The Man, the Myth.. The Missing? Q spoke to me, "Mr. TD is trapped in the Black Lodge. You must Kill the Past to free him."

Moderator: MagnificentTerrorism

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Suda shows NMH3 gameplay...sort of

Post by Krizzx »

His head was in the way the entire time.

https://kotaku.com/first-no-more-heroes ... 1844135481

(Blegh! Kotaku)

[media]https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/im ... 6qzjq.webm[/media]
CENSORED
BANNED

Re: Suda shows NMH3 gameplay...sort of

Post by CENSORED »

Yeah I wanted to post this a few days ago but I never got around to it
Looks all right, it seems closer to TSA than the classic games which I'm guessing is going to anger a lot of people lol
I'll play it when it releases, though honestly I really just hope we're done with no more heroes after this and Suda will go back to making interesting stuff again (he clearly proved that he can still write in his silver case / 25th ward style with the new chapters he wrote for those games)
HOUSELANDER
Spiral Smile

Post by HOUSELANDER »

though honestly I really just hope we're done with no more heroes after this and Suda will go back to making interesting stuff again (he clearly proved that he can still write in his silver case / 25th ward style with the new chapters he wrote for those games)
so its disapprove a theory which is someone else actually wrote Kill The Past story & Suda takes all the credits? i remember i read somewhere a thread in old forum.
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Gyrojojo wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:25 pm
though honestly I really just hope we're done with no more heroes after this and Suda will go back to making interesting stuff again (he clearly proved that he can still write in his silver case / 25th ward style with the new chapters he wrote for those games)
so its disapprove a theory which is someone else actually wrote Kill The Past story & Suda takes all the credits? i remember i read somewhere a thread in old forum.
Masahi Ooka wrote all the placebo chapters in both TSC and the 25th ward, he also wrote the guidebook in Flower, Sun and Rain and some parts of Hand in Killer7.
Masahiro Yuki also wrote the matchmaker arc in the 25th ward. (Though I don't know about him, he's also the guy who wrote lollipop chainsaw lol.)
I guess I should have included ooka as well, he also wrote new stuff recently, one chapter for each TSC and 25w and the badman storyline in TSA (which felt much closer to classic ghm games than anything else in that game.)
He is also able to seamlessly write stuff in the TSC style.
Anyway in regards to what you said, Masahi Ooka always handled more of the worldbuilding than Suda did. I think the rumor originated from that interview where Suda admitted that he kept trying to give out parts of the Killer7 script to staffers for them to write lol. But Shinji Mikami didn't want him to and he called him out.
Either way if he can write chapters for older games and integrate them seamlessly into the storyline, I would say he has definetly proven he can still write in the same style if he wants to. So does masahi ooka which is why while everyone else is cheering for no more heroes 3, I'm actually way more interested in a 26th ward game (might come in 2025) or in the flower sun and rain remake
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

I didn't even catch this. Its one of the Boss themes.

Ugh, its punk rock again... Masafumi Takada's eletronic music fit the game so much better than Yamaoka's punk rock.
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

A few songs were released at this point

Yeah I don't especially care for any post-takada ghm soundtrack either (I liked the 25th ward's but he still composed that one)
Yamaoka isn't composing though, it's some guy called Nobuaki Kaneko, I've never listened to his band before so I don't really know about his previous work either (he's the drummer for a band called rize)
Either way the game has been delayed to 2021 due to the pandemic
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

I forgot to mention, one of the artists from the boys is providing key art for the game
I think it looks like dogshit but I seem to remember you were a pretty big fan of the boys comic (which I also like as a goofball comedy) so you might be happy about this development
It seems like the whole theme of the game with superheroes being bastards might be influenced by the boys comic after all
Attachments
20200912_160246.jpg
20200912_160246.jpg (105.21 KiB) Viewed 3104 times
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Interesting. Given Suda's love of Hotline Miami, its no surprise that he would like The Boys as well.
HOUSELANDER
Spiral Smile

Post by HOUSELANDER »

i guess i don't need to mention it but aren't the cover of N.M.H 3 Where Travis walking to his bike is a references to Akira an old Cyberpunk post apocalyptic Anime? i never watched but i do read the manga back when i was a teen.
https://wallpaperaccess.com/akira-movie-poster
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

HOUSELANDER wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:45 pm i guess i don't need to mention it but aren't the cover of N.M.H 3 Where Travis walking to his bike is a references to Akira an old Cyberpunk post apocalyptic Anime? i never watched but i do read the manga back when i was a teen.
https://wallpaperaccess.com/akira-movie-poster
Yeah it's quite obviously a reference to akira; to this day I still don't understand what's so genious about signalling that you know certain intellectual properties but nerds seem to go apeshit about it.

When directors reference specific shots or compositions from other movies, it's usually to add to the meaning of the specific scene by implying a connection through visual language.
(the sopranos constantly pays homage to the godfather in its direction but that's not just to signal that they know the movie. It's a commentary on how popular media influences people's perception of the italian mafia among many other things. The sopranos even borrowed editing tricks from 2001, and they're used in two separate scenes both involving bells.)

Videogames writers are retarded and assume that references are just a way of bragging that you're aware that some pop culture property exists. Much like scott pilgrim lol.
What's funnier to me is, they always seem to reference the most well known shit in existance. Who doesen't know akira?

Anyway you're better off reading the manga, the movie has some very impressive animation but cramming 6000 pages of plot in 90 minutes did it no favours, it only works as a companion piece to the manga that you only watch because it looks cool