Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

NintenDOMINATION

Post by Jack »

Nintendo thread where you talk shit about or fan over Nintendo.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2020/200130_3e.pdf
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/finance/hard_soft/
Switch: 52.48m (10.81m for the quarter)

Mario Kart 8: 22.96m

Smash: 17.68m

Mario Odyssey: 16.59m

BOTW: 16.34m

Pokemon Sword/Shield: 16.06m

Pokemon Let's Go: 11.76m

Splatoon 2: 9.81m

Mario Party: 9.12m

NSMBUD: 5.85M

Luigi's Mansion 3: 5.37m

Mario Maker 2: 5.08m

Link's Awakening: 4.19m

Fire Emblem Three Houses: 2.58m

Ring Fit Adventure: 2.17m

Astral Chain: 1.03m

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: 1.02m

-----------------------------------------------------

Net Sales: ¥578,701M

Operating Income: ¥168,708M

Net Profit: ¥134,371M

Last year I was ready to give up on gaming, but with Nintendo now dominating, I've back in gaming at full force coz they make & produce games that give you the most bang per buck. I decided to give gaming one more chance, I traded in my PS4 and all of my ps4 games for a Switch. I had no games (Unlike PS4, in which I already had 4 games when I bought a PS4. I was deciding between BOTW & Yakuza 0 at the time but I bought Y0 preemptively which forced me to get a PS4),

I only played Paladins on the Switch for the first 3 weeks as I did reasearch on Smash Bros Ultimate, BOTW & Mario Kart 8 DX.
I eventually decided on Smash Bros Ultimate, and I was completely blown away by that game. SBU, restored my love for gaming.
There's a near endless amount of content to that game, and the DLC just adds even more content on top of a game that already had enough to be sold as 5 seperate games.

When I was on PS4, I always traded in every game after I beat it, coz there was nothing to do after you beat it.
They usually had a halfassed New Game + which just makes the shitty game even easier and braindead than it did the first time around.
This isn't so with Nintendo games. Beating a nintendo game, just opens up even more content to play. Unlike in modern games where you need to pay DLC for more playable content. Nintendo games also have DLC, but it's more added content on top of the content that you already unlocked through the base game. Nintendo's DLC acts as a bonus for all those who can't get enough of their game.
It's the opposite of how DLC is practices in the Non-Nintendo world where DLC fixes a broken product :lol: .

Of the Nintendo produce I've played, the only game that I felt, which didn't have enough content is Daemon X Machina. You can beat that game in 10 hours, with the post content taking up about 40 hours to complete. For a Non-Nintendo game, that sounds like money well spent, but that's nothing when it comes to Nintendo standards where each one of their games could easily last you 500 hours of game time.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 also comes dangerously close to being a game that you sell after you beat it, but the DLC adds 100s of hours of content by restructuring the game as a competitive arcade score-based affair where you can conceivably play the game forever just trying to perfect your scores, optimize your builds and or max every characters' levels.
MUA3 without the DLC was just a 7 out of 10 to me. Good, but nothing special.
With the DLC which adds an expanded version of Gauntlet & a PVE mode called Danger room, I'm given a reason to continually play the game.
It's fun just minding your business only for Dark Phoenix to invade your game as she proceeds to kick your weakling ass.

The Dr Doom expansion is coming out some time this spring which will finally add new Campaign story content, but I'm hoping it also adds arcadish style competitive mode in similar vein to Gauntlet & Danger room since those modes are the reason why I'm still playing it, and I can imagine that I'll be playing for 500 hour + so long as the final DLC adds in some epic Ultimate Evil Alliance mode which I'd hope would be just the Boss Rush Infinity stage, but with the bosses at maxed out levels.

My tierlist so far:

SYSTEM SELLERS

Smash Bros Ultimate, Xenoblade 2 Torna, Xenoblade 2 (I haven't played it yet, but I just bought the physical sealed new an hour ago & will play it after I finish my lunch.)
I haven't played BOTW yet but I'm sure it's a system seller. I bought its sister game, Xenoblade 2 instead. The overworld map has similar functionaly between the two games since the XB2 devs actually helped out with the development of BOTW.

