Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

Iwazaru
qishmish

Survive the HORROR: General thread

Post by Iwazaru »

All things horror goes here, within realm of vidyagaemz.

And i'll start thread with that news of Toyama finally leaving Sony to have his own company. He brought some key people from Team Siren together with him. So, hopefully he ll do nice things (preferrably better than what Swery does in his new white owls brand now lol).

wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
melonbread
Spiral Smile

Re: Survive the HORROR: General thread

Post by melonbread »

".ᴎoiꙅivɘ|ɘƚ ᴎɒʜƚ ᴎuᎸ ɘɿom ɘɿɒ ꙅɿoɿɿim"
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Peret Em Heru a scary ass game set in Egypt.

Although it loses a lot of its fear by the time you learn what's going on.
The music though, it sounds like some crazy ass Splatterhouse shit.

There's a sale. You can buy the complete version of Sinking City for only $17.
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/t ... ty-switch/
EDIT: You're better off just buying the basic version for $13. The DLC are just some lame fetch quests.

I talk a lot of shit about how disappointed I am with their interpretation of Lovecraft, but it's honestly not any worse than any current gaming depiction of Lovecraft lore. Really, only Bloodborne gets it right & BB doesn't even directly reference Lovecraft. BB just uses metaphors such as Blood of the beast, which actually refers to degeneration due to miscegenation in the Lovecraft mythos.
Sinking Shitty looks better than Deadly Premonition 2 at least. DP2's frame rate alone has me running away from that piece of shit.

I'm thinking about it (Sinking City looks like one of those shitty games that are boring as hell to replay.), but I was planning to get me Castlevania Anniversary & Curse of the Moon 1 & 2, or MMX Legacy 2, Capcom Beat em ups or Street Fighter Anniversary. Yeah sure, you can emulate most of that, but I like having old ass games available on muh switch.

I had a black out for the past few days coz WA state has shitty ass power grids that always fucking explode with the slightest wind, but I could still play on the Switch so long as I have some battery charge left.
This is the most fucking fragile country ever though. What's the point of paying over 10% taxes when the roads suck, and the power grids suck? I'm damn certain that King County's governor is just wasting our tax dollars on tranny prostitutes, or chomo-friendly whores. They sure as hell ain't spending the money on the fucking community!

When I was in Japan, power never went out unless it were an Earthquake. Power still ran strong even with typhoons at 100 mph. In Amurka or at WA state, the power grids fucking explode with minor 30 mph winds, lol. At this poiint, I'm thinking that everything sucks in the USA, on purpose. Just so that government motherfuckers can find an excuse to have more jobs for themselves due to problems they created, and tax something new.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

melonbread wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:31 pm snip
Haa, Illbleed! I think i found out about it actually on our old forums.
Peret Em Heru a scary ass game set in Egypt.
And i still continue learning about obscurities from Jack even today. Never heard of this one.
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
HOUSELANDER
Spiral Smile

Post by HOUSELANDER »

?
Last edited by HOUSELANDER on Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

HOUSELANDER wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:29 am
I watched some playthrough for a bit.the combat against some random small creature is a bit boring.the gameplay focus a bit more on investigating.
That's exactly why I didn't buy it. The fighting looked terrible. I just got me Bot Vice & preordered Cyber Shadow.
i like the story so far they seems to explained the miscegenation that happen to one of the character with an ape face that his ancestor married to one of the special family and blessed him with that lineage.
See this is exactly what I'm talking about. Blessed? Wtf? Reread Dunwich Horror (Although that was actually incest, lol), they didn't view genetic mutations as a blessing. Rather, the people in Lovecrat's novellas didn't even notice that they were genetically different from the norm. That was the horror. They portrayed mutations as normal. (Not unlike how in the USA, you're now legally forced to hire Female-to-Male trannies in female sports teams, or you will be breaking the law, AYY LMAO!)
That's an example of abnormality, as the new normal, the horror that Lovecraft was referring to, abnormalities being normalized by a seemingly civilized society.
I'm mixed raced, so I'm actually greatly offended by Lovecraft's retarded bullshit, but I also understand what he was referring to, coz when I look at modern USA. I see nothing but a bunch of culture-less retards who exist for nothing but likes, retweets & the latest consooomer product.

These Westerners are doing nothing but rape the shit out of Lovecraft. (I think even Lovecraft himself would be amused that it seems to be only Japanese creators who understood what his horror is.)
I even saw a convo in Sinking City where the main character white knights about Islam, when during his era, he'd be talking about the Middle East as though they were savage beasts. (Not that I think that. I'm actually laughing that Anglos & Nords rip off the MIddle East so much and then pretend they made it, like Christianity.)

I elaborated more as to why Sinking Shitty and its ilk gets Lovecraft so wrong at those threads.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35&p=1090&hilit=sinking+city#p1090
I think Western Lovecraft inspired games such as Call of Cthulhu & The Sinking City, all completely miss the mark on what Lovecraft is about, since fucking nothing happens in those games and the ending is just Cthulhu waking up, and society destroying itself right after. That's what I'm disgusted with. They portray Fish-people in these games, simply coz that's what was described in Lovecraft's short stories. They don't ever go into why they look like that, you're just expected to roll with it, coz "it's weird mang!"

What most of these Western Lovecraft games don't fucking do, is emulate the horror of how unusual they appear when contrasted with a seemingly otherwise normal looking town. The plot twist is supposed to be that the main character is the outsider, the weird one who is trying to comprehend foreign culture through his own cultural-perspective.

A real Lovecraft inspired work would instead portray a city that appears normal at first, but then strips away layers & layers of normality until it eventually reveals, the town itself, to be a monster. That's exactly what Bloodborne did, it's what the Siren games do, it's what Silent Hill used to do, it's what even motherfucking Resident Evil 4 did.
_____

This is why I'm so fucking disgusted by videogame writing for the most part. It's all so surface-level to the point that One Piece, a piece of fiction meant for 9th graders has far more depth & complexity than every single video game.
Speaking of One Piece, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR NICO ROBIN!
https://onepiecewt100.com/en/
She actually has a chance of winning this. Every other day she shows up as the No. 1 or No.2 character in Oceania, USA, Middle East & Latin America.
I've been voting for her every day since the voting started, even when I thought it was pointless coz it seemed like a sure bet that Sanji, Law, Luffy & Zoro would be the top 3.
Now it seems like there's a good chance for Shanks or Nico Robin to break the top 3. I don't they will but top 5 seems doable. Robin dominated the voting on day 1, but the monster trio has been on top for following weeks.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=35&p=1027&hilit=sinking+city#p1027
It still makes me laugh that RE4 is extremely hated on the internet now when RE4's village area had some of the best horror that the series has ever had. It was clearly inspired by HP Lovecraft, but the posers at Reddit & other such places, have never bothered to actually read Lovecraft so they're unable to identify the tone & isolation that he often wrote about, which was captured very well in RE4.

Bloodborne did it better, but that's because Bloodborne started off with a civilization that eventually descended into complete chaos & anarchy. This shows that FromSoft knows their shit, coz that's exactly what Lovecraft feared most. It pisses me the fuck off how damn near every Lovecraft game like Call of Cthulhu & Sinking City all end with CTHULHU RISING AND THEN IT CUTS OFF TO A BLACK SCREEN AS HUMANITY RANDOMLY GOES CRAZY & KILLING EACH OTHER! It pisses me the fuck off coz that wasn't the fucking point of HP Lovecraft's tales at all. Boy would Lovecraft be so fucking mad that one of the only people who understands & reveres his work, happens to be a mixed-race Jap guy, AYY LMAO!

When people "go mad" from seeing Cthulhu, that's actually meant to be a metaphor of being overcome with paranoia when faced with the unknown. The unknown could be anything. Fuck you could even fear Algebra if you have no fucking idea what it is and it was as alien to you as a giant fucking squid. Most of these White motherfuckers who make their alleged Lovecraft-inspired games don't fucking understand that, and it pisses me off. How Japs understand Lovecraft more than Lovecraft's own people do? LOL!

RE4 was the reverse of Bloodborne, where RE4 starts out with an already dead town taken over by a cult, but RE4 eventually ends with Leon & Friends gaining help from USA federal agents, AKA advanced civilization.
The main message that a lot of people don't seem to understand about Lovecraft, is that Lovecraft thinks that the true horror as he see it, is a humanity without culture. That's why a lot of his tales demonize mongrels and the like. He viewed it as the degradation of his culture. Amusingly, the author of the Conan series, Robert Howard had the exact opposite opinion. (and one that I share, & is the reason I like Conan.).
Robert Howard believed that it's actually Civilization that holds back mans' true potential due to how every High Cultured Civilization eventually degrades due to mass bureaucratic nonsense which is often governed by weak men.

Granted, Robert Howard was a manly masculine men and Lovecraft was an autistic faggot so it's not surprising to see that they had such wildly different interpretations of humanity. Robert Howard believed in survivalism as the true mark of man and it is reflected through the Conan novels.

I know BB using a metaphors,but the way i interprated the BB stories is hillarious,i straight up think the woman of the old yarhnam just intercourse with the alien,resulting the new generation of yarhnam is blessed with the generation that can transform into a beast.
The mating with the alien is what caused the city to degenerate. Barely anyone that you meet in the game, is a human. They're hybrids, it's why they eventually try to kill you by the end of the game. Either that or the prostitute gives birth to some alien baby thing, that she's disgusted with and then you're forced to kill her coz I don't think you can proceed to the end of the game without robbing her dead body during the route where you see her give birth to some Berserk demon rape baby.

It's only a metaphor coz pozzed ZOG USA would throw a bitch-fit if you had replaced alien with Asian or Black, and then showed the same exact series of events, when even back during early 20th century, Western societies weren't that different from how Bloodborne is portrayed. The 'other' is demonized, coz it is a sign of infiltration (which in the case of BB, is true.) by foreign entities. Pre-Soy society, nearly every society in the world had more of a survivalist outlook on life, so communities were mostly confined to biologically-related family units, rather than insectoid style hives, which is what modern day Western cities are.

Modern society still has the same exact dangers, but people are numb to it, coz their entire world consists of nothing but monoliths, aka monitor screens, tv screens, phone screen, pc screen, etc.
The USA itself is like a real life depiction of Bloodborne's city, in the sense that it's a country that's been completely taken over by foreign actors, or outsiders.
China plans to buy out EA Games
https://www.tweaktown.com/news/77498/re ... s/amp.html
You would never see a foreign corporate takeover like that ever happening in Japan.
In the USA? This is par the course.
The USA is just a geographical auction where they sell the USA's economic influence to the highest multinational conglomerate bidders. The people of the USA exist as just a tree that policy makers leech labor off of, only to reward the people with massive debt while rewarding themselves with multiple digital zeros which represent their wealth gain.

It's a country not of the people, but of labor to pay off debts to repay back imaginary numbers that represent the wealth gain. The madness, is not everyone sees this. They continue to feed, satiate & love the beast, that only wishes to eat them for every thing they own.

Bloodborne doesn't have a story, but the madness portrayed as normalcy depicts a similar struggle.
In Bloodborne, you'll start the game in a fictionalized world, a world that you think is real.
It's not until you make it to the church, where you start to see floating alien hands trying to kill you for no reason.
You later find out through the gameplay that the entire village is a fiction. It's actually a slaughterhouse and everyone inside that village (who isn't protected by the church) is just a walking meal for them.
This is similar to the USA, how we have millions of clueless ass tax payers who voted to have their representatives steal their homes, money & give away their jobs.
The avg tax payer doesn't understand why this happens. They don't get that they have consented to a contract, which allows the demon to possess what you own.

The hard part is that the avg American refuses to, or possibly can't perceive that they are living inside of a slaughter house, which only values them for their labor. You're not actually making a difference with that labor though, coz the digital zeros keep increasing the national debt to the point it makes no difference.

The church in Bloodborne are merely those who didn't get swallowed up by the system yet. Either through pure luck, or actually being able to see Bloodborne's reality for what it is. A society that's completely run by giant beasts.
Our real world equivalent would be the Corporation-Crony Establishment.

Bloodborne doesn't have a plot, but if you look at BB from the perspective of Blood of the Beast, being representative of cultural decay,

(Since the entire setting of BB actually does go to shit after accepting the Blood.) the rest of what I speculate does fall into place because Bloodborne's setting is portraying a civilization that only exists to satiate the beast the controls it.
Beast can be metaphorical, in BB it's both literal & metaphor. The metaphor itself can easily be used to describe the USA, AYY LMAO!
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
HOUSELANDER
Spiral Smile

Post by HOUSELANDER »

?
Last edited by HOUSELANDER on Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

What's with the quadrouple posting? MODS! LOL!
the gameplay is truly dissapointing,i thought it would be another Resident 4 style of combat.but nope i feel like the combat with a Beast is just there to make sure the Player not fall to sleep.almost no boss fight at all & when it does its too short to the point one of my favourite youtuber start saying "more fights like this please" .
Resident evil Village looks like shit and its multiplayer looks evern worse.

It looks like the Racoon City game. It seems that capcom forgot how to make RE4-RE6 style combat. It's why I'm planning to get Re6 for Switch, tomorrow coz I really miss how fucking crazy & skill-based that game's gunplay was. RE4-6 had advanced & complex Arcade mechanics but with modern-day gfx.

Even Fluffy is ranting on about how no on makes games like that any more, not even Mikami coz his Evil Within games were both meh.
It's annoying that Capcom threw away such a solid combat system in favor of catering to a bunch of internet nerds.

The sales figures speak for itself though.
https://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/fin ... llion.html
They may not sell as well as RE5 & 6 did, but they most likely make more profit with the latest RE games, since modern RE games have really low budgets when compared to RE5 & 6. I really don't understand why they can't port the remakes to Switch, the gfx from the remakes aren't even that good, lol. I wouldn't buy them on Switch anyway since the gunplay is shit.
maybe thats why modern lovecraftian like movie only focus on cosmic horror like color out of space movie,and other movie i forgot its name its about woman can't describe what she saw.only The Void the horror movie that involved mysterius cult.
The Void was fucking great. That's like the last decent horror movie I ever saw which was Lovecraftian as fuck. I can't get into modern 2010/2020 Horror movies (horror used to be my fave genre.), coz Modern Horror movies all revolve around White people, and how White people are scary or something.(Especially the entire Netflix horror library. I miss the days when Netflix actually had Hellraiser 1 & 2 & even The Void.)
It just reeks of a non-white inferiority complex. I don't give a shit about Whites at all, to the point that I don't fear them. Yet in modern American horror movies, the main bad guys are always White people, and it's just normal every day White people from a Blonde haired chick to the very average brown haired anglo man, but you're supposed to fear them coz they're racist or something, AYY LMAO.

I'm like so? Ever been to the non-white world? Blacks are insanely racist against anyone who's not Black. Asians are the most racist, because they actually hate other Asians more than any other race, but they tend to hate everyone equally.(except rival Asian races, they hate them more than usual, lol.) Racism is normal, it's a natural survival instinct.

If anything, Whites are the least racist, and actually the most docile & passive people in the world. You can reap abuse on Whites so much, that you know what a White person does in retaliation to your disrespect? They bend over, and turn another cheek. "Violence begets violence! Violence is never the answer!"
That's just so ironic to me when I hear White people say those retarded axioms, especially Americans, coz the USA was born through violence. They killed the British, and fought off the Queen's men to form the USA.

I'm Asian, so I think like an Asian person. Violence is completely justified when fighting off evil. Evil AKA Ignorance that's perpetuated through the state. There's nothing more evil than a modern day American,the most ignorant AKA evil of them all.
White people fucking disgust me, coz they're such weak, pussified assholes, who in turn make the world even worse coz they refuse to fight back against those who aggress them.

HOUSELANDER wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:44 am
Jack wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:20 pm

[That's exactly why I didn't buy it. The fighting looked terrible. I just got me Bot Vice & preordered Cyber Shadow.
i finished it.you're right on the money that the ending is just a big bad Ctulhu wake up and the screen goes black,though this one is not Cthulhu but some creature named Daughter or Ctyhgonaar or something.i've seen three ending and all of them dissapointing,it focused on the protagonist saving the world by sacrifying himself stopping cosmic creature from waking up at least for century or something & a new chosen one arrive on the city , or being alive and break the tradition by stop the cosmic creature from waking up forever only to find out a few years later the other city start sinking so his job is not done.what happen to others in the game? they building up a few faction in this game. the goverment,police lead by the governor half human half gorilla,(speaking of him his father is actually normal human who goes to africa and mating with gorilla and then comeback bringing a baby half human half gorilla.)investigating the flood that keeps rising & hating the Migrants Innsmouthers the fish faced people who comes to his town because their town is destroyed.the KKK clan that hunting & killing the Innsmouthers.

i've seen some people saying these game trying to critique the Lovecraft's racism which is i think its true,because the fish faced residents say the same thing that the governor with Ape face saying, "we innsmouthers are blessed by the sea" and mad at the Protagnist for asking why he look like that.i think i know why western fans can't get the Lovecraft story right like you wanted it to be
It's not about me. It's just when I'm told that a product is based off of or inspired by a work, I expect them to be as accurate to that piece of work as possible. (Ironically I have that same exact issue with Cyber Shadow, it's supposed to be in the style of Ninja Gaiden but it's actually more of a Megaman X Battletoads type of game, rather than a Ninja Gaiden.)
The true horror of Lovecraft is that he feared insanity, becoming the norm. For his era, that insanity was race mixing. In your culture, normalized-insanity would be anything that's considered as degenerate among the Muslim culture, so pretty much anything that's American, LOL!
EDIT: In fact, about the only page I saw that actually noticed the normalization of tranny-insanity absurdity is a website by Islamist activists.
https://www.ihrc.org.uk/publications/th ... -children/
You have to use Startpage.com just to find any decent search results on that subject coz the normal internet just leads you to typical American propaganda bullshit, where they try to gas light you into believing that gays & trannys are 98% of the population. Trannies already have a decent-sized presence in Asia, but they ain't treated like rockstars or lepers. They're just people. USA disgust me coz they fucking worship them!

I'm not even sure what that insanity would be in today's America since even trannies are running around rampant in the USA military, even on the fucking military bases. It makes no sense coz it's against military regulations to have hair that extends pass your eyebrows yet trannies get to break the rules willy nilly, and they even walk around in high heels. Female military staff don't even get to get away with half of the crap that Male to female trannies do.

Female staff are forced to wear their hair in an ugly bun, they wear standard issue combat boots, and expected to be fairly androgynous in appearance due to the uniforms. For some reason though, the trannies don't wear uniforms and dress up like 6'5 women in a dress & high heels. My mom was tlaking about this yesterday, and I doubt she'd exaggerate about the many trannies she's seeing in Marine bases now, ever since Biden took office.
She's in her 70s and even she thought I was exaggerating about how normalize the tranny insanity is in the USA. She always assumed that it would never infect the rank in file military, especially the marines.
Who once upon a time where the most respected & feared military force in the world but in today's USA, I'd expect the Chinese infantry to make mince meat out of the American tranny marines.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-arm ... -outburst/
I see a lot of lies about what the DOD & the military believes.
https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/ne ... n-military

https://www.cpr.org/2020/05/12/more-tha ... udy-finds/
LOL, actual biological women aren't even allowed to have that hairstyle in the US military, but if you're a tranny, it's a-ok! Biological women are expected to keep their hair out of their face at all times. Even my mom told me that she thinks these new Tranny-Military men are scary as hell. It's like a real life Horror movie, how the insane serial killers would always wear the lingerie & womens' clothes of the girls that they murdered. Those dudes are normalized in the USA military now, LOL!

It's funny when you think about it, coz it just makes it easier for Chinese, Russian military & Militant-Radicalized Islam (America is so degenerate though, that they deserve to be hated on by the entire world.) to kill off & destroy USA troops coz these imbeciles do not look fighting-ready at all. Females in the military aren't allowed to do anything feminine the same way that Male to female trannies are, lol.

https://www.defense.gov/Explore/News/Ar ... der-perso/
This is all bullshit, and not the norm at all. Fuck what the internet be claiming. My pops is DOD, he's never heard about this shit ever.

This is why I don't use the internet much outside of video games & porn. (And even then, modern porn is extremely disgusting coz they keep forcing tranny bullshit on to you. This is why I stick to foreign Latina & Japanese stuff. American shit is too fucking weird for me.)
i've seen some people saying these game trying to critique the Lovecraft's racism which is i think its true,because the fish faced residents say the same thing that the governor with Ape face saying, "we innsmouthers are blessed by the sea" and mad at the Protagnist for asking why he look like that.i think i know why western fans can't get the Lovecraft story right like you wanted it to be,i remember lurking on the twitter said they like Lovecraft for the Cosmic horror & hate the racism.
It's as though those retards don't understand how Cosmic horror was birthed, it came from the unknown. During Lovecraft's time the unknown was interracial relationships. If Westerners weren't so fucking retarded, and or "actual racists", they would understand that in most of the non-white world, mixed-race relationships are still labeled as disgusting & backwards. Are they wrong? I don't think so when you look at what Modern USA looks like, it's a fucking 3rd world dump. I'm mixed raced, but I actually only look like one race. (and both or my parents look Asian.) I either look Spanish or Japanese depending on who you ask. When most people vilify inter-race, they're disgusted at the offspring who legit look like goblins, which is what the USA's populace looks like to me. Hence the Ameri-mutt meme, which looks like some indescribable brown blob.
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/amerimutt-le-56-face
That is how most Americans look like to me, they have zero culture, zero traditions, zero reverence for those who came before them. I'm fucking disgusted by what an average American is, due to my strong ties to Asian culture & Asian upbringing.

I'm saying a lot of shit in this post that would get me banned or cancelled outside of this forum. Fuck it though. I'm saying exactly what most of us Asians (As in Asians culturally raised in Asia, not goblinized-Amurka) are thinking when we look at the garbage dump of society known as America.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

I feel you when you miss the ruleset of RE4 to 6. RE6 in particular is the best third person shooter ever made, which just so happens to have four campaigns that don't make the most out of its mechanics if you're only playing single player. (They also have awful QTEs. However, whenever they actually let you play the game, I love RE6)

However, I did enjoy RE7 and I will probably enjoy RE8 as well. I liked RE7 in the same way I liked the original Resident Evil games, a larger version of a room escape / puzzle game (zero escape or something) with some very basic combat that served the basic purpose of having you manage resources.
I never thought OG resident evil was scary, but I really enjoyed the speedrunning aspect of memorizing the whole puzzle. I am a fag, who plays puzzle games all the time to relax.

The reason why I couldn't stand the two recent REmakes is that while the gunplay in OG RE and in RE7 is extremely simplistic, that's by design because it's not meant to be the core gameplay at all. The challenge is not in properly using the gunplay mechanics, it's in memorizing the layout of the puzzle room so that you use the least possible amount of healing items, saves & ammo. (The older games and RE7 would actually reward you with better scores & unlockables for speedrunning through the game, while using the least amount of items possible.)
REmake 2 and 3 seem to be based on Revelations 2 where the purpose of the gunplay is actually to slow the game down until you fall asleep, dreaming of how brave and mature you are for playing such a terrifying game, LOL! Years ago I could finish RE2 in 45 minutes with no saves, in RE2make it took me 45 minutes just to slowly wait until my sights arbitrarily decided that my bullets could do damage. (RE2make's four campaigns are also more or less the same exact game four times, to the point where I have no clue why they bothered.)

I probably wouldn't have liked RE7 as much if other action/horror games came out around the same time but they really didn't. Every horror game at the time was a hide and seek simulator, where 90% of the "gameplay" consisted in sitting in a corner, waiting for the scary thing to pass by, or running into it on purpose so you could scream into your camera to get a reaction from 4 year olds browsing youtube. RE7 always gave you the option to shoot your way through every encounter, even stalkers, if you were efficient enough with your ammo & scavenging.
I also liked the fact that it went as bonkers as previous games, with chainsaw duels and corporate espionage and shit like that. I enjoy resident evil being fucking retarded, as it always was (as opposed to the fanbase that somehow believes that RE1-3 were high art narratives LOL.)

It's a similar situation with ASStral Chain, which I would have rated maybe a 6.5, 7/10 as a 3d action game if it came out during the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era, but it's a straight up 8 or 9/10 for me today because there's simply nothing coming out. (It also helps that the game features big tight butts in spats.)
Its only competitor was DMC5, and I guess Nioh and Kingdom Hearts 3 if you count action RPGs as well. There's simply nothing coming out.

I have similar thoughts about the evil within games which I agree, their ruleset is nowhere near as fun and immediate and rewarding as RE4-6. However, I still kind of like them and have a soft spot for them (1 moreso than 2) because they at least let me play the fucking game, instead of selling me a social signifier for 60 bucks.

Resident Evil games are for some reason extremely cheap on PC (I got both RE7 and REmake2 for 30 bucks on release day) so I'll be picking up RE8, because it just looks like a beefier, more complex RE7 with a weapon upgrade system similar to RE4 and a bigger puzzlebox to figure out & memorize. However, for the life of me I cannot understand why they'd use the gunplay mechanics from the two remakes when developing an online multiplayer game. It was a golden chance to make everyone happy, and just build an expansive mercenaries/versus/coop side game with all fan favourite characters, that actually made use of the arcadish gameplay mechanics from RE6.
Instead, they actually made the multiplayer mode as slow as the remakes, lol! They learned nothing from the R3make online mode dying within a few months
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

I played RE6 Switch MERCS No Mercy for 3 hours so far, & I still haven't bothered with the campaign yet. I'll need to, just to unlock Ada.
RE6 in particular is the best third person shooter ever made
I would contest that coz RE6 feels too clunky to be considered the best, but I honestly can't find a better example of a complex gunplay system. RE6 actually has Just Guard style Fighting game parries.

On one hand, I can understand why a lot of people don't like RE6. The default controls fucking suck, and the aim sensitivity is too fucking slow. (Even sensitivity turned all the way up to 10 feels slow, but it's the only playable option imo.) I can't even run with L3, without pressing down hard when every other shooter only expects me to lightly tap. This is why I just hold down the secondary run button instead. On top of that, RE6 has the worst cover shooting ever. Which is probably why so many people shit on RE6 hard. (Automatic Cover shooting is gay in every game though lol.)
RE6 is the closest you'll ever see to a 3d Contra or Turrican (I just bought Turrican Flashback and I played the Amiga games for the first time. Holy shit Turrican 2 is f'ng good. Mega Turrican is like the 2nd best Genesis run n gun after Contra Hard Corps. GunLord X feels like the True sequel
to Turrican 2 that Turrican never got coz every game after Turrican 2 was an Arcade style run n gun.)

What makes RE6 so deep though, is yet again, as with most games no matter the genre, it's the movement.
I can't think of any other shooter that allows me to precisely control how I want to dive. You can even instantly duck under an attack with a precise well-timed button press, then you can lunge out of the way, or do a full blown roll, or lunge backwards, or a roll into a slide.

RE6's ai is actually pretty decent. I tried doing a flying jump kick into a zombie, but he actually just dodged back, so I whiffed him lol.

I like how RE6's movement & gunplay is so subtle, you can roll behind an opponent, then reposition with an auto-aim attack and keep on shooting or melee. Max Payne 3 may have smoother controls but your options are limited. You can only lunge, go to cover or stay in prone. In RE6, you can lunge, go to cover, stay in prone, crawl & shoot while prone, duck, duck & shoot, duck & shoot then autoshot, plus shoot or melee., Duck & shoot then dive & shoot or melee, duck & shoot then dive & roll then shoot or melee, duck & shoot then lunge backward & shoot, duck & shoot then lunge backward while shooting & then land in prone.
While prone you can keep on shooting, crawl backward while shooting, crawl forward while shooting, roll to the side.

There's so many ways to utilize the auto-aim quick shot, but I won't get into it coz it's even more robust then the ducking system. (It'd take me the entire post to mention every single way coz every character has a different quickshot mechanic per weapon. Leon does GunKata combos with his quick shot. Helena zones in to point blank range with a 3-shot combo with her sawed-off shotgun.)

Most people don't even fucking know that you can duck in Re6!

It's kinda like how most people don't fucking understand the special art system in Xenoblade 2. "Hurr durr only 4 moves, when you actually get 8 per Blade, but 4 of the moves are charged up fighting game style super moves, LOL! On top of that, you're meant to switch between blades while the previous one is charging, so you're juggling around & managing 24 moves per Driver.)
RE6 kinda reminds me of Xenoblade 2, in that both games obviously have superior combat but the majority of its respective fanbases are so fucking retarded that it's near impossible to try to explain to, or even show to them how to properly combat in these games coz half of the gamer userbase only play games for the story, so they automatically drop any game that has a plot that they hated.

RE6 is actually why I'm finally dropping XB2 though. RE6's MERCS No Mercy (Don't even bother with the original Mercs, it sucks & too easy.) is more fun than XB2's Challenge Mode.
I can't handle being a fan of two games that are extremely hated by its franchises' fanbase.
Xed51 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:36 pm
REmake 2 and 3 seem to be based on Revelations 2 where the purpose of the gunplay is actually to slow the game down until you fall asleep, dreaming of how brave and mature you are for playing such a terrifying game, LOL! Years ago I could finish RE2 in 45 minutes with no saves, in RE2make it took me 45 minutes just to slowly wait until my sights arbitrarily decided that my bullets could do damage. (RE2make's four campaigns are also more or less the same exact game four times, to the point where I have no clue why they bothered.)

I also liked the fact that it went as bonkers as previous games, with chainsaw duels and corporate espionage and shit like that. I enjoy resident evil being fucking retarded, as it always was (as opposed to the fanbase that somehow believes that RE1-3 were high art narratives LOL.)
RE Remake story direction is as boring as Walking Dead. Why does Crapcom not realize that nobody watches Walking Derp any more? I heard that the RE Remake team got fired coz they wanted to remain faithful to RE4's gameplay for the RE4 Remake. Capcom is that fucking stupid, they're planning to Walking Derp RE4 too. RE4 is a classic, why are they fucking erasing it?

Oh man, you wanna know my fave complaint about RE6? "WAAAH WHY ARE THEY USING WRESTLING MOVES!"
As if Real Life Spec Ops didn't actually use Grappling moves in real life. Most Military are taught basic aikido, sambo, & judo. Bulldogs will kill you in real life. You fall head first into the concrete.

A lot of the moves that you see wrestlers do, would kill you in a real fight, like the DDT.

That's what really pisses me off, why do we have to play as defenseless idiots when the characters in RE games are special forces operatives? Military men are taught to instantly incapacitate opponents by going full force at vital & weak points, no matter the creature. If you hit a dog full force in the neck, it will die just as easily as a human would.
"OMG THIS IS SO UNREALISTIC! WHY ARE THEY DOING WRESTLING MOVES!!!!"

To the average video game nerd on internet, they be like "NOOOO THAT"S UNREALISTIC COZ I CAN'T DO IT!"
Just like how they cry about Chris Redfield's RE5 & RE6 physique as being unrealistic when he actually has a fairly average muscular physique, especially for a military man (who normally go to the gym everyday. My dad's arms & legs look like tree trunks) lol.

If anything, Leon S Kennedy is the unrealistic one. I'm shorter than Leon by 2 or 3 inches, but I'd still beat the fuck out of Leon coz I out weigh him by 20 pounds, AYY LMAO! Leon is fucking small!
I'm shocked that Helena is only 116 pounds. She's about my height, but she easily looks Leon's size, lol. I legit thought she was 145 to 150 pounds at least, due to her ass lol. She's hot, but Jessica is my bitch.

Rev 1 was actually fun coz it played like Dead Space. Dead Space in turn played like RE4, but with actual strafing while shooting.
It sucks how we'll never get a RE6 style combat game again, coz bitchass nerds on the internet cried about the zombie game being too unrealistic. "Who uses wrestling moves in real life?"

I hate gamer nerds. They're so fucking clueless. Wrestling moves can kill you in real life, morons!
It's a similar situation with ASStral Chain, which I would have rated maybe a 6.5, 7/10 as a 3d action game if it came out during the PS2/Gamecube/Xbox era, but it's a straight up 8 or 9/10 for me today because there's simply nothing coming out. (It also helps that the game features big tight butts in spats.)
Its only competitor was DMC5, and I guess Nioh and Kingdom Hearts 3 if you count action RPGs as well. There's simply nothing coming out.

It's funny coz RE6 is legit the best shooter on Switch, precisely due to how there's nothing else to compare it to. Rogue Company is like really the only other good shooter on the Switch. Rogue Company plays like how Devils Third should've played. It successfully combines melee & shooting in a Team based death match.

It's just that RE6 actually made the melee look pretty to look at whereas in RC, the hit reactions to melee attacks, still function as if they're getting hit by bullets lol. In RC, you can go full blown Rambo First Blood and stealth kill fools by sneaking behind them and cutting them down. It's the most embarrassing way to die.
Resident Evil games are for some reason extremely cheap on PC (I got both RE7 and REmake2 for 30 bucks on release day)
They're always cheap, on every system. Except maybe the Switch. (Still cheap on digital though.)
However, for the life of me I cannot understand why they'd use the gunplay mechanics from the two remakes when developing an online multiplayer game. It was a golden chance to make everyone happy, and just build an expansive mercenaries/versus/coop side game with all fan favourite characters, that actually made use of the arcadish gameplay mechanics from RE6.
Instead, they actually made the multiplayer mode as slow as the remakes, lol! They learned nothing from the R3make online mode dying within a few months
Crapcom listens to internet nerds way too much. I honestly think they'd be making as much money as COD if they just ignored those retards, dropped the shitty horror gameplay and make it into a full blown action game. A lot of people loved RE4-RE6 and they're getting ignored for some reason when RE5 & RE6 used to be their most sold games until Monster Hunter World & RE7 eventually surpassed them. They could always add horror as a side mode, which is exactly what Call of Duty does. COD Zombies is fucking fun. Thinking about it, why the hell hasn't Crapcom ever tried to copy COD zombies yet for its MP? RE6 already tried to copy the awful parts from COD lol. (The single player story campaigns that no COD player ever plays.)
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage