The Man, the Myth.. The Missing? Q spoke to me, "Mr. TD is trapped in the Black Lodge. You must Kill the Past to free him."

Moderator: MagnificentTerrorism

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Re: No More Heroes | Topics

Post by Krizzx »

I finally finished it. I've waited until I was done to watch anything or talk with anyone about it because I didn''t want any spoilers. That meant not watching Youtube, because everywhere I looked, people were posting videos spoiling the game.

Overall, I'd say it its better than NMH2 but no where near as good as the first.

The combat took a dive in this one. To this day,NMH had one of the best implementations of motion controls in a game I've ever played. Being able to switch stances from high to low simply from tilting the Wiimote. Rolling by tilting the Nunchuk, and the gesture based finishers. It made NMH1 way more engaging. NMH3 on the other had super simplified combat. There are no stances. They removed the punch that you could use to guardbreak enemies. They removed the roll ability which could be used any time. Worst of all, is that they removed alternate weapons. Not only did the first game have more engaging combat, but they have different weapon types with their own fighting styles. That was probably the most disappointing thing about NMH3 to me. You didn't even get to play with alternate characters like Shinobu and Bad Girl in this one.

I could get around the boring, ridiculous designs of the aliens if they didn't have such bland generic dialogue on top of it for the most parts. The most interesting fights were the ones where someone else took the Aliens place. Sonic Juice was the only Alien with interesting dialogue.

The stages and layouts were way better and more thought out in NMH1. In this, they all felt kind of cookie cutter like the combat sections of Deadly Premonition 2 compared to Deadly Premonition 1. regular fights were just meaningless fodder to unlock the next boss fight. Only the first and last battle of the game had combat sections leading up to the boss like NMH1. That really fealt off. Its like they had one boss specific dungeon, and the *busy work, boss* *busy work, boss* over and over.

I wonder if they are going to release any DLC or something to do in those forbidden areas that are all over the map. Its felt like there was suppose to be a lot more to this game than what there was. There were all these things with a decent amount of effort in the design that served absolutely no purpose like those round buildings in Neo Brazil you could enter, or that island off the tip of Perfect World. It just feels like its missing something. A lot of something.

Also, it never said what happened to Dr. Naomi, and I wasn't feeling the new Henry Cooldown voice. Its also kind of contradicted its story given that Travis had no idea Jean was his sister until they fought according to NMH1. His dad just kept her in a separate house to fuck. Unless Travis is suppose to have memory loss or something and those Jean events never happened.

LOL, at the Smash boss battle. Suda really wanted Travis in Smash. Didn't see the Daemon X Machina reference coming either.
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

I guessed you wouldn't have liked the game because I remember you really liked the motion controls in NMH1, but they're not really used for anything in 3 outside of recharging, the one wrestling move and finishers.
The stages and layouts were way better and more thought out in NMH1. In this, they all felt kind of cookie cutter like the combat sections of Deadly Premonition 2 compared to Deadly Premonition 1. They regular fights were just meaningless fodder to unlock the next boss fight.
lol there are no stages, all you do in the game is fight enemy waves in square rooms and boss fights. Ironically, the defense I see all the time online is that apparently, everyone hated the game having stages in the past, and it is therefore an improvement.
I wonder if they are going to release any DLC or something to do in those forbidden areas that are all over the map. Its felt like there was suppose to be a lot more to this game than what there was. There were all these things with a decent amount of effort in the design that served absolutely no purpose like those round buildings in Neo Brazil you could enter, or that island off the tip of Perfect World. It just feels like its missing something. A lot of something.
The game was barely finished. I went over it several pages ago, when I theorized that the game was just stapled together last minute, and then a couple of interviews pretty much confirmed it.
https://www.thegamer.com/interview-suda ... asshopper/

In short, they had a hard deadline to finish & release the game before the rights reverted back to Marvellous (which apparently just happened). Hence why the game feels so slapped together, it literally was. They only had the IP on a lease for five years, three of which were spent developing TSA. There simply was not the time to develop an actual open world high fidelity game like they planned to do. Not to mention covid lockdowns.
Anyway for that same reason, there won't be any DLC, or any more No More Heroes games until Marvellous decides to contract GHM to do more.

