The Man, the Myth.. The Missing? Q spoke to me, "Mr. TD is trapped in the Black Lodge. You must Kill the Past to free him."

Moderator: MagnificentTerrorism

Deep
Spiral Smile

Re: No More Heroes | Topics

Post by Deep »

No More Heroes 3 is a big "fuck you" for anyone who looked forward for something substantial. Suda haven't made any above average game since 2008 (NMH1 was the last one). That's more than a decade we're talking. I hate to shit like that, but I think he isn't capable anymore. Game is lacking in features, and not only that, everything is lacking. You can't even compare it to the previous titles.

Gameplay-wise: 1st and only NMH1 is good. 2nd game is okay, but little off at times. World Ranker didn't even survived. TSA is just bore-fest from beginning to the end, all good parts were in TSB and focking faxes by Kurumizawa. There is nothing wrong with battle system in TSA, it's all smooth and funky, but gameplay is just boring, put you in sleep. 3rd game is a luckluster. They added jump and glove from TSA, but took away combo variations, darkstep, different wrestling moves, can't even punch and kick anymore, really? Game feels more like NMH: TSA 2 (yeah, backwards) with all the assets from TSA making comeback in NMH3. You don't fight humans anymore, so there is no blood on screen. It's also quite stupid, when all the characters talk about "bloodlust" of Travis, when there is no literal or metaphysical blood anywhere to be found on screen (we do have few sub-human boss battles, but the rest of the game is just sparkles and shit, aliens do not bleed red blood in this game). Dissapointing.

Okay okay, so I went with the idea of fighting alien forces (keep in mind, I didn't followed the game whatsoever, so I went open-minded about it). Yet again, to be dissapointed again when some assholes just stealing kills with no apparent reason. In whole game we fight, what 4 of 10 aliens were supposed to battle against? This just cruel. I've got the joke on rank 7, but then...this is really a big fuck you to the player. Suda really did "subverted" my expectations. From 3rd game you expect some improvement on existing formula, right, not going back in evolution! So, what do you do? Three random alien fights and then boss battle. Where are the levels? I mean actual pre-boss stages, what the fuck dude? Instead I'd go to kill some random aliens? For what? Do they stand in my way or something? No, Travis is just goes and anihilates them for no reason! In regular stages there are some kinda threat going on, while you defend yourself and make your way to the enemies boss. There is no point in these "designated battles" at all. I guess Suda makes a point that 3rd game is just pointless bullshit with straight face. And it was intentional. How can you do that without being sure and thoughtful about it.

Something wrong here. I don't want to believe in that shit. They didn't had enough time to develop a proper game? They didn't had enough money to develop a proper game? Publisher pushing release dates to crunch? What's going on? They really expect us to believe that this is full complete game? I've paid $54 for that game (eShop price is $74, nintendo just hates Russia) and for 10 hour game it is quite expensive. If price would've been like 1/4 of that amount, that would be fair, but not over a fifty, no-no.

Boss battles is easier than the main part of the game. I've beat all bosses under two minutes. Without any strategy or thought involved. Braindead kills. I've played on Bitter and they didn't stand a chance. What a joke. Is that what devs wanted to tell us? While at the same time regular enemies are tough and take time to actually kill. Bad balacing of battle system? Who knows. Also, Xed pointed out grinding sessions that take a lot of time to earn money, I have to disagree. After rank 7 I had over 200 000 of in-game money. I just sold all of the crap I get from battles and bosses. Make three basic chips for glove and then did 3 "assignated" battles before each boss fight until the credits rolled up. I did few "free missions" in the beggining (those with waves system), but then I dropped then altogether. By the end of the I had over 300k and no place to spend them lol (maybe just for gatcha machines).

They brought back open-world, but half-assed, like the rest of the game. Why have a big map where there is nothing to do! Collect cats, scorpions, cards, destroy statues and grow plants. Really, thats it? I went exploring (with jump button now being in the game) only to find invisible walls everywhere and zero point of exploring the map. Collectables aren't worth shit if they don't have anything behind them. Like if you get some new powers, new moves, new abitities. They got rid of old bike (Scpieltiger), now we riding on boring Akira bike. You can't knowdown palmtrees, can't to endless drift with endless nitro, can't jump with bike, just ...ride forward. There are no shops, no gyms, nothing to do really...its just pointless. Also, can't have customizations for Travis clothers (aside from pre-made ones) and switch between different swords too (now it's just all in one sword), also, no dual wielding as well.

They did bring some new minigames, which I find refreshing, but they kinda pointless. Six side jobs, you do them once and you're good to go. But they dragged them out by a mile. What was the point? Just to spread out the game time of the game, so it wasn't that pointless in spending so much money on a 1 hour game? Same goes for waves missions, I don't even wanna bother finish them all, not to mention collecting everything on the map. There are zero reason to do it. Game doesn't tell you if it's something useful or not. Cards and scorpions gives you money and exp, but I don't need it anymore (almost maxed out all stats). Once again, Pointless!

Story is just a shit-show. Nothing make sense, there is no deeper level of meaning, it's all surface level. There are zero meaning in 3rd game, period. All the good stuff was scraped and left out. Henry appearance was a surprise to me, but it's also was meaningless. I mean, VO dude isn't even Irish! That's one of the key characterstics of Henry character itself. His coming wasn't anything special and was totally pointless! Cameo for sake of cameo. Same for every other character making appearance in the game. What the point of Shinobu and Bad Girl being in TSA and 3rd game? Absolutely fucking zero! Bad Man getting killed was so hilarious, like it was supposed to be big plot twist (bishop in nmh2?). Nothing make any sense anymore, it's everything is just dissapoints me to the deepest level of empathy for gmh.

Suda decapitates Travis twice (maybe more) in the game. Is that the actual reasoning behind all the mediocre stuff going on within the game? He is so tired of NMH that he wants to destroy it? Marvelious will see how poor game perfomes and they leave him to not to make 4th game (or whatever bullshit they could come up with). I mean, everything (NMH2, WR, TSA, NMH3) it just an unnecessary waste with little to none creative spirit of ghm we used to love. That's the keyword, "used".

For other matter I have adress GODAWFUL quality of textures that couldn't load at all on almighty UNREAL, bad lip-syncing, subtitles that doesn't match with voices (they have random speed in some cutscenes). Other than that, game perfomes well enough. My friend said that in portable mode game loading takes forever. I dunno, since I played thru the whole thing in dock mode. Also, no memorable music. Can't recall anything aside from NMH3 animeopening before each chapter, but that's just nmh1 theme remixed.

But with all the shit talk on the game I had a few laugh moments and I kinda dig premise of boys from the black hood taking over the galaxy, it's kinda hilarious. Sonic Juice seems to be a calm and collected dude, pretty cool alien. Too bad none of that is trully implemented in the game. First hour was quite immersive to me, but then it's all boiled down to easy bosses, uninspirted dialogue and sudden cameos with zero reasoning behind them. I admire the fact that game is still selfaware for most parts and don't afraid to adress that within the game (unlike 2nd one). That one small touch made me feel like I'm expiriencing nmh1 once again. But that thing didn't lasted long at all. And unlike TSA, there are were some different type of gameplay (music chairs, horror midori, jrpg with sonic), but still not very memorable, as whole experience is.

I'm dissapointed, truly is.

For now, all I wish is proper F.S.R. re-make-master and no more sequels to any of ghm ips. Make a new one Suda, goddamnit!

Quick update: I've managed to collect every piece of collectable stuff (Moai Heads, Cats, Cards, Trees, Dopplegangers). They have 0 value, and just give you money, exp and t-shirts. Not worth bothering at al...however there are three adventure type stories (TSB-style) that worth checking out after the main story. All side jobs, free fights and obligatory fights - are not. Same for beating Deathman arcade game. Map is 65% closed down and rest of 35% is even more restricted due to vast amount of invisible walls and zero reasoning for exploration. All you will find is low-rez textures. Im clocking 21 hour rn, and it seems there are no point in continuing to explore the game. Maybe I'll check CR difficulty level, but that's it.
kill the past
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

No More Heroes 3 is a big "fuck you" for anyone who looked forward for something substantial. Suda haven't made any above average game since 2008 (NMH1 was the last one). That's more than a decade we're talking. I hate to shit like that, but I think he isn't capable anymore. Game is lacking in features, and not only that, everything is lacking. You can't even compare it to the previous titles.
There's a new chapter he wrote for the 25th ward which feels very much in line with the rest of the game.

(The other full new chapter, Yuki, was written by Masahi Ooka so I guess it doesen't count. It ties all the way back to Moonlight Syndrome though. Blackout is also new but that one is more of a meta joke.)
Which makes me think he's still able to write in his older style, he just chooses not to.
Why put in any effort, when mongoloid mutant americans will fanboy over your shit regardless?

No More Heroes 3 brings me back all the way to 2010, because we're all seeing an actually smart person, dumb himself down in order to appeal to literal subhumans. Americans might as well not be human beings anymore considering all the genetic experimentation they go through.
Gameplay-wise: 1st and only NMH1 is good. 2nd game is okay, but little off at times. World Ranker didn't even survived. TSA is just bore-fest from beginning to the end, all good parts were in TSB and focking faxes by Kurumizawa. There is nothing wrong with battle system in TSA, it's all smooth and funky, but gameplay is just boring, put you in sleep.
I hear this from everyone, but I actually had fun with TSA, more than I ever did with any other GHM game. That's probably because I always played it in co-op though. When you're playing co-op, the down time in skill charging is nearly zero, because you got 8 skills at the same time, so there's nearly no cooldowns. (You're meant to play the game by spamming skills every time you got them. Regular attacks are only there for the weakest mobs.) There was also some build variety in picking out chip skills, as opposed to NMH3 where you're just stuck with the same four chips the entire game.
Why do you think the faxes were from Kurumizawa? Yeah when you visit the 25th ward he claims to be Juvenile's ex-boyfriend, but I assumed Klark was a different character altogether, seeing how he was ex-CIA. It's not like it matters in the big picture, seeing how NMH3 dropped everything that made TSA interesting, I'm just curious.
ANyway I disagree that all the good parts of TSA were in the visual novel segments. I thought those were the least interesting, considering the entire point was to fellate Travis Touchdown as this god-like classic videogame protagonist, as if he were Dante from DMC (codeword for, as if he starred in actual good games lol.)
The videogame worlds he explored were legitimately more interesting to me. Life is Destroy had a cool tease for sequels too, considering Mr. Doppelganger was based on a real life serial killer, but when you get to meet him in NMH3, he's just a collectable that nets you a shitty shill t-shirt for Unreal Engine LMAO!!
https://gameinfinitus.com/guides/no-mor ... e-to-find/
He's not even part of the story. That's just fucking sad.
Something wrong here. I don't want to believe in that shit. They didn't had enough time to develop a proper game? They didn't had enough money to develop a proper game? Publisher pushing release dates to crunch? What's going on? They really expect us to believe that this is full complete game?
I explained it in the previous post, GHM had the No More Heroes IP on lease for five years, during which they developed both TSA and NMH3. TSA had next to no voice acting or cutscenes, and the assets are a lot simpler, so they could focus on developing the story & gameplay more.
With NMH3, I think the aim of doing a high-LOD open world game was misguided in the first place, with such a strict time window. Scrapping the entire premise was not a good idea either. (The game actually does have high-LOD textures, they just don't load because they would tank the framerate LOL!! Travis' room gets completely glitched out if you bother collecting the figurines.)
I understand what they were going for, they tried to make a game with more mass appeal to build up the new GHM after TSA was seemingly a more personal project. They made the same exact mistake in the 2010s though, with games such as Shadows of the Damned, which supposedly had more "mass appeal", but it ended up selling less than the silver case lol. (I'm not 100% sure of those numbers but the sales were abysmal.)HD assets take up a lot of money & time, the company had neither.
You'd think they'd learn. NMH3 had massive advertisement behind it and it doesen't seem to be doing much better than TSA. I actually saw more enthusiasm for TSA online, than I do for NMH3 now, a brand new release.
Also, Xed pointed out grinding sessions that take a lot of time to earn money, I have to disagree. After rank 7 I had over 200 000 of in-game money.
I never said it takes a long time. I just said it's soul crushing. All you do in the main game is drive to an icon on the map, click on it, and get transported to a UE tresting room to fight the same waves of enemies.
All main content is like that, and all side content is like that. Side missions just have you fight even more waves of the same enemies, up to 25 lol. You can skip all of it, but that's still the actual content of the game.
The endgame is just grinding rare materials from replaying death difficulty bosses over and over. I don't see a point, because all that nets you is overpowered stat chips that you won't use for anything, because you already beat the game on the highest difficulty available, WTF?!
Deadly Premonition 2 is the same, where the entire gameplay loop revolves around farming for materials to improve your stats to play through combat scenarios, you already beat and were already easy.

What the FUCK is up with story driven japanese games, being turned into "Open world" grinding simulators? Noone in the world bought DP2 to farm materials to possibly build a necklace that gives you a 5% bonus in attack power, and nobody bought NMH3 to grind arena fights on a shitty overworld map over and over again.
They did bring some new minigames, which I find refreshing, but they kinda pointless. Six side jobs, you do them once and you're good to go. But they dragged them out by a mile. What was the point? Just to spread out the game time of the game, so it wasn't that pointless in spending so much money on a 1 hour game? Same goes for waves missions, I don't even wanna bother finish them all, not to mention collecting everything on the map. There are zero reason to do it. Game doesn't tell you if it's something useful or not. Cards and scorpions gives you money and exp, but I don't need it anymore (almost maxed out all stats). Once again, Pointless!
Yeah every side activity in this game rewards you with either money, exp or t-shirts. It's weird how there isn't even unlockable concept art or something. You can buy some figurines from the gacha machine, but it's actually pointless because buying them fucks up the LOD in Travis' room so you can't even see them with their proper textures.
Henry appearance was a surprise to me, but it's also was meaningless. I mean, VO dude isn't even Irish!
the OG voice actor was changed because he's a twitter rapist
https://gamerant.com/metal-gear-kingdom ... cusations/
my usage of the term "twitter rapist" is actually sarcastic, because the guy went to court over the allegations and won lol.

I still think the dude sounds like a loser, who never got pussy as a young man, but that's not a good reason to lose job opportunities. I am thankful every day that I'm not an american, land of the free where being accused of anything is enough to have your career ruined.
In-game, I guess it's explained away with Henry getting his real memories back after being brainwashed, but it's not like it matters because the entire plot is a rick and morty style "lolsrandumb" joke.
Suda decapitates Travis twice (maybe more) in the game. Is that the actual reasoning behind all the mediocre stuff going on within the game? He is so tired of NMH that he wants to destroy it?
For that to be true he'd have to be lying. He's constantly shilling no more heroes every chance he gets. Even in the interview where he explains the five year IP lease thing, he keeps spitballing ideas for sequels and spin-offs and what not.

Some outlets keep reporting that he "announced the end of the no more heroes series" when he actually says the opposite, every single time he is interviewed so obviously they are fucking stupid.
https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/no ... ms-3031182
He stated multiple times that he plans to have a No More Heroes 4 come out, with Travis in the role of a mentor to a different protagonist. More recently he even walked that back, and apparently he wants NMH4 to pick up from the cliffhanger of 3 and keep Travis as the MC.
“If I were to make No More Heroes 4, it would probably be in about 10 years or so, both in real life and in the game’s time,” Suda explained. “A lot of Travis’ story reflects that of Rocky Balboa. In No More Heroes 4, Travis would go up against a super hardcore enemy [from] up north who is basically the No More Heroes version of Drago from Rocky IV.”
I don't buy this idea that Suda is self sabotaging, or making self parodies at all. This is the man's job, he's not some millionaire artiste, on some level he has to make stuff that he thinks will sell. Hence why his personal projects are all on a microbudget.
First hour was quite immersive to me, but then it's all boiled down to easy bosses, uninspirted dialogue and sudden cameos with zero reasoning behind them
Yeah for all its faults, the game has a strong start. That's when you're still assuming that the game will open up as it goes on. It really doesen't though, you've seen every single enemy type by the end of the first proper chapter, and you've got every single skill by the end of the second, except for the unlockable ones that don't really work that well. Once you start playing on death difficulty you realize how poorly implemented the combat system is. You get locked into those sword QTEs during combos outside of your control, but that doesen't give you i-frames during recovery, so bosses can finish their wind up animation and one shot you during them. You're supposed to mash Y during Mustang mode, which you can even unlock so that it plays every time you do a darkstep dodge, but the game will actually put your inputs in a queue so million stabs can randomly start after a mustang mode combo and that can also get you killed randomly. Not to mention all the times when I couldn't see attack wind-ups at all because of all the particle effects and shit on screen, plus the huge roulette icons. The timing for darkstep doesen't even make visual sense a lot of the time (Yes I am aware that your aim turns purple when you are meant to dodge. For once that's not even true a lot of the time, but secondly, sometimes darkstep will trigger when dodging despite being far away from the enemy, and sometimes it will not trigger when you dodge right through an attack), and the fact that it has a completely different animation than your normal dodge doesen't help things either.

I noticed the same thing in regards to bosses being much easier than designated fights, but I assumed I was overlevelled, or that higher difficulties might fix it. On higher difficulties though random mobs still have more inflated health pools than bosses lol, I don't understand it at all.

It's not even worth discussing though because who the fuck would buy a GHM game expecting some great hack and slash gameplay experience? Even the Switch has Astral Chain which despite running at 30fps, is actually a much better game overall. More visually stimulating too, because NMH3's art direction is complete ass.

