The Man, the Myth.. The Missing? Q spoke to me, "Mr. TD is trapped in the Black Lodge. You must Kill the Past to free him."

Moderator: MagnificentTerrorism

Sal
Heaven Smile

sals killer7 stuff

Post by Sal »

Mostly meme like wip content! Enjoy

- k7 fan for live -
Iwazaru
qishmish

Re: sals killer7 stuff

Post by Iwazaru »

Ah, you are evil wizard.

:D
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Sal, why do you make them all dance? Is this killer7 answer to Persona Dancing All Night?

wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Sal
Heaven Smile

Post by Sal »

Iwazaru wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:38 pm Sal, why do you make them all dance? Is this killer7 answer to Persona Dancing All Night?

I was planning modding k7 chacters into Persona Dancing !There are plenty of modding tools, I just miss the right timeslot for a project like that.

Its fun to make them dance tbh, very simple with animation presets and more k7 memes can't hurt :D

But, here is something new:

enjoy
- k7 fan for live -
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Oh, crazy! reminds me that oscilloscope video

Sal
Heaven Smile

Post by Sal »

Oh yeah, that is soo cool! I think it would be possible to make it look/work like an oscilloscope.

Wonder if reshade can fake or create things like that. Would be fun to see killer7 in that style, without rendering trails and cubes in maya on specific objetcs.

Very interesting
- k7 fan for live -
Sal
Heaven Smile

Post by Sal »

new crazy video
- k7 fan for live -
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

ah, that's brilliant :D
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Sal wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:30 pm new crazy video
I got a notification that you posted this on youtube, and came here to post it but you were faster than me lol.
Do you mind if I post the restored cutscenes from the beta? I think I remember you had something to do with them. Am I misremembering?

Without going into too much detail (I remember you're afraid of a c&d) would you say there's much stuff like this in the source code waiting to be restored or not?
Sal
Heaven Smile

Post by Sal »

Xed51 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:14 pm
Sal wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:30 pm new crazy video
I got a notification that you posted this on youtube, and came here to post it but you were faster than me lol.
Do you mind if I post the restored cutscenes from the beta? I think I remember you had something to do with them. Am I misremembering?

Without going into too much detail (I remember you're afraid of a c&d) would you say there's much stuff like this in the source code waiting to be restored or not?
Yo Xed, how are you doing? Hope you are doing good and you and your family are in good health too man

As far as I know, cdromantic figured all the stuff out himself. I was barely involved with these cutscenes, more in the how to make stuff working in Dolphin area. (Also thanks pavo for all the help/findings!)
You can ask cdromantic to repost these, but I would guess he doesn't mind at all. He has also twitter under cdromantic@jordanDotObj
First off; K7 cutscenes are not FMV, they are very well prepared in game 3D sequences with many layers of different parts of the cutscene.

There is still plenty of stuff in the src code left. The issue with the early cutscenes in the source is; They seem to utilize an older/early version of killer7 that you actually need to "playback" the files, and we don't have that version. (may its hidden somewhere but I am not a coder)
Indeed, there are several reasons why you don't see cutscenes restored by me, but one reason is, that its hard to tell if the restored cutscene is actually restored correctly.

And I have tried, really tried to make it perfect.

Most of the times I assume that the alpha cutscenes are not correctly restored. For example, subtiles in these (lets call them) alpha cutscenes are usually stuck after compilation, which is an indicator something is not working right.
Or camera positions are not executed, though they are in the script sequence file, which to my knowledge isn't used anymore. You can see in the script file when it should execute a specified camera position, but its not happening.

From what I know there was one big change in the whole cutscenes system, probably for feature implantation and overall improved way to alter things around.
For example, old cutscene don't have facial animation.
Retail K7 uses two files for a cutscenes playback. A *.rsl and a *.pak file, which share the models, the animations and all other info like camera positions inside.
Alpha cutscenes have only one all in one *.rsl file.

The alpha cutscenes were prepared in an excel sheet with a scene converter/macro code inside. You could define the whole script with sfx cues, sub cues, camera motions and so on.
Most likely you got the script and definition file out of it, to setup what models, animations, subs, etc. which then could be used to compile your cutscene with the already prepared assets.

The retail system for the cutscenes is much more defined and doesn't uses the script system anymore.
Instead, every aspect of the cutscene is separated and stored as an actual part in a maya file, that can be later exported. Animations, character models, facial animation. Its much easier to alter.

And that brings me to the big issue; Retail k7 cannot playback the early cutscene file.
What has been done so far is, compiling the assents of the alpha cutscene with the retail cutscenes system, since we have the full retail cutscenes with the maya files.
So basically you trying to figure out what file belongs where, since the retail system is looking for two definition files and its assets.

The cutscene format has changed and we are missing the the open maya files for the early cutscenes.
It looks like the alpha cutscene were a limiting factor and the system had to be replaced, to fulfill the directors vision.
The alpha cutscenes folder is called 'Event', also in the early stage files you can actually find code that refers to "playback" these event files.
If you try to cross this sections ingame, it will crash the game.

But there is one way to do it, probably the second best method that is still accurate:
There have been debug versions of the game on the net, coming from the src. There is a dedicated viewer inside which can load and playback all the scenes files one by one.
Means, you can load the stage model, the character models, the corresponding animation for that model, camera sequence and so on.
But it is a lot of work and its easy to mess up. Of course you can check the script file, match it with your loaded assets in the viewer, capture the part and redo this for the next part.
Its tedious, and after you have done it, it still might be not the way it was intended, since there is no sure way to know if you are missing something from the script file, that you cannot load in that viewer.

Here you can see what I mean. The bottom shows the loaded data in the viewer. Also the different versions of the files, which gives you an idea of the development.
https://tcrf.net/File:Killer7-2016Leak-00-00020102A.png

TCRF is a good place to check out by any means!
https://tcrf.net/Killer_7/2016_Leak

Also
https://hiddenpalace.org

tl:dr
Dunno what you mean. I am not involved in anything of this.
Some stuff is unexplored, some stuff is lacking an early version of the game, to work properly, like these early cutscenes.

Is some content like this interesting? There is soooo much more content to share.

Cheers!
- k7 fan for live -