Granted I don't think more dev time would have saved the game. The art design is terrible. Not just in how ugly the game looks (and it's not a gfx problem. TSA looked great and it had a much lower LOD.) but also in how the UI constantly gets in the way while fighting. The combat system is just not fun to play with. You'll probably notice it even more if you try the higher difficulty levels. The story had one third of it cut out, but what is there really isn't good.
Also, it never said what happened to Dr. Naomi, and I wasn't feeling the new Henry Cooldown voice.
Apparently Quinton Flynn already had recorded the entirety of his dialogues in 2019 LOL, which means they had to go through the trouble of voicing the character again just because he was twitter cancelled (but won in court). Henry doesen't have much dialogue so I doubt it took much of a hit on the production, but it certainly didn't help.
Its also kind of contradicted its story given that Travis had no idea Jean was his sister until they fought according to NMH1. His dad just kept her in a separate house to fuck. Unless Travis is suppose to have memory loss or something and those Jean events never happened.
The game was going with the idea that all their memories were changed. It's likely that Jeane and Travis were groomed into fighting each other in NMH1 and that none of that backstory was real. FU and Damon also had fake memories, and are prone to forgetting things.
Unfortunately that is never brought up anywhere else in the game. It was most likely part of the 90 minutes of cutscenes they threw out. I went into it in this post here
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=74&p=1986
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Most Americans don't like Catholics (although this might be different now since the USA is practically Latino, lol.) so I dunno where that's coming from outside of Spic Fuentes who isn't even a real catholic.
A lot of right wing americans I interact with keep spouting this shit that the "cuck pope" ruined catholicism and he isn't a true catholic.
Living near the vatican (as in fucking physically next to the vatican) I can tell you that whole institution can go fuck itself, and maybe stop raping kids for five fucking minutes, because they did nothing but subvert & steal from italian citizens for their entire existance. Maybe if these fucks came to Rome for one fucking day, and saw how the Vatican produces & sponsors hollywood style merchandise about their god & capeshit saints, they'd change their tune.
Isn't ghm a privately owned company? So it's not like he has to answer to stock holders or anything who would definitely push towards the action game focus.
I also don't get that "action game focus" notion, what's the big deal, when did we missed that? Ghm I used to know is interesting new ideas that not being restricted by genre criterias. It's free for all and anything goes. Making new ways of approaching different themes and ideas in gaming, that wasn't overused to death before. I'm not gonna be happy if we'll be getting just "action game" every year, before 2051 when last kill the past game being released.

Maybe we just don't know something...
From what I understand. GHM was bought by Gungho in 2013. Then after the development of Let it Die, the company was restructured as a smaller independent studio, with only 20 employees. (NMH3 had a staff of 100+, but most of them were contractors.) On their website Gungho is just listed as a majour client now.
https://www.grasshopper.co.jp/en/company/outline.html
Which means they technically are independent, but I'm guessing they have to try and please their playerbase as much as possible specifically because they are so small.
The sales for NMH3 are not that different from The Silver Case re-release though which cost them nearly nothing lol, so I wonder if pandering to twitter nerds is worth it at all.
NMH 1 was their best selling game. (Which still sold like shit.) So from a logic stand point, it does make sense to pursue action games but GHM just aren't good at it.
Yeah I guess that was their thought process but 14 years have passed. Outside of that lollipop game it hasn't really worked out. Hell GHM was nearly "twitter cancelled" for Killer is Dead, if that game came out today the company would just be over lol.
They even try making shmups. it's funny how Suda actually does mention David Cage coz David Cage himself spoke highly of Killer7 when it first came out and David Cage's style of game seemed to be the most obvious direction that Suda should've took.
That's what Swery did actually, with D4. That was basically a david cage style interactive movie with QTE cutscenes and all.

The game failed hard, but that has more to do with how Microsoft dumped it & refused to advertise it after randomly deciding to drop every single japanese dev for the xbox brand lol. I thought it was much better than whatever the fuck DP2 was. I wish DP2 went the moviegame route, because the "gameplay" was just offensively bad, but the writing wasn't that great either. Swery was never that good in the first place but you get my meaning.
That is pretty good dialogue. It does a good job of world building, which prolly doesn't even exist outside of that line of dialogue lol. Unlike the rap battle, his dialogue has punch lines.
It's also referring to something real, which no modern Suda game is preoccupied with apparently. There's luxurious restaurants which you simply can't enter in, unless you're part of the "circle" (a mafia family) over here in Italy. That's both because the place has been bought out for the pleasure of whichever elite wanted to, but also because, it is used to discuss business that must be discussed in a "private" "public" place.
They mention a place like that for financial elites in American Psycho.

It's even funnier by the end of the game when you realize that Sylvia was just using her whorish charms & Travis' money to bribe her way into places, she had no business being into lol.
I'm always surprised when I replay NMH1 and how much I enjoy the writing compared to the absolute dogshit GHM would spend the next 14 years making. I had diarreah all day a couple of days ago, and muh woman made a joke on how, I was imitating Suda51, because I could not stop dumping shit.
Earlier in the thread I did say that Mika Nakashima is gorgeous, and she's Japanese. She def ain't submissive though.

Fuck that guy. He calls us 'White supremacists' (An Italian, Jap and an Poo N Loo Injun) when the only one who's 100% White out of all of us, IS HIM! All 3 of us are mixed raced at best. Then you get to his pale, pudgy balding ass, labeling us! A bunch of Non-Whites as "Huwite supremacists"
To be completely fair. He did just call us "right wing extremists" and "republicans" (again I'm not american nor do I vote but go explain that to an amerilard lol) and the "white supremacist" implication came later, when people started saying that "we" (again, they were referring to us as some collective mindscape made up of one fat white guy) hated the 25th ward for being an "SJW" game.
I still blame him because, he was in our forum. He knew that shit wasn't true, and he kept his mouth shut like a bitch piece of trash. I posted the actual threads in my FAQ. The piece of trash can go fuck himself, fucking calling me a white supremacist, when my JEWISH family was deported during WW2. Let me tell you, I suffer through my jewishness every day, when I have to stare at the top of my head and see it go balder and balder. WTF does he know, about the plight of the semite.
Also, hilariously, he banned Qish for asking legitimate questions about a likely scam (that the fat fuck was a VICTIM OF) but he did not even interject when fat fucking mutant americans were spreading lies about you & me, he knew to be fake, because he would partecipate in the threads themselves.
Nicki Minaji was ranting about this yesterday, how if you're Black & say anything that goes against the Democrats, they gang up on you call you a White supremacist or treat you like a subhuman. They do that shit to me too and I ain't Black.
Yeah I'll tell Rake to call up Nicki Minaj and tell her that I'll fuck her, if she comes to me and ask. In case you were wondering what happened to him. That is now Rake's role in life, he has to call up various women and tell them Danny D. Dataly will fuck them if they meet the specified requirements.
To be fair, modern wrestling is fucking nerdy & gay.
I think this is just as cringe as those NMH videos, ayy lmao! Especially when the Dork Order come in.
Well holy shit, I take it back. I don't know if it's an intentional inspiration, but god damn!
When people talk about wrestling, I always think to 80s, 90s style wrestling, japanese wrestling, or mexican wrestling. I keep forgetting that modern american wrestling exists because I was only watching NXT when they were still giving Asuka & Kairi decent matches. I tried watching some recent Asuka matches but the entire setting is dogshit, because her rivals are cosplaying as capeshit superheroes or harley quinn or some shit. I didn't even see how the demonic possession storyline ended (when she started manifesting the green mist LOL!) because the matches were so boring. They barely give her any space either.
That's prostitution without intercourse. THey're paying to be blue balled lol. No that argument was not in his 2 hour video at all, unless he suddenly randomly decided to bring up that point during the final 20 minutes. Sounded more like he was recapping to me during the last hour.
His argument (not verbatim) is that your brain can't distinguish between a real woman's vag, and wacking off so you ruin the reward mechanism of your dopamine receptors which were originally intended to to encourage the individual to keep on pursuing the behavior which trigger those dopamine hits.
It sounds like he got his own brain fucked over by modern day social media whores, and is just projecting his own mental illness on everyone else. As I said it used to be impossible to see the woman on screen as a real person you interact with, because she was playing a character in a movie.
Unless you are already mentally ill to the point of being unable to distinguish real people from movie characters, but that's a different issue altogether, which has nothing to do with jacking off. Does he also think that watching lord of the rings is dangerous, because your dopamine receptors related to friendship will be fried by Sam Gangee carrying Frodo? LOL!!
Anyway I don't give a shit what he says, I was just retelling my experience with zoomers who legitimately think that the e-girls they jack off to are their friends. That's the reason why Belle Delphine became a millionaire, she used to have PH51-style walls of text chats with her subscribers where she'd play psychiatrist or some shit. Good on her for making all that money, but obviously, that's unhealthy for people.
I don't relate at all to the guys who claim that they feel ashamed or start crying after wacking off.
That sounds absolutely insane. You're just taking out fluids from your body because they accumulate and your balls hurt. What the fuck is wrong with americans? Seriously what the fuck?
It's funny coz the USA rewrites their own history to make it look as if they always fought against anti-racism when they were the most racist of all. The Germans were actually the least racist. They just hated Jews, which may sound racist in a modern context but back in the early 1900s, White people hated practically everyone who wasn't White. Hitler treated Middle Easterners, Arabs, Afrikans & East Asians who lived in their own nations, as actual people. He may not have viewed them as equals, but he at least thought they were human which is more than what I could say for the other White ethnicities who didn't view us as human at all lol.
Fascists were also outright anti-racist when it came to italians. Mussolini used to chant praises thowards the italian jewish community, and spoke out against discrimination, up until he had to ally with Hitler because he was going to steamroll through Europe, and every other country was refusing military aid to Italy lol. (We had no real army. It was complete make believe.)
Racism is considered a staple of italian fascism, only because, they considered africans subhuman. Conveniently forgetting to mention that every single country in the world considered africans as subhuman in the 1930s.
That's not me defending Facism by the way. I labelled the current world order as fascist in my earlier post. (As in a corporate state, where education exists to create employees, and the army/police exists to protect corporate interests.) I'm just using actual words with actual meaning to describe actual systems, which is against the law now. By modern standards, every single country in the 1930s was racist. Racism was not a staple in Fascism, UNIFORMITY of all italians despite their racial differences was a staple in fascism (remind you or anything? WOah oh boy!)
Now racial separation was actually a staple of nazi ideology in regards to the jews (and it was implemented during fascism because we were essentially annexxed. Italian soldiers went from defending the french, to fighting the french, one day to the next due to international treaties.), but back then it was mainstream science. All Hitler did was go to school, and apply what he had learned. Eugenics was being pushed as mainstream science in american & european universities by American, & English oligarchs. It's the same science that led to mass sterilization in america.
https://www.uvm.edu/~lkaelber/eugenics/ ... ndividuals.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Xed51 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:57 pm I guessed you wouldn't have liked the game because I remember you really liked the motion controls in NMH1, but they're not really used for anything in 3 outside of recharging, the one wrestling move and finishers.
The stages and layouts were way better and more thought out in NMH1. In this, they all felt kind of cookie cutter like the combat sections of Deadly Premonition 2 compared to Deadly Premonition 1. They regular fights were just meaningless fodder to unlock the next boss fight.
lol there are no stages, all you do in the game is fight enemy waves in square rooms and boss fights. Ironically, the defense I see all the time online is that apparently, everyone hated the game having stages in the past, and it is therefore an improvement.
The game was barely finished. I went over it several pages ago, when I theorized that the game was just stapled together last minute, and then a couple of interviews pretty much confirmed it.
https://www.thegamer.com/interview-suda ... asshopper/
In short, they had a hard deadline to finish & release the game before the rights reverted back to Marvellous (which apparently just happened). Hence why the game feels so slapped together, it literally was. They only had the IP on a lease for five years, three of which were spent developing TSA. There simply was not the time to develop an actual open world high fidelity game like they planned to do. Not to mention covid lockdowns.
Anyway for that same reason, there won't be any DLC, or any more No More Heroes games until Marvellous decides to contract GHM to do more.

Granted I don't think more dev time would have saved the game. The art design is terrible. Not just in how ugly the game looks (and it's not a gfx problem. TSA looked great and it had a much lower LOD.) but also in how the UI constantly gets in the way while fighting. The combat system is just not fun to play with. You'll probably notice it even more if you try the higher difficulty levels. The story had one third of it cut out, but what is there really isn't good.
Also, it never said what happened to Dr. Naomi, and I wasn't feeling the new Henry Cooldown voice.
Apparently Quinton Flynn already had recorded the entirety of his dialogues in 2019 LOL, which means they had to go through the trouble of voicing the character again just because he was twitter cancelled (but won in court). Henry doesen't have much dialogue so I doubt it took much of a hit on the production, but it certainly didn't help.
Its also kind of contradicted its story given that Travis had no idea Jean was his sister until they fought according to NMH1. His dad just kept her in a separate house to fuck. Unless Travis is suppose to have memory loss or something and those Jean events never happened.
The game was going with the idea that all their memories were changed. It's likely that Jeane and Travis were groomed into fighting each other in NMH1 and that none of that backstory was real. FU and Damon also had fake memories, and are prone to forgetting things.
Unfortunately that is never brought up anywhere else in the game. It was most likely part of the 90 minutes of cutscenes they threw out. I went into it in this post here
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=74&p=1986
That explains it.

It did have 1 stage. Mr Blackholes, and there was 1/20th of a stage before the final boss, lol, but damn, did that part feel gutted. I was expecting each of theme to have a stage like Mr Blackholes, but nothing. Just straight to the boss fight.

Did you find any of the VN sections? I found 2 of them, but I don't know of any others. I even searched online and no one even mentions the ones I found aside from the first one because its needs to access the Gacha machines. I was hoping there was some more of them, as the writing in those was better than the normal game content.

Another thing I forgot to mention that I hated about the combat is that there is no lock-on. Or at least I couldn't figure out how to do it. I ran into so many situations where I was trying to target an enemy with an ability for it to jump to the wrong one or turn and face another nearby enemy when I'm trying to stun or grab one. Its a shame they didn't have more time to work on this game.

It also does not have the classic OP which is a CRIME (I don't actually care)
However the writing really made it worth it for me. It goes in some interesting directions I was not expecting; It starts off as an adaptation of the 1973 manga, with a twist in the fact that Sister Jill is apparently setting up her own Panther Claw minions to get killed off US Army style, while she grooms Honey into turning to the dark side by posing as a police detective / lesbian sexual gangster, which eventually leads some of her minions to revolt against her. The ending even has Angel Honey finally fight the god of Panther Claw as a female version of Boss from Mazinger Z comes back from the dead to stop a meteorite with her hands or some shit. I forget the details, but it was pretty crazy. It even plays with your expectations a bit by adapting certain scenes from the manga nearly word for word, only to change it around at the last minute in double twists and what not.
You mean its actually interesting? I thought it was just going to be another butchered mess like Macross Delta. Some modernized shit that cashes in on the name. The lack of the classic theme really sealed the deal. I might actually check it out if what you are saying it true.
The game failed hard, but that has more to do with how Microsoft dumped it & refused to advertise it after randomly deciding to drop every single japanese dev for the xbox brand lol. I thought it was much better than whatever the fuck DP2 was. I wish DP2 went the moviegame route, because the "gameplay" was just offensively bad, but the writing wasn't that great either. Swery was never that good in the first place but you get my meaning.
I actually like D4. its shame Swery left halfway into season 2's development and caused it to fold. He had some kind of mid life crisis and quit his company if I remember correctly. All that exists of season 2 are some stills he released to tease fans.

https://www.unseen64.net/2017/12/05/d4- ... cancelled/

Deep wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:53 am No More Heroes 3 is a big "fuck you" for anyone who looked forward for something substantial. Suda haven't made any above average game since 2008 (NMH1 was the last one). That's more than a decade we're talking. I hate to shit like that, but I think he isn't capable anymore. Game is lacking in features, and not only that, everything is lacking. You can't even compare it to the previous titles.

He's seems to be just as capable, but his hands are tied. He doesn't fund his own games, and what he does make is controlled by publishers. EA forced him to change Shadows of the Damned from an adventure game to a shooter. Gungho forced him to change Lily Bergamo to Let it Die. The publisher of Killer is Dead also forced him to alter a lot of shit in that. He can't just make things as he pleases. He's got to answer to the people footing the bill.
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Did you find any of the VN sections? I found 2 of them, but I don't know of any others. I even searched online and no one even mentions the ones I found aside from the first one because its needs to access the Gacha machines. I was hoping there was some more of them, as the writing in those was better than the normal game content.
THere's four of them total. One of them is just triggered by story cutscenes. The other three are labelled on the map.
One of them is the one that unlocks the gacha machines so you obviously know about that one. The other two are the one about the magical girl compact and the ghost girl, and the one you are given by an android in the diner. Both of them are triggered in Perfect Life. The only thing you might possibly be missing is the second episode of the android one, because you have to meet an NPC in the Call of Battle map, on the beach.
None of them unlock anything or really add anything to the story, it's one of many things I guessed they really wanted to do more of, but couldn't.
Another thing I forgot to mention that I hated about the combat is that there is no lock-on. Or at least I couldn't figure out how to do it. I ran into so many situations where I was trying to target an enemy with an ability for it to jump to the wrong one or turn and face another nearby enemy when I'm trying to stun or grab one. Its a shame they didn't have more time to work on this game.
You just press one of the triggers for lock-on. I think it was L2/ZL but I might be wrong lol.
You mean its actually interesting? I thought it was just going to be another butchered mess like Macross Delta. Some modernized shit that cashes in on the name. The lack of the classic theme really sealed the deal. I might actually check it out if what you are saying it true.
I thought it was dogshit when I first started watching it, but the second half really captured me. Though don't take my word as gospel. I have very low standards when it comes to animoo, and also, in this specific instance I am a fanboy. I will clap and cheer like an american angloid monster when cutie honey transforms and defeats the bad guys in the name of JUSTICE! Keep that in mind every time I call out capeshit on being god awful KEK.
Also keep in mind the low budget really is evident in that all the fights take place in some blue screen dimension to save money on backgrounds lol.

Are you a fan of the original manga by Go Nagai?
It is way more interesting if you actually are, because Universe is actually an adaptation of the very original, with a twist that ends up changing the conclusion altogether, exactly like Devilman Crybaby. One thing a lot of people missed is that Crybaby, Universe, MAzinger Z Infinity, Getter Ark etc. are all part of a Go Nagai renaissance/homage of sorts, where it really only pays off if you were a fan of the originals. (Getter Robo Ark is actually a conclusion of the manga that was originally left incomplete by Ken Ishikawa's death. Ken Ishikawa was an apprentice of Go Nagai, working in Dynamic Productions. Getter Robo also happens to be the best mech ever made up by a japanese manlet.)
I actually like D4. its shame Swery left halfway into season 2's development and caused it to fold. He had some kind of mid life crisis and quit his company.
Swery is an alcoholic. I am an alcoholic myself, in fact I am drunk right now, so I can relate on some level, but I never let it affect my day job. My shitty health was a much bigger issue than alcoholism ever was lol.
Anyway his excuse for leaving the company is that higher ups were jelous of his popularity, which I just don't buy. Nobody gives a shit about Swery. That's not me dissing him, I liked every single game he made except for DP2, and he didn't even work on the actual game (just wrote the story, which I thought was okay). It's more likely than him going out every single night to get shitfaced played a part in it, he kept bragging about it on social media day after day, calling himself the DrinKING, KEK!
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Are you a fan of the original manga by Go Nagai?
It is way more interesting if you actually are, because Universe is actually an adaptation of the very original, with a twist that ends up changing the conclusion altogether, exactly like Devilman Crybaby. One thing a lot of people missed is that Crybaby, Universe, MAzinger Z Infinity, Getter Ark etc. are all part of a Go Nagai renaissance/homage of sorts, where it really only pays off if you were a fan of the originals. (Getter Robo Ark is actually a conclusion of the manga that was originally left incomplete by Ken Ishikawa's death. Ken Ishikawa was an apprentice of Go Nagai, working in Dynamic Productions. Getter Robo also happens to be the best mech ever made up by a japanese manlet.)
I'm a huge mecha fan. Speaking of which, I need to get back to the Super Robot Wars games got on my Switch.

Didn't Devilman Crybaby end the same way as the original? With Akira losing and the world getting destroyed? They didn't change anything that mattered.

I haven't watched Mazinger Infinity. I have it on my computer, I'm so busy trying to catch up on games when I'm not working, that I forget its there. Never heard of Getter Robo Ark which shows just how much I've been following this shit. I haven't really watched much anime at all in the past 5 years do to me hating almost everything that comes out now. The days of shit like Serial Experiments Lain, Samurai Champloo, and Paranoia Agent are long gone. That's the type of shit I watched. Now its all galge and generic shounen anime. No one does anything creative or original anymore. Even ero anime has dropped off in quality. Something I didn't think was possible.

Z Gundam and would be the best every made, but Getter Robo is definitely top tier. How does Ark stack up to Shin Getter Armageddon?

All this mecha talk just reminded me that the final Evangelion rebuild movie just released. The fact I haven't heard anyone talking about it tells me that it was underwhelming like the rest, lol, but I'll check it out anyway.
THere's four of them total. One of them is just triggered by story cutscenes. The other three are labelled on the map.
One of them is the one that unlocks the gacha machines so you obviously know about that one. The other two are the one about the magical girl compact and the ghost girl, and the one you are given by an android in the diner. Both of them are triggered in Perfect Life. The only thing you might possibly be missing is the second episode of the android one, because you have to meet an NPC in the Call of Battle map, on the beach.
None of them unlock anything or really add anything to the story, it's one of many things I guessed they really wanted to do more of, but couldn't.
Okay, the only one I'm missing is the Magical girl one.
Deep
Spiral Smile

Post by Deep »

I found total of 3 VN adventure: 1 - collect ore, 2 - oldman and dead wife, 3 - broken robot. I think that's it, after last one, nothing new appeared on the map, and there is no progress bar for these missions (but you have stats for all the unimportant bullshit like trees and dublebdngers).
He doesn't fund his own games, and what he does make is controlled by publishers.
I remember in Art of GHM there are something about it, like "first you have to make some games for companies, then make games for yourself". Well, if that's the case, it's been A WHILE! When is next "game for yourself"?
Another thing I forgot to mention that I hated about the combat is that there is no lock-on.
Yeah, there is lock-on on left triggers, you can also switch from one enemy to another during the lock-on sequence.

I finished DP2 last week, sure it wasn't as good as DP1, but I had fun time playing thru it. In fact, much more fun than nmh3 in terms of game enjoyment. Game did changed tone, from pure detective horror to some regular CSI comedy. I agree that combat battle sections weren't the best. And it's seems that game would be much better if it had just Heavy Rain gameplay, with walking & talking, solving crimes, investegating shit around da house, you know. I was much more engaged with it, even if story not that mysterious as Greenwhale one. I liked modern one (in D4 apartment lol) too. And can anyone tell my why York isn't afraid to talk about movies, naming ALL OF THE people who made it, with actors and directors, yet Travis and Bishop 2 are relying on *** symbols in titles, wtf? St*r W*rs Th* L**t Poop? Are they afraid of DMCA or what? Seems retarded to me...
kill the past
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Damn. So I played through the entire game without using lock-on, lol. Still, the lack of alternate weapons/characters was really a let down for me. They didn't even explain what happened to all of his old beam Katanas. He is apparently using the Bloodberry given that he says its name sometimes at the start of fights, the original NMH1 weapon, instead of the Tsubaki III, but it looks like the Tsubaki III. No style changes whatsoever. Just the same combos over and over the whole game.

The music in NM3 was mostly forgettable. I guess Yamaoka must not work for GHM anymore, because I saw no credits for him in any of the songs. Only heard 2 tracks in the whole game I liked. No Takada or Yamaoka is a shame.

All this mecha talk just reminded me that the final Evangelion rebuild movie just released. The fact I haven't heard anyone talking about it tells me that it was underwhelming like the rest, lol, but I'll check it out anyway.
It was suurprisingly good this time. It actually felt like the classic Evas, but kicked it up a notch. The other 3 movies were just fanserice and rewrites with minor characters surviving. This actually felt conclusive and fleshed out, but then it better had given how long this shit has been in production. It didn't leave much unexplained, though it definitely retconned stuff from the original series. I guess this is what the movies were overall, though.
Deep
Spiral Smile

Post by Deep »

Just the same combos over and over the whole game.
From what I understand, there are 3 combos (or 6) light and heavy. Each set of 2 divided between 3 tention meter stages. Yeah, game has a tention bar, but it's a cat face in the right botom corner. Cat changes faces 3 times, and it jumps between combos. When you reach max level of tention, you'll be figihting with 2 combos (1 light and 1 heavy). Beam katana transforms into different katanas with every swing. It doesn't explains in the game why is that, just like the rest of the game at all. Make your shit up on your own.
I guess Yamaoka must not work for GHM anymore
Last time he was working on some in 25th Wards one, but that was 3 years ago. Since then there are no work done for ghm, afaik. Fukuda also left ghm, from what I understand, but he does gigs from time to time (for the sake of old times I guess).
kill the past
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Just found out that this was the final boss theme for FU in 1.00 version of NMH3 before the first patch. Then it was replaced after first patch with some cutscene song that plays earlier in the game. Why?! Its so much better than the one they used. This was actually in the game.

He's a video where it still played.

Also, this was the first battle theme that only plays once in the whole game which is a damn shame given that it sounds better than 90% of the rest of the battle themes.

Man, fuck Marvelous. They could have given them a year extension or something do to Covid. I guess we'll never know what might have been.

Also, the musical chairs theme.... I was seriously not expecting an J-hiphop song for that shit. lol