NMH3 is the kind of game you buy because you have a parasocial relationship with the developer & with the influencers pushing the game, and you think of them as your friends that you are supporting by wasting your money on this bag of piss (kinda like onlyfans lol) so in the end it doesen't even matter that it's such a god awful game. A lot of fanboys are already rationalizing the game as some misunderstood piece of art despite not having played it, because none of them could comment on the gameplay in any real depth. I mean the game even has a completely useless attack button on the front of the controller, because heavy attacks are not really viable for anything in the game. There's absolutely no reason to ever use them over light attacks.

I just hope it performs well enough to fund the FSR remake, kinda like NMH2 ended up funding the DS version
For now, all I wish is proper F.S.R. re-make-master and no more sequels to any of ghm ips. Make a new one Suda, goddamnit!
GHM is working on five games right now, three of which are new IPs. One is a collaboration with Swery65 called Hotel Barcelona, another one is a game he described as similar to buckaroo banzai, which in turn sounds like no more heroes 3 all over again.
https://www.destructoid.com/after-no-mo ... buckaroos/
dude it's like so wacky, I turned myself into a pickle just reading that.
The third new IP I have no idea about.
As per the two returning IPs, I'm gonna guess it's probably the FSR remake, and either a remake or a sequel of Shadows of the Damned since they teased that in TSA.

There was some attempts at translating Moonlight Syndrome but I guess they went nowhere, since the dude deleted his entire channel over it, CJIwakura has picked it up but it looks like they are only able to inject text at this point, I'm not sure how they'll handle subtitling the cutscenes, if it can even be done. It would probably be faster for me to learn Japanese at this point lol. Either way a remake of FSR and an english version of Moonlight Syndrome are the only two things I am interested in at this point. I was already out the door with TSA, hell I was out the door since No More Heroes 2 and SOTD, but NMH3 confirmed to me that they have no intention of moving away from being the company that makes le wacky ironically shitty games, that are funny because they aim to be shit, and succeed in being shit.
Deep
Spiral Smile

Post by Deep »

Xed51 wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:19 pm (The other full new chapter, Yuki, was written by Masahi Ooka so I guess it doesen't count. It ties all the way back to Moonlight Syndrome though. Blackout is also new but that one is more of a meta joke.)
I'm tired explaining that shit to people, they still wasting 10 hours on unlocking all 100 endings, I guess some people don't understand humor at all.
Which makes me think he's still able to write in his older style, he just chooses not to.
And that's a real shame man...it really is.
Why do you think the faxes were from Kurumizawa?
I just put two and two together, Travis visits Japan to meet Kurumizawa, then he dissapears, next fax says "if you reading that, that means I'm dead". I dunno, it just went with me.
I actually saw more enthusiasm for TSA online, than I do for NMH3 now, a brand new release.
That's probably due to TSA being red-herred as actual game with number 3, instead of, well, being TSA.

Also, you've pointed out that TSA is more fun in co-op. That what people told me. I played alone and it wasn't fun at all.

After playing game for 20 hours, I started to appreciate combat in game more (but I didn't tried yet CR difficulty). Also, I agree, heavy moves slow and pointless, dodge work wierd. Having that purple circle appearing it's kinda dumbing down the player, I wish they didn't had that shit. So you're just have to guess when to do evade. Also, evade+direction doesn't work for purple circles, so what do I really know...NMH3 is just TSA2 with camera upclose. Same combat, exact same, plus evade and wrestling moves. And with all re-used assets, I can see how 5 years of development 1 and a half game turned out to be.
It's weird how there isn't even unlockable concept art or something.
I've got all the collectables in game and they don't do jackshit. It's all useless stuff, I don't need another tee, I have 99 of them! Money and exp is useless after certain point in game progession. Collect shit just to collect? In 1st game you had dragonballs that gave you powers from Lovikov. That has some reasoning. Here you can just ignore all openworld exploration, collectables, side jobs, and free missions altogether.
I still think the dude sounds like a loser, who never got pussy as a young man, but that's not a good reason to lose job opportunities.
I agree, but I'd rather have og VO for same character. Like og frank west VO, or the fact they couldn't get in touch with Atkin for Travis TSA part (dude in the end of the game is different guy).
He's constantly shilling no more heroes every chance he gets
Well he needs to raise awareness for games to make money. He could be, but we don't really know if dude just shooting himself in the leg on purpose.
I noticed the same thing in regards to bosses being much easier than designated fights, but I assumed I was overlevelled, or that higher difficulties might fix it. On higher difficulties though random mobs still have more inflated health pools than bosses lol, I don't understand it at all.
Bad battle system balancing, bad gameplay balancing. I'm not even sure if these three chips from materials do anything in battle. There is no way to tell. "+10 ATK when HEALTH 100%", how do I know if it's work? Enemies die 10% faster? Every battle under 1 minute, what's the point anyway?

I don't really like your onlyfans analogy, but that just might be a harsh reality for me in that case.
GHM is working on five games right now, three of which are new IPs.
1 - Hotel Barcelona
2 - Banzai?
3 - VR game?
4 - FSR HD
5 - Actual kurayami?

Still, we don't know if these game will be outsorced to death, just like TSC remakes. Nevertheless, I'd like to see some new IPs in next 10 years (before nmh4, please no).
since the dude deleted his entire channel over it
What happened with that Ham dude? I really thought they bring forces together with Iwakura, but nope. Izzy posted a new chapter on her blogpost, but it's not finished, only 1/3 is done and it seems that she is dropping it hard.

https://izzeybee.wordpress.com/2021/07/ ... %E8%AA%98/

Yeah, we live in sad times for ghm, but hey, they're not defunct yet and actually making some games as of 2021! 8-)
kill the past
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

I don't really like your onlyfans analogy, but that just might be a harsh reality for me in that case.
Why would that be? I'm not talking about you. You were shitting on the game harder than I did because you actually had some expectations.
I thought it looked bad since day one, I was just not expecting it to not even be finished, it looks like they developed the bare minimum to be called a videogame lol.

That's the biggest consumer base for single player videogames though, people who buy them to fulfill some sort of parasocial relationship with a livestreamer, or a discord moderator, or a game dev.
That's why it doesen't matter that the games themselves are god awful. NMH3 is just an example of it, where the fanbase is rationalizing the game as a metatextual postmodernist deconstruction of soulless grinding games, by being a soulless grind game, because within that framework nothing can be interpreted as "bad".

Another example is DP2 which I was mildly invested in and it turned out to be a bag of diarreah, but even the horrible framerate and bugs were reframed as part of the experience. (Even though the original DP had maybe two bugs, one you had to trigger intentionally, and mostly ran at a constant 30fps in the overworld, but history has been completely rewritten by the horrible ports.) I didn't take the time to save them, but there were all sorts of shills on twitter, I call them dopamine daddies, hyping up the glitches and rancid minigames as "oh so funny", so that their fanbase would buy the game to "laugh along with them" and pretend to be friends. The entire structure of the internet is predatory and weird like that.

Sony games like the new god of war or the last of us you purchase to signal that you are an intellectual who enjoys high brow art, RE2make you buy to signal that you're a big boy who plays horror games for ADULTS, so on and so forth. Being a good game that you actually play is nowhere near the list of priorities in most modern games because they are just a thing that you buy as a status symbol, and then discuss online without actually having played, to feel like you're part of an in-group. Hell I know a girl who has a bioshock tatoo and she's never played a videogame in her life, she got it for a youtuber lol.

That's why a lot of people who had dropped videogames entirely are flocking to the nintendo switch, because say what you want about the dogshit hardware but you can actually buy single player games that you actually fucking play, which is something you can't do on any other platform.

There's all sorts of criticism I could levy at super mario odyssey, 3d world, luigi's mansion 3, breath of the wild, assstral chain, sakuna etc but I don't see any competition anywhere else
Deep
Spiral Smile

Post by Deep »

I can tolerate technical stuff if is core gameplay engaging and worth spending time and money in. I'm currently playing DP2 (3 hours in), and clearly see all the tech flaws that's people talking about, but I don't really care about all these things, 'cuz all these awkward animations characters have are part of the game (just like with DP1). I'm more or less interested in the story so far, dunno how it will turns out at the end. The thing is, TSA and TSA 2 (NMH3) didn't done that for me, and in the end I kept complaining about poor perfomance of the game, despite the blunt love for original.

I really want to like these ghm games, I just can't.
because they are just a thing that you buy as a status symbol, and then discuss online without actually having played, to feel like you're part of an in-group.
That's just persona fanbase right here.
kill the past
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Yeah Suda outright confirmed most of what I've been saying in this thread
https://www.thegamer.com/interview-suda ... asshopper/
NMH3 being made for fans with fan expectations in mind:
So on one hand I've got the game that I want to make and these ideas I want to put in the game, on the other hand, I've got fan expectations and fan requests, and things that the majority of fans are definitely gonna want in the game, and also the things that the fans are expecting. And so I have to reverse engineer in a way. Putting together things that I want to put together, but also imagining what the fans are wanting, expecting, and what the fans think is possible, and working backwards from there to meet in the middle, but at the same time, be sure to exceed fan expectations and imaginations. So that was actually by far the most difficult part of No More Heroes 3
Cut story content, specifically Midorikawa was meant to be more important originally and connect to Shadows of the Damned as well:
Yeah, there were a lot of things that we had planned for the game that, due to various reasons, we weren't able to keep in the final product. A lot of them were entire scenarios that had to be cut back due to time constraints, budget constraints, and stuff like that. One of the major cutbacks was, once we had finally finished all of the cutscenes, we realised there were over three hours altogether. We were like, 'Okay, this is just way too much, we're gonna have to cut back on some of this.' And it took us a long time to figure out exactly what we could cut back without taking away from anything else. We ended up cutting about an hour of cutscenes. So it went from over three hours, and now there are about two hours of cutscenes in the game. As for the scenarios and stuff that we wanted to put in the game, there's one in particular that really sticks out in my memory. It's the fifth-ranked boss, her name is Midori Midorikawa. In the game, Travis fights her, moves on, and the game progresses.

At the end of the game, Travis gets killed, and he ends up getting sent off to a place called Blackhole Prison, and in this prison, Travis meets another prisoner named Fleming. Fleming and Travis end up fighting, and after the battle, they talk things out, and it's revealed that Fleming is not only a character from the Shadows of the Damned, but he's also Midori Midorikawa's father. There was another entire scenario that was going to go over this, but due to time and budget constraints, we ended up having to cut out the entire thing. I'm really happy with the way the game shaped up in the end, but that's one of the things that I really would have liked to include - that particular scenario. There are a lot of other things that we had to cut from the game. A lot of these things had to do with other characters and storylines from past Grasshopper games. For example, there was more about the Fleming, there was there were some things connecting the story to The Silver Case, for example, the character of Kamui, that would delve a bit further into his roots, what kind of guy he is, what kind of guy he's become. Unfortunately, there were a lot of things that we weren't able to realise in the end. I'm still happy with the way it turned out. I wouldn't go so far as to say that I regret not putting this stuff in the game, but I think it would have been a lot of fun not only to work on this stuff, make it a reality but also to see how fans would react.
So unless the man is a pathological liar I think we can table that discussion for the time being. It's hilarious that they had an hour of cutscenes ready and they just removed them outright though. I assumed they weren't voice acted or animated at all. They cut out an hour of cutscenes but kept in 50 wave missions and 6 versions of each minigame, plus the grinding for materials? LOL!
Some stuff about the FSR remaster, seems like they want to add some originally cut content and maybe connect it to some yet unannounced game:
As far as Killer 7 goes, that's unfortunately not Grasshoppers' IP, that belongs to Capcom, so there's not really much we can do with that. But actually, for Flower, Sun, And aain, in particular, that is our IP, and I have been thinking that I'd like to do something with that in the future. Before putting out a sequel or something, I'm thinking of doing either a remaster or a remake, to get people more aware of the game, because it's a bit old so a lot of people probably don't know about it. So what I'd like to do, at some point in the future, maybe, is do a remake of Flower, Sun, and Rain, and reintroduce the game, reintroduce a few elements that maybe didn't make it in the first time around. And as we discussed earlier, possibly even set up something that would incorporate something into the game that does serve as the central point to the Grasshopperverse. Again, there's nothing concrete that I can say, but it's definitely something that I'd really be interested in exploring and realising in the near future.
Deep
Spiral Smile

Post by Deep »

They cut out an hour of cutscenes but kept in 50 wave missions and 6 versions of each minigame, plus the grinding for materials? LOL!
That's the truth, I'm as a fan was missing these 50 waves missions for sure. Can't get enough of them. They are soo goood.

It's not a movie where you have to cut footage, and then a year after make a Director's Cut with proper length, it's videogame! I'd rather have 3 hours of Travis critizing the game within the game rather than planting trees for 8 hours. Jesus.
kill the past
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Suda haven't made any above average game since 2008 (NMH1 was the last one). That's more than a decade we're talking.

Yo mang Derp, What the fuck made you change your mind? I remember your Derp ass constantly harassing me coz I said that Shadows of the Damned is one of the worst shooters I've ever played. I know I've played worse shooters before but I can't think of any that come to mind. Damned is so bad, that only garbage that shouldn't even be labeled as a shooter to begin with are worse. Games such as Dirge of Cerberus, which actually has a control scheme called FPS, despite it being a 3rd person game that functions like active time battle jrpg.

In fact, I can't even recognize you in that entire novel-length post coz i actually agree with nearly everything you said. I recall you being far more derpy, and half-way retarded ayy lmao! You were like the male equivalent of a "LOL so random!" Manic Pixie Girl. Now you sound like an actual hoooman.
Why put in any effort, when mongoloid mutant americans will fanboy over your shit regardless?
LOL what the fuck is that thing?
Fucking Sesame Street? I'm way out of touch with the modern culture. IT'S SO FUCKING NERDY! I'm too used to my era, where everyone looked like they stepped out of a Film Noir movie. The cast from the original Sin City movie is a good example. True Romance is like the Gen X version of that similar style.
I wish Sega were still around, Sega doesn't have half of the weirdo nerds that the Nintendo fanbase does. Sonic does, but other than Sonic, nothing else about Sega really appeals to the internet 'autist'.
Sega has street cred with Urban culture such as the Jet Set Radio, Crazy Taxi, & the Yakuza games.
Streets of Rage kinda, due to the music which is mostly inspired by musical styles that came from the streets of New York (the city that SOR is based off of.) & Chicago. Some of the composers from SOR4 are part of the underground Westcoast G-funk circuit in California & Japan.

Then you get to Nintendo fanbases, it's filled with nerds & trannies all over, even the Metroid fanbase is polluted with nerdy ass motherfuckers with too much time on their hands. Xenoblade's internet fanbase is so annoying that I got rid of all of my XB games despite how much I enjoyed both XB2 games. (Torna's gameplay is different enough to be considered as its own game. Which is why it was released as a stand alone game.)

Nintendo fans are actually very diverse & eclectic in real life though and look & act nothing like their internet counterparts.
Americans might as well not be human beings anymore considering all the genetic experimentation they go through.
Yo mang, Americans are so damn stupid, they think that Abortion & Masturbating are the same thing.
I'm like dude, have you seen an abortion in real time? You can clearly see those 'lump of cells' struggling to breathe while slowly dying inside of a fucking petri dish as the doctor keeps poking it to death. Meanwhile, cum from mastubation doesn't exhibit any life at all beyond the microbiological, it's just liquid. The same can't be said for fetuses where you can clearly see them being tortured to death, trying to survive outside of the mother's womb. I think it's one of the most vile & disgusting acts that a human being could ever do. It's why most women I've met who have gone through with abortion, have admitted that they regretted it. They don't outright say why they regret it, but I know why. They know that they just murdered someone. I don't understand how people could lack such empathy for that 'clump of cells' when we all started out that way. I immediately cut off all contact with women who are proud of multiple abortions. I don't judge people for the act, I judge them by how they feel about it. If they think they're rebelling against a patriarchy or what ever. I'm like motherfucker, "you just killed multiple people, you heartless bitch."

Americans are such demonic mutants though, you lose your job if you don't agree with abortion and Americans will all cheer as if they defeated a great evil.
https://www.vgchartz.com/article/450574 ... statement/
When what they're doing is the definition of evil to me, Evil is complete, willful ignorance. It's why I wish that sites like Orgish & Liveleak still existed, coz it showed to you the grim-reality of the USA government's retarded ass decisions. In those sites, you could see the extremely gory & violent aftermath of Obama's 'peaceful' diplomacy, the extremely gory & violent aftermath of open borders, the extremely gory & violent aftermath of abortions. Now all of that shit is fucking banned from the internet to keep the docile American populace, fat, dumb & stupid from the evils that they're committing on the world every single day.
I am thankful every day that I'm not an american, land of the free where being accused of anything is enough to have your career ruined.
Yeah it sucks ass, I have to larp as Asexual now, because showing sexual attraction towards women is actually considered 'a hatred of women' now. It's prolly why they constantly label Japan as women haters, because even the women from Japan constantly present themselves as sexy. On top of that, most Western/American women these days are extremely aggressive (they act like big dogs, but they remind me of chihuahuas.), it's kinda hilarious coz it's like bitch! I could knock you out in one hit. Possibly with even my fucking pinky but the USA is so queered up now that the best, and safest defense is to simply stay at home. Even being seen in public 'while being too masculine' can get you in trouble in the USA.

Even the Communist Chinese have outlawed portrayals of girly men in their media, and are currently limiting exposure to Western media, which is filled with faggots to begin with.

Shit is getting really crazy now. Ameriturds just revoked my family's life insurance plan (it actually happened around Feb, but nobody told us shit until yesterday when my mom tried to get a refill of her medication that she needs to live. She's in her 70s, old.), which even included some of my step-siblings. America is really trying to kill as many people as they can through this covid hysteria, by enacting a bunch of bullshit which has fucking nothing to do with covid.
Oh gee that's par the course though, look at 9/11. Allegedly an attack by Saudi Arabia (it's actually Israel who planned it though.), but the USA destroys Iraq, Libya (which isn't even in the Middle East, AYY LMAO!), & Afghanistan in retaliation which has fucking nothing to do with 9/11!
Americans will even tell you that those places deserved it because of the Taliban, when the Taliban didn't even do 9/11! In the official story, it was Al Qaeda who did it.
I'll just shut the fuck up before I end up turning this thread into another bullshit thread, but I could go on forever just listing off why the USA is so fucking retarded, and it goes far beyond the people they 'elect' into office, like what most fence-shitters would have you believe.
I don't buy this idea that Suda is self sabotaging, or making self parodies at all.
I don't think so either. Why do that to his main meal-ticket? From what I've seen, NMH fans do love NMH3. It's just the Suda fans who fucking hate it.
I'm not sure how they'll handle subtitling the cutscenes, if it can even be done. It would probably be faster for me to learn Japanese at this point lol.
It's really easy to learn how to read video games. They're generally written with a 12 year old's comprehension of the language. The Nobunaga's Ambition series is so hard to read in its native language, that even half of the populace can't fucking read it, coz it uses a bunch of ancient ass Chinese text LOL!
CJIwakura
Fuck that motherfucker.

Xed51 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:20 pm That's why it doesen't matter that the games themselves are god awful. NMH3 is just an example of it, where the fanbase is rationalizing the game as a metatextual postmodernist deconstruction of soulless grinding games, by being a soulless grind game, because within that framework nothing can be interpreted as "bad".

I see that phrase being thrown around a lot. it was like the 2nd comment at a /v/ NMH thread a day or so before you wrote this post. I don't understand the point of a post modern narrative in a video game. Plots generally have nothing to do with the actual gameplay. It's like porn, the plot just serves as an excuse for the actions of the game. The actions are the game's ruleset.
Hideo Kojima is prob the only game developer I know of who used postmodernism properly, coz he does it by subverting your gameplay expectations. Now granted that doesn't mean they're good games. Fuck no, well I dunno I guess MGS2 is aight. It would've been way better without the post modernism though. I'm not even referring to the plot, I'm only focusing on the gameplay. MGS2 would've been much better had the entire game played like the intro level.

In that NMH thread I'm referring to, being a Suda game, of course most of the posts were written by trannies. (It's easy to tell who's a tranny at /v/, coz they're the most defensive, easily offended posters who keep telling you to have sex, as if I weren't already a philanderer all the way up until the USA became extremely hostile towards heterosexual swingers.)

Funny enough, I was being shit talked in that thread, that I did not participate in at all. I don't post at /v/agina. I was just lurking for Nintendo direct speculation.
I saw a poster laughing about how I'm banned everywhere & that they will continue to ban me & kick me out from every site on the internet. I was like whoa, these faggots are fucking specific. True enough a day or so after that post that I didn't even participate in, I did get banned again at gamefags coz I was responding to a racist SJW who called Japan a women hating, racist backwards shithole of a country.

I argued that if Japan hates women so much, why is Japan's most prominent & powerful god, a woman, a very feminine woman. Why was Japan's earliest known civilization, led by a woman? A very feminine woman that they still revere to this day? I'm not naming names, coz I've finally caught on to how losers argue with me just to gain knowledge from me that they later use to both insult me (through strawman as they always do.) & to include facts that Ive said, in their psy-ops to indoctrinate & groom kids like the pedo faggots that they are.
It's just if you know Japanese history & religion, you know the exact two biological women that I'm referring to. Funny enough, Japan has tons of strong female figures in their actual history. I guess they just don't count though, coz in Japan it's generally the female leaders who are extremely anti-gay, which makes it harder to label them as closet-cases since it's a biological woman who are outright calling male faggots, a bunch of useless degenerates.

I'd elaborate but I'd get way too off topic, and it's already part of my rant for when I make a new post on the Saints Row thread, about how the USA is trying to colonize everyone with their Woke culture bullshit. I even saw videos made by Black Saints Row fans proposing a similar argument about how they just got replaced by a bunch of nerds in the reboot.

Sony games like the new god of war or the last of us you purchase to signal that you are an intellectual who enjoys high brow art, RE2make you buy to signal that you're a big boy who plays horror games for ADULTS, so on and so forth. Being a good game that you actually play is nowhere near the list of priorities in most modern games because they are just a thing that you buy as a status symbol, and then discuss online without actually having played, to feel like you're part of an in-group. Hell I know a girl who has a bioshock tatoo and she's never played a videogame in her life, she got it for a youtuber lol.
I've seen girls who were hardcore Resident Evil fans, but have never played the games. They just saw the live action movies, lol. I was like, I'd keep that info to myself, coz the RE fanbase would crucify you.

Mind you, I actually think the movies are good and that the RE fanbase are a bunch of fucking retards to begin with. The original Resident Evil is the best Aliens rip off ever made.
It's funny coz that same director did Alien Vs Predator which was also trying to be Aliens, but that movie was crap. RE1 actually had the same thrill, suspense & excitement that Aliens had. I legit don't understand what's so bad about the first film.

I find it funny how the RE movies are often credited with runing the games when it's actually the movies that were copying the games. The Wesker fight vs the Redfield siblings was modeled after the Chris vs Wesker fight from RE5. Apocalypse was modeled after Resident Evil 3. The only truly bad RE films were Extinction & the final one. Extinction was everything that I expected the RE movies to be, just some stupid Dawn of the Dead rip-off, but that's actually the only RE movie that's like that. The rest of the movies have a heavy horror-action vibe to it, like Aliens and actually come off like something that Capcom would make.

People always complain about the godawful writing with a bunch of 1-dimensional eye candy characters who get gunned down or eaten like it's nothing. As if those were traits exclusive to the movies when that's damn near every Capcom game, but capcom fans seem to be completely blind to that.

The movies even imitate the sociopathic nature of how RE characters actually act during the actual games.
RE characters never seem to give a shit that people constantly die because of them, AYY LMAO!

In a previous scene, that reporter girl who looks similar to Rebecca Chang was sent out to look for the Ashford kid by herself, even though the men wanted to aid her, they couldn't coz Jill told them not to, lol.

This always happens in RE games though. The Protags always get everyone killed, & never give a shit about anyone else!

They did this so much during RE6, that it felt like a parody.

It's funny how so-called Resident Evil hardcore fans, are completely blind to how the characters actually act in the video games, and just accuse the movies of having bad writing when the movies are accurately emulating how sociopathic & psychotic that the RE cast has always been, lol.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Xed51 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:58 am
You're giving gamers too much credit. Me and Jack were shittalking gamers 12 fucking years ago, but with time, they've only gotten worse. When they see a smash stage as the final showdown, they don't see it as retarded. They clap and cheer because they recognize it.

I CLAPPED I CLAPPED! I CLAPPED WHEN I SAW SMASH!!!
Look at this guy's reactions.

He audibly cheers at anything. It's fucking scary how braindead these people act.
It's funny, coz I was laughing at how Travis is such a loser that he can't even get into an actual Smash game, and instead has to insert himself into a scene that superficially looks like Smash, but it doesn't play like Smash.
Smash Bros has directional based combat, NMH3's mock up just looks like typical NMH action but in 2d.

Nickelodean All Stars is how you do a Smash wannabe for real.

I see April going for meteor strikes, and relying a lot on her fakeout air-game. You can clearly see both of them using a lot of directional-based attacks. They didn't just mimic the presentation of Smash, it practically is Smash. Too bad it's not for something that I actually give a fuck about like One Piece. Although I do like the Ninja Turtles (preferably the extremely violent 80s comic & the 8os cartoon. The ones in game are from the 80s cartoon.), they already have a fucking awesome beat em up coming out which looks way better than Konami's games.

That game looks so good that I might buy it, but I don't like Nickolodean and I think they're a bunch of pedophiles (for real.) Look at how they campaigned during the Trump years. They're grooming kids to love butt secks at only 5 yrs old!
When I was a kid, I never once saw Nickelodeon getting political under the Reagan, Bush & Clinton presidency, and it would've been deserved with Bush. He's only 2nd worst after his son, AYY LMAO!
these guys literally clap and cheer, you can't make this shit up. They all look older than me too.
Nearly everyone looks older than me including you, but I'd guess that they're slightly younger than I am, they're probably around 33-36 range. I don't know what it is with 1985-1990 millennials, they all grew up hardcore Consooooomerist whereas Millennials born during the early 80s, are generally much more cynical, and anti-corporations.

I know that these 1985-1990 fags pretty much grew up in the same pre-internet tech world that I did, coz I see people who are as young as 28-30 who reminisce about the American Arcade culture and how manly & ultra competitive it actually was. They'll generally describe the Arcade culture the same way as I do. Yet for some reason people in that 31-36 age range are full blown retards who view gaming as their identity or some shit and every game they play is some storyfag bullshit. 37 is a tweener area. Some are fucking retarded, others fall more in line with my age group. Those in my age group though, either don't give a shit about video games at all, or they're like me and still think of gaming as the Sega Genesis, AYY LMAO!

Thinking about it, that's probably it. A lot of the 31-37 tards grew up on Super Nintendo & Playstation, so they assume that gaming was always boring ass Jrpg or storyfag bullshit. The few 28-30 that I know of who are hardcore into Arcade style games, grew up with the Sega Genesis as their first console.
Cake is a fucking teenager and he's way more well adjusted than most gamers.
He's not American, he's a bodybuilder (which means he aims for constant self-improvement) and he's also extremely religious. So of course he's far more mature. I'm not religious at all, but a lot of my common sense thinking has lead me to the same exact conclusions as Islam & uncucked Christfaggotry.
Maybe I'm just missing some context here. I have absolutely no personal experience with Sentai or Tokosatsu stuff, which No More Heroes 3 might be a tribute to so maybe that's just going over my head.
Nah you're not missing anything. I'm a big Tokusatsu nerd and this game does nothing for me.
Naomi being a tree is apparently a reference to Gingaman. Someone pointed out it's also a visual pun on skill trees.
What I find hilarious is that NMH revolves around cultures that are popular in Japan such as the sentai hero, wrestling & moe bullshit yet for some reason, Japs couldn't care less about this shit ass series, lol!
I stated it before in another thread, that NMH doesn't appeal to weebs, but it looks like a weeb game.

NMH has this very small niche group that it caters too, but I can't really pinpoint who. Whomever that crowd is, it's a group of aging ass Gen X'rs like Jim Sterling. Or at least that's what I would say, but I just looked up his age, and Fatboy Jim is younger than me, AYY LMAO!
He's 37, as is Angry Joe. Shit, I guess people born in 1984 should be included in that group of core millennials that I can't stand, coz they're all full blown consumerist corporate bootlickers.
People in my age group 1980-1983, don't look like gamers at all. We're either part of the Ryan Gosling camp, who don't even bother with video games, or we are hardcore gamers like Tess Kielhamer
https://www.instagram.com/tesskielhamer/?hl=en

or Filthy Tom Lawlor

, but we actually look like the fighting game characters from the games that we play, lol. I'm the latter of course. A lot of peeps in my age group are hardcore into fighting, possibly due to the media that was popular in the USA during our time.
Brian Cage also falls into the latter category (he models himself after Wolverine from Marvel vs Capcom) but he's from 1984, which supports my unsubstantiated theory that 37 yr olds are tweeners and can swing either way, lol.

NMH doesn't appeal to mainstream Americans/Westerners coz it looks so much like a weeb game.
NMH doesn't appeal to mainstream Japanese people either because this whole 'geek culture chic' that NMH is based off of, doesn't actually exist in Japan. NMH comes off like a Westerner's perception of what being an Otaku in Japan might be like.
When in reality, it's more like Akibas Trip. Or at least, Akiba Strip goes hardcore into that modern Animu culture that I don't understand at all.

NMH tries throwing all of this popular shit from Japan into a blender, but it doesn't really mesh well.
Takashi Miike? He's fairly mainstream in Japan, as is Wrestling. Yet the Yakuza games do a much better job of representing wrestling & Miike directed a Yakuza movie that was a little too accurate to the games, lol.

Looking around myself, I realize I'm a fucking loser whose house is chock full of dumb ass videogames, movies, comics and so on and so forth. I'm such a fucking loser, I even have a favourite magical girl. Yes that's right, I am that fucking dumb.
Ugg I recognize that slutty whore's voice any where, It's Koda Kumi. How good are the newer Cutey Honey shows anyway? I never bothered with them, coz I grew up with the OVA where every girl was naked & thicc, lol.

I saw shit like that when I was only 10, then when you eventually move to Japan as a 15 or 16 yr old or whatever, you find out that in Japan, female nudity is treated just as casually in real life, lol. Especially if you're a girl with huge tits, Japs will treat that bitch like a goddess to the point that even the women will constantly fondle with your titties lol. That's part of the reason why anime characters act like that in the cartoons. Japs act the same exact way in real life. Big titties used to be extremely rare in Japan.

it's such a playful culture (which is labeled as woman-hating by the Ameriblobs), unlike the USA where everything is dead serious & boring for some reason, and everyone looks like an androgynous blob. USA wasn't always like that. They were always puritan and viewed the female body as icky, but back then you were allowed to be pervy over sexy women. Unlike now where it's constantly reinforced into your mind that if you love females with big tits & ass, that you actually hate women. If 'you truly loved women', you'd believe that men in dresses are women. USA is fag city.

Hell I'm even a big fan of Takashi Miike. On all accounts this kind of game is made for me, but I get absolutely nothing out of it.
I think it also depends on what kind of Miike fan you are. I think "Audition" is his best film, so that right there tells you that I'm not going to ever like anything from NMH coz NMH is way too fucking edgy for me. Killer7 was kinda Audition-like, in the sense that it's hard to tell if it's just happening in your head or not. Everything in Audition actually happened but it's a fucking crazy film coz it starts off like a Romance Comedy, but halfway it turns into a fucking torture snuff film, to the point that it doesn't even feel like it's the same movie AYY LMAO!

I had a chance to buy NMH1 & 2 through Eshop yesterday, I just bought Quake, Depth of Extinction & Bloodstained Ritual of the Night instead, and couldn't be happier. All 3 appeal to my occult interests, but they also have great gameplay. NMH just has good music & character designs. I like Holly Summers, and that's about it lol. Well Bad Girl is cool too.

Typically when I go for an edgy game, it's something like Turbo Overkill, which is ultra fucking badass. I'm getting that day 1 and it's going to be a blast to play.

Notice something? The main character rarely ever speaks, he just rips & tears throughout the entire vid as badass 80s synth & rock music are playing in the background. It's the main thing I hate about NMH games from what I've seen of them. I fucking can't stand the self-important dialogue. Why the fuck should anyone be lectured by Travis of all people? Sure it probably made sense in NMH1 since he was depicted as a retard that you shouldn't emulate anyway, but that's not the vibe I get with NMH3.

No More Heroes 3's brand of "nerd culture" is not underground at all. It's a pre-faded captain america t-shirt you buy at target. The references aren't even that deep, they just namedrop shit but it's not like Travis ever makes a joke that requires you to have watched a specific episode of any tokusatsu show to get.
Stuff like Evangelion, which is a staple of modern otaku culture despite being a critique of the otaku lifestyle, requires you to be familiar with specific Ultraman episodes to even begin to understand some of the background elements.
Exactly. That's what I was saying earlier in this post, NMH is some weird niche game, about MAINSTREAM CULTUREs in Japan, AYY LMAO! Even Miike is considered mainstream, he's done plenty of big budget live action anime films.
Secondly, I guess that if I want to watch Kamen Rider or Cutie Honey or a Miike movie I'll just do that, instead of constantly signalling that I like those things to everyone. Most people didn't even know until I brought it up in the thread. THough we did have a Miike thread on the old forums, like 12 years ago back when people gave a shit.

That's exactly what seems to be the same thought-process with Japs in Japan in regards to NMH. Why bother with that game, when they already have fucking Gundammit, Cutey Honey, Miike and all that shit? lol!
I honestly don't understand who NMH is supposed to appeal to. I'm guessing it's the ironic shit b-movies fans but that doesn't make any sense to me. B-movies are only shit but good, because they had good ideas but didn't have the budget or actors to back up their ambitions.

One of my fave movies of all time is Lifeforce, which is like a big budget triple AAA B-movie, lol.
It wasn't a bad movie at all, and they could afford & did hire real A-list actors.
It just falls into the "It's so bad, it's good" category coz Movie critics are fucking snobs who hate anything that doesn't conform with their idea of what a good movie is.
Movie snobs shit on everything. They hated Blade Runner, Hell Raiser 2, The Thing, they hated practically any movie that I would consider as good. I'm not some fucking fatass college Film critic fag though. I judge films by how populist they are.
If the movie can legit get a crowded theater to cheer on with what's going on, on-screen, then it's a good movie. That's why I generally consider Paul Anderson's movies as good, his movies are crowd-pleasers. The only bad Resident Evil movies were the ones that he didn't direct, except the final one. He shat the bed with that one. Fuck mang, His Mortal Kombat movie from the 90s is way better than piece of garbage that just came out this year.
His movies actually have plots, AYY LMAO! The 'more accurate to the game' types of movies are always boring ass movies because they tell the story exactly like how a game would, through exposition dumps and unrelated action scenes which don't make any fucking sense with the plot, That's Mortal Kombat 2021 lol.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

LOL what the fuck is that thing?
Fucking Sesame Street?
Well he used to be a normal pedophile, but then he took a Moderna shot and now he looks like this
mRNA mutations are some freaky shit huh
Even the Communist Chinese have outlawed portrayals of girly men in their media, and are currently limiting exposure to Western media, which is filled with faggots to begin with.
Didn't the chinese govt straight up label all that shit as CIA disruption mind control tactics?
I don't think so either. Why do that to his main meal-ticket? From what I've seen, NMH fans do love NMH3. It's just the Suda fans who fucking hate it.
Most people agree the game is bad. It's just that NMH's fanbase seems to think it was a purposeful decision to make the game bad, in order to dunk on people's expectations from TSA, which is therefore profound. They see it as The Last Jedi basically. (That's not AHH from this thread though. He legitimately didn't seem familiar with all the garbage that GHM released in the 2010s so he assumed the game was self satire due to how jarringly bad it is if you've only ever played the strictly suda51 directed stuff.)

That doesen't even make sense because the game, very earnestly wants you to think of Travis as some super rad videogame hero dude

Who even has an epic rap battle which is so bad, I was legitimately mouth agape stunned and to this day I don't know what it was trying to communicate at all because the lyrics are so awful, like I get the impression they really wanted a rap battle in there but both characters are so flat they had nothing to make them say
I see that phrase being thrown around a lot. it was like the 2nd comment at a /v/ NMH thread a day or so before you wrote this post.
Yeah that was me
https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/569787848/#569789985
I was being sarcastic, but I guess everyone took me seriously (I hadn't browsed the thread at all, I just assumed it died after my post lol) because people just talk like that in those threads
"you wouldn't get it"
I've seen girls who were hardcore Resident Evil fans, but have never played the games. They just saw the live action movies, lol. I was like, I'd keep that info to myself, coz the RE fanbase would crucify you.
At least they engage with the franchise on some level. I'm talking about people who profess to being fans of a game or a series, because their favourite streamer played it for them
at this point I don't even think that single player videogames will stick around for mass consumption if not for the switch, in a generation's time they'll just be distributed to streamers who'll pay a percentage of their donations to the distributor and they won't be made available to the wider public at all, also because they have no way of playing them with modern consoles & desktop pcs getting pricier and more difficult to purchase due to bot scalping and legislation
NMH comes off like a Westerner's perception of what being an Otaku in Japan might be like.
I guess that is part of the point considering the main character is a weeb himself but I agree with you, at this point it's a mishmash of things that don't fit together at all
It's hard to pinpoint who the series is aimed at because of the original game, in which the fact that the main character is a weeb otaku is part of his character rather than the setting. What I mean is that most characters around him had other shit going on. Sylvia was not some gamer girl geeky chick, the villains were mostly people doing their own thing, hell the first boss is just a rich yakuza dude. Though he has a western name, he looked and acted like a yakuza, Dr. Peace was a corrupt cop etc.

From the sequel onwards, being geeky weeb otaku is the selling point of the entire series rather than a character trait for the main character. So while NMH1 had a few visual callbacks to say, Star Wars and Afro Samurai and a joke about duke nukem forever, 2 takes place in a world that in and of itself is a reference to a bunch of different things, Travis now pilots a giant robot, nearly every level and character is a pastiche of something else and that's how the rest of the series kept going. Travis is the hero of pop culture, dunking on jocks and rappers and shit.
By the time 3 rolls around Sylvia is running around dressed up as Captain Marvel or Cat's Eye and flying into space and shit, travis has a whole conversation with one of the villains on how jrpgs are faggy and gay, in short everything is a vehicle for pop culture references within the setting rather than just being a character trait for the MC.

If you exclude the original game and only take 2-TSA-3 into account, you can obviously see the series is trying to be the equivalent of scott pilgrim, the big bang theory, rick and morty or star trek lower decks, absurdist reference comedy for "fellow nerds" where catching the reference is in and of itself the joke. Even the weird misplaced drama makes more sense in that context, since that type of media often has dramatic moments randomly inserted in an otherwise absurdist comedy where you are suddenly meant to take the characters seriously.

It's easier to see 2-TSA-3 as their own separate thing, with TSA being the only decent one of the three because of the superior music/art direction, the slightly more involved gameplay & story and the fact that it gets into some slightly more obscure gaming lore than most "reference based narratives" I guess, like vector games, FMV games, old videogame ads and magazines, polybius etc. which made it more visually stimulating, even though I'm not really into this kind of stuff
most reference comedies just go through a laundry list of the most mainstream shit that everyone knows
When in reality, it's more like Akibas Trip. Or at least, Akiba Strip goes hardcore into that modern Animu culture that I don't understand at all.
Akiba's trip has a secret event you need to go out of your way to trigger in order to steal your underage sister's panties and bra, which are required for 100% completion

That wouldn't fly in the west because UUUUGGGHH THAT'S SO ICKY!!! WHY CAN'T MEN JUST STOP RAPING? WHEREVER THEY GO THEY MUST ALSO RAPE!! A 6yo child will play this game, and grow up into a rapist for having seen that scene.

Now I know it's not really among my interests to jerk it to my prepubescent sister's panties in an incestuous fantasy extravaganza, but that is humor that is way closer to the actual otaku mindset than anything NMH ever does. 2 maybe came the closest with the loli animoo intro & travis jerking off to some other loli animoo but I can't see what makes him an "otaku" at all in 3. Sure his house is full of figurines and shit but in my experience real life otaku like to escape reality by getting into mecha anime and tokusatsu, not by owning giant robots and mech suits that travel to space to fight aliens in real life.

Even normies have caught on to the fact that Travis Touchdown might have been a character at some point, but it's now just an author/audience self insert

Takashi Miike? He's fairly mainstream in Japan, as is Wrestling. Yet the Yakuza games do a much better job of representing wrestling & Miike directed a Yakuza movie that was a little too accurate to the games, lol.
The commentary on Miike movies is shallow anyway. To which I don't mean to criticise the game for its lack of quality as a movie review, but why the fuck bring it up every single chapter then? I do talk about movies with actual real life human beings, and even when we are watching mindless shit like fast and furious we have more to say than this. They don't come off as real fans at all, the conversation doesen't flow naturally.

DUDE DOA is so BADASS. It's HELLA badass! GTFO if you don't like Miike, he's hella great! (They actually do use hella and GTFO in voiced dialogue, it feels like meeting twitter in real life which is even more jarring when you realize Travis and Bishop are meant to be in their 40s)
All I could think about was that yes, I was wasting my goddamn time playing that dogshit game when I could have been rewatching DOA, a movie in which a woman is drowned in a diarreah pool mind you, that also outdoes every single punchline from nmh3 with its ending
How good are the newer Cutey Honey shows anyway? I never bothered with them, coz I grew up with the OVA where every girl was naked & thicc, lol.
The one I posted earlier is Re: Cutie Honey, which is in part an adaptation of the live action film. It's pretty good and it has nice action, art direction & music. You still get nudity in it but it is a lot more colorful & stylized than previous shows, not on the same level as something like Panty & Stocking but almost (They were both made by Gainax).
oh god this is literally rape my eyes ahhh I need to bomb some brown civillians and see their guts spill out their bodies to cleanse my palate

You don't get full nudity anymore in any of the shows after Re:Cutie Honey, in the sense that they can't show nipples anymore. You just can't in tv anime in general. When I was growing up, even stuff meant for kids like the time bokan shows (yatterman) and Urusei Yatsura had bare tits with nipples. In the Yatterman remake, Boyakki even has a joke on how "back in his day" they could show more kek.

The latest show was Cutie Honey Universe which had a pretty ugly art style, or at least I find it a lot less appealing than previous iterations. The animations in the actual show (I only posted the OP & the trailer) are pretty stiff too, you can tell it's low budget.

It also does not have the classic OP which is a CRIME (I don't actually care)
However the writing really made it worth it for me. It goes in some interesting directions I was not expecting; It starts off as an adaptation of the 1973 manga, with a twist in the fact that Sister Jill is apparently setting up her own Panther Claw minions to get killed off US Army style, while she grooms Honey into turning to the dark side by posing as a police detective / lesbian sexual gangster, which eventually leads some of her minions to revolt against her. The ending even has Angel Honey finally fight the god of Panther Claw as a female version of Boss from Mazinger Z comes back from the dead to stop a meteorite with her hands or some shit. I forget the details, but it was pretty crazy. It even plays with your expectations a bit by adapting certain scenes from the manga nearly word for word, only to change it around at the last minute in double twists and what not.

I don't know if CHU would be appealing to a normal human being, who isn't some Cutie Honey historian though. It's clearly made for fans who know the franchise's history (kinda like Devilman Crybaby, or the most recent Getter Robo Ark) but at the same time the shoestring budget and unappealing visuals can be a deal breaker (kinda like Devilman Crybaby, or the most recent Getter Robo Ark LOL!! Mazinger Z Infinity is the only recent Go Nagai revival that had any sort of budget behind it.) I would raccomend Re: over it.

There was also a recent-ish live action movie, but I thought it was pretty shit

It feels extremely sterile, like it's a hollywood adaptation of Cutie Honey except it happened to be made in Japan lol. It definetly does not hold a candle to the original live action movie at all

Or even the live action tv show which despite taking itself weirdly seriously, had very fun action scenes (if you're into this kind of thing)

I couldn't find any clips of it online but she even slaps people with her tits & ass during fight scenes, it's pretty funny
I saw shit like that when I was only 10, then when you eventually move to Japan as a 15 or 16 yr old or whatever, you find out that in Japan, female nudity is treated just as casually in real life, lol.
Nudity used to be pretti blaseé in Italy as well as I was growing up. Not necessarily in a sexy way either. I just took naked tits as a normal thing in life, since I grew up drinking my mother's milk as a toddler.

Ironically, you'll get called "horny" and "coomer" for pointing this out when in reality, it's actually sexual deviants who see lewdness in any kind of naked body. The original Dragonball show had child goku go around with his dick out because he was a monkey man who grew out in the wilderness, so he had no concept of modesty, but in the modern framework of humanity that would be described as virtual pedo rape or something.
it's such a playful culture (which is labeled as woman-hating by the Ameriblobs), unlike the USA where everything is dead serious & boring for some reason, and everyone looks like an androgynous blob. USA wasn't always like that. They were always puritan and viewed the female body as icky, but back then you were allowed to be pervy over sexy women. Unlike now where it's constantly reinforced into your mind that if you love females with big tits & ass, that you actually hate women. If 'you truly loved women', you'd believe that men in dresses are women. USA is fag city.
Yeah there's just too many useless eaters polluting the world. Any kind of sexual playfulness between man & woman might lead to childbirth, and we don't want that now do we.

vid unrelated btw ahah jk lol xD
I think it also depends on what kind of Miike fan you are. I think "Audition" is his best film, so that right there tells you that I'm not going to ever like anything from NMH coz NMH is way too fucking edgy for me. Killer7 was kinda Audition-like, in the sense that it's hard to tell if it's just happening in your head or not. Everything in Audition actually happened but it's a fucking crazy film coz it starts off like a Romance Comedy, but halfway it turns into a fucking torture snuff film, to the point that it doesn't even feel like it's the same movie AYY LMAO!
I don't know if I can say with a straight face which Miike movie I think is "his best" because he makes such a wide variety of things. Audition is definetly among my personal favourites but so are Zebraman and VIsitor Q which are completely different movies. The first DOA is probably the one I rewatch more often.
He made a lot of shitty films too (I think Ichi the Killer is one of them. I know a lot of people love that film but I feel it missed out on the manga's humor completely. The manga is meant to be a dark comedy where random shit just happens, the main villain dies because of bird shit.) but there's usually some level of earnestness to them that makes them enjoyable for me regardless.
His animoo adaptations are hit or miss at best, for example I like the original As the Gods Will a lot but the movie version is just a borefest.
NMH just has good music & character designs. I like Holly Summers, and that's about it lol. Well Bad Girl is cool too.
It's a shame that they resurrected Bad Girl in the more recent games, only to turn her into a discount version of Harley Quinn.
Like yeah she was clearly mindbroken in the original, but not to the level where she couldn't articulate fucking sentences or thoughts. She's lucid enough to point out that travis is delusional if he thinks himself better than her.
That's exactly what seems to be the same thought-process with Japs in Japan in regards to NMH. Why bother with that game, when they already have fucking Gundammit, Cutey Honey, Miike and all that shit? lol!
I honestly don't understand who NMH is supposed to appeal to. I'm guessing it's the ironic shit b-movies fans but that doesn't make any sense to me. B-movies are only shit but good, because they had good ideas but didn't have the budget or actors to back up their ambitions.
Reference porn is an entire genre at this point. Rick and Morty has a very similar structure where they reference stuff, have random bursts of violence, and then the MC goes on to lecture random characters about random shit.

How I met your Mother and Big Bang Theory are sit-coms, so obviously they lack the action element, but the focus on references is nearly the same as it just relies on namedropping shit you know under the pretense that it's "nerdy" (it's not. It's always some of the most mainstream shit that anybody knows about even just through osmosis. Same as NMH.)

The thing NMH resembles the most, is Scott Pilgrim. It pretty much feels like Scott Pilgrim with gore.

No More Heroes 1 was different because it dated back to a different GHM, where Akihiko Ishizaka & Masafumi Takada were still mainstays and they still mostly focused on weird passion projects, taking on licensed jobs only to fund their own personal games.
TSA was different, because it was just some weird mixed media small budget game, that Travis Touchdown happened to be stapled on. The actual story has nothing to do with him though.
TSA was also co-written by Masahi Ooka, the co-writer of MS, TSC, FSR, 25W, HIK7. He's the guy who wrote the new 25th Ward chapter, that connects the game all the way back to Moonlight Syndrome

which tells me he clearly has the same writing chops he had in the late 90s, early 2000s.

Anyway back to the point. This whole genre is meant to appeal to people who get high dopamine reactions out of consuming merchandise and what not.

In short, the Soyboy / Consoooomer stereotype
Their love for consumerism, it's as shallow as THX1138 showing the drugged up workers buying items for absolutely no reason which they then throw away.
Therefore, just the mere mention of something they purchased or spent money on being brought up is enough to fire up their dopamine receptors. That's where the entertainment comes in. I buy a lot of shit too but I treat it as a hobby, like something I enjoy doing. I can nerd out for hours about movies I like but I actually watch them, the entertainment aspect comes from interacting with the piece of media by applying my brain or something.
For the Soyboy consoomer, the entertainment comes in paying for something and then signalling to other people that they like it.

It must be a specific neurotype or even a new one I just don't understand, but there is no interaction with these people, they are just a living checklist of things, and when said things are referenced they feel less lonely I guess. They don't actually like any of them though, they like the act of consuming.
Movie snobs shit on everything. They hated Blade Runner, Hell Raiser 2, The Thing, they hated practically any movie that I would consider as good. I'm not some fucking fatass college Film critic fag though. I judge films by how populist they are.
If the movie can legit get a crowded theater to cheer on with what's going on, on-screen, then it's a good movie.
I disagree because everyone in the world watched the MCU movies and I think they are bags of vomit on any level, shot with the same proficiency as a mexican telenovela. The live action street fighter movie is considered god awful and yet it has more craftmanship in it than any MCU movie lol.

I agree with you that movie critics are retarded though. Bladerunner, Hellraiser 1&2, the Thing, even Conan the Barbarian, most Lynch movies, Alien etc. are actually profound and artistic movies that critics shat on due to their own film illiteracy. Movie critics actually know nothing about movies.
George Lucas spelled it out decades ago. Movie critics don't even know the technology that is used to make movies. They couldn't operate a camera. How could their opinion be worth anything?
Movie critics are actually unaware that filmmaking is an ever evolving language, where a specific usage of a combination of frames & audio can grow in meaning over time.

That is not even mentioning the fact that they will shit on entertainment movies, just for being entertainment movies, which is what you are referring to. Unless they have Spider Man or some other faggot superhero with AIDS in it, in which case it's a five thumbs up the ass review every time lol.
For example, I think it's dumb to judge a Fast & Furious movie, or the Transformer movies on the same metric as The Seventh Seal by Ingmar Bergman or something. That's idiotic because they're obviously trying to do different things, and I would watch them in different states of mind to get a different kind of reaction. It's just as dumb as videogame reviewers putting racing games & rpgs on the same numeral scale.
Fuck mang, His Mortal Kombat movie from the 90s is way better than piece of garbage that just came out this year.
I haven't seen the RE movies (not because of any particular reason, I just haven't gotten around to them) but I generally like PWSA movies. Mortal Kombat was fun, and Event Horizon is a masterpiece. AvP is dogshit but it's entertaining dogshit, that obviously pales in comparison to both the originals, but as a popcorn movie it's honestly not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.
He's one of those directors that nerds decided must be hated, because they want their pop culture bullshit to be treated with the same gravitas as the holocaust. Which is why Christopher Nolan is treated as a God, despite having never made a good movie and being overall fucking god awful. He treated Batman seriously, validating the feeling of Nerds who have replaced their religious icons with superheroes, and he is therefore okay in their book.
PWSA dared to alter some storyline from some game, and not put their favourite characters front and center, so he has to die. It's the same shit with Michael Bay for he dared to mistreat the godhead Optimus Prime LOL, despite him being a much better director than anyone who has ever worked on the MCU. It has nothing to do with their actual abilities in directing movie, it's just doug walker style nerd rage.