"Inclusivity is an ongoing education for everyone, and nothing is set in stone." - Tim Schafer
Fun fact: God of War is on sale right now, but the SJWs are trying to stop it!

Moderators: WhereGamingDies, Airport51

Iwazaru
qishmish

Good games that you personally don't like

Post by Iwazaru »

We all have plenty of them, don't we? :D

I pretty much disliked Burnout Paradise, though most of my friends love it (but i'd better play previous burnout games for teh fun).

Mount & Blade for me is some clunky ass junk i cant stand long.

Super Metroid never really clicked with me. Or most Castlevanias.
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
melonbread
Spiral Smile

Re: Good games that you personally don't like

Post by melonbread »

Dark Souls, Witcher, Red Dead Redemption

I love gothic horror/fantasy/and spaghetti westerns yet these have never even once seemed interesting to me. Mostly because of gameplay I suppose, but I know they're likely very good.
".ᴎoiꙅivɘ|ɘƚ ᴎɒʜƚ ᴎuᎸ ɘɿom ɘɿɒ ꙅɿoɿɿim"
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

melonbread wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:08 am Dark Souls, Witcher, Red Dead Redemption

I love gothic horror/fantasy/and spaghetti westerns yet these have never even once seemed interesting to me. Mostly because of gameplay I suppose, but I know they're likely very good.
Funny, I agree with your list but I think Qish's is fucking retarded. Hell he thinks that the GBA Gunstar Heroes is better than Gunstar Heroes 1, AYY LMAO!
The games you mentioned though, are games that I would love if I weren't a gamer. So it makes sense not to like them if you're an actual gamer since they feel more like cinematic virtual tourism more than anything.

Dark Souls is a game, but I never understood what was so masterful about it either. I only ever liked the MP, and that's only coz it predated the Battle Royale craze, which is what DS1's pvp sorta played like, especially in the forest level.
Damn near everything that people love about Dark Souls, is also everything that they hate about Zelda 2, lol.
Cryptic story, the dialogue makes no fucking sense. (It's actually not a bad translation, Zelda 2 made no sense in Japanese either, AYY LMAO!) You're never told where to go, Zelda 2 has hard combat, Shit in Zelda 2 you lose all of your progress when you get a game over. You start all the way back at Zelda's slumber.

I'm actually hoping that BOTW 2 pulls off a Zelda 2 or Majora's Mask in terms of making a game so damn obtuse or difficult, that it becomes a cult-niche curiosity within its own franchise.
Mount & Blade for me is some clunky ass junk i cant stand long.
I don't see the point of this thread if you don't elaborate on what makes them crap. M&B isn't clunky at all once you have your speed & weapons leveled up.
It starts out clunky, because you're supposed to build up your skill.
It's supposed to simulate what it like to be a random serf who doesn't even know how to wield a sword. I think the combat is way better than Dark Souls coz M&B's combat revolves around movement. Mount & Blade simulates how melee combat is about following motions & trajectory, which is much more interesting to me than Derp Soul's dynasty warrior combat where you just press light strike, heavy strike & roll button, AYY LMAO! BloodBorne actually does play like Dynasty Warriors (You can beat the entire game just spamming attack, with high stamina.), and it's funny how peeps will hate on DW, but love BB simply coz of the Name brand.

In Mount & Blade, heavy strikes feel heavy because you have to press back & hold on to the attack before you lunge forward & strike. You have to manually input the motion for heavy strikes. You were prolly just mashing the attack button as if it were Derp Souls when M&B actually wants you to treat the combat like a real fight, and that is to move in a circular motion around your opponents. When someone attacks you, you block the attack by moving along with the direction of the trajectory of the attack. I like this, it simulates weight. In real life combat, you're just throwing weight around. M&B actually emulates this in-game, in a way that's quick & easy to learn.

You don't need to learn real-life things such as pivot-foot to judge the weight of an attack. All you have to do is learn M&B's combat flow of using motion to your advantage, when you succeffully block or dodge by moving away from the attack, you can immediately counter with a strong attack by pressing the mouse forward. I played this shit on PS4, where it actually is clunky as fuck, but it moves so damn smooth on PC.
The only reason why I haven't played my Mac copy much, is coz I don't know how to fix the setting to let me play the normal game. I always get that shitty Viking campaign instead which is fucking boring to me coz that Viking DLC plays more like an Action Rpg. I like the non-dlc version of Warband coz it immediately lets me build up my army without having to bother with some dumb story that I don't even bother to read anyway.

