Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Re: SEGA!

Post by Jack »

We also didn't get the first two Legend of Heroes games. There was a Yuyu Hakusho RPG that was detailed as fuck and this RPG Golfing game that was like Golf Story only 20 years before it was released(LOL, sega did Golf Story first).
Most of those games wouldn't have made a difference. I think the only two games that stayed in Japan, and actually would've made an impression on everyone are Dahna Megami Tanjo & Alien Soldier.
I actually don't understand why Alien Soldier was skipped over when Sega of America routinely ruined most of their own games by fucking up the balancing and making them needlessly hard for no reason. They didn't have to do that with Alien Soldier coz it's already pointlessly hard by default. It's actually a detriment to that game. I'd like it way more if ammo weren't so limited & the controls weren't so imprecise.

The OG Legend of Hero games were just Dragon Quest clones anyway. At the time, nobody outside of Japan like any of those type of RPGs. Even the SNES never received any DQ type games in the West.
I don't recall a YuYu rpg, there was a JoJo Bizarre's ADV styled YuYu adv game which had rpg combat but it wasn't a rpg.
In any case, I don't see how that would've been a huge improvement to the Western library.
I actually didn't know that Battle Golfer Yui was a rpg. I have all of those games in Super Retrocade, but I don't play them. That golf rpg looks fun, but it'd just be another Beast Warriors/ Beast Wrestler. A cool niche game, which made the Genesis what it was, BADASS.

A game that stayed in Japan that I would've loved is Hybrid Front. (I never heard of it before until I saw it on Mega Drive Mini, it's actually a Sega exclusive.)

That game just seems tailor made for me.
Considering that Shining Force actually was popular on the Genesis, I think Hybrid Front may have had a chance especially since it has a very complex plot which would even resonate well with modern audiences coz that's how well written & expansive Hybrid Front's background setting seems to be.

Eveything about Hybrid Front seems badass from the music, the art style to the story. You even get yuge dossiers on every character, the history and the current geography. It's like a game made from this era, but it stepped on the Terminator time machine by accident and got stranded in the 90s and then had to dress itself up as a game from the 90s. :lol: .

Like you said before, Sega was almost always ahead of everybody in terms of innovation. Hybrid Front is one such game. I've played a ton of Strategy Turn based Rpgs on SNES, and not a single one of them is on Hybrid Front's level. (The setting is as in-depth as Trails of Cold Steel & Xenoblade/Saga/Gears. I have a new found respect for Gears since Xenoblade is basically the same story, the main writers of Xeno has since matured and knows how to properly write a narrative now, using the same exact themes he & she always used.)
The Majin Tensei games are extemely simple in comparison to Hybrid Front with the only thing comparable between the two are the realistic character designs and badass techno/rock music.

We also didn't get
Lemme rephrase that, the only rpg that I feel would've added to Genesis's Murican library. King Colossus was basically their Secret of Evermore. Yeah sure Evermore isn't well-liked but it's a hardcore action rpg during an era when action rpgs were relatively easy.
Would I say that Colossus was better than Evermore or Terranigma? No, not by a long shot but it'd be a respectable entry when compared side by side with Beyond Oasis & Light Crusader. I actually owned both of those games on day 1, but i hated Light Crusader back in the day coz it felt too American to me, considering it's a Treasure game.

I've warmed up to Crusader over the years, but it still feels really American, I heard that Light Crusader actually inspired Diablo 1 since Light Crusader was actually the first isometric hack n slash. Amusingly, I've always liked Diablo. I think it's Diablo has a much more consistent atmosphere. Light Crusader looks dark, but the atmosphere is over the place. Sometimes it comes off as gritty as Metroid, but then other times it's weird Japanese shit that looks like bland American shit.
X-men 2 and Ecco weren't influenced by SEGA's localization team.
Sega's localization (pre-Bernie) generally left games untouched. (Aside for the aforementioned bad habit, of making the US version harder by ignoring the orignal game's balancing.)
SOA weren't like Nintendo of America who would completely change everything, even replacing female enemies with boys (Final Fight, Ninja Warriors, countless other action games.) most of the time so as to avoid offending Christian cucks.
Splatterhouse 2 & 3 certainly weren't censored in any way and that's saying something coz even the TG-16 version of Splatterhouse 1 was censored in the USA.

What Sega usually did is completely change the promotional art to resemble 70s & 80s era movie posters.
I feel that was a good move since a lot of the art they generated look way better than the scribbles that most of those games had in Japan.Image
I never saw the Jap cover as a kid, but if I did, I'd be like
9 yr old me: "Meh whatever. Who wants to play as a faggy princess?"
Whereas the actual cover that I saw as a kid made me go
9 yr old me: "Wow mom, buy me that game! That hot nekkid bitch is shooting lightning from her hands & she has such a cool pet Dragon! I WNAT THAT! I NEED THAT!"
That's the exact reaction SOA's marketting was going for and I say that they succeeded for the most part.

The only marketting changes I don't understand is why the fuck did they change Streets of Rage & Shinobi's covers into something that's far more bland?
http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread ... -up!/page3
Streets of Rage's American art doesn't even make any fucking sense. It's some of the most amateur art I've ever seen. It's like they never heard of perspective.

Golden Axe is a weird one coz I think the Jap & US covers both look badass as fuck.

Troubleshooter is prob the best example of botched American art work. In this example, I could def imagine 9 yr old me wanting to play the game with the hot blonde & blue haired chick
over that weird one.
It's funny coz they're using the same basic idea, hot half naked chicks on the cover, it's just the girls in the Murican cover, aren't hot.
I did see that game at blockbuster, and no I never rented it coz the cover sucks.

There is also the huge library of Japan only Saturn RPGs and detailed Text Adventure games/VNs. If I ever finish learning how to read Japanese at a competent level, the first thing I'm going to do is tackle the Saturn RPG library.
Those games weren't going to penetrate the American or European market at all. Who cares that they stayed in Japan? I was living in Japan back when the Saturn was 'popular' and I still rarely saw anyone even in Japan giving a shit about those games. Sakura Taisen was extremely popular, but that's about it. ST is an acquired taste though, and I don't think it'd have made a difference had it came West back in the 90s.
Grandia was the only one that had potentional coz it had advanced gfx during its era, full voice acting, full battle animations, and full 3d enviornments.
Grandia was the most technogically advanced rpg during its era until Final Faggotry 7 released.
You never hear about how technologically advanced Grandia 1 was coz it didn't finally come to the USA until two years after FF7 released, and to make it worse it came to the PSX instead of the Saturn :lol: .

Nothing that Saturn had, that was stuck in Japan would've ever competed well against Squaresoft's PSX games.
Compare Squaresoft's 90 PSX output to the Saturn Rpgs, Square's games look like they're two generations ahead especially Chrono Cross & Parasite Eve 2.

Only Capcom's fighters that were stuck in Japan, seemed like they could've made a dent on the PSX coz they were the superior versions of the Arcade games.
PS4 & Vita already get all of that VN crap, and they appeal to a small market.
With that said, I hope Nintendo localizes Famicom Detective Club 1 & 2 Switch remake once it releases in Japan. They should finally add Ayumi to Smash, since they always wanted to include her but chose not to since she's not relevant outside of Japan.

Famicom Detective Club is a Visual novel done right, coz it feels like a full blown explorable world. A shame that they only made 3.

I had Eternal Champions. It had a great story and design for what it was, even though the final boss fight was more broken than an SNK boss. I never got to play the seque, and Its a shame the sequel never got a re release as with most SEGA CD games.
I actually don't like that game, & I think it was the most retarded idea ever to design a Genesis exclusive game, for a 6 button controller. It would've made more sense to use a 3 button approach like Virtua Fighter did.
EC had a cool setting though, and I generally like chracter design. A lot of people say that they look goofy, but I mean come on. How does EC look even more goofy than Mortal Kombat? MK had like only the ninjas & Kano who looked cool. Everyone else was a geek.
The Shadow only spin-off game was horrible. I didn't think SEGA of Japan killed it off. I thought it was the abyssmal performance of the two followup games.
There's been confirmation that Sega of Japan did kill EC.
https://books.google.com/books?id=hxhmD ... it&f=false

I believe the claims due to how Yuzo Koshiro and his sister have always had a hard time trying to get a Streets of Rage 4 greenlighted. They were denied every single time coz Sega of Japan (which was still ran by Nakayama, lol.) have never heard of it, which is bonkers to me coz SOR is one of the few in-house Sega games that actually sold over 2 million units each. (Except SOR3, but it didn't sell that bad for that era.) That to me, signifies that Sega of Japan was willing to kill off anything that was only popular outside of japan.

Yuzo Koshiro has recently stated that the SOR games aren't popular inside of Japan at all.

Too bad SOR4 looks & sounds like hot garbage, but oh well.

Even if Eternal Champions 3 did happen, it sounded terrible from what they were planning.
https://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php ... far.35409/
Even if it did bad though, it was still a bankable IP that had mass appeal. (Until Nintendo retaliated with their own fighting game.) EC had way more mass appeal than Virtua Fighter ever had. VF is a classic case example of someone having high technical ability, but zero charisma.
Charisma & sex appeal matters more when generating casuals to your product. If you have 0, nobody is going to care about it beyond the few die hards.

That Shadow & Larsen game were spin off games. If Sega of Japan killed it just coz the spin off games did horrible than they even more stupid than I thought since Mortal Kombat had lfops that were just as big such as the Mortal Kombat jax Special Forces game.
That's the thing, Eternal Champions actually was a household name back in the early 90s. It eventually faded away when Nintendo retaliated with Killer Instinct (which was way cooler under Nintendo anyway. Fuck Microsoft for turning Ki3 gay.)

Eternal Champions could've stayed strong though if Sega of Japan weren't hardcore Xenophobic as fuck.

Nintendo is xenophobic, but they also had great mastermind geniuses behind them such as Hiroshi Yamauchi who acted and looked liked a full blown Yakuza mob boss. :lol:
(I believe that he really did hire a hit on Yokoi, since Yokoi is the entire reason that Nintendo became a video game manufacturer. Yokoi could've easilly started his own systems to compete against Nintendo.)

Yamauchi would always take a chance on an idea that gaijins had if they could convince him that it'd be a success. The same wasn't the case for Hayao Nakayama.
Nakayama is actually the reason why Yamauchi underestimated Sega at first. Nintendo of Japan never saw Sega as true competition ever, coz Sega of Japan were bumbling dumbasses.
Yamauchi ignored Sega coz he was far more worried bout the PC Engine who were SNES's completion in Japan.

Yamauchi had nothing to do with Play it loud, but what was genius about him is that he allowed Nintendo of America to handle Sega of America, coz he understood that it would take an American to tackle a campaign that was aimed towards American rebellious youth.
Unlike 2 inch dick Hayao Nakayama, Yamauchi didn't get jealous of Nintendo of America's successes. He worked alongside them. What a novel concept. ;)
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Honestly, I always felt that there was this HUGE disconnected between the people who ran SEGA and the people who made products for them. Like they didn't match up and the corporate side was always trying to market to people completely different demographic than those who actually liked the types of products they released. SEGA always felt too corporate on the business end, like they never took their actual audience into consideration when making any decisions. That's the critical area where they differed from Nintendo.
There was a huge disconnect (still is, but the difference is we don't matter now, coz modern Sega is rich as fuck.), but Sega's 90s-early 2000s corporate, didn't even seem like proper buisness men. The dead motherfucker who was president of Sega of Japan, actually bowed and cried to Microsoft, pleading them to save his company. I mean, who the fuck does that?
It made me wonder if they just inherited their buisnesses but all of Sega of Japan's Presidents seem to be self-made men.
https://segaretro.org/Shoichiro_Irimajiri
https://segaretro.org/Isao_Okawa
https://segaretro.org/Hayao_Nakayama

It's weird though, why did they act like such pampered morons? You'd be thinking they were born into the business with how amateur and small-time they came off.
Hiroshi Yamuchi inherited his business, but the business he inherited is completely different from the God-Titan Nintendo that he eventually made with Gunpei Yokoi & Shigeruo Miyamoto.

After reading up more on Bernie Stolar, who was the guy who successfully launced the PSX before being recruited by Sega. I think his strategy made a lot of sense, he wanted to kill the Saturn immediately so they could place all of their marbles on the Dreamcast. Like it or not, outside of Sega's 1st party games that they already released (Panzer Dragoon, Virtua Fighter, Fighter's Megamix, Virtua cop, etc.) none of their library really had the appeal to penetrate a non-Japanese market.

The Saturn's library is like what a Nintendo library would look like if a Nintendo console only had WarioWare, Yoshi's Cookie & Pikmin games released on it, but completely ignored Zelda & only released a few Mario side games, and some weird ass Pokemon fighting game, but no real Pokemon rpg.

That's what the Saturn was, no real Sonic games, a weird Golden Axe Fighter, and they completely ignored Streets of Rage :lol:.

I actually would've gotten a Dreamcast over a PS2, but the Dreamcast already fuckign died by the time I had the money to get a Dreamcast so I got me a Jap PS2 instead, lol. I got another PS2 for Xmas as a gift but at least it was an American PS2 so I kept it.
Iwata was a one of a kind. It always urked me back during the Wii U life where people were constantly chanting, "FIRE IWATA!," "FIRE MIYAMOTA,".
I also thought Iwata was a joke but this was back when I was firmly in the Sony camp.It wasn't until I read up more about him & watched documentaries about him that I finally realized that I've been playing Iwata games all along, he just doesn't give a shit about cred, so you won't even know you played an Iwata game before unless you look into it.

I was such a Sony scrubb, that I couldn't understand why Mikami would get so mad at Crapcom for porting over RE4 to PS2, until you actually play the Gaycube version. As an artist, perfectionist or whatever he considers himself, I'd be pissed too. RE4 PS2 looks like an insult to what the game originally was on the Gamecube.
The more insulting part though is that PS2 gamers ate up their barely playable version of RE anyway :lol: 8-)
I did as well, it was one of my games of the year and used to be in my top 3 games of all time.
I don't even know what my top 3 is anymore. It used to consist of Ninja Gaiden 1 Black, Streets of Rage 2 & Resi Evil 4 with Super Metroid at 4, but the Switch has completely fucked up that list coz their games are better. NG1 Black still has relevance though, coz nobody has ever made anything remotely comparable to it yet, and prob never will. Not unless BOTW2 manages to be that open world type of game with NG/Dark Souls like combat :lol: .

I only came to Sony due to Squaresoft, but abandoned them during the Wii era and jumped ship to Microsoft coz Microsoft was the Rebellious Sega Genesis of that era. (I only chose PS4 over Switch coz I bought a copy of Yakuza 0 as an impulse buy. Had I waited a month later, I would've been on the Switch.)
Weird how in the modern era, it's actually Nintendo who's rebelling against the entire system, doing things their way, and now non-nintendo gamers the world over are getting salty over Nintendo's success.

The most remarkable thing about Iwata is that Nintendo Switch was actually his idea, a shame that he didn't live long enough to see how fucking big it became. I believe it will surpass Wii in terms of cultural impact. It already outsold the SNES and the Nintendo exclusives are already as good & classic as SNES 1st party was.
Sony really skewed the industry with their money hatting catering to the lowest common denominator.
Don't forget Microshit. They pioneered paid online gaming that even the Switch does. I don't really mind it on Switch though coz it's only $20.
Sony & Microsoft were always attempting a Multimedia machine. There's an audience for that, a huge audience in fact but who cares when all they do is watch Netflix? Seriously that's all they do in between a few rounds of the latest Call of Duty and the latest Triple AAA Sony Cinematic classic where all you do is press up to walk & talk, as the gameplay.

I got so sick of that, that I abandoned all of the communities I had on PSN just to try out the Switch. (I had more fun interacting & hanging out with people on PSN, then I did from the actual games.)
If I hated the Switch, I would've finally stopped gaming.
y Dreamcast developers you can see this dude from Crazy Taxi dev team talking about a target audience that he could only describe with a hand gesture. You can sort of imagine what he's trying to say with his hands but, not being able to describe it with words says a lot I think.
Judging from that vid, the most accurate assessment came from that Segagaga guy when he claimed that the 1st Generation does all of the hard work to acheive success, the 2nd generation follows in their footsteps, the 3rd generation squanders everything by trying to be too cultural-relative & creative.
That's definitely Sega's problem. They even name dropped the same 3 games that I pointed out as being pointless expenses, Seaman, Space Channel 5 & Shenmue. They said that only non-gamers bought Seaman, and bought nothing but Seaman :lol: .

I think Crazy Taxi is one of the few Dreamcast-era Sega games that had great market potentional and worldwide viability. I've even seen Alexis Bliss talk about Crazy Taxi, so that's pretty fucking mainstream-American.

Crazy Taxi isn't that weird, it's on the nose about what it is. You literally are just a crazy taxi driver and the actual character designs are very relatable since they look a lot like American people you would see during the late 90s & early 2000s.
I wish stuff like Daemon X Machina was successful, good gameplay with high budget, and the story is a quick visual novel UI with minimal budget. I think it's the closest you can get to the Mega Drive Spirit that Treasure-guy talks about.
DxM's budget didn't seem that high. It was mid-budget at best. They reuse way too many assets throughout the entire game.
The biggest budget games that Nintendo made on Switch seem to be BOTW, Smash Bros, Mario Odyssey & Xenoblade 2. Xb2 has such great body language & cinematography. I'm amazed by how expressive the non-verbal story telling is coz even games like The Witcher 3 have bland body language. :lol:

DxM feels more like a fastpaced version of Starfox to me. I could easily imagine that game being reskinned & resold as a Starfox and immediately sell over 1 million units just due to brand recognition.
Or course I'd prefer DXM, I'd rather fly alongside a babe like Crown Princess over soem random furry.

DxM does play a bit like Gunstar heroes at parts, but that's what made DxM kinda disappointing, coz the craziest levels were actually some of the co-op stages from the first three chapters of the game. The end game is boring coz you're endlessly fighting pilots who just run away from you most of the time.
Most of the bosses just stand there too, they're not as fun as the train bosses who you actually had to chase down. Now that shit, felt like a 3d Contra or Gunstar to me.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
wiregrind
Camellia Smile

Post by wiregrind »

Jack wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:39 pm I was such a Sony scrubb, that I couldn't understand why Mikami would get so mad at Crapcom for porting over RE4 to PS2, until you actually play the Gaycube version. As an artist, perfectionist or whatever he considers himself, I'd be pissed too. RE4 PS2 looks like an insult to what the game originally was on the Gamecube.
The more insulting part though is that PS2 gamers ate up their barely playable version of RE anyway :lol: 8-)
Similar thing happened with K7 too. The capcom 5 betrayal probably is the main reason nintendo said "fuck it" and forgot about the graphics competition altogether. The cube had better hardware than the PS2, did anyone care? fuck no. Nobody cared, not even developers.

This is why I don't understand the people who complain about nintendo's graphics these days. Were those people playing on a cube with better graphics than PS2? I bet the people complaining about switch graphics today were playing PS2 and didn't even care.
Jack wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:39 pm They said that only non-gamers bought Seaman, and bought nothing but Seaman :lol: .
I think nintendo returned to form from it's wii mindset after seeing that non-gamers only purchased wii sports and nothing else, and did not show up at all for WiiU. Even if right now the switch is not going for high graphics (still retaining the wii mindset in that regard) Nintendo is currently doing more hardcore stuff. The non-gamers just don't show up. Sega couldn't rely on them, nintendo couldn't either. Only EA sports can rely on them.
Jack wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:39 pmDxM does play a bit like Gunstar heroes at parts, but that's what made DxM kinda disappointing, coz the craziest levels were actually some of the co-op stages from the first three chapters of the game. The end game is boring coz you're endlessly fighting pilots who just run away from you most of the time.
Most of the bosses just stand there too, they're not as fun as the train bosses who you actually had to chase down. Now that shit, felt like a 3d Contra or Gunstar to me.
Yeah I agree the game starts better than it ends. I'm about to beat it and I miss the early stages. But the colossal battles online are fun and the new randomizer online dungeon thing seems promising.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Oh btw Streets of Rage 4's ost is trash! It's just retrowave garbage.
https://soundcloud.com/dotemu-games/
It's not on youtube for some reason. (You only see fantracks.)
It's called Streets of Rage / Bare Knuckle goddamn it. Where's the ghetto music bitch? I'm just hearing a bunch of Internet Electronica-Hipster noise.

This is Streets of Rage. You could imagine DMX rapping to that beat coz that's how Ruff Ryders roll.

The only SOR4 track that actually sounds ghetto/gangsta/street is obviously the song by Motohiro Kawashima.
What the hell do people think SOR's music is?
It's supposed to sound thuggish.

It's what actual American Gangsta rap sounded like back in the 90s. Streets of Rage sounded gangsta like this,

"Kill Dem off Lik dis, BUH BUH BUH BYE! I see he wonderin He born 2 die, BLAH!"

"What's muh motherfuckkin name? SERIAL KILLA, SERIAL KILLA!"
I like how AEW rassling uses a remixed version of this cut for Kong's theme.

That shit be sounding like Alien Power.

When Yuzo made his tunes, he just ripped off of late 80s Chicago style American Hiphop & early 90s New Jack Swing (which is the same style of music that Sonic 1 had.), but for some reason with SOR4, I'm not hearing a hip hop influence at all. SOR4's ost doesn't even sound Urban-made. It sounds like it were made inside some White nerd's garage with premade retrowave loops like that "Next of Kin" track, :lol: .

With Yuzo & Motohiro's tracks, you couldn't tell that a Jap mixed it, coz it legit sounded ghetto as fuck.

I hear British rave influences in this classic-Yuzo track, but it still sounds Ghetto. It sounds like a song that Keith from Prodigy would be terrorizing the streets to.

This is why SOR3's ost was so good, it sounded like a hybrid of Chicago-made beats & Brit style
Rave.

There was a lot that I didn't like about SOR4 but I was willing to give it a pass so long as they got the music right. What the fawk are they even doing with the OST? It's like they haven't gotten the memo that SOR's overall theme is "Sounds of the Streets". It's supposed to sound like music that people from the ghetto would actually bounce to while in the club. Instead SOR4's ost sounds like an Ecstasy party, lol.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Some of the SOR4 songs are pretty good.
This one sounds G-Funk as fuck.

The problem is that this is a boss song. None of the boss songs are anywhere near as iconic or threatening as the SOR 1 - 3 themes.

This is prob the theme that sounds the closest to a SOR track, Barbon's theme. It's by Kawashima the guy who did SOR3 & some SOR 2 songs.

It sounds like an updated version of Sega's Yamaha sound chip.

This song was also pretty good. It sounds ghetto at least. Too bad none of these songs are hardcore like Dub Slash was, or even Attack of the Barbarian.

For some reason, all of Yuzo Koshiro's tunes were trash. He didn't seem to give a fuck at all, lol.

This is basically the same garbage that Yuzo put out for the other SOR clone, The TakeOver.

A lot of people like that Rising Up song.
https://www.youtube.com
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

https://www.pcgamesn.com/phantasy-star- ... lease-date

PSO2 is finally dropping this month. But only on the shitty windows store. Microsoft isn't letting it drop on steam. I'd rather it be stand alone than stuck on the windows store.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Fuck microshit, Fuck Bill Gates & Fuck his vaccine for the overhyped corona virus.

I wanted to post up my rank 17 Mania score in SOR4 but I think I ejected my card too early coz it's not on the pc.
I'm rank 18 now, coz some fuck slightly beat my score.
When I first played SOR4, I gave it about 6 out of 10. Then I suddenly 'understood' the game when I decided to just screw around with it and spammed specials. It turns out that SOR4 is like the 2d version of Devil May Cry, it's all about CUhraaazzy combos. I be doing some sick as infinite-combo shit as Blaze.

SOR4 even has their own version of this pic during the ending. They actually show her lambada dancing with thicc ol thighs.
I really like Blaze's new characterization in SOR4, they make her act as crazy as Revy from Black Lagoon. Adam is a Fed now. Axel is a fucking hobo. Max looks exactly the same, as does Zan & Roo. Skate doesn't even show up at all. Mona & lisa look hot in their preproduction pics but they're not even in the game.

I fucking love this song!

Def sounds like SOR. It's weird how none of the good songs are by Yuzo at all, aside for the main theme & the ok stage 1 theme.

I think this is like my fave game on Switch, not even a nintendo exclusive. Smash Bros & Xenoblade 2 are still masterpieces, but this just proves to me that deep down, I'll always be a SEGA! guy.
I'm def getting the physical.
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/sw ... 02295.html
It's just that Sega doesn't even make games from that era before. They actually left SOR4 to die but it surprisingly became a success. It's been in the Switch eshop No. 1 & No.2 spot for the past two weeks.

LOL btw I bought that Streets of Rogue game and that shit is addicting too, I'd prob be playing the hell out of it had I not got it at the same time as SOR4. My hands fucking hurt coz I'd waste most of the day just trying to S rank Mania stages.

I already write tons of TLDR posts at damn near every SOR4 forum so I'll just stick to a TLDR
SOR4 actually plays the fastest, if you play on Maniacs and it's precisely due to how the specials function.

In a normal beat em up, hell even in Fight N Rage, you're conditioned to only use specials once every 5 seconds or whenever you need to get out of a quick jam. In SOR4, at least on maniacs, you're supposed to just spam the hell out of the specials, but then try to regain as much health as you can through normals which is fairly easy to do on Maniac. It's just that, you'll usually die in one hit if you screw up.

I think this is another Street Fighter 2 situation where the combat mechanics are a happy accident. (like SF2's combo glitches)
The devs were trying to go for 'SLOW & METHODICAL' or "MUH TACTICAL" but in reality SOR4 is the fastest SOR, and one of the fastest beat em ups. The combat feels very liberating because you're not restricted by a rigid ruleset.
Normally that'd be a bad thing, since games without steady rules tend to have no balancing at all.
SOR4 is balanced in the sense that you'll die in one hit after spamming specials.

Fight N Rage's combat is far more immaculate, as in everything works as intended. I find myself far more addicted to SOR4 though, just due to the pure thrill-ride of how SOR4's combo system works.
A great place to train combos is the China town stage. The first part of the level are just an onslaught of Galsia, Donovan & Dylan. As Blaze, start off with jump kickin them, do it several more times until you have a big enough crowd then follow it up with a blitz, do a defensive special after the blitz. You could then continue with a normal combo, an offensive special or try to go for a jump attack + jump special. That normally doesn't connect though.

I just go for the normal combo & do another defensive then a heavy hit or offensive special. It doesn't matter which, you just need a move that makes them bounce off of invisible walls.
By this time, Donovan will jump in with a katana. He'll usually be kicked in the face by a defensive special though.

Then you want to turn left and either move out of the way or go for a jump kick when the Dylans come out. If you connect, you follow it up with a jumping special, preferably two since that's enough to make them hit an invisible wall.
Just freestyle as you go along, you're eventually going to get hit & lose nearly all of your life, unless you've killed everybody.

For greater crowd control, use Blaze's offensive special on the crowd that your not comboing since it just blasts them across the entire screen.
She's the only one from the default 4 that I know how to rush down with.
I mainly use Max and he's a beast too, you mostly just slide & tackle everyone, his slide acts like katamari Damacy in that you'll just grab a big crowd with his blitz, and you'll combo them to hell once the slide has pushed them all into a corner. The tackle rams them back into the corner. The defensive special is to keep them trapped in the corner.

I tried going back to the original SOR trilogy, but it actually feels way too slow for me now. Even SOR3, lol.
BTW that Julay dude who's a member at this forum, he posts a lot at the Steam SOR forums. I prob dissed him a few times though, lol. I saw cats dissing me even at 4chan. They'd just mention my posts or refer to my arguments for why SOR4 sucks, prob coz I'm one of the few who had a decent argument. Too bad, I'm now fucking addicted to it. I'm def getting the physical version. I can't wait for a complete version so I could muh girls Mona & Lisa back. There's a shit ton of cut content.

I thought SOR4 was going to be shit, coz I'm too used to Wayforward type of projects, where the music & gfx are good, but the gameplay is completely mediocre.
SOR4 feels like just a too-safe SOR2 wannabe at first until you actually try to fool around with the combo system.
It gets it's beat em up logic reversed, you're using specials as your main attacks & your normals as a supplement that refills your life bar.

Watch some of Justin Wong's SOR4 combo vids. His ugly fatass has been hyping the fuck out of SOR4.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

New jack Swing bitches!

Yeah yeah, What what, Yeah Bitch Shake the Butt, Shake dat Butt. TO the beat y'all

Ima keep the groovin mothafucka

To that Spring Yard Zone. Ta La Da Da Dah Dah, Movin on up Movin on Up

That ish is just CHILL.

PARLIAMENT UP IN THIS BITCH! Now that's how you boogie. No console games get me as hype as Genesis games.
Coz Genesis games were basically Arcade games. Even their rpgs were badass.

That's a Gangsta Rap beat, if I ever head one. LOL!

THIS IS THE TRUE ESSENCE OF SOUL RIGHT HERE![

Shit this must be muh theme, SPanish Japanese. kek

It really pisses me off how it's a common belief these days, that Sega Genesis were only a contender, simply coz it was the only other 16bit console at the time. Which isn't even true. The TurboGrafX 16 was around, as was consoles such as the Neo Geo. Those are just the ones that had some marketshare. There were plenty of systems out during that era such as systems from Bandai, Apple computers, CDi etc., that lasted nowhere near as long as Sega & Nintendo did.

Genesis came out during the 80s and on top of that, the 16bit generation had plenty of contenders but they all died in less than a year. Like the Jaguar & 3do which were more advanced than 16bit. Genesis stayed steady coz it appealed to a lot of American subcultures from that era, and assumes across the whole world (except Japan.) considering that Genesis is still doing Big League in Brazil.

This is why I always be a Sega-mang, no matter what. Nintendo, Sony & especially not Microsoft have ever had this much soul.

BTW, buy motherfucking Streets of Rage 4 on Switch. I'm playing that game online, every day on every mode. Except Arcade. I ain't got time for that. Sure, I'll game all day long, but I don't want to stay in the same online session with the same douche for 3 fucking hours. Fuck that shit.

Wong busting out them combos mang.

Wong busting his load up Paige's fat ass mang.

Nah Seriously, Xavier Woods already done did that.

I wish I had a Wong to aid me in Boss Rush.

I always get these scrubby Shivas who die to Diva's wake up attack, a minute into the fucking match!
I swwear how much does this boi weigh? Wong is so fawking fatt!
I'm guessing he's like 5'6 or 5'5 since Paige seems taller and she's like 5'7 or 5'8. He's prob around 200 pounds of Marshmallow man physique. He's be heavier, if he weren't short.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

SHIIIAAT, now that's muh JAM!

i just fucking hate music from today's games. Shit ain't got no soul. DEY AIN'T GOT NO SOUL! Streets of Rage 4 has soul, but does that even count? It's basically an indie game that was officially licensed coz modern Sega doesn't know how to make games anymore.

What are some Sega games yoou've been hooked on that hardly anyone talks about? We all know bout Sonic, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe & Shinobi, but cats act like those are the only games worth talking about.

Recently, I've been playing the shit out of Outrunners off of Soopa Retrocade, the Genesis version.

Too bad none of the youtube vids picked Badboy on the Genesis.
So here's the arcade playthrough of Badboy, muh fave car with the sexiest drivers (Latina Blonde & Brunette cowgirls), LOL!

I actually like that Outrunners wasted one of its buttons on a radio function coz every song kicks ass. Sounds like 80s Latin Salsa Pop.
I like how it also had win & losing animations just like the Road Rash series. Outrun 2019 is also a pretty good game, but I'm not into futuristic racers with their exaggerated ass 600+ mile speeds, but it doesn't even feel half as fast as Outrun or Outrunners coz the actual courses are just generic straight lines, with barely any obstacles in between.

Fucking damn the music is so good. I'm not going to bother with Magical Sound Shower or the Space Harrier remix since all of those songs are iconic legendary Outrun tracks that most people know.
Here's a song that I haven't heard outside of Outrunners.

Blow Your Cool. I like how it sounds tense, but so chill at the same time.
That's how you have to be if you want to git gud at Outrun. You have to play aggressively, but keep calm at all times since a single mistake could mess up your entire run.

Dats sum Yuzo Koshiro sounding shit.

Dem Bossa nova vibes. THis is why I love 90s SEGA! Their OSTS were blazing.

The Arcade version sounds like an 80s era Breakbeat.

I prefer the Genesis version though, coz it sounds way more latin.

Did the SNES even have racers of this caliber? Mario Kart isn't much of a racer and its levels felt flat due to the mode 7 effects. F-zero is fast but I just never got into the F Zero games.
They just bore the fuck out of me for some reason.

I find that the entire Outrun series is damn gud except for Turbo. Turbo Outrun is trash coz the gameplay revolves around the stupid turbo button, instead of actually driving well.
Turbo Outrun also had shit music and the level designs were so boring. Outrun isn't Outrun without the Tropical atmosphere.

Here's a much more complete version of the best track from SOR4. It sounds like a modern day rendition of Outrunner's ost.

SEGA rocking them Orgasmic beats!

I meant that literally.

I've been playing Bodycount, it's as good as the Genesis version of Terminator 2.

I mostly like how badass a lot of Genesis games come off, which is partly due to how ghetto or trash the music & sound fx come off.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Lol. They are trying to replace Segata Sanshiro with some soyboy.
Girl 1: “Sega Shiro, is that a Switch?”

Sega Shiro: “It’s Sega!" (Game Gear – released in 1990)

Girl 2: “Are those sunglasses?”

Sega Shiro: “It’s Sega!" (Sega 3-D Glasses – released in 1987)

Girl 3: “Is that a backpack?”

Sega Shiro: “It’s Sega!" (Sega Saturn – released in 1994)

Girl 4: “What is it that you’re always wearing?”

(Enter flashback)

Segata Sanshiro: “Sega Shiro!”

Sega Shiro: “Father…”

Segata Sanshiro: “Bring it! Stronger! Master your Sega!”

Sega Shiro: “Sega! Sega! Sega! Sega!”

Segata Sanshiro: “See you.”

Segata Sanshiro blows up on rocket, leaving only his gi.

(Exit flashback)

Sega Shiro: “FATHER!!!”

Girl 4: “Look over there!”

???: “Sega is so outdated!”

Sega Shiro: "Who's that?!"

Sega Hatan Shiro: “Go bankrupt! Go bankrupt! Go bankrupt, Sega!!!”
(
Sega Hatan Shiro (セガハタンシロー) is a play on “Sega Saturn” (セガサターン) and “Hatan” (ハタン), which means “Bankruptcy” in Japan.)

Sega Shiro: “Father, I will protect Sega!”
Sega really needs to bring its SEGA CD, Saturn and Dreamcast libraries to modern console

The best versions of Shin Megami Tensei 1 and Final Fighter are still on the SegaCD

Lol, I'm sure that is Kaneko at 1:40