"Inclusivity is an ongoing education for everyone, and nothing is set in stone." - Tim Schafer
Fun fact: God of War is on sale right now, but the SJWs are trying to stop it!

Moderators: WhereGamingDies, Airport51

Iwazaru
qishmish

Re: Shooters

Post by Iwazaru »

Doom 3 is just trash. It tries going for a survival horror feel like Doom 64 but the level designs are so fucking linear and feels like a hallway simulator.
Back in days i gave up on Doom 3 and played Prey (2006) instead which was fun. Also i heard that Riddick game was so much better than Doom 3.

Yeah that ish was advertised on Nintendo's channel with a far more badass trailer
Damn right, this one more epic indeed.

since I have every other boomer shooter on Switch
Which ones are there?

Have you played Blasphemous yet? You were raving on about that piece of shit as if it were good.
I played demo when i was talking about it, and haven't got to playing full version yet. It was one of few "castlevania"/"2d dark souls" -alike indies i liked.

I listened to OST though, and it was one of most enlivening music ever.

Meanwhile I still play the fuck out of the classics.
Did you try those expansions that you can install in-game via add-on menu? For Doom and Doom II there are "officially approved".

Back to Saturn X
Deathless
Doom Zero
Double Impact
Earthless Prelude
No End In Sight
No Rest for the Living
REKKR
Syringe
SIGIL
Plutonia Experiment
TNT Evilution

TNT & Plutonia are old officials from 90s. I also know that Sigil and No Rest For Living are decent. Have no idea about others, though people tell me to play Back to Saturn.
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

I've been playing the fucking shit out of World War Z on the Switch.

I'm shocked that it actually still feels mostly the same as the PS4 game, but with some slight blur.
It's actually way too similar to the point that you still have to fucking download the Japan campaign, which has the best missions. This was my most played game on the PS4, and I predict that it will be one of my most played on the Switch. I haven't played this game since 2019, and I'm still having as much fun with it as I did back when I was playing on PS4, right up until I traded in the PS4 plus the six or so physical games I had (PS4 Dragon Quest XI, World War Z, WWE 2k19, Resident Evil 2, Far Cry New Dawn, Nobunaga's Ambition, Far Cry 5. No I'm not a Fart Cry fan. They're just the least shitty games on a BS4, still shit tho!), in exchange for a Switch. (Funny coz I have over 10+ physical games on the Switch. It's hard to keep my 10 physical games or less rule on Switch.)

I'm really shocked by how unpopular these types of games are on the Switch though. Or at least shooters seem very unpopular on the internet, where all the (passive aggressive) nerds dwell.
They even went to the trouble of showing off the Japan crew to appeal to Nintenweebs (Too bad they used a White girl to portray Kimiko lol.) but they still shit on the game as if this weren't the best Left 4 Dead style shooter since L4D, yes that also includes that fucking garbage Back 4 Blood. (B4B has some of the dumbest character designs I've ever seen. It looks almost as bad as Saints Row reboot.)
I actually like WWZ way more over L4D coz of the class system which drastically changes how the game is played. I like that new Drone class which is like a nerd version of Exterminator.
Exterminator is basically John Rambo 3 & 4. Drone has similar functions as the Exterminator but it's your drone that's brute forcing everything and it feels awesome to always have a machine covering your 6.

On top of that, WWZ had some shipping issues nation wide coz they were shipped in the wrong box with the 'World Ends with you' games, lol.
I was able to get my copy of WWZ on day 1, coz I learned the hard way through Dying Light Platinum that if you don't take the time to preorder action games on the Switch, then you just won't get it coz no stores will stock them since Nintendo fans are a bunch of faggots who only play weeb shit. Ironic though coz in WWZ the game, the Japanese crew are the only peeps who get more than 1 campaign.
It's prolly coz of Kimiko. If you've played WWZ pvp back in 2019, damn near everyone was playing as Kimiko ayy lmao! (Her voice actress actually looks like her. It's the same case with Bunko, she's also modeled after her voice actress.) Online back in 2019, I mostly saw Kimiko, Bunko, Tashaun (however you spell his name, the Black dude), Ethan Wolfe and the other White dude from the Israel scenario. (The one with the baseball cap)
I'm willing to bet that the most played character in the Aftermath expansion is that BMX Italian chick. Or maybe it's still just Kimiko lol.

Although I was able to get my copy of WWZ on day 1, I still had some issues. I had to wait for half a day for my copy to arrive. No wonder why PS4/PS5 faggots & PC Master Bates always claim that Switch has a gamer drought.
It really does look like a drought if you're not into Nintendo exclusives or weebshit, because all you fucking see in stores are Nintendo exclusives, weebshit, and shitty ass overpriced indie games.
What I like about WWZ is how it's not woke or SJW at all. It tries to stay accurate to the actual countries that they're portraying.
I'm actually really shocked how accurate WWZ gets every single culture. Well I know for a fact that their Israel, American & Japanese campaigns, characters & story are accurate.
In terms of demographics, culture, & aesthetics. They even portray Japanese Americans as fat & lazy lol!

The American campaign has no White people at all. Just like real life New York City, ayy lmao.
I like how accurate the back ground stories are. American campaign has a Latin King, a 9/11 first responder, some cute Japanese nerd called Bunko (who's supposed to be the self insert nerd character that every zombie apocalypse has.), and well I still don't understand what the Black girl is supposed to be. She's as annoying as the chick from L4D2.

The Israel campaign is filled with military vets, and doesn't have a single gangster at all. It's funny coz every other campaign of the default 4 has a gangster.
I'm not sure how accurate Russia is, but well they all look Russian to me, lol.
Russia has a Doctor chick who teams up with a Russian Mobster, a Russian business man & an Anarchist.
Japan's crew I'm very impressed with coz they recruited people who would most likely be able to use guns and are the second most believable crew after the Israeli team. Japan has a Special Forces Police Swat guy (who would be as badass as Ethan from the Israel crew if Tatsuo didn't have such a nerdy voice.), a Yakuza (of course, lol.)
an Olympic shooter medalist & a coast guard combat medic.
I like how WWZ took the time to establish that Israel & Japan have the most organized & professional crews.
Whereas Russia & USA have the most ragtag band of random assholes.

Switch didn't get the Rome & France missions though and those campaigns didn't exist yet when I had it on PS4 so I never played them.
I am going to resub to Nintendo online just to play the fuck out of this game online. (I also want to play Dying Light in 4player mode, just like old times with Dead Island co op.)
I'm leveling up first in offline mode coz WWZ is one of those games where you don't want to jump right in without a few maxed out classes & silencers for all your weapons coz you won't survive a single swarm without perks.
I usually play without silencers though coz it's way more fun that way.
Plus I think it's retarded how your silencers never break. I think it's from the retarded WWZ book.
I never read it, it's supposedly realistic but if it is then they really don't understand how silencers work lol.

Only reason why I won't completely shit on it is that the background lore you read about through the extra mode in WWZ game all sound really believable. At least for USA, Israel & Japan. I don't really know much about Russia, at least not to the same level that I do of the other three.
Iwazaru wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:41 pm
since I have every other boomer shooter on Switch
Which ones are there?
Doom
Doom 2
Doom 2016
Doom Eternal
Doom 64
Ion Fury
Turok
Turok 2
Monument
Duke Nukem 3d
A whole bunch of stuff that I didn't list coz it's hard to keep track of since this shit just shows up on the Switch store without warning. I forgot what though coz I've never beaten a single one of them on the Switch. I always get bored whenever I get stuck having to find a fuckin key, or looking for the door that it just opened.

Quake is damn good though. Quake still feels pretty modern or as modern as Ion Fury, but Ion Fury has way better music.

Dusk recently came, but I ain't buying that for $20
I have a whole library of Boomer Shooters that I don't bother to beat coz imo, nothing really compares to pvp combat.

I swear mang, the view counts for Dusk & World War Z are abysmal and in both cases they went through the trouble of advertising these games to Nintenweebs, by using Japanese girls to market the game lol.

Did you try those expansions that you can install in-game via add-on menu? For Doom and Doom II there are "officially approved".

Back to Saturn X
Deathless
Doom Zero
Double Impact
Earthless Prelude
No End In Sight
No Rest for the Living
REKKR
Syringe
SIGIL
Plutonia Experiment
TNT Evilution

TNT & Plutonia are old officials from 90s. I also know that Sigil and No Rest For Living are decent. Have no idea about others, though people tell me to play Back to Saturn.
Of course I play them, since they're way better than Doom 2's default campaign.
I played the Final Doom campaign & I think REKKR the most. If RKKR is the Hexen style game, then yeah that's the one I played the most.

Holy fuck Doom 2 has really shitty pacing though. Doom 1 was paced like an arcade game, where the challenge got progressively tougher. Doom 64 was basically Doom 3 done right.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
HOUSELANDER
Spiral Smile

Post by HOUSELANDER »

Well what kind of shooters games? Mostly overrated stuff i've seen people been playing is the Battle royale style games instead of Arena style. Battle Royale games is usually boring. All i do when i playing that game is going inside building to building looting so many gears as many as possible and running non stop to find some people to shoot i don't wait around waiting and snipe i just running and chase people and shooting while moving forward towards my opponent. It is so boring if i don't find a single opponent while running around until the safe area is shrinking and people gathered around thats when its become arena shooter style where people start shooting each other. Its not fun there is one game where i get killed in the beggining because i didn't get to loot a weapon yet but some dude saw me and shoot me real quick how's that even fair.
Until recently i found out they made a new mode called Clash Squad play exaclty like Arena shooters
Screenshot_20220113_232916.jpg
Screenshot_20220113_232916.jpg (525.88 KiB) Viewed 1363 times
Fightin0823l is me, this only one of the few matches i get a decent killstreak and winning. i just being postive maybe i'm a noob and i will get better at my gameplay espcially when comes to quick reflex. I just need to pay attention to the footstep and the moment i get shoot i need to turn quick looking at the one who shooting at me and aiming and shoot em very fast. Its hard to play shooter on android when i can only use two thumbs. left thumb is to control the character movement and right thumb is to control my camera angle and also for pressing shooting button,sniper mode button, crouch button,crawling button and jump button. I always accidently pressing the shooting or sniper mode button when i trying to fix my camera angle.
I deleted that game from my Android lol. Much better if i own a Switch but i hesitant because i forgot i live in south asia. Internet connection is not that good if i want to own Switch just for the online pvp or coop pvp and i also don't think there is a lot of people in south asia owning a switch so finding a local match is might be a problem. I already have enough problem when i have fightcade emulator on my computer,there is rarely a local people to play with on my area so always get beaten so hard when i play classic Kof online fighting against international player like from America,korea etc. the lag just make it worse. Android shooters or moba is different since almost everyone own an android finding local match is no problem.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

HOUSELANDER wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:36 am Well what kind of shooters games? Mostly overrated stuff i've seen people been playing is the Battle royale style games instead of Arena style. Battle Royale games is usually boring. All i do when i playing that game is going inside building to building looting so many gears as many as possible and running non stop to find some people to shoot i don't wait around waiting and snipe i just running and chase people and shooting while moving forward towards my opponent. It is so boring if i don't find a single opponent while running around until the safe area is shrinking and people gathered around thats when its become arena shooter style where people start shooting each other. Its not fun there is one game where i get killed in the beggining because i didn't get to loot a weapon yet but some dude saw me and shoot me real quick how's that even fair.
Battle royale can be fun if you survive long enough for the final 10 battle to begin.
I often find that by the time I'm fully leveled up with the highest tiered weapons, that the final battle usually starts shortly after I'm fully upgraded. I haven't played Fortnite since the stupid ass Rick & Morty update though, and I haven't seen anything new or interesting to get me back into it. (I don't give a shit about Naruto. That's easily the worst animu out of the big three, DBZ, Naruto & One Piece.)
It's a fun game, and I have 100s of 'fwends' that I can only interact with through that game but the actual combat mechanics & the like are all pretty meh. It just feels good coz you can destroy practically anything.

I agree with you that I'd rather just play a typical tdm shooter, since that's what Battle Royale games generally turn into during the end game.

I think the popularity of Battle Royale games stems from how they function like a variety of genres which appeal to multiple groups of people. Battle Royale garbage has legions of fans who play them like Western style Rpg games (think Fallout or Skyrim) where they'll just run around the map completing quests without even caring about winning the actual match. These types of players play stuff like Fortnite as more of an openworld Grand Theft Auto style game, and it even has a bunch of radio stations.

Ironically, I think fortnite is a way better GTA style game than junk like Saints Row. I just bought Saints Row The Turd for Switch and then I traded it in coz everything about it is actually shit. Games must've been so grimdark & bland during the late 2000s & early 2010s if Saints Row the Turd was actually able to sell over 3 million copies.
The writing, the gameplay, the atmosphere, the shitty ass openworld map. Damn near everything from Saints 3 is fucking terrible. The only thing I like is some of the music, coz it has songs from Karate Kid 1 & Rocky 4 for some reason, lol.

Winning in Fortnite also requires much more brains than a typical shooter. In most shooters, you simply have to be the best, fastest or most accurate shooter. In Fortnite you simply have to be the best at whatever style you've cultivated for yourself. A lot of the pro Fortnite gamrs are fucking trash at shooters, but they'll completely outbuild you, and will win just by building towers all around you using it as a distraction so that they can flank you.

I'm much better at the actual shooting portion so I just allow the builders to build around me and I'll simply wait for the timer to run out, wait for them to run out in the open and that's when I kill them. Unfortunately during the mid game, I'll usually run into other guys who are also good at shooting people, so the shooter types often eliminate each other midmatch.
I deleted that game from my Android lol. Much better if i own a Switch but i hesitant because i forgot i live in south asia. Internet connection is not that good if i want to own Switch just for the online pvp or coop pvp and i also don't think there is a lot of people in south asia owning a switch so finding a local match is might be a problem. I already have enough problem when i have fightcade emulator on my computer,there is rarely a local people to play with on my area so always get beaten so hard when i play classic Kof online fighting against international player like from America,korea etc. the lag just make it worse. Android shooters or moba is different since almost everyone own an android finding local match is no problem.
LOL I only play rpgs & strategy on iphone. I can't control action games worth shit with just my fucking fingers.
I might be moving somewhere in South Asia. My arrangement with South Korea has been canceled since they won't let anyone in or out of the country anymore, lol. I'm gunning for Las Vegas first (Vegas doens't even feel or look American. It's like some alternate reality world. Even their fashion sense looks Japanese, which is funny coz Japs don't even give a shit about Vegas. They care about shitty ass NYC, not realizing that Vegas looks more what they think Amrican is.) before I consider South Asia. The problem with South Asia is that none of my American made electronicz work with South Asian electrical outlets.
It's weird coz Japan & Korea use the same exact electrical sockets as the Amerimutt dysgenic mutants.

If your focus is shooters, I wouldn't get a Switch. Get a Soiny Gaystation 4. The problem with Switch is that shooters are treated as a niche genre. Mothrfucking World War Z's co-op online is already nearly dead and it just came out 2 months ago lol. About 16 people have added me as a fwend from that game, since I am one of the highest ranked. I only had the PS4 version of WWZ for 2 months since I traded in the PS4 & all of my games for a Switch back in 2019, but even then WWZ was still extremely active & very easy to find games both in co-op and the main pvp mode. (Which is the one where you're in a 3-way battle vs another team of 6, and an infinite horde of zombies. I still can't believe that Resident Evil still hasn't done this yet. The mode from RE6 doesn't count coz it's so small scale.)

The Switch shooter scene is so dead, that I never had a single Multiplayer match on the Switch version of WWZ.
I fucking hate crossplay (especially since Paladins was killed by it, due to how most of us got sick & tired of being bullied around by Playstation 4 gangs, who even gangraped the pc masturbates.) but Switch is the one system that desperately needs it, because the Switch fanbase doesn't really play shooters.
They only play Splatoon for the most part, a shooter that I feel is just meh. The problem is how do you design a shooter for the Nintenlards? They'll even label Metroid pvp shooters & Daemon X Machina as generic shooters when it's actually motherfucking Splatoon that feels generic as fuck, it just has very explosive & colorful art design, but the actual gameplay is the most barebones I've ever seen from a so-called 'competitive shooter'.
If you're on Swtich, you're stuck with it since Splattoon is ultra famous in Japan.
I really don't get it, coz it doesn't even play like Contra, and you can win rounds by shooting the fucking background, AYYY LMAO!

I recall that you can even start up a game of Warface on the Switch (which is Free2Play) if you turn crossplay off coz there just isn't enough switch people playing at the same to build a 16 player pvp match.
Most faggots on Switch only play the co-op anyway, which is really fucking boring btw.
At least WWZ's co-op is fun, because you're fighting off hordes of infinite zombies. Not dumbass soldier ai.
Overwatch was just on sale recently but I didn't even bother since that game is fairly dead on both PC & PS4, and I don't even want to waste money to see how dead it is on Switch. I don't know anyone on Switch who even bothered with that game for more than 1 month. They all just went back to Paladins which was always much better than Overwatch. I'm like the only one who completely ditched Paladins (It's been unplayable garbage since 2020. The ony thing great about Paladins are all of the sexy waifus.) for the vastly superior Rogue Company which actually has good, tactical gameplay but with an arcade twist.
It's basically an Uncharted + Rainbow 6 hybrid, and I'm amazed by how well it works. Tooo bad Rogue never caught on so the playerbase is fairly small and now I'm regularly getting into matches where I rack up over 50+ kills in a single match coz just like with every Hirez game, the matchmaking is completely fucking garbage and unfair.

It's bearable in Rogue Company though since you can actually win, solo by just being that much better than the other team. You don't feel like a sitting duck like you would in Paladins where matches are fucking decided by your fucking card deck rather than actual skills.

Switch is a great system, but only if you're into platformers, rpgs & strategy games. Nintendo has tried countless of times to bring in the action gamer market, but its always met with a lukewarm reception.
To my knowledge only Astral Chain & Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 sold somewhat well, both selling over 1 million but stayed at only 1 million something copies sold. Bayonetta only sold 650k units. That's how unpopular action & shooting games are on the Switch. I guess it's a decent tradeoff since I'm getting old and I vastly prefer Strategy games anyway. I don't care for rpgs, but I do miss platformers. Especially Action platformers, which is what the Kirby series is.

Switch is also the only system that doesn't really censor fanservice tits & ass. I say doesn't really, because it's clear that they have been self-censoring with their first party (You used to be able to see directly up Peach's skirt back on the wii & gamecube lol.) & 2nd party titles like Bayonetta 3 (the delay for that game was due to them trying to figure out a toned down design for Bayonetta coz even her Smash Bros B2 design is considered too risque due to how her ass shape is visible in her tights, lol. Funny how Bayo started off as a completely naked chick who's only covered by hair to what she is in Bayo 3), but it's only due to the extreme censorship from both China & the USA.
You eliminate those two fucktarded countries, and the censorship will go away. That would leave Russia still standing, but I have no idea what their censorship of media is like. It could be worse, or could be better.
Personally I wish every country was like Japan, where they don't give a fucking shit at all. In Japan, women will insult men who aren't even the least bit perverted or macho. (Unlike in the USA, where you're viewed as the devil if you contain at least one macho trait, ayy lmao!) Japan's idea of a manly man is someone like Ryo Saeba or Golgo 13. (Notice how both of those characters aren't popular at all in the West. In fact, most Western anime fans don't even know who those two are.)

Switch has a 102 million userbase, but very few of them play shooters. I think most of them play Animal Crossing since I even see pretty Jap bictches from my highschool playing that shit lol. (I showed a few pics awhile back.)
PS4 has a 116 million userbase, but very few of them play videogames. AYY LMAO! Seriously, most PS4 players only bought the system so they can watch Netflix on their tv, or play yearly FIFA. (Switch players also play yearly FIFA, but they're a bit more hardcore coz they mix their yearly FIFA with yearly POKEMON, lol!)

The few gamers that PS4 actually does have (I'd say about 50 million), are shooter/fps fans who honestly play nothing but shooters, and sometimes a fighting game like that Mortal Kombat X or DragonBall Fighterz garbage.
I'm more of a guy who's into a variety of genres so the Switch is for me, but I just wish they took shooters much more seriously than garbage ass Splatoon. I honestly wist that the Metroid Hunters game were Nintendo's main shooter, but that's a real shooter and real shooters don't do that well on the switch.
The only reason why Dying Light is somewhat popular on the Switch is because that game is more of a Rpg, rather than an actual shooter. I can deal with Smash Bros being the Switch's main fighter since it is deep in its own way (not as fun as a real fighting though like Street Fighter 2, Alpha series & Turd Strike.) but Splatoon being Switch's main shooter is goddamn shit. Too bad Arms didn't take off, coz that game is actually good. It's just that it's too hardcore for Smash players and fighting game community hate it coz its behind the camera like punch out. The modern FGC are a bunch of pussies who hatttttteeee every game that isn't a 2d fighter or Tekken.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

Have you guys tried Lost Planet (1 or 2, 3 is fake)?
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

3 is actually what the original was supposed to be like before it was turned into a coop game.
sudaca
King of Paradise Hotel

Post by sudaca »

Krizzx wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:29 am 3 is actually what the original was supposed to be like before it was turned into a coop game.
heresy /mods
all my posts are ironic on an endless loop until I have the upper hand in the conversation
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Which boomer shooters you are waiting for? Here is my list.

Selaco, Fortune's Run, Trepang^2, Supplice, SPRAWL, Wizordum, Beyond Sunset, Fallen Aces, Incision, Disdain, Agent 64: Spies Never Die, Compound Fracture...

Also Hrot and Wrath should go out of early access.
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)