The Man, the Myth.. The Missing? Q spoke to me, "Mr. TD is trapped in the Black Lodge. You must Kill the Past to free him."

Moderator: MagnificentTerrorism

CENSORED
BANNED

Suda51 at Momocon 2020

Post by CENSORED »

I get the feeling none of the forum visitors actually give a shit about Suda51 stuff anymore LOL, but I might as well post this.

It really shines a light on why most Suda51 interviews suck ass. Most of his "fans" don't actually know anything about any game that isn't called No More Heroes. Notice the awkward silence when he mentions the "50 thousand yen" line from Silver Case, which is one of the funniest lines in the entire series to the point where it became a recurring joke in FSR and 25th Ward.
Hearing his answers to questions about games like Killer is Dead and Lollipop Chainsaw, makes me think he's not that familiar with the finished product at all and reminds me of that time I met him in person. Where he would give very thorough answers to stuff about Moonlight Syndrome, Silver Case and Killer7 but he would just fuck around and joke when it came to other games.
Anyway the only interesting things he stated in this interview, is that he's in talks with a company to remaster FSR, and that he's not sure that he wants Moonlight Syndrome to ever be localized because westerners might be baffled by it and not understand it LOL. Which is likely true considering games like the 25th ward were already ignored, to the point of having embarassingly low sale figures.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Re: Suda51 at Momocon 2020

Post by Iwazaru »

Can't he make an english release for Hong Kong (any other non-western countries with official english?) so we all can enjoy, lol
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Iwazaru wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 8:00 pm Can't he make an english release for Hong Kong (any other non-western countries with official english?) so we all can enjoy, lol
I don't think he has the rights for it at all.
(I know you're making a joke, I'm just saying.)
Spike Chunsoft owns the right of the IP, but the source code was lost back in the 90s.
A lot of people thought that if that talk event that got cancelled due to corona had gone through a localization would have happened, but I doubt that considering what I just said.
I really hope that fan translation project goes through eventually; I would have preferred if the guy just translated the game on YouTube like Ardw did with twilight syndrome but I can see why he wanted to translate the actual functioning game instead.

As per Flower Sun and Rain. I'll wait and see because a remake means they'll likely have to re-record the entire soundtrack which is my OCD pet peeve lol. But I guess neither version of the game is really marketable in the modern world.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Wot's a momocon?
Xed51 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:35 pm
It really shines a light on why most Suda51 interviews suck ass. Most of his "fans" don't actually know anything about any game that isn't called No More Heroes. Notice the awkward silence when he mentions the "50 thousand yen" line from Silver Case, which is one of the funniest lines in the entire series to the point where it became a recurring joke in FSR and 25th Ward.

It must suck to be him, realizing that nobody gives a shit about his pre-Killer7 games. Hey mang, I'd be able to talk to Suda on a real level coz not only have I played those KTP games to completion & even made a site out of them. I'm also fairly knowledgeable on Japanese politics & I'm also just as well-versed in Wrestling as he is.
Mask De SmitH? motherfucker that's The Great Sasuke. You can't fool me motherfucker.

Hah hah too bad, I'm so defamed within the Suda community that I have no interest in his games anyway.
Pretty funny, how everyone thinks I just made shit up and that this site is nothing more than fan fiction all coz some fucking uggo trannies said so. Like in that Hana thread where I linked to a guy

talking about how nerds chased all of the normal fans out of the internet Wrestling fanbase.
You see the same shit happening in gaming. If you don't agree with the Surpeme Nerd Lords, the Supreme Nerd Lerds kick you out & ban you from using anything on internet.

A lot of my interests are exactly the same as Sudas, but I hate his fans so much that I'd rather spit on him, lol.
Only thang saving SodaFiddy Won from muh wrath is that we're both hardcore Wrestling marks.

That's another thing I fucking hate mang. When Suda51 fans invade a Fire Pro Wrestling community and then shit it up with their stink talking about that one Fire Pro game that Suda wrote. As if anyone actually fucking plays the story mode, LOL! I'm like mang we out here setting up tournaments, creating feds, wrestlers, A.I. logic, setting up stables, signing & trading contracts, managing teams & simming matches and these punkass Suda fanboys come in and act as though Suda is the only thing that made Fire Pro relevant, lol!

I'm like bruh, just fire up a Whang vid and leave us the fuck alone.

Suda fans be acting as though they're gracing us with their presence when they don't know dick about wrestling.
Specially the one that came out two years ago. Shit mang Hana Kimura is in the latest Fire Pro through a dlc from last year shortly after Njpw bought them hookers out.

Mang fuuck. I was so looking forawrd to Hana being in the AEW game, lol! We don't even have Fire pro on Switch.

I've said it once & I'll say it again, why are Suda fans so fucking weird? They always act all wild & crazy and it's like dude, you play shitty ass games that are all style & substance. Devil Macy Cry is CUHHHHHRRAAAZZZYY, even Streets of Rage 4 is Cuuhhhhrazzzzzyyyy, as is Darkstalkers 3 Lord of Vampire, yet these bitchasses, they over hype Shadows of the Damned when the most damning thing about that game is that it plays like a shooter, developed by people who don't play shooters competitively, or they actually hate shooters.
I still recall how annoyed I got when I was told that I just suck at shooters, simply coz I've kept complaining about how amateur & backwards Damned's shooting physics are. Yeah I 'suck', but I'm regularly in the Top 3 in most lobbies of online competitive shooters, lol!

The direct counter argument to that is Nintendo's Spla-toon which is specifically designed towards people who hate the Military-aesthetics of shooters but Spla-toon actually is a good shooter. GHM could learn a lot from Nintendo, it's possible to make a cuhrazzzzyyy aesthetics game, combined with cuhhhwaaazzyy gameplay.

For fuck's sake mang, I play the shit out of Mario hacks coz most of them are good. I'm laughing at the latest Corona Virus hack.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mario is what GHM should stirve to be. Mario is weird, but the coregameplay is gud.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

It must suck to be him, realizing that nobody gives a shit about his pre-Killer7 games.
I believe all those rumors going around between 2008-2018 that he didn't actually do shit for any of the games released in that time period (despite him having credits such as "creative director" and such) because when I met him in Rome, he would give very dumb replies about any of those games ("what can you say about lily bergamo?" "uhmmm lily is a type of flower"), during the destructoid interview for nmh2 he couldn't even remember plot details from the game, most recently when questioned about lollipop chainsaw and killer is dead all he could say was that they were hack and slash games, and they focused on making hack and slash gameplay during development LOL.
I won't even bring up the time I met him at the videogame museum in rome that much anymore because I'm assuming people will just claim I made everything up about the interactions he had with the audience.
they over hype Shadows of the Damned when the most damning thing about that game is that it plays like a shooter, developed by people who don't play shooters competitively, or they actually hate shooters.
That is actually the case. The director, Massimo Guarini, actively hated gears of war and partially made SotD as a critique of gears of war.
Which is why the scene with the buff military guy who gets killed right away exists, and I guess that's why the gameplay is so shallow and slow and you constantly fall through the world / get stuck / glitch through the geometry / have characters spawn in the sky t-posing / have cutscenes glitch if you play the game slightly faster; it was a daring subversion making the gameplay fucking awful since GOW was actually good lol.
That's another thing I learned from that one meeting since Guarini was right there, saying that SotD was made in response to how all shooters feature grimdark military types and he found that boring