This is what ultimately made me decide to get XB2.
https://www.gamerpros.co/xenoblade-chro ... -the-wild/
I wanted to know which was the better openworld game with the better combat.
I was already loving Torna from what I've played but that dude jsut sealed the deal with his comparisons to BOTW. Everything that I care about in gaming (challenge, in depth combat mechanics, actual character arcs), seems to be done better in XB2. I'm loving the cast that was in Torna so it'd be a waste to learn about them, but not even see the aftermath of what they went through, which is shown in XB2.

Great, but only if you already own the system
Mario Kart 8 DX, Friday the 13th The Game (Not an exclusive but the Switch online scene is very hype about this game and are fun to play with.)

FAN FAVES, These are 7 out of 10 games, that can easily upgrade to 8 or 9 depending on your personal tastes
Fire Emblem Three Houses, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

____
Daemon X Machina is good, but it's the game that feels most like a PS3/PS4 product out of the bunch. All of the other games I've listed are unique to Switch system, even MUA3 feels really unique. I can't think of a single game that plays like it on PS4, with Ys 8 coming the closest in style in terms of combat. (The first two MUA games are not at all similar, which is why some MUA fans hate MUA3.)
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
CENSORED
BANNED

Re: NintenDOMINATION

Post by CENSORED »

I would probably bump three houses to a 8/10 since it's the best game I've played in ages (granted I don't play that many modern games at all), though I will say that NG+ sucks.
I was very disappointed when I realized that all three campaigns (minus the edelgard campaign, but that's basically a short what-if thing that is equally as disappointing) have the same exact battles with different cutscenes.
The game is amazing on your first playthrough, and I love how they streamlined all the management so that it happens inside the monastery/school, but once I had to replay the entire game and I realized you can't really skip the monastery stuff the second time through (unless you're playing on baby difficulty, in which case you might as well just youtube the cutscenes) it got very grating on me. Nevertheless I powered through the entire first half of the game expecting the second half to he completely different, except it wasn't LOL. Reah's campaign actually gets pretty contrived in how the story gets you to the same exact battles you played through as Dimitri. You even get a visit from Dimitri's ghost, which makes no sense because you never really interact with him on the church's path lol.
However, one campaign is a full 100h and I loved my first campaign all the way through so I don't really feel like the game is bad. I thought it was a full 10/10 as I was playing through it the first time, but the lack of variety in the campaigns really killed any willingness for me to go through it a third time. I did get the season pass though, I'm looking forward to the abyss storyline hoping that it actually has new scenarios. (The season pass also get you some optional battles against giant monsters which are pretty great, and they seem to be the only thing balanced around NG+ since you can't really get through them without an overpowered party.)
As per smash ultimate, what do you think of Byleth's addition? I didn't really give a shit about any of the DLC characters outside of Banjo, and Terry because he's legitimately fun to play as. Joker was boring and I completely forgot who the fourth character was lol. I had to check, and yeah I'm glad Hero is in but I didn't have any fun playing as him either.
It's a shame the online game is pretty much unplayable, because everyone is a slave to the online meta and refuses to have any fun. Thankfully I tend to play the game with IRL friends instead. (Same with MK8DX, but I suck at that game lmao.)
I'm planning to get Daemon X Machina (played the demo and loved it. Just didn't have any time to play it yet really.) and Astral Chain if it ever goes down in price. I'm not sure I'll like it so I definetly don't want to spend a full 60€ on it.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

I would probably bump three houses to a 8/10 since it's the best game I've played in ages (granted I don't play that many modern games at all), though I will say that NG+ sucks.
As I said, the games are a 7 out of 10 but can be bumped up to a 8 or 9 depending on your preferences. MUA3 is my 2nd fave Switch game, but I know for most people, it'd only be a 7 coz MUA3 is way too oldschool arcady. (Soon to be 3rd though if XB2 turns out to be as good as I hope it'll be.) My personal score for Mario Kart 8 DX is a 6 out of 10, but it's coz it's still basically the same fucking game that it's always been since at least the Gaycube era.

My Edlegard playthrough took me about 100 hours and it was exactly when I replayed the game where I realize that I wasn't having any fun with it. Honestly, from production values alone, FE3H is more like a 5. It looks like some cheap shit made from an early PS2 devkit.
I really don't understand why people claim that MUA3 looks like a mobile game (it probably does in youtube vids.) coz when you see it in person, MUA3's gfx look as smooth as Smash Bros & Zelda.

Xenoblade 2's gfx are also very high tech. The characters look like living cartoons (instead of polygons with drawings placed over them like with all of the recent Tales of... games) What really gets to me is the enviornmental design though. These are the most pretty & organic enviornments I've ever seen. it's made even more amusing when you realize you're basically fleas living on top of a huge monster.

I'll get into why I'm so entranced by XB in a later post, but all that needs to be said is that it has the most unique setting I've ever seen.
Describing the setting, it sounds like High Fantasy garbage. When you get into the technicalities of what the setting actually is, it actually lives up to its Sci-fi setting and it reminds me of a lot of creation myths I've heard to describe the Christian god.

That's another thing, XB is basically just a mature, much more subdued take on what they already tried to do with Xenosaga & Xenogears. They got rid of all of the Jewish & Christian name terminlogy though (since they finally realized just how poltiically charged those naming conventions are when exposed to Western audiences, to the point that most Westerners turn their brains off when certain Jewish & Christian phrases are spoken.) and instead came up with their own in-game terminlogy which describes similar things.

The end result is a setting that I suspect is actually a Post-Apoclypse, but it's in an advance Post-Apocalypse where there's already several thriving nations. The most unique part is that instead of continents, what we have are flying monsters that people live on, and 97% of the world is water.
The first time I died in XB2 Torna was coz I fell off of the fucking Titan, :lol: It was made even more hilarious when Lora came back to life and she said "I blame that one on gravity."
I was expecting XB2 to act like a normal game, and lock me behind invisible walls but it's like Dark Souls. If you can see it, you can go to it. Except you can actually climb in XB2 since it's basically the same exact map tech as BOTW.

Juding from spoilers I've seen (coz google sucks ass and puts spoilers in their fucking Autosearch_
It seems as though Earth did exist in XB's setting but the XB games themselves exist several thousand years after Earth's passing and what you're playing on is the new reality that replaced it.

They seemingly had a SMT nocturne conception type of an event before XB1 ever happened and XB1 & XB2 are the opposite dimensions of each other. This is why Shulk & Fiora from XB1 are in XB2 and why you can even have Kos Mos from XenoSaga fighting along side you.
I like the setting coz it reminds me of the Occultist belief of Earth as a living being. XB takes that same angle, but they make it into a literal beast that you live on.

As per smash ultimate, what do you think of Byleth's addition? I didn't really give a shit about any of the DLC characters outside of Banjo, and Terry because he's legitimately fun to play as. Joker was boring and I completely forgot who the fourth character was lol. I had to check, and yeah I'm glad Hero is in but I didn't have any fun playing as him either.

I hated her inclusion when she was announced, but I fucking love her gameplay, and her big tits and she's my new main. She hits harder than Bowser & Ganondorf :lol: :lol: . Her Bow and Edel's Axe are 1 hit kills, yet all over the net I'm seeing fags labeling her as Bottom tier just coz she's slow.
At the other forum and at gamefags I wrote a long TLDR post explaining why the Smash Tourney scene is a fucking joke. I'll quote it later.

Joker is actually considered as the Top Tier for some reason, but I'm personally not seeing it. he sucks ass, except for his one littler stupid ass persona gimmick. The hype over him is similar to the hype over Morrigan in MvC3. Just coz one loser consistently plays good with him, they automatically think that everyone can. When that's just not the case. Lucina is far closer to being the true top tier since near anyone can pull off what she does by putting the least amount of effort.

That's what top tier is supposed to be, Top Tier refers to characters that you can easily win with, while barely doing anything at all.
I don't know how the fuck Joker gets inserted into that conversation when you actually have to put a lot of effort into getting good with him.
You have to put in as much effort with Joker, as you do with Bayonetta just to do some decent dmg.
It's a shame the online game is pretty much unplayable, because everyone is a slave to the online meta and refuses to have any fun. Thankfully I tend to play the game with IRL friends instead. (Same with MK8DX, but I suck at that game lmao.)
This was actually my response to the claims of Joker as being this unstoppable god and that Byleth is supposedly just trash, just coz Smash Pros say so.
Byleth is as fun as fuck. I'm actually laughing that the Competitive Smash scene is telling everyone she sucks.
Fuck the Smash Tourney scene.
This is and has always been a terrible excuse to determine if a character is bad. You dont need to be a pro to see certain characters are better than others. This is regardless if Byleth is good or not.

People who fall on this excuse are the same people who main high tier or top tiers, and try to make themselves feel better by claiming tiers dont matter. They also tend to pretend they dont care about tiers while claiming they main some mid tier or lower.
Blah blah blah blah.

I couldn't care less. Smash Bros tourney scene is a joke anyway coz you cats just make a up a bunch of stupid rules that we all have to abide by.
The funny part is that the rules that the Smash tourney scene come up with, are like a parody of actual fighting games, except you strip all of the fun parts from the game out of it.

Making is so that we're forced to play some boring ass poking, footsies game which bores the hell out of me coz Smash was never meant to be played like a traditional 1vs1 fighter and it shows by virtue of how limited the movesets are when compared to traditional fighters.'

I suck ass at 'Tourney' style Smash, but I don't care coz I don't view it as legitimate. Too bad Smash Tourneys actually make more money than proper Fighting game tourneys do. It's weird coz it's based around a rule set that Nintendo didn't make. I can't think of a single fighting game that does that.

If Smash scrubs were alive during the days of Street Fighter 2, Smash-scrubs would've outlawwed throwing, outlaw corners, and banned Guile.
It's the completely opposite of the fighting game philosophy. The FGC philosophy is usually, if it's in the game, you're allowed to use it. In Smash Tourney, you have to follow all of these stupid protocols that it's amazing to me that millions of people actually go along with it.

It's like playing 4-square, but you added in a bunch of rules to make it play more like Football, which is impossible and that's exactly the case with Smash. The tourney scene tries so hard to mimic a traditional fighter but it just feels like I'm playing a shell of a game with all of the fun crap stripped out of it.
They also tend to pretend they dont care about tiers while claiming they main some mid tier or lower.
Lucina is one of my mains, which I've heard is considered top tier in the West. i don't care what tier she is. I'm good with her because to me, she plays the most like a proper fighting game character. She has footsies that instantly connect on command and I can hit with her up special 9 times out of 10.

That's the problem though. I shouldn't have to out play an opponent, more than 3 times just to get a win.

This is a problem inherent with SMash's goofy ass tourney ruleset.
In a real fighting game, you die if you get hit by the shoryuken more than 3 times, and you die if you get hit by the spinning pile driver at least twice.

In Smash Bros, I have to hit with her up special about 50 times before it finally lands a kill so in most cases you have to switch over to a forward or up smash to finish them off when in a normal fighter, I would'v already won coz I made the stupid chump jump into my range more than 3x in a row, lol.

That's just me ranting. I love playing Casual Smash Bros, which feels like a FPS Deathmatch style game, even down to the random items, but then I'm confused as hell with how the actual tourney scene, ignores the obvious FPS-deathmatch similarities that Smash has, in favor of some stupid ruleset that pretends to be a 1vs1 fighting game, when it plays nothing like an actual fighting game. Real fighitng games don't give you as many chances to screw up as competitive Smash does.

Fortunately for Smash. The Fighting game scene is practically dead, with Smash Tourneys being the only fg scene that's keeping the genre alive, despite how it plays nothing like a competitive fighting game.
I'm planning to get Daemon X Machina (played the demo and loved it. Just didn't have any time to play it yet really.) and Astral Chain if it ever goes down in price. I'm not sure I'll like it so I definetly don't want to spend a full 60€ on it.
Astral Chain & Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 both sold over a million copies. This means that every Nintendo exclusive last year has sold over a million except for Daemon X machina. A shame, I don't know what could've been done to improve that game's sales. It was a good game, but it lacks content.
MUA3 could've easily been in that position but it has tons of content, not as much as Smash Bros, but it has more content than most games.
The problem is that you have to treat MUA3 like an Overwatch style game, in the sense that you're just endlessly killing the same idiots & repeating the same battles over & over to unlock new shit.
The grind is fun though if you like the combat. I like watching all of the explosions & shit. I also like how I can have Thanos & Colossus & Hulk specced (through ISO) to do nothing but act as walking meat shields as I control Phoenix and nuke the fuck out of everyone.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
DaRealEvilone
Giant Smile

Post by DaRealEvilone »

Btw edit
Deamonxmachina was announced for pc
Wonderful101 crowdfundung reached for pc switch and ps4

I got me fe3houses
Haven't started it yet, if it looka like a ps2 game well that is mean reason I dislike xenoblade2.
My main complaint for xeno2, if you play it on portable mode and I say myself "after years of gaming development and this is the result "
And even after updates, optimization hasn't been fixed I read. It annoys me because I know Nintendo can do more.
Comparing Mario kart 8 to Mario kart gamecube isn't accurate. Maybe you are confused because imo Mario kart double dash gamecube is the most innovative Mario kart there is, two players in one kart, one drivez and other uses items like strategic
White Mario kart 8 has auto drive like mobile gaming lol
About Super Mario odyssey
Its an amazing game but as you described Nintendo games, it starts easy and you can beat it pretty quick, if you want challenge you can still go get more difficult moons overall game feels like its the top of 3d platform games, people go expect an out of this world experience when there is nothing to expect its a 3d world platformer, this genre was already established with super Mario 64 and banjo kazooie, hat in time just feel like mario 64 but because it has different characters everyone claim it as new, its a great game but not an out this world experience

About smash, i suck at the game, glad banjo got in so I can get the amiibo
Just pm when goku and naruto gets announced

wiregrind
Camellia Smile

Post by wiregrind »

I'm really looking forward for SMTV, but atlus takes forever in releasing games, for Persona5 they started teasing it in what 2013? Maybe 2012, it ended up coming out in 2017. Too bad Kazuma Kaneko isn't around anymore for the character designs, I prefer his style over Persona's anime drawings that they're using now. Kaneko's stuff is something so unique you don't see anywhere else, I think he peaked in his Raidou games for PS2. He has a very non-standard style, similar to how unique Hirohiko Araki's style is. They do their own thing and don't care what's the current trend in anime.
Smash, DaemonXMachina and AstralChain are really some of the best games you can get. In DXM if you play multiplayer you can even swap mechs with your friend for a test drive. For ports to play in portable mode I think you can't go wrong with Garou and maybe Street Fighter III, even though Capcom prices their ports way too high, Garou is cheap from what I remember.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

You know what cracks me up. I never see any of you fags from this website, logged into the Switch.
WHen Pokemon first came out, nearly everyone on my list was playing it at the same time.
I've gotten a big influx of adds from Friday the 13th.
I got me fe3houses
Haven't started it yet, if it looka like a ps2 game well that is mean reason I dislike xenoblade2.
I told you FE's gfx look like PS1 shit. I disagree that XB2 looks like a PS2 game. FE3H has jaggy as fuck gfx and everything is so flat. There's like no textures at all, aside for the anime characters pasted over simplified polygons.

WTF PS2 games have you been playing? XB2 looks better than most PS4 Jrpgs, let alone PS3 jrpgs. XB2 doesn't even have jaggies, at least not from what I've seen. Have you ever fucking played a Tales of Xillia or any PS3/PS4 Tales game? Those games have flat polygons and lifeless copy & pasted enviornments. Xenoblade 2 & Torna have some of the most organic & lived in enviornments I've ever seen in a game, and could easily be compared to Witcher 3, Breath of the Wild & Dark SoulsBorne level design. BOTW doesn't really count though since Monolithsoft actually worked on BOTW's world map. Xenoblade 2 is using the same exact tech.

You think this is PS2? Pyra's Ass has more polygons than The Bouncer had on screen
LOL XB2 had thongs. You know how fucking weird Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 looks coz none of the girls are wearing their traditional thongs? Scarlet Witch, Psylocke & CapN Marvel are all wearing grandma underwear, :lol: :lol: :lol: :evil:

Try playing Ys 8, now that looks like a PS2 game, everything is so flat. (Actually all Falcom games look like PS2.)

Xenoblade 2 looks really great in motion coz of the sheer scale of how large the levels are and coz of how alive & active the levels are.
You actually feel like you're traversing a living enviornment coz you're seeing wild life flying around, or running everywhere living their lives.
I thought it was cool how in XB2 & Torna, most of the wild life actually ignores you. It makes the setting feel far more realistic.

Then compare XB2 to something like Tales of Berseria where the stages are really small, with corridor-like map design and there's barely anything going on. Each level is just you and tons of monsters to kill.

Now look at how alive & lived in Xenoblade 2 looks. Only Witcher 3 & Breath of the Wild compare to XB2's large sense of scale.

I actually give Xenoblade 2 a 9 out of 10 from what I played so far.
I don't even like Jrpgs but I like XB2 coz it plays like Baldur's Gate. The sense of scale & epic adventure reminds me of a Gamearts game but the combat feels like a real time strategy game, and comes across like a modernized, but different take on Dragon Age Origins.
When people claim that XB games are very Western influenced, they're not playing, it really does play like an old school Western rpg from the 90s, but the story telling feels like a Jrpg from the 90s. There's a shit ton of sexual jokes in XB2, that I believe are the same type of jokes that got banned from the USA version of Trails of Cold Steel 3.

Yeah man, there is something really wrong with the West's social dynamics these days. It's like you're not allowed to be playful towards women anymore. You're expected to cower or something like some simp.
My main complaint for xeno2, if you play it on portable mode and I say myself "after years of gaming development and this is the result "
The gfx still don't look PS2 at all to me, even in portable. You must've forgot what PS2 games actually looked liked, coz I don't recall PS2 games having realtime weather effects, a day night system with real time lighting & shadows and a huge streamed map.
Rogue Galaxy had streamed worlds, but every single level was copy & pasted. Xenoblade 2 is entirely hand crafted.

What I will agree with is that the portable's optimization sucks. XB2 in portable moves as slow as Fire Emblem.
Xb2 while docked, looks good though. Easily one of the best looking exclusives on the system.
And even after updates, optimization hasn't been fixed I read. It annoys me because I know Nintendo can do more.
Who fucking cares? It's a rpg, they don't need to be at 60 fps. Torna's optimization is much better but who cares when I think XB2 is the better game. (They're both fucking good, but XB2 feels like a more complete package.)
I actually don't understand why so many people claim that Torna is better. I heard that the story & combat were supposedly better but Torna's combat feels over-simplified. I like how in XB2, positioning and knowing when to use your skills matters since the main way you refill life is if you cancel an attack at the right moment so you can spawn more than 1 life potion on the ground.
In Torna, when you're about to die you just switch to a different character, lol. Torna's plot is interesting, only due to how it elaborates more on XB2's past. The actual characters from Torna are pretty bland though, except for XB2's Sephiroth, Jin who actually does come off like a good guy in Torna.

I honestly think Torna is considered 'better' coz a lot of internet faggots just hate Rex's design, and prefer Lora coz she's a cute girl, lol. Lora is a fucking boring character though. She
Spoiler
just exists, to die
:lol:
Spoiler
. Dying
is the only thing that makes her interesting. Rex is much more amusing to me, coz he's this dumbass kid who gets caught up in a war having to fight off all sides when all he wants to do is bring his waifu-in-a-thong to Elysium. (Their version of the Garden of Eden.)
Comparing Mario kart 8 to Mario kart gamecube isn't accurate. Maybe you are confused because imo Mario kart double dash gamecube is the most innovative Mario kart there is, two players in one kart, one drivez and other uses items like strategic
Yeah you're right. I just thought of the gaycube version coz the level that I hate the most in MK8 is from the gaycube game. That baby toddler level which is shorter than all of the other stages. Well MK8 doesn't feel that different from MK 3ds. For some reason I actually liked the 3ds version better. I was really good at that game, but for some reason I always drive off of the stage in MK8 when that damn auto drive assist thing isn't on. It's on by default too which really threw me off.

He has a very non-standard style, similar to how unique Hirohiko Araki's style is. They do their own thing and don't care what's the current trend in anime.
Kaneko's style was fairly standard, in the 90s. Or at least his SMT - Persona 1 era was the standard. JoJo's artstyle looks more similar to Tomomi Kobayashi.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
wiregrind
Camellia Smile

Post by wiregrind »

Jack wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:32 pmKaneko's style was fairly standard, in the 90s. Or at least his SMT - Persona 1 era was the standard. JoJo's artstyle looks more similar to Tomomi Kobayashi.
Yes but their 00s stuff:
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
Amazing stuff. Their drawings look like sculptures.

XC2 has some nice reflections and the cloud sea look amazing. Also the gameplay is very interesting to figure out.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Yes but their 00s stuff:
Amazing stuff. Their drawings look like sculptures.
I wasn't saying that as an insult. I like 90s anime & preferred Kaneko's style back when they actually looked human. From his newer style, I've only really liked his Maken Shao X stuff, back when he heavily infused his work with Gothic subcultures.
I loved Megaten art back when Soejima was just doing human-looking versions of Kaneko's art.

The newer stuff just looks like mannequins to me. Kaneko's designs during that era, look so asexual & flat. I prefer Tomomi coz her girls look like women
& her guys look manly. (Although she draws a lot of girly looking guys too.)

Jojo's art style was just the Anime style of the 80s & early 90s.

Games like Street Fighter look very similar coz it's based off of the same art style.
Kinda strange to compare Jojo to Kaneko, coz Kaneko is a much more precise artist who seems to draw things with as few lines as possible which is why his art looks fairly simplistic.
XC2 has some nice reflections and the cloud sea look amazing.
I'm trying to illustrate just how organic the world feels. This is why I directly point to Tales of... or even Ys 8 which clearly look & feel like PS2 games because even the level structure is small & segmented like a PS2 product. You're constantly loading new screens.
XB2 doesn't feel like a PS2 game, coz it functions more Grand Theft Auto 4. You just turn it on and then you go out and explore, exactly like BOTW. (A game that the XB2 team also worked on.)

Xenoblade 2 only loads whenever you enter a new world, but each Titan is entirely streamed and the worlds are huge. Every map seem to be bigger than Skyrim's map. It's not just the square miles that makes them huge either, it's also the traversal & underground aspects of the Titans that you explore.

If you see it in the background, you can actually travel to it. You'll may kill yourself doing but you're given the freedom to explore everything that you see. You sometimes even see the Titan's head in the background.
There's even a weather system which simulates Titan movement, making it so that some aspects of the Titant are unaccessible to the rising sky line of the cloud sea.

I wish there were a free roam video that shows off just how beautiful and expansive Torna's enviornments are.

I like that added detail, how Torna looks vibrant & colorful but XB2 looks somewhat drab in comparison. It's similar to Witcher 3 where you waste 100 hours at a 3rd world looking city, only to get to the final dlc where you waste another 80 hours in a Renaissance-fair looking city.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

I got me fe3houses
Was it Smash Bros Ultimate that finally made you decide to get FE3H? I could understand coz they Byleth-gurl look really good in that, and the new Fire Emblem stage looked good too, and the new music is amazing. It just must be funny expecting a game that looks as good as Smash does, only to get the jaggy fest that is FE3H.
At least Xenoblade 2 looks close to the same quality as Smash Bros, just in 30fps or less instead of 60.
Also the gameplay is very interesting to figure out.
The beauty of the gameplay for me, is how smoothly it actually plays once you finally understand how to play it. I don't agree with the IGN review which states that the game disrespects the players' time.

On a base level, the combat is no different from Baldur's Gate. You're just standing around watching the CPU pound each other, as you activate cooldown commands.
XB2's twist is that you can constantly attack by switching through your 3 blades to keep a combo going.

I have Rex set up with Pyra as his main for close range, Perun for mid range and Azami for long range shooting whenever he has to walk out of formation to pick up a healing potion.
When you have your team set up for specific tasks, the battles actually go by fast.
IGN only took forever just to kill some lousy bugs or some shit, coz as usual, IGN doesn't know what they're talking about and they just stuck to the default blade, not realizing that you can just switch to a different one who already has fresh cool downs while you're waiting for you main to recuperate.

BTW this beat em ups queer is such a pleb. Get a haircut, dweeb. Them earrings. I'll never understand these weird people who butcher their apperance just to stand out.

I don't understand how anyone could hate XB2 but actually like Torna, when they're basically the same game.
Torna just over simplifies the combat to superficially resemble a beat em up.
Now granted his name is Beat em ups (A shame that's one of my fave genres) so of course he's going to prefer the one that superficially feels like a Beat em up.

It just doesn't make sense to me, I feel that I actually have less control in Torna coz your entire party kicks ass from the very start of the game. What am I actually managing? Even Life regen is pointless coz you can just switch to a different character who already has a fresh lifebar, AYY LMAO! :roll:

I must be that rare breed who likes Torna, but thinks XB2 is way better. I've always heard that XB2 is a waste of time & that Torna is a much better game. Torna is better looking game and has slightly better music, but the gameplay is way better in XB2 due to much less padding, and a battle system that actually doesn't play itself for you.

EDIT: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/18 ... h/77872217
I'm so sick of seeing their faces every time I wanna look stuff up about the Switch, with cleared cookies/history and not logged into anything. What the hell is up with these two? How does BeatEmUp get so many views when his entire shtick is the same stupid reaction face on the thumbnail and bottom of the barrel TOP LIST every day, what the hell? RGT 85 is the same stupid face same stupid reaction thumbnail crap.

https://i.imgtc.ws/CekH79L.png

The absolute worst YouTube personalities pushed hard for Nintendo Switch content on YouTube. I just wanna rant, OK? I am sick of it, every time I am eating lunch or dinner and I wanna look up Switch content/news/reviews I get nothing but these two idiot waste of breath guys. The same script, the same face, you watch one video you've watched them all. No insider information, no actual tech background, but goddamn they'll have a 20 minute video about the Switch Lite up in record speed like they're an authority figure about tech specs.

600,000 views making the same OMG SWITCH TOP LIST OF WHATEVER content, every other day, same stupid thumbnail face, good grief. And yeeees guys I do delete and reset the cookies/history on the web browsers and TV, the default "trending" search results for the Switch defaults to these two jackasses know-nothings and their 10 minute filler breath of themselves droning on about nothing.
I unsubbed to a lot of Switch channels but unsubbed to nearly all of them precisely due to that.

I use Playeressence for the basic gestalt on the Switch. He's actually the reason why I took a chance on Xenoblade 2 coz he loves it so much. It got me thinking, if an unerdy, athletic 40 something year old (but looks 30) Black dude like him likes it, maybe it actually is good. Why would a guy like him waste so much time on such nerdy looking games if they weren't actually that damn good?

I disagree with him claiming that Torna is the best place to start (although his points are valid, it's the cheapeast & most up to date XB game.), but at the same time it is good advice coz it's the most likely to give you a great impression upon first play. Me personally, I knew I liked XB2 better, the moment you get Pyra into your party.
THe cinematics from that scene was fucking crazy.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

I got me KosMos.
I actually think she's a bit stronger than Pyra/Mythra. Pyra/Mythra are much faster when it comes to overall dmg, but Kosmos has that tier 2 special which not only does large amounts of dmg, it also heals your entire party.
I've only played Xenosaga 3, so I'm not too falmiliar with Kosmos, other than she's supposed to be the Miang (A powerful & influential Goddess type of character.) of Xenosaga, similar to how Pyra/Mythra are the Miang of Xenoblade.

About the only Blade I'm missing is that Huge titty Blue skinned chick that a lot of Western cucks always cry about.
Did you know that most Non-White nations actually laugh at America's obsession with Trannies? A lot of pornsites actually have 'Shemale' as one of the most searched results in the USA, :lol: :twisted: .

XB2 def in my Top No. 1 games for Switch, alongside Smash Bros. Guess I'll have to finally jump on the BOTW bandwagon since I still don't know when the fuck XB Definitive is coming out. BOTW is the one other game that the Xeno team worked on, on Switch.

Too bad Byleth's actual game doesn't look as good as she does in Smash.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage