The Man, the Myth.. The Missing? Q spoke to me, "Mr. TD is trapped in the Black Lodge. You must Kill the Past to free him."

Moderator: MagnificentTerrorism

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Re: No More Heroes | Topics

Post by Jack »

Xed51 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:21 pm
In this context it does make sense. Kinda funny coz earlier in the thread I said Kamui was similar to the Puppet Master from Ghost in the Shell, and apparently there is a much lesser, non-omnipotent version of the puppet master within the KTP united NMH Pointing Soyjacks universe.
Yeah you're missing some context from the 25th ward. Although you seem to remember TSC and FSR very well despite never having played TSC in english lol.
Uh oh Uh oh Plebbit phrasing coming through "It's almost as if..." It's almost as if!"
It's almost as if I'm the motherfucka who originally translated and wrote a general guideline of these shitty ass games, into English. I haven't played FSR in English either. I tried but the DS version looks fucking ugly.
I find it fucking hilarious how I supposedly lied about everything yet my 'lies' are pretty spot on, it's as if I actually sat on my ass & suffered playing through these garbage ass games about 4 times each in Japanese only, where I wrote down what ever I thought was interesting and stored it into several text documents that I could later use as a general guide line for what was going on in these games.

That's one of the many reasons why I fucking hate this fanbase. They treat me like garbage when I didn't need to spend $90 fucking dollars on an import copy of Silver Case. I didn't need to actually write down a general guideline of what I thought the games were saying. I didn't need to waste several months and years of my life to some small ass niche indie games that I generally would never decide to play if I have the choice. I had lots of other things on my plate that I could've been doing, but it nagging at me that I know these games exist coz I had them in front of me. So I just did what I always used to do. (I'm referring to what I did and was still doing before & after I made the original site. Writing about Jap subcultures and the like.) I wrote about these games on the fucking internet coz no one else was going to.

i did it anyway, coz I couldn't ignore that these games were closely related to K7.

Even worse, I did this shit backwards! I started with the most recent game, FSR and then I worked my way backwards. When I played FSR, I didn't understand shit about the plot twists.
I didn't even know who the hell that random White guy (Tetsuguro, AYY LMAO!) was supposed to be during the ending.
How the fuck am I supposed to know who Tokio is? They reveal him in FSR as if I'm supposed to know who this random fucker is. What the fuck is this Kamui thing?
I didn't fucking understand anything about what was going on in FSR, coz it's not actually a stand alone game. How the fuck was I supposed to know that though? The only thing I knew was that it was sorta related to Killer7 coz of Ed & the hotel, who I also saw in Killer7. Seriously, Suda really fucking sucks at marketing. What's the big idea of making a game that's not a sequel when the game makes zero sense without Silver Case?

Then when I played Silver Case several months or maybe a year after, I noticed familiar names like Sumio and I saw that same 'White' dude from FSR. I couldn't piece together the name Tetsuguro, it's a fucking weird name. It's basically just two nouns put together to sound like a name, lol. He has a name that's similar to Sorakuro or Momohime where it sounds more like a title or an alias rather than a name.
Then I looked at the fucking instruction manual, after I sat through the intro. I saw Sundance Shot from FSR. I was like wtf? It's that badass pirate guy from FSR? The fuck is he doing here? I read the little excerpt about him, I'm like cool. Can't wait to see him in the game. (You never see him LOL!)
Then there's this Sumio guy I saw after I played through the boring fucking first mission.
The list of commonalities I saw between SC, FSR & K7 kept adding up which was why I kept adding these games to the site. I couldn't deny that they're related somehow based off of what I was playing.

What's fucking funny is that when I eventually emulated Moonlight Syndrome. I didn't even fucking notice that Ryo Kazan & Sumio Toba's sister were the same people from the fucking boring ass intro mission of Silver Case. I went through the entirety of MS not noticing that. No, you know what I did notice? Yayoi from FSR, lol. She was what got me to sit through Moonlight Syndrome & play it in its entirety. I think I only played through MS once, but I played through some of the chapters several times. I also noticed Sumio, coz his name is Sumio and he looks like Sumio. Sure they're not the same character, but I don't fucking care that they're two different people. The Sumios look the same. Considering it's a universe filled with clones. The only reason why they're two completely different characters is coz their ages don't match. Although FSR definitely confirms that they're not the same people coz Yayoi & Sumio don't recognize each other at all. Sure she's sociopathic, but I think even she would've been a little shocked that Toba still lived and try to poison him anyway, lol. Even though he's the one who killed himself.
I probably would've liked NMH1's Sylvia Christel coz her personality sounds exactly like Yayoi's. A user, abuser, & a flirt. A corrupt character who relies on her feminine wiles. Characters like that are rare in video games, and always will be so long as the USA controls the gaming medium.

I did play the first two missions or whatever of the first two Twilight Syndrome games, but I didn't bother translating them since they have nothing to do with Suda's universe.
TS is some kind of supernatural Scooby Doo minus the dog, the preppy & stoner.
MS is more about urban threats & physical threats whereas TS is about solving mysteries about alleged ghosts.
Unlike any KTP adv game that Suda made, TS games actually have some gameplay in the form of choice & consequences. Nothing major, you just die when you pick the wrong choice.
Some of the cases do seem super natural. Other cases end up like Famicom Detective Club where there's a completely ordinary explanation for that specific mystery. Whatever fuck it. I ain't wasting my time translating these games for anyone any more, especially when I just get treated like trash.
So anyway about MS, I didn't even know that Mitra was the same kid from K7, or that the kid even had a name in K7. What I noticed most about MS is how the story structure matched several themes from both SC & K7.
If I recall, MS ends with a school teacher dude or whatever, who's revealed to be the murderer. or at least, it gets blamed on him since he was killing girls and doing whatever with their bodies, cutting them up & shit.
The school setting & the diced up sluts, reminded me of K7's Coburn & Blackburn's government sanctioned body organ trafficking. (I can't believe this was in a video game. It's a little too close to real life. Although we're only allowed to point fingers at China for cutting up & selling people.

I forget since I only played through it once. Obviously the levels that I played through several times were the stages when Sumio Toba is still alive and the final level where everyone dies.
It wasn't until I booted up SC again, starting from begin to end, that I finally noticed that Ryo & Rumi were the same characters from the ending of Moonlight Syndrome. I deduced that the head must've been Kyoko, Ryo's incest love affair sister. Probably wrong, I don't fucking care. All that matters is that he murdered some random woman to make it look like it was the decapitated head of his sister.
I think it works better that it's just a random girl he killed, coz it's what serial killers do in real life, they add victims to their kill count just to recreate some special scene or feeling they had in their life. That's basically Jason Voorhee's story. Jason spares you if you wear his dead mother's clothes, coz he doesn't see you. He only sees his mom. That's how I interpret the Ryo scene in SC.
If that's his sister's head cool. If not, that's also cool. She had big tits mang!

LOL imagine being Tetsuguro and running into that. What's in the bag, holy fuck it's a woman's head. No wonder why he gunned them down ayy LMAO!

Now imagine me discovering all this shit backwards, and then trying to work my way back from MS, to SC, FSR & K7. I had to play through them several times to make sure I wasn't seeing things. That these games were all connected.
Without me I don't think anyone would've ever figured this shit out that Suda already had a game universe long before he ever made K7.
Oh but I'm the one who supposedly made everything up.

For what reason? I don't fucking care about internet fame. One of the running jokes from the old site back when I first created it was how I was way more popular than the actual site since I already had 'fame' from other communities such as the Japanese music scene. I really should've stayed in my lane, coz I didn't realize just how territorial gamers are. It's fucking hilarious how gamers take this online shit so seriously.

For an example of how fucking retarded gaming is, I was part of Dj Hasebe's social circle through my notoriety in the Jap music scene (Hasebe did some remixes & music for Silver Case), but in the online gaming community, I was always treated like shit. I should've realized that from the get go since I immediately clashed with that icy fag and the Ecelebs from the old Atlus boards really fucking hated me too. I was also kicked out of RpgCodex. I got kicked out of plenty of gaming sites, coz I always talked shit back. For some reason, that's illegal to do in vidya gaem forums.
Funny thing was, I didn't actually do anything to be hated. I guess everyone just hates how I never submit to anyone, since that seems to be the thing that you do in video game boards. it seems that you're supposed to submit to your overlords.
What a shame, I always liked how unique these forums were coz you couldn't just be a hot girl & claim to be a girl gamer and expect to get special treatment since I treated everyone the fucking same.

That's my downfall right there. Even when it came to these tranny assholes, I dared to relate to them, ask them what their occupation is. When I surmised that they were a Neet, did I judge them? No, I tried to relate with that too coz I'm a Neet, technically lol.
What happens? THose gay motherfuckers do gay ops on me coz they were extremely insulted that I asked what their occupation was, when I did that as a fucking compliment. Normally in real life, when someone asks what your job is, they're doing so because they want to know you better & to try to understand where your coming from.

NOPE in gaming communities, they think that's an insult so then they proceed to lie about you to everyone. When I didn't do jack shit to them. I'm not even talking about CJ. I'm talking about other tranny retards who used these forums. It makes me mad that they go around telling everyone that I'm some kind of Nazi, when I was never rude to these motherfuckers once, but they still start shit with me when even mobster in real life are afraid of me. That's something that I'll never understand.

That's the story how I went through these games. I always treated the website as a side project coz it always was until the infamy I gained from this community bled into my real life since I was known by that name, in real life. In real life a lot of people would even address me by catch phrases I had such as "Howdy Howdy Part-nah!" and they'd try to say it like how I do.
It's weird how I'm the same person coz barely anyone knows me now. I had to get used to that last year.
A lot of people knew me by that name, but it's forever tainted by this fucking GHM internet gaming community. It's funny how such a small community could do so much damage to me coz the other scene I was in, is like 3 times larger than Suda's fanbase. (A fucking civil war started over me at Jpopmusic forums way back before this site even existed.)
The problem is, even the English portion of the J scene is completely polluted with Trannys & SJWs. The Japs and even the Jap music stars are completely oblivious to this SJW bullshit. So I was still cool with that part of the crowd until I dropped all contact altogether. I'm just mad how people who knew me for decades can just think this obviously made up bullshit about me.

It's not just me though. This same exact shit, of the founders getting cancelled from the very fucking thing they created has happened to plenty of people in the USA who suddenly got cancelled. Ric Flair of WCW/NWA/WWE just got canceled coz he fucked some girl or flight attendant inside of an airplane. I still don't understand what he did that was so wrong. OOOh no, Ric's helicopter dick. The USA internet talks about this incident like it's so evil when it just sounds funny as fuck to me.
In the USA, you're an evil man if you're heterosexually attracted to women.
What's funny is that when the Ric Flair incident originally happened, people were initially just laughing. Like 'That's good ol Slick Ric, he can still get it up." Then all of a sudden he's getting canceled from everywhere for being a 'misogynist', for the same exact incident that everyone was just laughing at & having a good time with, nearly a month ago.
https://www.distractify.com/p/why-is-ri ... g-canceled
When those pics originally came out, everyone was laughing at it. Now everyone is portraying it as if he one dimensional evil. Notice how the USA always blindly takes the woman's side, for mothafucking everything.

It makes me so fucking mad seeing who I was, to who I am now. I'm still fucking awesome, and still get treated like a King in real life. On internet, I'm a fucking pariah. NErds rule the internet.

Have me feeling like the lyrics to Plastic Love.

Except in my case, I refuse to speak or get to know anyone that I don't already know. In Mariyah's lyrics, she just can't connect with any man anymore, unless she's using them (hence the title Plastic love) and it's all due to how she was backstabbed for fucking nothing.
I already knew about Mariyah, I just found it funny how her song started playing in one of my auto generated 80s music playlist. She's like the only Jap song that just randomly showed up.
Kurumizawa is actually one of the most interesting characters in the 25th ward, because he actually is destroying the status quo from within, although he still appears to be a "villain" in the context of the game.
Many of the characters in the game are secretly aligned with Kurumizawa, either wittingly or unwittingly (for example, he straight up manipulates Kiryu (not kazuma kiryu lol, yakuza looking dude who is the leader of the Regional Adjustment Bureau) by making him believe, they are working to preserve the status quo against inside agents, when he himself is the inside agent.
Kosaka from TSC has his own inter-agency undercover group, which is supposedly aligned with the FSO (He's described as a Frontier loyalist. Sakura Natsume, Kamui & Sumio are all working for him, while officially belonging to different agencies) so I'm not sure if he was directly working with Kurumizawa, or if their interests just aligned. Both Kurumizawa and Kosaka have infiltrators in nearly every single faction of the 25th ward.
This is what I like about KTP, pre-Soyjack NMH universe unification. I liked how there were many differing degrees to villainy in this series.

You have the Hachisuka family, who act exactly like American style Managerial politicians whom have been in office since we were all just little kids, like Nancy Pelosi or Bush Senior.
Then you have these unknown, deity like entities such as Kamui, Kun Lan, Mitra.
Then we have characters like Toriko Kusabi & Sundance Shot who are completely inscrutable.
Yayoi Hanayama & whatever her MS name was is just as inscrutable, but she seems to be a normal sociopathic woman until I recall about that scene where she's having a Dragonball Z fireball fight with her sister AYY LMAO

You have the Globalists in Elbow.
Another deity-like entity in Mizawa, except he's digital.

Many of the antagonists in this series, aren't characters that you fight. You can't fight them, they're an idea.
Killing them doesn't change anything. Well mostly. Eliminating Hachisuka's kin fixed that one immediate problem but it was never about the Hachisuka's anyway. It's the type of evil that they represent which is the problem and another politician faggot who gets reelected every single time will just take their place.
Again, that's some context from 25W. Kurumizawa is operating under RAB chain of command, even though he's actually an inside agent / traitor to the bureau. In the RAB chain of command, Observers, Divers and Cleaners are specific ranks. RAB cleaners, like Garcian Smith, supposedly don't actually kill anyone, their role is to clean up bodies.
I thought he was the Killer7, so I always assumed that he's just killing people while believing that he's some leggy Japanese bitch wearing nothing but a towel ayy lmao. Gotta admit that would be scary, he's like some 6'3 Black dude who thinks he's a small japanese woman lol!
God damn 25W really did have good writing lol. I actually like how confusing shit gets, because just in real life, the same terms are used to indicate different things. For example, Kurumizawa is an "Observer" in the context of the RAB, but at the same time, the term "observer" is also used in the context of quantum physics since he ascended as a virtual/fictional character. (He has to concoct a fake murder that he is the culprit of just to be recognized as a real person that exists lol. It later turns out there was no murder, and the corpse caught on camera was a mannequin, but it was enough to plant the idea of Kurumizawa's existance in the minds of the investigators.)
Much like Kamui refers to a killer in the late 70s (who didn't kill anyone lol), a different killer from 1999 who is both a different person and the same person, some guy in the 25th ward's police force, an ancestral god-like entity inhabiting silver eyes, just victims of the Kamui maspro that were implanted with a Kamui persona, so on and so forth.
In real life they generally use patsies like Lee Harvey Oswald that they MKultrad to hell to completely veil the reality of the entire assassination. Similar to how pristine passports were found next to 9/11 wreckage that cohencedentally points toward Saudi Arabia, but the USA just goes after Iraq instead, lol.
It's a sleight of hand, the only thing that needed to happen was a collective fear & anger to rain judgment on those that the American plebs believed were responsible. (Although Americans keep forgetting that it was mostly nationals from foreign countries who died during 9/11, LOL!)

How this relates with Mizawa is that governments create mythology to enact real actions, based off of a fabrication. The story is fake, but the collective fear, & paranoia is real so everyone reacts to that fake story as though it were real. If you question that supposed 'reality', you're a conspiracy theoriest.
Travis ends up pacifying him by telling him that he's actually a child at heart, and he just needs some buddies or some shit. Hence why he looks like a kid in NMH3, and why he's some sort of fanboy.
I never said it was a good reason
It's still a stupid supporting character who worships the hero bullshit. From what I've read of Kamui, he generally comes off as charismatic cult figure like Kane.
KANE LIVES!

I can't imagine Kane playing second fiddle to a loser like Travis Touchmyself.
Kane doesn't even play second fiddle to Stalin, although he pretended to lol.
Makes me wonder if she isn't cucking Travis.
Of course he's a cuck. Look at him.
I mean, more than normal,
lol!
To add to this. Obviously the whole point of those ranks is to avoid implying anything related to murder in common speech. For example, the murder of random citizens is called "adjustment". That is because the Regional Adjustment Bureau, was operating under the cover of the postal system.
I was talking about in this thread about how the 25th ward might have been Suda's critique of Koizumi's politics.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=67
The opposition party of Japan is the Democrat party. I was always kinda confused by the whole Liberal thing in Killer7 coz Matsuken seemed to be way more Liberal Democrat Party than anything else, but it's coz I was confused by the naming. K7's Liberal party most likely refers to the Democrat party who actually are as weak & retarded as they're portrayed in K7 lol.
Matsuken is some Nippon Kaigi traditionalist, or at least, he seems to be modeled after them.
Fuckushima also sounds like Nippon Kaigi. It'd make sense, they generally infiltrate institutions & take over.

Midorikawa's appearence doesen't have any purpose in the finished game, they were even going to reveal her as related to a Shadows of the Damned character because I guess GHM just sees more potential in that IP than they do in the silver case games.
Suda is retarded. Now sure, no one is ever going to like these boring ass Silver Case/FSR text dump games. That's why you give it a real budget like LA Noire. Shit even that Telltale's crap is preferable. The average American doesn't even know how to read. I'm not exaggerating, they really don't. Americans aren't even taught cursive any more.
Even something like Dangan Ronpa is mostly voice acted. It's a testament to how good Suda's writing is, that I always imagine his characters speaking in voices anyway, and this is coming from a guy who only played SC & FSR in Japanese.

I was really into that Route 69 game (This is def how a Silver Case should play like.) until it became obvious that 69 had a very shallow perception of politics.

It's another one of those Western style games where they believe that one political faction is True Good, and the other political faction is True Evil. It's fucking funny to me coz Governments are just cults to begin with. None of them are good, they're all just paying tribute to their own Gods. Funny how in the West, they only demonize one god, the Christian God but they allow Canaanite, Egyptian, Satanic, gods to flourish & influence society.

Your society takes the form of your government's dominant god which is why the USA is so fucking faggy. USA's society is modeled after Baphomet who has both female & male body parts but is genderless. Just like how the USA is often the country who tries to force this concept of gender being a learned behavior.
What I find amusing, is how Westerners (Asians cry about it too, but I think they do it to goad Westerners into bullying Japan.) fucking hate Yasukuni shrine & call it a Nazi cemetery or whatever when the Japanese are just worshipping Emperor Jimmu, the son of Amaterasu the Japanese goddess of the Sun, who in turn was the daughter of the Jap gods of creation.
https://creationstoryjapan.wordpress.co ... t-emperor/
The point I'm getting at is that you're allowed to worship gods that destabilize society, but heaven or hell forbid that you dare to worship gods (god as in Idea.) who fucking founded your society.
Even the Taliban managed to take back their society, which proves to me that a mans' connection with their Gods, eventually rewards them with their faith.
Especially when contrasted with the USA, who seems to sell out people way more than even CCP China does.

Put this in perspective, I've never seen this alleged Fundamentalist Catholic Gyroper Army in real life USA (Although I think I've ran into Spic Fuentes before. He's a fucking scrawny girly man who looks Irish. He's obviously larping.)
But I have seen plenty of trannies in real life, and we even have Gender Neutral bathrooms at WA. Most of them don't pass at all, and everyone seems to walk on egg shells around them, kissing up to their hairy asses in shit.
It's fucking funny coz Japan & Korea have plenty of girly looking dudes but they're considered manly coz they still act manly, and attract women. They ain't gays in the closet either. They're legit straight. If these faggots were gay, I'd be thinking a few of them would've came out by now instead of marrying Japanese pornstars lol.
I don't know what Korea's excuse is, for Japan the girly man is probably viewed as a Rockstar (and they literally are in most cases since they're at least part of the pop scene.) since they have that long tradition of Kabuki which has always been gender bent. Kinda weird though considering Kabuki was created by a woman.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Uh oh Uh oh Plebbit phrasing coming through "It's almost as if..." It's almost as if!"
It's almost as if I'm the motherfucka who originally translated and wrote a general guideline of these shitty ass games, into English. I haven't played FSR in English either. I tried but the DS version looks fucking ugly.
I find it fucking hilarious how I supposedly lied about everything yet my 'lies' are pretty spot on, it's as if I actually sat on my ass & suffered playing through these garbage ass games about 4 times each in Japanese only, where I wrote down what ever I thought was interesting and stored it into several text documents that I could later use as a general guide line for what was going on in these games.
Yeah it weirds me out because I honestly assumed since you didn't give a shit about ghm games anymore (Really I don't either. I just check out the new ones out of a sense of obbligation, but I had no expectations for nmh3, and it even fell short of my non-expectations.) you wouldn't remember the earlier games, but your recollection is pretty spot-on. You got a couple of things wrong (For example it's actually Sakura that shoots Chizuru Hachisuka as she gets activated as Ayame, not Tetsugoro, but that's an easy mistake to make considering Tetsugoro kills everyone else in that same chapter lol. Uminosuke Hachisuka is not arrested, he gets killed by Tokio Morishima off screen, who then scoops up his silver eye with a spoon. Though it's barely mentioned in the original TSC & FSR, it's mostly elaborated upon in the new TSC chapter that was added in the remaster.) but that's normal, 15 years went by. This is the kind of stuff that is framed as "lies" from Captain "Hitler did nothing wrong, the holocaust never happened but I wish it did" Jack, who is also the same person as me lol.
The opposition party of Japan is the Democrat party. I was always kinda confused by the whole Liberal thing in Killer7 coz Matsuken seemed to be way more Liberal Democrat Party than anything else, but it's coz I was confused by the naming. K7's Liberal party most likely refers to the Democrat party who actually are as weak & retarded as they're portrayed in K7 lol.
Matsuken is some Nippon Kaigi traditionalist, or at least, he seems to be modeled after them.
Fuckushima also sounds like Nippon Kaigi. It'd make sense, they generally infiltrate institutions & take over.
Yeah the naming of the parties in K7 is confusing because the United Nations Party is actually a nationalistic, isolationist party that wants to abolish article 9. HiK7 does mention it originated from a splinter group within the Liberal Party. The Liberal Party is the one that has Fukushima assassinated, in order to take the forefront in the talks that would lead to US intervention in the Japan bombings. Unfortunately the Liberal rapresentatives are fucking retarded and end up getting everyone killed over a game of mahjong (which the rapresentative doesen't know how to play LOL!) and japan ends up being bombed.
It's probably intentional, how the party names don't reflect their policies at all.
Suda is retarded. Now sure, no one is ever going to like these boring ass Silver Case/FSR text dump games. That's why you give it a real budget like LA Noire. Shit even that Telltale's crap is preferable. The average American doesn't even know how to read. I'm not exaggerating, they really don't. Americans aren't even taught cursive any more.
Even something like Dangan Ronpa is mostly voice acted. It's a testament to how good Suda's writing is, that I always imagine his characters speaking in voices anyway, and this is coming from a guy who only played SC & FSR in Japanese.
Oh I agree with you. Shadows of the Damned doesen't have a market at all, yet TSA had an entire level based around it, and the entire conflict of NMH3 is based around EA ruining the development of SotD, because of supposed manbaby strawman John Riccitiello.

And that's not all, in the original gameplan Midorikawa would turn out to be the daughter of Fleming, the villain of SotD.

https://www.thegamer.com/interview-suda ... asshopper/
At the end of the game, Travis gets killed, and he ends up getting sent off to a place called Blackhole Prison, and in this prison, Travis meets another prisoner named Fleming. Fleming and Travis end up fighting, and after the battle, they talk things out, and it's revealed that Fleming is not only a character from the Shadows of the Damned, but he's also Midori Midorikawa's father. There was another entire scenario that was going to go over this, but due to time and budget constraints, we ended up having to cut out the entire thing.
Now I understand that SotD is basically the only action IP that GHM owns, so I can see why they'd be trying to push it. (NMH is owned by Marvellous, Lollipop Chainsaw is owned by Warner Bros and Kadokawa, KiD is owned by Kadokawa) Hell I might even agree that Garcia and Johnson are fun characters to be around. But in the real world SotD did not fail because of lack of advertisement, SotD failed because it was a bad game. If anything the misleading advertisement probably led to the very few sales it got lol.
Suda straight up said that GHM is an action game developer over here.

And that he has no interest in returning to adventure games, though he might introduce more adventure elements in his action games going forward (kinda like the VN sections of TSA I guess.)
For the life of me, I don't understand it, because it seems to me they never fully manage to complete their action games due to budgetary reasons and they all ended up failing except for Lollipop Chainsaw, which let's be honest only sold so well because of female ass and licensed music. But I guess it's his company and he can do whatever the fuck he wants. Recently I've actually been having a blast doing a deep dive into the licensed Blood+ game he directed, which is like a discount KTP story with very original aesthetics and music. It actually has next to nothing to do with the anime it was based on, hence why there's scarcely any documentation on it online. The game is also kinda shitty lol, but it's the sort of shittyness that I could tolerate in older GHM productions, where the art direction, music & writing really did most of the heavy lifting. Hence why I can't really forgive the god awful gameplay of NMH3 instead.
Point being, I'm not too hung up about the fact that GHM is likely to keep producing dogshit for the rest of time because there's so much to dig into in regards to their older games, and once I'm done I'll just move on to some other hobby. I'm just flabbergasted by this choice, because even NMH3 with all the advertisement from Nintendo, still isn't selling that well to warrant it being the direction of the company going forward.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Xed51 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:48 pm Yeah it weirds me out because I honestly assumed since you didn't give a shit about ghm games anymore (Really I don't either. I just check out the new ones out of a sense of obbligation, but I had no expectations for nmh3, and it even fell short of my non-expectations.) you wouldn't remember the earlier games, but your recollection is pretty spot-on.

I don't give a shit about the games. I would, if SC got a DanganRonpa style make over. To something like how the original DG betas looked, which looked like a pure blown horror game. MonoKuma's original design looked liked some Junji Ito shit.

You don't just translate a game that has as detailed a history as this game does and then suddenly forget everything. The story is too detailed. It's like learning history, the sequence of events don't make sense unless you memorize the context of why and how such events happened. Similar to how you don't forget math after you learned it. The general guideline & sequence of events will always be imprinted somewhere in your mind.
You got a couple of things wrong (For example it's actually Sakura that shoots Chizuru Hachisuka as she gets activated as Ayame, not Tetsugoro, but that's an easy mistake to make considering Tetsugoro kills everyone else in that same chapter lol.
You actually do see Sakura kill her, or at least she shows up during that scene. Can't believe I forgot that coz Natsume has always been one of my favorite characters. I just don't remember coz I haven't played it in nearly two decades. Now that you mention it, I do recall that happening.
Uminosuke Hachisuka is not arrested, he gets killed by Tokio Morishima off screen, who then scoops up his silver eye with a spoon. Though it's barely mentioned in the original TSC & FSR, it's mostly elaborated upon in the new TSC chapter that was added in the remaster.) but that's normal, 15 years went by.
And I never played the TSC rerelease beyond the first level, so how the fuck would I know that they fucking retconned their own game 15 something years later? lol! At this point, it's best to forget what KTP was. They're all just cheerleaders for Travis Touchmyself anyway.
This is the kind of stuff that is framed as "lies" from Captain "Hitler did nothing wrong, the holocaust never happened but I wish it did" Jack, who is also the same person as me lol.
I get the general gist of what you're saying, that my few minor incorrect details from some oldass game I haven't played in over a decade are being passed off as an outright lie, when I'm generally correct for the most part. I just confuse some of the names. They all have long goofy ass Jap names. Come on who wouldn't be fucking confused trying to remember all this damn names, and matching them up with their faces? It's not like they have unique designs or anything. Your boss in SC looks like mothafucking Mr Tamori lol.

I'm irked by the Hitler part though. Are you being sarcastic referencing how internet retards describe me or do you seriously think I'm one of those "Shitler did nuffin wrong" guys. Yes, I'll tell you straight up that Hitler didn't kill over 6 gorillion Jews & turned them into lampshade & soap. That's so over the top & fucking retarded.
The Jews who came up with that lie even admitted it was a lie, but it felt real to him, so it's 'real', lol.

The original estimate of the holocaust was 1.5 million genocided by the Nazis, but it slowly went up over the years even though physical proof to back up those assertions did not & still does not exist. (That's actually the joke I'm making everytime I say that Biden won by 95 million votes, lol.)
When you look at the death tolls for Majdanek, Aschuwitchz and other such death camps, they all started at an over estimation of 2 million but by 2021 the numbers have gone down to around 75-78k killed each.

I also don't believe that Shitler was a full blown racist. Shitler was allied with Africans, Middle Easterns, the Japanese, a bunch of Slavs, a bunch of gooks, & the Italians. I really don't think he fucking cares about what race you are. So long as you're not living in his country. Which is swell coz the Japanese are the same way.
Sure Hitler believed he was better than you, because he's White, but every fucking White person believed that especially the British & the Americans. I have countless pictures saved showing how much American people pretty much hated every one back in the 1940s -1950s lol. Americans have always hated Russians for some reason to the point that they sided with the Japanese back in the 1900s-1910s lol!
I like keeping them around to disprove this modern notion that American WW2 soldiers were Anti Racist when they were extremely fucking racist & always were.

For a bunch of White supremacists, how come all of the dominant Allied countries (USA, UK, Russia), happen to be White European? The Axis powers looked way more like a rainbow than how modern USA depicts WW2.

So much of the modern media make it look like as if Black people were fighting on the front lines of WW2, when it was almost exclusively White people fighting on the side of the Allies. You didn't get a multi colored Mutt rainbow like you did with the Axis powers. You'd actually see way more anti-Jew billboards, slogans & posters from 1940s USA than you ever did with the Nazis, yet the USA conveniently pretends that it never happened and that they were always "Judeo Christian". Don't get me wrong, of course the Nazis & Shitler hated Jews, but that was a common sentiment during that era, only the British seemed to have liked them during that time since even the Americans were siding with Hitler against the Jews early on. Yet again, another inconvenient history that the modern USA pretends as if it never occurred.

There's a lot of discrepancies & hearsay about Hitler that I just can't believe them, similarly to how I can't believe the Magic bullet theory that killed JFK.

It makes more sense that JFK was killed by multiple shooters and the bullet trajectory implies at least two shooters, but no he was some how killed by a bullet that magically went everywhere through his body, lol.
The lies sound as fucking retarded as Saddam Hussein grabbing babies from an incubator and then smashing them on the floor, ayy lmao. Who fucking does that?

Oh oh, a recent lie that always gets a chuckle from me is that Orange Man wanted to build a wall with a nation wide moat & alligators. Yeah that sure sounds cost-efficient.
That's just so cartoonishly stupid that of course that's not real. It's real to Americans though. In the bullshit thread

I made a recent post about the Philippine elections and how I was shocked that Filipinos aren't flocking over Manny Pacqiao's proposition to give every poor person a house, ayy lmao!
In USA, Manny would be an instant front runner, or at least he'd have a huge following like that Andrew Yang "Ima give ya free shit bruh!" faggot. Even Alt Righter's loved Andrew yang, in which I already knew before hand that the AltRight are fucking retards, but that just cements it.
In the PI, they're telling Manny to stfu which is the complete opposite of how the USA would regard him. Well mostly, Americans are still condemning him for being Anti-Gay since being gay is as American as Apple Pie!
Yeah the naming of the parties in K7 is confusing because the United Nations Party is actually a nationalistic, isolationist party that wants to abolish article 9. HiK7 does mention it originated from a splinter group within the Liberal Party. The Liberal Party is the one that has Fukushima assassinated, in order to take the forefront in the talks that would lead to US intervention in the Japan bombings. Unfortunately the Liberal rapresentatives are fucking retarded and end up getting everyone killed over a game of mahjong (which the rapresentative doesen't know how to play LOL!) and japan ends up being bombed.
It's probably intentional, how the party names don't reflect their policies at all.
I got the impression that the United Nations & the Liberal party are both being subverted by Fuckushima & Matsuken. The United Nations doesn't sound like the LDP at all, outside of Fuckyoushima, it's just a fictional party for K7's fictional alternate timeline.
That's why I made reference to the Nippon Kaigi. It would make sense that Fuckyoushima & Matsuken hold similar views despite being from opposite parties, if they were both part of the same shadow government.
The game never makes mention of them ever, but I think the narrative just makes more sense when you assume that Matsu & Fuckyou are part of a group who still believes that the Imperial bloodline are direct descendants of Amaterasu.

Real life Japanese political parties have fucking confusing names anyway, nearly all of their party names sound communist but in reality nearly all of them are right wing. How the fuck are you supposed to know that the Japanese Democrat party is Liberal, but the Japanese Liberal Democrat party is some Traditionalist quasi Progressive party?
I find it fucking funny that I get demonized for being Right wing, when the Japanese people have consistently voted Right wing, every single time since the 1950s. Dumbass White motherfuckers don't even notice coz the Jap right wing party are called Liberal Democrats, lol. Progressive to a Japanese, means being more Westernized in a 1980s sense. I don't think they'll willingly ever adopt 2020's Westernization. They'll be forced to at gunpoint though, by the USA. Shit back in the early 1900s, USA was friends with Japan during the Russo Jap war. Then they just started back stabbing them around the time that WW2 was starting to heat up by the 1930s/1940s. USA always does this shit, they backstab you when you least expect it. (Japan attacked first coz the USA was already hostile but didn't officially declare war.) Ameriturds just backstabbed Afghanistan & threw them under the bus. B

It's why Americans piss me off, they get too attached to words rather than looking at how the words are being used. I think it's perfectly valid to label the LDP as Progressive, even though they're the complete opposite of whatever the hell is considered progressive in the USA.
The issue is that American political parties don't focus on real problems at all. They only highlight personal social politics to reflect the atomized over-socialized retards of the United States.

Japanese people are atomized by their race & country of origin, so they look at issues as a whole rather than
as small wedge issues that affect people of certain colors or gender
Sure that's changed in recent years due to the influence of the USA. You see way more Female politicians demonizing gays, but the Jap kids rise up against it because Twitter told them it was cool! It's weird coz it's actually Japanese men who propose USA style Liberal politics.

The main difference is that Japanese people aren't divided by hyphenated identities. There's no such thing as a Russian-Japanese in Japan, she's just Japanese but of Russian descent. (The Russian part is said with a whisper. I made a joke about it at that bullshit thread when I pointed out that a lot of these porn bitches seem foreign like Nozomi Mikimoto or Anri Okita and we at least have proof that Anri completely denies accusations of being mixed White, lol.)

In the USA, everyone is hypenated and it's fucking nauseating coz they all pretend to be from different countries just coz their mom was born in a foreign country but they all just think, act & look like Americans.
Oh I agree with you. Shadows of the Damned doesen't have a market at all, yet TSA had an entire level based around it, and the entire conflict of NMH3 is based around EA ruining the development of SotD, because of supposed manbaby strawman John Riccitiello.
It could if the gameplay didn't suck. The story would be viewed in a similar way as Devil May Cry, as one big joke.
Which I guess is what NMH2 & 3 is going for.
Suda straight up said that GHM is an action game developer over here.

And that he has no interest in returning to adventure games, though he might introduce more adventure elements in his action games going forward (kinda like the VN sections of TSA I guess.)
GHM's strengths are their sense of style & presentation. All you have to do is make something like DanganRonpa and you'll rake in the money. DanganRonpa itself feels way more like KTP anyway, moreso than NMH ever did.
The main villain of DanganRonpa is some goddamn Ganguro, AYY LMAO! That will never stop being funny as fuck to me. Junko is a much more exaggerated take on Yayoi & Mithra the socialite & her pet god.
Now it's some street gutter slut socialite and her Teddy Bear Robot thing.

I played DG2 first, but I would've been fanboying hardcore had I played DG1 first, coz of how 'she' died lol. She's the most charismatic character from the very start of DG1, and she just completely overshadows everyone when she appears in DG2. To think, I'm the guy who supposedly like 'submissive' girls yet every girl I seem to fanboy over, all happen to be the ultra bitchy girls like Junko, Yayoi, or Witcher's Yennefer. I like Maya Amano, and she's not submissive either, she's just the popular highschool girl who grew up into a Milf.

Junko's design & personality feels way more in the punk spirit that GHM claims to go for. Nothing's more punk than a Corporate bitch who hates everything, because she's eternally bored.
It requires less effort to make a good Adv game. Danganronpa barely has any gameplay but I still think it's fun and I'll get the collection when it comes out on Switch since I haven't played DG3 yet.
Yes I know about DG3's plot twist, which does sound bad but I think KTP & NMH being in the same universe is even worse. Everyone from KTP is just sucking Travis's dick. Fuck that shit.

To hear that Suda thinks of himself as an action game director?
That's cool. It shows I was right to not even care or bother with his games. it's just that reading about NMH3's plot in various other forums really irked me coz the plot sounds so fucking pretentious.
"It's a shit game on purpose coz you're the punchline if you think the game is shit when it's supposed to be shit."

It doesn't help that even NMH3's in-game dialogue is pretentious as fuck & you're supposed to applaud it coz it's 'self-aware'. Travis Touchmyself is written like an 80s action hero, but he's no badass like Cobra.

i get it, that's supposed to be the joke. Travis Touchmyself isn't an hero.
For the life of me, I don't understand it, because it seems to me they never fully manage to complete their action games due to budgetary reasons and they all ended up failing except for Lollipop Chainsaw, which let's be honest only sold so well because of female ass and licensed music.
And James Gunn. Bayoneta is a complete flop of a series (Bayo2 only sold like 300k on Switch lol!) but her games are 10 times better than Lollipoop.
Bayo doesn't have James Gunn working on the game though, whatever the fuck he did in Lollipoop
Point being, I'm not too hung up about the fact that GHM is likely to keep producing dogshit for the rest of time because there's so much to dig into in regards to their older games, and once I'm done I'll just move on to some other hobby. I'm just flabbergasted by this choice, because even NMH3 with all the advertisement from Nintendo, still isn't selling that well to warrant it being the direction of the company going forward.
What I don't get, is why did anyone think otherwise? I remember getting a lot of hate at the PlayaEssence channel coz I straight up told him off, that the Switch-effect isn't going to do anything for NMH.
I based this off of the fact Suda has never had a hit ever
(outside of LC, which I attribute to James Gunn.) & it won't suddenly change with NMH3 coz the problem with his games is that you need to be an overly specified niche within a niche within a niche to like or 'understand' his games.
Anyone can get into Zelda, coz Zelda is about exploration & adv. Anyone can get into Mario because the instant fun & gratification from the moment to moment play of Mario's movement is universal enough that most people understand the point of the game from the instant you pick up the controller.

NMH3 reminds me of PS2 era games where there's so many cutscenes that you have to sit through just to get to the gameplay but the actual gameplay is an afterthought since they spent most of the budget on the cutscenes, just like a PS2 era game. That's why God of War 1 & 2 was so popular. It was one of the first movie games where the gameplay was just as refined as the cinematic bits. GOW games feel like a cohesive product and GOW4 (even though it's a garbage game.) amplified that seamless cinematic + gameplay merger that the GOW series has always had, by dropping the more gamey aspects of GOW to streamline the package enough into a product which plays the entire game within 1 cinematic cut. This created a feel as though you were living a single day or two in Krato's & his wife's son's life rather than merely playing a vidya gaem.

NMH games feel generations behind coz it's still operating off of PS2 logic where the cinematics & the gameplay have a poor symbiotic relationship with each other, and it almost feels like you're watching a movie, that some times has some gameplay bits.
The God of War series has always felt like a seamless transition from gameplay to movie to the point that you can't really separate the cutscenes from the game, coz the cutscenes often highlight the action and make GOW come to life.

GOW mastered this concept by 2007 and they turned it into an art form by 2018.

Not my type of game at all, I prefer the PS2 originals but I can understand why 2018 GOW is so popular coz it feels & looks nothing like a game.

NMH is still on a playground not understanding the rules of engagement coz it's only concerned with looking cool, but it only looks cool to a few thousand people at most.
GOW & NMH are both more on the story & cinematic side of Character Action games, but GOW makes the action feel like a full length feature movie which is why it was always way more popular than Ninja Gaiden & Devil May Cry. (NIOH series recently outsold the entire NG series. NG is a thing of the past though, I have more fun playing MH Rise.) GOW had more casual gamer appeal. NMH doesn't even appeal to NG or DMC gamers coz the actual gameplay is just as shallow as GOW.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

I'm irked by the Hitler part though. Are you being sarcastic
Every time I say something absolutely retarded I am being sarcastic, yes
Whenever you are not sure. Just ask yourself, "does this sound like something an internet tranny would say?" and if the answer is "yes", then I'm being sarcastic
I can't type a long reply atm though you'll have to wait till tomorrow
D.G.
Camellia Smile

Post by D.G. »

Hi guys! Just registered, it's nice to have a place where discussing this game apart from their esthetic.
Anyway, I'm curious to read all the posts before, but meanwhile I wanted to post this. It's something I found on 4chan but comes pretty close to what I was expecting after replaying all the previous games and reading his interviews about this extremely forced "sudaverse" and the comparison with Marvel and MCU.

I felt like he was trying to force in the game the shittiest tropes typical of sequels, but at the same time he tried to avoid at all costs those specific tropes which make a sequel satisfying.
I'm not trying to defend the game in any way. I honestly don't understand why Suda is trying to piss off his fans so hard. I finished 25th ward yesterday and found the 100-endings chapter also very cringe. I think that if you could define his previous games as post-ironic, now instead they feel like full ironic shitposting.

EDIT: i think this dude posted here too lol
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

D.G. wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:37 am Hi guys! Just registered, it's nice to have a place where discussing this game apart from their esthetic.
Anyway, I'm curious to read all the posts before, but meanwhile I wanted to post this. It's something I found on 4chan but comes pretty close to what I was expecting after replaying all the previous games and reading his interviews about this extremely forced "sudaverse" and the comparison with Marvel and MCU.

I felt like he was trying to force in the game the shittiest tropes typical of sequels, but at the same time he tried to avoid at all costs those specific tropes which make a sequel satisfying.
I'm not trying to defend the game in any way. I honestly don't understand why Suda is trying to piss off his fans so hard. I finished 25th ward yesterday and found the 100-endings chapter also very cringe. I think that if you could define his previous games as post-ironic, now instead they feel like full ironic shitposting.

Tying all Suda games into one Universe was the initial intent(It actually started before TSA with the Silver Case re release extra content), but NMH3 was realeased 1/3 complete. GHM were given a specific amount of time to work on it by Marvelous, who are the owners, and they ran out. When that happened, all plans became irrelevant. Its pretty much as simple as that.

Though, in a way they always have been "kind of" tied together, but it was mostly through references rather than direct connections like FSR showing up in Killer 7, or a Garcian Smith lookalike showing up at the end of NMH1. There is also an unannamed tall dark skinned man in a white suit holding a suit case that shows up in the Red, Blue and Green manga.
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

D.G. wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:37 am Hi guys! Just registered, it's nice to have a place where discussing this game apart from their esthetic.

Yeah that's probably AHH. He posted his position over here too, but I disagree. You guys have to realize videogame production is not a one man job, where the writer's will is absolute. If something turns out shitty, it's way more likely they were trying to make it good and something happened behind the scenes.
I posited that the game was just stapled together last minute (considering that you don't even get to see more than one corridor before bosses, characters mention stuff in cutscenes that never plays into anything or they act as if you have seen it alteady, etc.) and later a bunch of interviews came out that confirmed my suspicions.
viewtopic.php?p=1986#p1986
viewtopic.php?p=2006#p2006

TL;DR I don't think the game is meant to be shit on purpose, because it was meant as a fanservice game. When Suda refers to NMH fans, he's not talking about you and me.
viewtopic.php?p=1998#p1998
Fans absolutely love this game, so if his purpose was to piss off fans, it definetly backfired
https://iwakuraproductions.wordpress.co ... s-okumura/
It was likely directed a certain way as a direct response to the bad reception TSA got with fans too. Most NMH fans actually hated that game for having no voice acting, a bigger focus on story, bird's eye camera view, no blood, less funny quips etc. It would explain why only certain story developments from TSA are relevant, while others were retconned or ignored. Overall TSA might as well have not happened at all, even bad girl and her dad are in the game so shortly, it would be easy to cut them out entirely
D.G.
Camellia Smile

Post by D.G. »

Xed51 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:38 am Yeah that's probably AHH. He posted his position over here too, but I disagree. You guys have to realize videogame production is not a one man job, where the writer's will is absolute. If something turns out shitty, it's way more likely they were trying to make it good and something happened behind the scenes.
I posited that the game was just stapled together last minute (considering that you don't even get to see more than one corridor before bosses, characters mention stuff in cutscenes that never plays into anything or they act as if you have seen it alteady, etc.) and later a bunch of interviews came out that confirmed my suspicions.
viewtopic.php?p=1986#p1986
viewtopic.php?p=2006#p2006

TL;DR I don't think the game is meant to be shit on purpose, because it was meant as a fanservice game. When Suda refers to NMH fans, he's not talking about you and me.
viewtopic.php?p=1998#p1998
Fans absolutely love this game, so if his purpose was to piss off fans, it definetly backfired
https://iwakuraproductions.wordpress.co ... s-okumura/
It was likely directed a certain way as a direct response to the bad reception TSA got with fans too. Most NMH fans actually hated that game for having no voice acting, a bigger focus on story, bird's eye camera view, no blood, less funny quips etc. It would explain why only certain story developments from TSA are relevant, while others were retconned or ignored. Overall TSA might as well have not happened at all, even bad girl and her dad are in the game so shortly, it would be easy to cut them out entirely
I've started reading your post and i totally agree with you. I'm so sad for the state of this game, especially after completing 25th Ward. The Kurumizawa's drink was such a tease, fuck. It was the perfect occasion to reintroduce such a badass character.
And I'm also sad thinking that if this game had proper framerate and levels it would probably be the NMH with the highest metacritic despite the inexcusable writing.
But I have still one question: if stuff was clearly cut due to production problems, why didn't he decide to use the VN sidequests which are extremely cheap to create some scenarios that allow the player to have the satisfaction to see some interaction with Shinobu, Bad Girl or Travis' children? Even braindead "fans" want to see stuff like that. Instead he decided to have 3 shitty sidequests, one with the half-assed androids and one with the stupid magical girls. They felt like a complete waste of time. This is the reason why the omission of certain subplots feel somewhat intentional.

If NMH3 fails too, what can Suda do at this point? Would a TSC-style VN / adventure game with Ooka be possible even with low budgets?

EDIT: also, there's the fact that Bugjiro for some strange reason is in the "real" world despite the fact that he's a fucking videogame bug. I thought that it was another way to satirize cameos even when they make absolutely no sense, but maybe there was some plot involving Kurumizawa and the digital world or who knows what.
It's so frustrating to know that maybe there was something good under all these mess. We will only know for sure this in 10 years when Suda will admit shit, just like he admitted that NMH2 openworld was cut due to deadlines only 2 years ago or something like that.
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

if stuff was clearly cut due to production problems, why didn't he decide to use the VN sidequests which are extremely cheap to create some scenarios that allow the player to have the satisfaction to see some interaction with Shinobu, Bad Girl or Travis' children?
I can only speculate, but I think the team took all the criticism to TSA to heart, hence why we didn't even get any extra files or anything. Even emails which were mostly contiguous with the actual game's content, were cut from the finished product despite still being in the game's files. The only reason why that would happen, is if the designers assumed the players would get bored by reading them.
https://www.believeinthe.net/nmh3/
Remember this is a game "for fans, by the fans." Suda actually listened to internet feedback on this, it wasn't really a personal project. The greatest part of Suda's fanbase is comprised of deadpool fans, that only care about the gore & pop culture references, though even that greatest part isn't that big unfortunately lol.
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/7/4/186 ... -interview
Most of the TSA feedback was related to how "the camera is too far away", "there's no blood", "it's not funny", "I hate reading". In that sense NMH3 "solved" every problem from TSA by being dogshit for retards, where every single line is a joke and there's so many particles and UI elements on screen it's impossible to see WTF is going on.
If you look at this post I list a bunch of things that were retconned or ignored from TSA. Despite that game being the supposed lead-in to 3. Nothing except for Damon and Henry's appearences have any relevance to anything going on in 3, even Bad Man and Bad Girl are barely in the game at all.
viewtopic.php?p=2097#p2097
If NMH3 fails too, what can Suda do at this point? Would a TSC-style VN / adventure game with Ooka be possible even with low budgets?
I wish. Grasshopper is just an action game developer now, in Suda's own words.

He claims to be uninterested in returning to adventure games, though he might add more adventure elements to his action games going forward.
What's sad, is that none of GHM's hack and slash games are even as good as DMC1 from 20 years ago. I feel like it's a misguided goal, but I am going to assume that the man is not retarded, and this decision stems from the workforce he has available, and the contractors willing to work for him mostly being specialized in action games. GHm majour clients are probably only interested in action games too. There have to be some practical reason, rather than Suda just being hit by lightning and deciding he is gonna spend the rest of his life trying to be hideki kamiya lol.
Again, they can run their business however they see fit. I'm not whining about it, I'm just looking at the facts.
D.G.
Camellia Smile

Post by D.G. »

Xed51 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:59 pm
if stuff was clearly cut due to production problems, why didn't he decide to use the VN sidequests which are extremely cheap to create some scenarios that allow the player to have the satisfaction to see some interaction with Shinobu, Bad Girl or Travis' children?
I can only speculate, but I think the team took all the criticism to TSA to heart, hence why we didn't even get any extra files or anything. Even emails which were mostly contiguous with the actual game's content, were cut from the finished product despite still being in the game's files. The only reason why that would happen, is if the designers assumed the players would get bored by reading them.
https://www.believeinthe.net/nmh3/
Remember this is a game "for fans, by the fans." Suda actually listened to internet feedback on this, it wasn't really a personal project. The greatest part of Suda's fanbase is comprised of deadpool fans, that only care about the gore & pop culture references, though even that greatest part isn't that big unfortunately lol.
https://www.polygon.com/e3/2019/7/4/186 ... -interview
Most of the TSA feedback was related to how "the camera is too far away", "there's no blood", "it's not funny", "I hate reading". In that sense NMH3 "solved" every problem from TSA by being dogshit for retards, where every single line is a joke and there's so many particles and UI elements on screen it's impossible to see WTF is going on.
If you look at this post I list a bunch of things that were retconned or ignored from TSA. Despite that game being the supposed lead-in to 3. Nothing except for Damon and Henry's appearences have any relevance to anything going on in 3, even Bad Man and Bad Girl are barely in the game at all.
viewtopic.php?p=2097#p2097
I wish. Grasshopper is just an action game developer now, in Suda's own words.

He claims to be uninterested in returning to adventure games, though he might add more adventure elements to his action games going forward.
What's sad, is that none of GHM's hack and slash games are even as good as DMC1 from 20 years ago. I feel like it's a misguided goal, but I am going to assume that the man is not retarded, and this decision stems from the workforce he has available, and the contractors willing to work for him mostly being specialized in action games. GHm majour clients are probably only interested in action games too. There have to be some practical reason, rather than Suda just being hit by lightning and deciding he is gonna spend the rest of his life trying to be hideki kamiya lol.
Again, they can run their business however they see fit. I'm not whining about it, I'm just looking at the facts.
LMAO the fucking email system. I completely forgot about that! I was expecting some witty writing coming from it and instead was useless, boring and empty.
There's no point in discussing the game if even something as trivial as the announcement of the space missions were cut. I'm surprised this game even works and doesn't run like Deadly Premonition 2.