In any case this is beside the point coz M&B is supposed to be an Open world real time strategy game, you completely miss the point of Mount & Blade if all you care about is the combat. Mount & Blade is basically a modern version of Koei's Uncharted Waters New Horizons. Meaning that you can play the game any way you wish.
You can actually build up an empire just by trading & selling salt, you can build an empire by simply maintaining political marriages. You can build an empire by serving under a lord & ranking up. You can build an empire by traveling from city to city and winning the tournaments which win you fame (fame lets you have audiences with the local kings.) & money.

My fave method is to go full pirate mode and raze villages, loot everything, kill everyone, take the survivors as prisoners and then sell them when I move on to the next town. By everyone, I mean everyone. Kill the other criminals, mug the random civilians for their money (then kill them.), and then you take all of that loot and sell it to a kingdom you're allied with. (You stay allied so long as you don't loot or kill people from their kingdom.)

I'll side with the strongest kingdom, only coz you need a kingdom to protect you when you start out, so they can sanction your deeds as heroic deeds for their kingdom, even though you're playing as an evil asshole.
You'll eventually amass enough money that you can buy the strongest armor & weapons, to the point that you can just tank most hits.
This in turn lets you win tournaments easier or mug the shit out of rival armies (the more rivals you defeat, the more good reputation with the kingdoms you're allied with.)
Once you've amassed a yuge enough fortune, you can create armies that rival the kingdoms. This is usually when I just survey the map, and attack the weakest castle I see, steal it, and then immediately declare a new country, or declare it as part of the territory for the King I'm allied with.

The latter is more secure, I prefer going full Pirate mode, and trying to start my own dynasty by killing the rest of the kings. You can even hold kings as ransom.

Another way I like playing is by serving a lord, have them trust you enough to grant you a fief, and then you just betray them right after. Most of the king's lords will betray you though, unless you're that famous & rich. It's better off doing things the pirate way, and operate by no rules at all.

Super Metroid never really clicked with me. Or most Castlevanias.
LOL I don't see what Castlevania & Super Metroid have to do with each other. You most likely mean Metroidvania. I agree somewhat, I think most metroidvanias are boring but the problem is, they usually play nothing like Metroid itself. Metroidvanias play like rpg games. Metroid is not an rpg, and has nothing in common with rpgs.
Metroid is basically what Dark Souls is claimed to be, where you're thrown into a spooky world, and you have to figure everything out your self.

Metroid is what it is, because it actually feels like you're traversing an alien world. Super Metroid has the best atmosphere of any 16 bit game. Ecco the Dolphin 1/2 & Clock Tower come close. All 3 games are pretty scary.

Supe Metroid is basically a 2d version of what System Shock 1 & 2 were, or the original Deus Ex. (Sadly the only good DX. I don't understand what people like about the Adam Jensen games. I actually beat Invisible War more than once but I fell asleep through both Jensen games.

Metroid games feel atmospheric & moody, the gameplay is constantly changing due to the new abilities you find. The entire world feels oppressive, and you feel as though you're just part of that planet's food chain. I don't understand how anyone could not like Super Metroid, but you didn't even give a reason.
It's hard to say what you didn't like, when Metroidvanias actually have little to nothing in common with Metroid itself.
Symhony of the Night was nothing like Super Metroid. SOTN feels like an rpg where you power level. In Metroid, you have limited ammo, limited energy reserves, limited everything. The game is easy, but at the time there was nothing else out there like it. Save for maybe Zelda 2. Although Zelda 2 feels more like Dark Souls to me.

I''ve only played one other metroidvania that actually did a good job of creating an atmosphere that's as oppressive as a Metroid game, Momodora.

That's how a Metroid game should feel like. The world design, the layout should all actually feel like a place that could logically exist. The music should reflect a foreboding atmosphere that gets scarier & scarier the deeper that you traverse into the game. Combat should be decided either by skill or your loadout, no rpg stats at all.

Most Metroidvania don't do this though. Axiom Verge has good H.R. Giger inspired art, that evoke a Metroid-like ambiance but that game sucks. It didn't really feel like Metroid to me. It felt more like he was going for some David Lynch type-surrealism and the music is fucking terrible.

LOL WTF IS THAT?

Axiom Verge was prob trying to go for this sound.

This is actually sounds mysterious. The Axiom song sounds like some shitty ass Hindi music, that just pisses you off every time you hear it lol.

Now this is what I call atmosphere.

Axiom Verge is an actual Metroid style game though, but even so, I didn't like it. I like that the planet was bio-mechanical but I hated the boss fights, I hated the monster design, I hated nearly everything, lol. I especially didn't like the main character. Too bad Axiom Verge 2 got rid of the Metroid style sci-fi, and seems to be a full blown Fantasy game now. That's even less interesting than the original Axiom setting.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

LOL I don't see what Castlevania & Super Metroid have to do with each other. You most likely mean Metroidvania.
No, i mean that i wasnt captured by Super Metroid nor by Castlevania Bloodlines when tried both during my life. aka dropped them after 10 mins and never came back.

As for metroidvania, i dont play much of them either, except that i liked Shantae games and some indies like knytt. Ah, and yeah, wanted to play axiom verge due to that weapon which transforms objects. Also, Touhou Luna Nights is damn good with mechanics and what not.( i still laugh as crazy that touhou is a brand for myriad of different things now, lol)
I don't see the point of this thread if you don't elaborate on what makes them crap.
Crap? I thought thread is about "good games that dont fit your taste" rather than "these games are bad" :D

But yeah, non-logical idea of making this thread came after i played Mount Blade Warband demo for a bit, and my first impression was "wtf, is it some amateur unity3d game? shut it down immediately". But i remember that many people i know love the hell of M&B and consider it one of most important 2000s pc games.

But personally, i'd better play separately Die by the Sword (or any other that tried multidirectional fencing with 1shot kills potentials. Mount and Blade's system of moving mouse in the moment of pressing hit button feels glitchy and unreliable for me. OK, you say it also counts warrior's body movement vector, it's interesting system, i can respect it), separetely musou (or action rts with unit commands), and separately 4x with diplomacy or what not. Rather than having it all inside M&B.

As you know, i play games that you consider utter shit like Blasphemous or survival horrors etc. etc. But funny how M&B gives me "too junky" feel even for me. How character controls, how physic in combat acts, all that interface (eyebleeding, ffs) and dialogues... I just dont like what i see.

Should i feel guilty for it, lmao? Dunno, i came to decision that i m not obligated to love and play all those games. Its too much of them. No one have time for all.

edit:
Another thing i just remembered. Max payne 3 lol. I'm aware its "best tps of recent years", but everytime it puts me off just due to setting, lmao (when i see enemies and decorations, its so beeeeewring). Or maybe cause i was max payne 1 artfag fan also? lol.

edit2:
You might be on point "feels clunky cause fresh character is unlevelled". Well, this might be same reason why i didnt like System Shock 2. In ss2, character controls and playes like dumb degenerative handicapped disabled person, especially melee. It keeps that until u level up and do perks/skills. Overall ss2 is cool though. But those forced rpg elements and forced stealth makes it inferior for me. On the other hand, Deus Ex 1 i loved pretty much.
LOL WTF IS THAT?
my fav track, obviously!

The other good track was this

Qish's is fucking retarded. Hell he thinks that the GBA Gunstar Heroes is better than Gunstar Heroes 1, AYY LMAO!
Yes i am lol. When i finished original Gunstar Heroes, it was underwhelming. Like unfinished beta or smth. Levels were too fillers before boss battles (where most fun was), and too long. Wasnt a fan of weapon mixing stuff either. So yeah, it was great as Treasure's debut (and was kinda first character action game at times, or like prototype for them. Due to expanded moveset etc. etc.), but 3+/5 for me. While Gba Gunstar, now that game gave me impression of polished and by matured/more experienced devs. Where everything is tight and works together. And pleasant to control, very responsive.

edit3:
Yeah, what you describe about M&B sounds like reason why people that i know treat it so high. Maybe if i played it 10 years ago, i would became fan. Guess i got too lazy/unwilling over years. Something like MB requires to dive into very deep.

p.s.
About "becoming a fan". I dunno if its me becoming older now, or just this year is too fukked up so it fucks with my perception of things. But, for example. Even though i finally played and finished Ninja Gaiden this year. Yes, it was amazing experience that i enjoyed the hell out of it. But. It didnt make me "a fan". Like half-life or silent hill made me in my teen years. Or Dark Souls made me in university years. By that, i mean feeling that burning heart inside, fanatically looking for articles and trailers and videos and interviews, learning all lore details by heart, participating in fandom, shooting videos and compilations, drawing fanarts etc. etc. etc. etc. Shit, am i too old now, so i m not like that anymore lol. Or just, i was slightly dead inside this year, so that doesnt matter huh. ///// Granted, when i was going trhough NG campaign, i was discussing it almost every day with a friend (he is old ng veteran, so i was asking him on myriad of things, and also sharing impressions). So i m not that much lukewarm yet. Buuuut, i still was puzzled, whether i was not entusiast enough. Guess i m not, as i havent replayed it on higher difficulties yet, lmao. [welp, honestly i dont think if i ll even stomach master ninja, kek] but, this is becoming offtop now, 'k.
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
HOUSELANDER
Spiral Smile

Post by HOUSELANDER »

Wow qish you don't like an action platformer castlevania?, i like Castlevania bloodlines but its easy just like super castlevania 4 Dracula X is the real challenging game.. I tried to play 3d castlevania ps2 like curse of darkness but i got bored combat feels to slow.when i play ys,i kinda wish modern castlevania would play like.
Anyway for good game i don't really like is Splatterhouse trilogy.i liked the third one, splatterhouse 3 combat give me the street of rage feels,the only thing i don't like is the timelimit.i just want to sit back and enjoy beat up monster while exploring the big mansion.
melonbread
Spiral Smile

Post by melonbread »

HOUSELANDER wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:06 am Wow qish you don't like an action platformer castlevania?, i like Castlevania bloodlines but its easy just like super castlevania 4 Dracula X is the real challenging game.. I tried to play 3d castlevania ps2 like curse of darkness but i got bored combat feels to slow.when i play ys,i kinda wish modern castlevania would play like.
Anyway for good game i don't really like is Splatterhouse trilogy.i liked the third one, splatterhouse 3 combat give me the street of rage feels,the only thing i don't like is the timelimit.i just want to sit back and enjoy beat up monster while exploring the big mansion.
Rondo is the best Castlevania.

".ᴎoiꙅivɘ|ɘƚ ᴎɒʜƚ ᴎuᎸ ɘɿom ɘɿɒ ꙅɿoɿɿim"
HOUSELANDER
Spiral Smile

Post by HOUSELANDER »

?
Last edited by HOUSELANDER on Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

That's PC Engine one? Well i actually wanted to give it a shot (i watched review of it and mentally wishlisted. It was years AFTER i tried Bloodlines that left me lukewarm).
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Dark Souls is a game, but I never understood what was so masterful about it either. I only ever liked the MP, and that's only coz it predated the Battle Royale craze, which is what DS1's pvp sorta played like, especially in the forest level.
A friend of mine put it very well when he said that dark souls is more like a simulation of what a videogame is meant to be, than an actual game. It lucked out by coming out in an era where most videogames weren't even trying to look like videogames, more like long stretches of slow walking as NPCs talk to you in real time, and you jerk off to how impressive that is while the game runs at 23 frames per second and has the most shallow popamole shooting gameplay ever concieved.

I still like Demon's Souls specifically because that one is more like an adventure/exploration game where the combat is just a tool you use to interact with the world, much like the king's field games. From Dark Souls onwards they focused almost exclusively on the combat and the combat is more shallow than god of war, a series known (by the admission of its developers) for its shallow but flashy combat.

All the stuff people praise about Dark Souls is general elements that comprise a normal videogame. Yeah it has level design, enemy placement and boss fights. What fucking game didn't before they became interactive movies?

I was laughing to myself earlier as I was playing super mario galaxy 2, because I got to a boss fight that would have been described as a profound work of art, if it were in a souls game lol.

Now as you can see. The enemy starts off as non aggressive: Miyazaki is making a statement here, about how the chosen undead "Mario" is indeed a merciless initiator of violence. Which in turn, is an allegory for the futility of life. Once our so called "hero", heh *snarky laugh* provokes this peaceful creature into violence, we are shown the genious of miyazaki once more when the enemy... *gasp* is shown to be able to walk under the platform as well! An ability that no other enemy in the level has shown before. This moment, is meant to induce panic in the player. As well as testing their mettle in the face of unexpected challenge. Thankfully, the chosen one is able to use his fat italian ass, to flip over grates and destroy the prey-become-predator.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 also has flagpole checkpoints which again, normal thing to be found in videogames, but somehow a reason for praise when it's in a slow ass souls game. (Which also gets praise for being slow, because supposedly it makes the game "harder". I honestly don't understand how that is possible, considering a slower game requires slower reaction times, but I must be insane.)

The multiplayer was the best part of those games until they listened to the community, and made it all about fair duels between equally matched opponents. The fun part was actually planning ambushes and fucking with players, but they made it impossible going forward to the point where Bloodborne might as well not have pvp at all. (Thankfully that game has decent enough combat and an interesting enough world to hold the experience together even without it.)

The Dark Souls community was a lot more fun when they were trying to figure out funny ways of breaking the game and fucking around in pvp, before it became a complete circlejerk on how having vertical levels is somehow a new thing that was never done before, until miyazaki decided to gift his artistry to the world of gaming.

That's PC Engine one? Well i actually wanted to give it a shot (i watched review of it and mentally wishlisted. It was years AFTER i tried Bloodlines that left me lukewarm).
Rondo of Blood is pretty good for beginners because it's one of the easiest ones. (All CV games are actually easy except for CV3. American CV3 is even harder than the japanese one lol. CV1 looks hard until you realize you can cheese the entire game with a levelled up holy water. CV3 also has overpowerd magic with sypha, but some of the levels themselves are much harder to get through independently of your subweapons.)
The only classic CV I don't really like is SCV4 (actually a remake of one) because the huge ass sprites make it so the game is even slower than the original, although it does have the prettiest gfx and music in the series. Though if you disliked bloodlines I don't know if you'd like any of them. I get the impression you focus mostly on a game's aesthetics and story and what not, and I guess Castlevania (much like metroid) is just too "bland" for you (even though castlevania is actually fucking weird lol. I actually find it quite impressive how castlevania manages to have its own distinct identity, despite being a monster mash of classic creatures and paying homage to both hammer and universal.)

I like the igavanias as well for different reasons, my jewish mind loves the task of itemizing things and I like getting 100% in all categories in those games, well except for bloodstained rotn because that game really went overboard with crafting and cooking and all that shit. Getting 100% in the older igavanias was more about exploring everywhere, finding secret areas, grinding enemies for drops, playing on higher difficulties, beating bosses with no damage and beating records in the boss rush.
I tried to play 3d castlevania ps2 like curse of darkness but i got bored combat feels to slow.
Yeah curse of darkness is as slow as dark souls, I kinda like it because of the monster raising aspect and some of the boss fights but I wouldn't say it's good or great. Love the music too, but most normal enemy encounters are boring as hell.
Lament of Innocence is just dogshit to the point where I wonder why that game has any fans lol.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Iwazaru wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:45 pm No, i mean that i wasnt captured by Super Metroid nor by Castlevania Bloodlines when tried both during my life. aka dropped them after 10 mins and never came back.
How the fuck do you even know how Metroid plays like, after only 10 minutes? AYY LMAO! It's one of those games where you gain completely new skills that help you complete tasks that you otherwise couldn't accomplish beforehand. I like Super Metroid coz the world feels alive & hostile.
As for metroidvania, i dont play much of them either, except that i liked Shantae games and some indies like knytt.
Shantae games fucking suck. A solid case of a game that has great art & music, but didn't even bother with the gameplay.
Crap? I thought thread is about "good games that dont fit your taste" rather than "these games are bad" :D
Still a crap thread. It's less about the games and more about "Muh preferences!" I never understood the hype for Ghouls & Ghosts. Hell, I think Megaman games are repetitive as fuck. Megaman is everything that Mario is accused of. There's like only 6 official Super Mario 2d games, and Mario has been around since the early 80s.
Yet Megaman has over 50 sequels, and they all play nearly exactly the same.
Mario really only has 4 of those 6 2d games that play similarly, and none of the Mario 3d games have anything at all in common with each other.

Despite how I don't care for most Crapcom games, I actually don't really talk about the Cap games that I don't like. It just seems like a waste of energy to me.
When I criticize a game, it's coz it has legit problems that get overlooked. (Xenoblade)
When you talk smack about Mount & Blade, you make it obvious that you don't even understand what you're playing.
I find your Metroid comment just completely bizarre. Do you even realize that you intentionally start out weak in Metroid, and you slowly become stronger, the more that you discover new item upgrades?
You somehow knew exactly how Metroid was going to play like in 10 minutes when Metroid endgame plays nothing like the beginning. You get a speed dash, you can fucking moon jump. Samus is basically Iron Man by the end of the game. You feel like a superhero by the time the game ends, which is a stark contrast to how fragile you feel when you start out.

As you know, i play games that you consider utter shit like Blasphemous or survival horrors etc. etc. But funny how M&B gives me "too junky" feel even for me. How character controls, how physic in combat acts, all that interface (eyebleeding, ffs) and dialogues... I just dont like what i see.
Do you know how to fire a gun? Would you say it felt clunky to pull the trigger and manage the recoil?
Or how about throwing a ball? What's your throwing technique like? Do you throw with your hand, or do you move your entire body and throw from the hip? How about basketball? Do you use your wrists to pass & shoot, or do you use the entire hand when you play basketball?
You're expecting some brainless button mashing Dark Souls bullshit, when the game you're playing is simulating the foot motions that you would actually make, when swinging a melee strike.
In real life, you don't actually do damage by just standing still and wailing away like you could in Dark Souls. In real life, you have to generate force by shifting your body weight which adds more weight to your striking limb.

I don't see how that's fucking different from M&B? It's a similar core logic, once you understand the mechanics, it doesn't feel clunky at all. It feels smooth.

Whereass oldschool style survival horror always feels unintuitive, which is why some people believe that the shitty controls were intentional. I don't hate on the games you like coz "they were clunky". I hate on them coz they're fucking boring.

What most people forget is that Sega Saturn didn't have analog controls, and the original PSX controller didn't have analog either.
That's why survival horrors had tank controls, coz you had to control movement with a directional pad, plus a shoulder button.
Even then, it's just Resident evil that had tank controls. Silent Hill's controls were always fairly smooth.
I didn't fucking hate on these games coz of the controls. I hated on them coz they're fucking boring as games.

See this is why I don't understand you. How could you not like Super Metroid but then like something like Silent Hill? I'd be thinking that those games would appeal to a similar crowd. They both have a huge sense of mystery, they both rely on atmospheric horror. Only difference though is Super Metroid forces you to think outside of the box to figure out the landscape. Silent Hill just forces you to walk through fog with shitty ass draw distance. You don't actually do anything in Silent Hill, but walk.
You think walking is fun? I walk in real life. I live in WA state too, which has plenty of haunted places you can peruse in real life. I don't ever walk inside the forests, coz I'm certain that there's deranged serial killers living deep inside of them. Highest suicide rate in the country. I don't believe all of them are actual sucides.
There's a lot of weird looking "Hills have Eyes" white people in this state.

The hilarious part, is that I'm just a casual Metroid fan. It's not even in my holy grails of gaming like Resident Evil, Ninja Gaiden, Streets of Rage, Super Mario, & Street Fighter are, but even I get miffed enough to respond, coz what you say about Metroid makes no sense to me.
Should i feel guilty for it, lmao? Dunno, i came to decision that i m not obligated to love and play all those games. Its too much of them. No one have time for all.
Why feel guilty? I just think you make no sense. I don't guilt trip anyone. I just insult people who I think are being retarded, like you, lol.
edit:
Another thing i just remembered. Max payne 3 lol. I'm aware its "best tps of recent years", but everytime it puts me off just due to setting, lmao (when i see enemies and decorations, its so beeeeewring). Or maybe cause i was max payne 1 artfag fan also? lol.
Why the fuck does everyone love the New York setting so much? What I noticed so far, is you ain't even talking about the gameplay most of the time. You're just talking about your feelings, LOL!
I hate it when fuckers moan about MP3's setting coz it's too bright & sunny.
I'm out here thinking, these a bunch of sheltered ass white boys, try walking around in Brazil while being White.
You'll get treated exactly as Max Payne did, and get robbed of everything you own, or taken advantage of.
I dunno, that sounds way more threatening to me than the damn New York setting where you're just fightng against a bunch of New York Jews & Italian mobsters. Even by the 2000s, when MP was made, that was hardly what the USA was like during the time.

Brazil actually is really fucked up, but in your mind, you think a fucked up place needs to look dull, grey, and rain 24/7, like some stereotypical film noir from the 1940s. In real life, the craziest places look more like Miami or Los Angeles, which are both tropical & sunny.
About the only thing that MP3 was way off on, was when it placed the blame on Far Right Wing extremist groups in Brazil, when damn near every Politician at the time, was actually Far Left. Before Bolsanaro, Brazil didn't really have a right wing scene at all.
LOL WTF IS THAT?
my fav track, obviously!
You just have really shit taste. How can anyone stand hearing that crap, sounds like a bangledesh hooker, constantly yelling to some generic ass fruit loops beat.

I deleted Axiom coz I hated having to hear that damn track every time I backtracked.

Now this is what music sounds like. It's foreboding, intense, & upbeat.
Yes i am lol. When i finished original Gunstar Heroes, it was underwhelming. Like unfinished beta or smth. Levels were too fillers before boss battles (where most fun was), and too long.
Are you playng on normal? Seriously wtf is wrong with you? Nearly everything you're saying in this topic is fucking retarded. Gunstar Heroes is a game that's filled with non stop action setpieces.
The only time I get bored is during that gameboard stage. When played on the highest setting, I never get a chance to breathe coz you're constantly swarmed. I don't even walk, I just jump kick or body splash while shooting in mid air.
Wasnt a fan of weapon mixing stuff either.
And you don't even elaborate. What's so bad about it? Just find a combo you like, and stick with it for the rest of the game. Each combination fits a particular player preference. I like to play hard & fast so I just go with two Force, for double the speed & dmg. When I started out, I was lazy and went with Chaser plus Force or Lightning. Those combinations allow you to instantly home in on enemies without having to aim.
If I'm playing free shot, I'll go with flame & force to turn the gun into a napalm nuke.
There's completely different strategies, for each player preference. You're never forced to play the game in a specific way. You can do whatever you want.

The weapon mixing completely changes the way the game plays. I swear wtf is wrong with you? It's like you don't like games. You hate it when games allow you to experiment. LOL! Why even bother with fighting games if Gunstar Heroe's weapon mixing is too much for you. What's next? SF Alpha 3's Isms system too much for you to handle too? LOL@
So yeah, it was great as Treasure's debut (and was kinda first character action game at times, or like prototype for them. Due to expanded moveset etc. etc.), but 3+/5 for me. While Gba Gunstar, now that game gave me impression of polished and by matured/more experienced devs. Where everything is tight and works together. And pleasant to control, very responsive.
I disagree that Gunstar Heroes felt like a prototype. How the fuck was the Train level a prototype?

It's one of the best designed stages I've ever played from any game, but oh it was just a prototype. They didn't have the formula perfected yet? My ass mang. It felt like it was made by people who mastered Contra, and then wanted to make it even more extreme.

For fuck's sake, that level was so damn good that Treasure even remixed it for Alien Soldier.

What's amusing is how Contra Hard Corps seems to be a direct response to Gunstar Heroes, coz Hard Corps has even crazier set-pieces than Gunstar does.

DO you at least like Mega Turrican?

Turrican is easily in the top 3 best run n guns on the Genesis, and it's not as hard as Gunstar or Contra.
edit3:
Yeah, what you describe about M&B sounds like reason why people that i know treat it so high. Maybe if i played it 10 years ago, i would became fan. Guess i got too lazy/unwilling over years. Something like MB requires to dive into very deep.
I didn't play M&B until 2018. I still loved it. It has nothing to do with age. Some games just have good rulesets, which are timeless.

p.s.
About "becoming a fan". I dunno if its me becoming older now, or just this year is too fukked up so it fucks with my perception of things. But, for example. Even though i finally played and finished Ninja Gaiden this year. Yes, it was amazing experience that i enjoyed the hell out of it. But. It didnt make me "a fan". Like half-life or silent hill made me in my teen years. Or Dark Souls made me in university years. By that, i mean feeling that burning heart inside, fanatically looking for articles and trailers and videos and interviews, learning all lore details by heart, participating in fandom, shooting videos and compilations, drawing fanarts etc. etc. etc. etc. Shit, am i too old now, so i m not like that anymore lol.
I'm turning 38 tomorrow. It has nothing to do with age. Judging from everything you're saying, you don't really judge a game by how deep its gameplay is. In fact, you seem to actually hate experimenting.
All the games that I'm a hardcore fan of, are due to how I can play the same game over & over, but still find something new about the game's mechanics.
I like a lot of games, where the variables are extremely random, which makes for a different playthrough each time you play.

From what I'm reading, you don't seem to play games for the gameplay. You seem to be trying to get something, that's not even fucking game-related, out of the game. Like this quote you just wrote.
It's like you're expecting a game to give you some magical feeling, related to whatever the fuck you were doing in real life.
I fucking hate it when people do that.
This chump rated Sega Saturn

as his favorite system of all time, not coz the games were actually good. (He thinks they're good though, lol. Genesis & Dreamcast library is way better.)
Sega Saturn is his fave, coz it's the system he was playing after he got out of jail, and reformed his life.
So Saturn always has a special place in his heart, due to his real world predicament, rather than the games themselves.

I don't understand why people do that. Associating gaming, with some completely unrelated real life events.
When I was extremely poor, I had to settle with Final Fantasy 7, Wild Arms, Toshinden 2, Tekken 2, Kings Field 2 & Saga Frontier, as the only games I had for a whole year. Does that color my perception of those games? Not really, I actually forget the events that happened around my life when I play a game, coz I don't
view those events as related. I can play a game any time. Most of the time, I'll keep playing those games long after a certain life event. It makes no fucking sense to me, to associate gaming with your school year, AYY LMAO!

About the only game I did that with is Rival Schools, coz it's what I was playing when I dropped out, and it felt like I was part of Akira's gang, lol. Ironically in real life, I was chilling with Yakuza.
I don't really see how any of that is related though. I just group that up with life in Japan, but I forget about the whole Rival Schools thing. In Japan, I actually didn't play games much. This was during the alleged golden age of the Gaycube/ps2/xbox & PSX/N64/Saturn era too.

Instead I just reflect more on what I was actually doing at the time, but I forget what game I played. I mostly just played games socially, like fighting games in the arcade.

EDIT: Sega Lord X just redeemed himself.
When I saw what is No. 1 was, I was like FUCK YEAH! That's gotta be the third most popular Classic Sega franchise (After Sonic & Streets of Rage.) that would get as much hype today, if a sequel were to come out.

His no. 1 isn't a Virtua Fighter or Shenmue. It's not even Daytona or Virtua Racing, but when you get to his no.1, it's like how the fuck could I have not seen that coming? I think it's coz for me, I only ever played that game on PSP, so I didn't really associate with Arcades or AM2.
Or just, i was slightly dead inside this year, so that doesnt matter huh. ///// Granted, when i was going trhough NG campaign, i was discussing it almost every day with a friend (he is old ng veteran, so i was asking him on myriad of things, and also sharing impressions). So i m not that much lukewarm yet. Buuuut, i still was puzzled, whether i was not entusiast enough. Guess i m not, as i havent replayed it on higher difficulties yet, lmao. [welp, honestly i dont think if i ll even stomach master ninja, kek] but, this is becoming offtop now, 'k.
You sound like you need help. It's like you're playing games in place of doing something else you're missing in real life. Why the fuck do you play games? I initially played them to stay out of trouble, but then I realized, I'd rather be playing games than having to interact with Tranny world USA.
I'm an oldschool gamer. I think the fun of a game is actually mastering it, and beating other people at the game. If the play mechanics aren't deep enough, it won't keep my interest long, after beating it.

What you're describing is how I feel when I play a modern Sony shit game, where there's very little gameplay and overall it just feels like a waste of time. You probably subconsciously believe that you're wasting your time when playing these games. If you weren't, you wouldn't be saying such hilarious identity crisis shit where you're actually asking us how you should be thinking or whatever. Like wtf?

Maybe gaming is not for you, move on.
When I get addicted to Ninja Gaiden or Resi Evil 6 Mercs, or Streets of Rage 2, it's coz I like action games, and playing games like that, on their highest settings, is a thrill or a high, that I won't find anywhere else, legally. I love it when I dominate over someone in an online game, and then I just teabag them, to rub it in their faces. It reminds me of when I was a kid, and was still big enough to play sports where I still acted like a complete asshole, taunting losers who suck at the game. Then college level & professional sports happen, where everyone is a goddamn 6'9 super human like Dr Disrespect (ironically, he's actually a game streamer but he's bigger than most professional football players, lol!), and you can no longer compete , so I now fulfil that thrill in gaming.

Gaming for me is a thrill ride. If it fails to thrill me, I think it's boring and move on to the next game.
You sound like you expect a game to complete your sense of self or purpose in life. I dunno, you sound goofy as fuck. Get a religion or something lol.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol: