"Inclusivity is an ongoing education for everyone, and nothing is set in stone." - Tim Schafer
Fun fact: God of War is on sale right now, but the SJWs are trying to stop it!

Moderators: WhereGamingDies, Airport51

Jaladen
Camellia Smile

Western RPG (can include games like MMOs too) Thread

Post by Jaladen »

From Dragon Age to Deus Ex. Blizzard to Deus Ex's owners. Discuss any and all games that are WRPGs.

I shall begin with some word on the next Dragon Age:

I imagine it won't be much better than the last one.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Re: Western RPG (can include games like MMOs too) Thread

Post by Iwazaru »

It's weird to remember now, but i recall loving that Games of Throne rpg Cyanice made (when i played it, i didn't watch tv show nor read the books, so for me it was just some new rpg to play).

Maybe it was janky compared to AAA productions, but i kinda appreciated how you "buffer" actions during fight. And i recall narrative being decent with grand finale between main character picks.

wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

I can't believe that they're actually going with the true ending of DA Cisquistion, that barely anyone saw, coz barely anyone bought the final dlc, LOL!
You couldn't even buy it anyway if you played Inquisition on PS3. I had it for both PS3 & PS4. I thought the game was shit coz I was playing on PS3 first, but the PS4 version is still shit, and has no fucking music for some reason. The battle music from DA Origins was friggin badass.

The first time I heard that theme, was at the tower before Loghain betrays everybody. It was awesome coz my little Dwarf badass jumped on top of the Ogre, & chopped the Ogre's fucking head off during my first playthrough. It felt like I was seeing an historical figure in action, this is what legends & myths are made of!

I'll always remember my first completed DA Origins game as an Evil King Dwarf. He fucking killed everyone in his entire party except for the Dog, Ogrhen (you can't kill him, but I kept him alive coz he's a fellow dwarf & he's strong.), Loghain & Morrigan coz you can't kill her. Although I did stab her to death in the final dlc, where she teleports away before you see how much damage you did to her.
What's fucked up is that if you recreate your Oirigin save for DA Inqusition, Morrigian just acts as if getting stabbed by my insane Dwarf King was no big deal, lol. She just laughs it off as if it were rough sex or something, lol.
At least that Leliana chick remains in character, and she gets ultra pissed off when you remind her that
my Dwarf King chopped her head off when she betrayed me after I peed on Andraste's ashes, LOL!

That's why I fucking loved DA Origins, you could roleplay as a full blown asshole. Most games don't let you do that. Shit in DA Inqusition, you can't be evil at all. You can't even be anti-hero (Which is what I would be in real life.) You only get to choose between a dicksucking cuck statist who kisses up to the government, or you can be like Commander Picard from Star Trek, and speak far more directly. That's considered the Evil route in Le Current Year Bioware.

I think Mass Effect trilogy was the last game I played where you could be a full blown asshole, but in Ass Effect, you're just straight up evil, killing people for no reason.
Speakign of which, I fucking loved that song.

Damn MA3 sucks ass.

The Evil Dwarf King I had in DA Origins just came off like a hardened warrior who killed anyone who slowed him down.
He killed the old lady healer chick at the Mage's tower coz she attacked him, lol.
Sten was a great warrior, but my Dwarf king cut him down, coz Sten dared question his command.
Sten had reason to though, Sten couldn't understand why we were wasting time saving a bunch of useless villagers, lol.
He killed the faggot elf guy (not because he was a faggot. He died way before the Dwarf got to know him, lol.) by simply walking up to his unconscious body, and stabbing him in the neck.
The Rock chick was my most trusted ally, all the way up until she betrayed me in the Dwarf Underground stage, where I sided with Oghren's wife. Speaking of which, I killed nearly everybody in the Dwarf Kingdom, to cement my right to be the next Ruler of the Dwarves, lol.
In my Dwarf King playthrough, nobody was safe. He was going to kill you whether you were ally or foe.
The only way to stop him is to kill him, but no one could. Dwarf King dude is just too strong. Actually it was Morrigan who was doing all of the damage in nearly every single fight, but that's an inconvenient detail that we leave out.

Alistair ran away from my crew like a faggot, coz I didn't kill Loghain. (Allistair had balls in my game, so I didn't get the chance to execute him since Morrigan & My Dwarf King's influence, turned him evil.)
It's like who fucking cares about you, SOY BOY! Oh man, DA Origins was like made back in the early 2010s, in that game they actually treated Allistair like a full blown cuck and he was the butt of most of the jokes in that game. Allistair is basically Reddit, the character. He has the same stupid sense of humor, the same taint of an actual incel, and he was virgin in the game's canon. I damn sure of it coz I always have Morrigan in my crew & she taunts him about being some sappy virgin nerd.
I have a thing for Goth girls, especially if they're an asshole like she is. She always had something funny to say about the rest of the Dungeons & Dragon geeks that were in your party.

We had an epic Crpg thread at the other forum, and for like over a decade, it was more popular than the Jrpg thread. Then 2015 came along, and the site demographics changed. It also doesn't help that modern Western rpgs are fucking shit. The last one I remember loving the hell out of was Dragon Age Origins. Damn, I fucking loved that game, the lore, everything about it. Too bad every game after Origins is shit. The funny part is that Origins was just ok, but looks better than it actually is coz that's how fucking awful Biowhore games have become since then.

I can't think of any modern Wrpg that's actually good. I liked Witcher 3 for what it was, but I can't replay it coz it's fucking boring and it's barely ever an rpg. If Witcher 3 were Japanese, I bet you everyone would call it out as an Adventure game pretending to be an Rpg coz that's exactly what Witcher is.

I have some fun playing the new Shadowrun games, but that's coz I just ignore the shitty writing and focus on the shooting.
I haven't started Hong Kong yet, coz I had to restart my Dragonfall game. I got all the way up to the end of the game, as a Fist-based Ogre but it's near impossible as melee only. So I restarted the game as a human modeled after Frank Castle The Punisher & he mains the Assault rifle. What cracks me up, is now I'm gunning down people with no remorse. Boom Boom 1 shot, 1 kill! Semper Fi to my Bitch, her name is M16! Rattattat on dat Mutant Ogre scum! That one annoying Human Anarchist faggot who's in your crew? Yeah he has a brother who is in a White supremacist group, I gunned his bro down & I was like whachu gonna do? NOTHING!

First off, Where the fuck do Euros & Ameritards get this thought of a Mass-Contingent of White Supremacy Terrorist Cells from? They don't actually exist in the states outside of Prison gangs, but even then aren't most USA White supremacy groups just fronts for Mexican Cartels? The white boys are basically used as Drug Mules, yet the fucking retarded White boys who be writing this RPG shit, don't know fucking shit about actual crimelife in the USA, FUCK EM! AYY LMAO!

I thought I liked Wasteland 2, but I bought that for 6 bucks recently, and then I deleted it coz the combat was nowhere near as good as Xcom 2.
Now Xcom 2, that game is fuckign good but it's a Tactical Strategy game with some light Grand strategy elements. Honestly I've always prefer Strategy games over RPGS, coz strategy games are rarely ever on auto-pilot. (That's exactly why I hated Triangle Strategy, it felt like it was on auto-pilot.)
In Strategy games, you live or die based off of your own mastery of the game's ruleset. Even better, most of these type of games have permadeath so you pay extra care to a select few troops (I only ever main 3-6 at a time) and let everyone else die, use them as meat shields.

Mount & Blade series is very rpgish & open world, but I think it's considered a Strategy Fighting (It always gets grouped up in the Fighting game section.) game coz it's basically a Grand Strategy game where you live out the life of your avatar character, which is why it feels like an Rpg. Most strategy games have you controlling a faceless commander or god type who oversees all of the action.
In Moutn & Blade, you are the leader. Koei's Uncharted Waters series was like an ancient 80s/90s version of what Mount & Blade is.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Lol Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines 2, relegated to development hell.
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/vampir ... eloping-it
It looked fucking terrible anyway. A shame, the original is almost as good as Deux Ex 1.
That's what happens when you hire a bunch of e-celebs to work on your game. over half of their devteam were just writers from twitter. You don't need more than 1 writer, 3 at most. 1 main writer, 1 to keep track of VTMB Tabletop lore, and 1 to write most of the dialogue.

Where can I go for my sexy goth fix anyway? Goths used to be everywhere in gaming, from Shin Megami Tensei, Romancing Saga, Darkstalkers to Castlevania. (or maybe it was just Jap games.)
Goths are just like White Redheads, they've been erased from modern Western media. They're like an extinct species! Morrigan stopped being goth by DA3 Cisquisition. The Urban Goth scene is more than just being a pale casper bitch. It's all in the attitude and the aggression towards everything normie-pleb.
VTMB was filled with it.

I normally wouldn't link to a Sargoy vid, but he is a hardcore Western Rpg gamer and agree with him in regards to VTMB2.

The first time that I ever heard of this fat fuck, he was actually working on the development of a CRpg.

I loved the original because of how accurately it depicted the Urban Goth subculture. They literally believe or think that they're some vampire or some shit. A lot of them also believe in ghosts & do retarded pagan rituals.

I haven't been part of the gothscene since the early 2010s. How gay is it now? During the 90s, they were like the least 'woke, and ironically, they were the most traditionalist. Traditionalist as in they believe in gender-norms (lol, you have to believe in norms now.) Goth men are usually extremely masculine with huge barbarian beards & wear suits & leather. The women are very feminine and wear dresses & lingerie.

Back then shit was bumping. They would always tell me that they don't associate with gangsters but they accepted me coz I'm so fucking weird which invalidated me as a normie. That and I used to look like a Vampire.
I never grow my bangs out that long any more, it's too high maintenance. These days, I only go for Fist of the Northstar or Bastard! Mullets.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
HOUSELANDER
Spiral Smile

Post by HOUSELANDER »

?
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

LOL Homelander deleted his post. It seemed on topic to me.

Holy shit now this game looks good, Arkham Horror.

It's practically everything I'm looking for (An extremely replayable game with survival & resource conservation , where you're mostly uncovering a conspiracy which builds up into a huge battle.) and it even has decentish modern gfx instead of shitty 8bit sprite shit. The turnbased combat was when I was sold coz I was worried that it was going to be another one of those Lovecraft games where all you do is talk and have a shit for brains turd person shooter system that they just tacked on.
Nope, you're fighting monsters and the more you do, the more you lose your sanity. It reminds me of them Lovecraft Rpg maker games from the early 2000s.
Granted they're all based off of the same exact board game that this game is based off of.

I'm thinking of preordering, but the last time I preordered something was Cyber Shadow, which is legit one of the worse games I've ever played. Don't fucking listen to the internet who keep telling you it's an awesome game that lives up to Ninja Gaiden.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/861250/d ... 431192053/
IT FUCKING DOESN'T! AT ALL! Cyber Shadow plays more like a fucking Mario Maker Kaizo stage, and I keep getting called a noob by the Steam faggots when I've been playing motherfucking Ninja Gaiden since 1988 when I was like 5 years old! I know what I'm talking about when it comes to NG! (The entire series, including the Sega versions & Arcade.)
Fuck steam, why does Steam have so many shills who get butt hurt when you criticize the game they just bought?
If Cyber Shadow is so damn good, how come only 400 something people have reviewed it so far? That's the only reason it has a 9 out of 10 on Steam, barely any one fucking bought it!
It happened to me with Streets of Rage 4 and I like SOR4, but the mere act of criticizing always gets these Steam faggots, buttblasted and they gang up on you. They call you the dumbest motherfucker who ever lived and label you as the "lowest common denominator". (INTERNET RETARDS LOVE SAYING THE 'LCD' WORDS!)

A shame though coz I was this fucking close to copping Romancing Saga 3, Romancing Saga 2, Dragon Quest 3 & Final Faggotry 7 on the Switch, Now I have to recalculate which games I should disgard from the pack. I was also gonna preorder Saga Frontier which is my second fave Saga after Minstrel Song. I played Minstrel Song so much that the disc broke.

I say that I hate Jrpgs and I do (I think Xenoblade 1 is boring as fuck MMO bullshit! XB2 & Torna have fight systems that are as deep as a fighting game.), but the SaGa rpgs are actually Quasi Western Rpgs with extremely complex battlesystems and an open world that actually feels dangerous, instead of some virtual sight seeing faggotry.
SaGa is my fave Jrpg series, even though I hate most of the games from the series. The good ones are just so damn good though(Minstrel Song, Saga Frontier 1, Romancing Saga 3), that you'll be playing them forever.
You can actually own nearly the entire Saga series on the Switch. You can buy the overpriced Gameboy Saga games for like $40 (Why? They're too primitive, at least include the DS remakes which still suck!)
RS2, RS3, SF1, Saga Scarlet Grace and Switch even has Last Remnant.
You're only missing Saga Frontier 2, Romancing Saga 1 and LOL who fucking cares about Unlimited?

Classic Dragon quest is just damn good in general, because it feels like an arcade paced RPG, but it doesn't dumb down the rpg mechanics at all. (Unlike Final Fantasy.)
I really shouldn't have slept on the Switch version of DQ11, coz I'd play that just for the 2d mode. I like 2d DQ, because the games moves so fast. You don't have to wait for loading times, fucking battle animations that take for ever or any of that bullshit, and most of all, Stats actually matter unlike in DQ8,9, & 11 which are all piss easy.
11 had a hard mode, but the hard mode isn't fun, nor is it balanced well. Sorta like Trails of Coldsteel's hard mode which also isn't any fun.

I like classic 2d DQ coz it's the exact opposite of modern Jrpgs where everything is fucking slow and takes forever for you to get anywhere. In DQ, the game moves at your pace so it's as fast or as slow as you wish.

FF7, yeah I thought it was overrated way back in 1998 (I even had a day 1 copy but I only beat it twice coz the final disc stops spinning when you get to the final Jenova & Seph fights.), but when I look at classic FF7 now, and compare it to the shit ass remake. I'm like mang, I need this before the classic gets erased from time.

EDIT: I opted not to preorder. Arkham Horror's trailer looks good, but so did that Gi Joe game, lol. Cyber Shadow's trailers always looked liked ass but I preordered anyway coz "Muh Ninja Gaiden".
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Mentioning Gothic in the Nintendo thread reminded me that I hadn't checked on Pirahna Bytes in a while. Looks like they've finally released a trailer for Elex 2.

They've changed Jax's voice actor..., but the new artstyle looks nice IF that is in game.