from October or November. If that comes to pass, I'll be able to just sit down and play the games again while taking notes which is honestly the most time consuming thing I have to do. Afterwards I will move on to writing for the analysis pages, and the character profile pages. I estimate it's gonna take me three or four months, during which I should be able to dedicate myself fully if, again, my business keeps running at the same pace that it has been since the end of the lockdown.

After that, the website should be finished or at least on hold until a translation for Moonlight Syndrome surfaces. I don't plan on covering anything coming out in the future, unless a surprise Silver Case sequel comes out or if that Killer7 Director's Cut actually does become a thing (I'm not really interested in the NMH games past 1 to the point of doing writing on them. Though I do plan on playing 3.)

Xed51
Giant Smile

Post by Xed51 »

I'm mostly finished going through all the merchandise stuff:
https://www.paradisehotel51.com/sin/ms-merchandise/
https://www.paradisehotel51.com/sin/tsc-merchandise/
https://www.paradisehotel51.com/sin/fsr-merchandise/
https://www.paradisehotel51.com/sin/k7-merchandise/
https://www.paradisehotel51.com/sin/nmh-merchandise/
https://www.paradisehotel51.com/sin/202 ... -material/
Some stuff is still missing obviously, mostly the various limited edition boxes, but the more time consuming stuff I wanted to scan or archive is out of the way, I'll go through the manuals I have and then I'll go back to the silver case summaries. (I plan on going in this order, TSC, FSR, 25W, K7 and no more heroes. If moonlight syndrome gets miracolously translated by someone though I might drop everything and go through that.)
My estimate that I might have finished the website by march or april of next year seems to be holding up well, outside of some unexpected expenses (once again to replace equipment lol. THough this time it was more of an upgrade than a replacement.) things are going well business wise leaving me enough time to wrap things up here.

Xed51
Giant Smile

Post by Xed51 »

Here's some more stuff I posted these days
I added scans from the syndrome games here:
https://www.paradisehotel51.com/sin/201 ... /ms-omake/
I added scans from the memorize in the merchandise page:
https://www.paradisehotel51.com/sin/ms-merchandise/
Killer7's manual:
https://www.paradisehotel51.com/sin/201 ... /k7-omake/
no more heroes 2 hopper's edition:
https://www.paradisehotel51.com/sin/202 ... s-edition/
NMH1 and NMH2 manuals and a whole bunch of screencaps from unique stuff from the game:
https://www.paradisehotel51.com/sin/201 ... nmh-omake/
I think I'm not forgetting anything but yeah, I'm going back to the summaries tomorrow

Xed51
Giant Smile

Post by Xed51 »

I updated the site to include the scans provided by BigManJapanSC
I also want to apologise for my prolonged absence but I'm going through some shit in my personal life right now

Sal
Heaven Smile

Post by Sal »

No worries! I hope everything works out for you, also thank you, for the continue work!
Also thanks to Iwazaru and BigManJapanSC.
- k7 fan for live -

Xed51
Giant Smile

Post by Xed51 »

Sal wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:19 pm
No worries! I hope everything works out for you, also thank you, for the continue work!
Also thanks to Iwazaru and BigManJapanSC.
Oh hey no worries, I'm glad you enjoy the site, again I am always surprised when I find out someone actually reads it LOL!
Things are already being "worked out" in the sense that everything is planned out but I have to wait out the short windows between lockdowns to take care of things
That's not talking about the various recent personal tragedies obviously, just the practical stuff I have to do to settle my job issues
I have been doing some stealth work on the website but I haven't posted anything yet, I still have to post one of the trailers and some other stuff BMJ sent me (I haven't even looked into backupping his youtube videos yet)
I also do a lot of grammar edits and shit like that but I don't bother to post about that