Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Re: NintenDOMINATION

Post by Jack »

DaRealEvilone wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:36 pm Jack ,can you post the gif where asians girls laughing at one and even pointing to one?

Is hilarious cannot find it
Look at this faggot!
Is that the chick in the Cammy gif? I need to check out more on that one...
yup.
She's the ass n tits on the left
She was in Yakuza 6. I lol'd when it came state side coz so many girls in comments sections & forums were calling her ugly as fuck. I'm like really? She's a 10 motherfucka.
Reminds me of that meme where a horde of White girls were calling some Oriental looking Russian Athlete chick ugly or avg looking when it's plainly obvious that they're intimidated by her beauty lol.
I'd say that is unlikely simply because Nintendo has never really given a flying fuck what its customers actually wanted, though i guess things are kind of different now.
Buying advertisments or scores isn't catering to customers though. That's catering to Nintendo's top dollar and it seems to have paid off coz Dread is getting a bunch of exaggerated 10 out of 10 & 9 scores and the metacritic was at 88 as of now.
I was getting the game no matter what but everything I've seen looks more like low 80s to me.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1167546904
The best combat & movement that Metroid has ever had but at the price of atmosphere.
The atmosphere is Fusion tier (no shock there, Mercury Steam originally wanted to do a remake on Fusion anyway but got employed to do Returns instead.)
The level design is better than Fusion, but nowhere near the same league as Zero Mission & Supe.
The best Dread song is of course a Super Metroid remix (of my fave track, Lower Brinstar) but you only hear it during exposition scenes. It's also just the same exact composition that they used for Returns. Which was a good rendition, but it's similar to how Hyrule Warriors used the BOTW remix of LTTP's Hyrul Castle but only for exposition scenes.
The fact that Zero Suit Samus or under garment Samus isn't in the endings at all outside of death animation really kills the replay value, but that was bound to happen due to American trannies always crying about everything.

Fire Emblem Three Houses mc score was already at lower 80 around this time of pre release.
FE3H also did not have the same marketing onslaught that Dread did. Nintendo even wasted the time to license a Miyavi song (Probably the most popular Jrocker currently alive next to Larc En Ciel & Gackt Kamui.) for the Japanese Dread Ads. This is what I mean when I claim that this isn't normal for Nintendo.

I still doubt that Dread will sell anywhere beyond mid to high 3 million range. Castlevania games themselves hardly ever sell over 1 million and the best selling CV was also made by MercurySteam, but only sold at 1.75 million copies.
Nintendo has a vested interest in making Metroid a top seller once again coz rumors state that they plan to release a Metroid Prime 1 remake & release Metroid Prime 2 & 3 as stand-alone remasters similar to what they did with Skyward Sword HD. I normally don't trust Nintendo rumors at all, but this seems plausible to me just due to how much advertising they've been doing for Metroid. They have a different & specific ad campaign for all of the main Nintendo regional markets. In EU, they make Metroid look soccer related for some reason lol. That's not normal for the Big N. Big N's m.o. is to spend as little as possible to make the most profit from the least amount of effort. Mario 3d All Stars being one of the best, most recent examples of that tactic. Big N didn't advertise 3d All Stars at all, they just said it was limited & they nearly sold 10 million copies of it. Even I had a copy, but I had to get rid of it along with 3d World coz I didn't have enough money for Rise. (I'm still playing the fuck out of Rise despite the disappointing ass endgame.)
I find that 3d Marios aren't that replayable anyway. It's the opposite for me with 3d Zelda, where I think 3d Zeldas are just as replayable as the 2d zeldas.
You got Sakurai added popular characters that people whine about to smash and Aonuma pandering to fucking everyone first with the bland non-linear dungeons with no depth, then the Skyrim style open world (that one always irked me, because I always consider Zelda to not only be open world, but open world done properly), and making a female Link.
Ridley & King K Rool were cool additions though. I couldn't care less about Banjo and every other character that was begged for only got a mii costume at best like Shantae & even Doomguy. Geno & Porky didn't make it at all, & I'm gleeful coz fans of niche Rpgs are the most annoying fucking faggots who play Smash.
I'm so glad that Doomguy didn't get in, I fucking hate his Zoomer fanbase who act as if he's more iconic than Kazuya when Kazuya's games have always sold way more copies than any Doom game. Doomguy was cool back when he was just an angry ass normal sized 5'10 guy who went John Wick on hell coz they killed his pet rabbit. Now He's the 6'11 DoomSlayer and he's supposedly some legendary warrior of ancient demon prophecy. fuck that shit. Fans have ruined what was once a comedic concept and turned him into a wish-fulfillment fantasy. Not that I have a problem with that. I just don't like Doomguy being that when the entire reason he was called Doomguy is coz he was just a guy.

Sora was lame but he was the best choice, since everyone else would've got mass dislikes. I personally would've wanted Resident Evil Leon (owing to RE4's Gamecube roots) with RE4-6 character designs. I was expecting Monster Hunter or the Chozo Warrior from Dread since Nintendo always goes for shill picks.

The hilarious part about BOTW is that although it's a shitty openworld meme, in the same vein as an Ubisoft game. It's also one of the better openworld games, because the actual movement & interaction is actually rather in-depth & complex. BOTW also does a lot of twists to the openworld formula that Ubishit popularized such as how every single BOTW tower has a different gimmick to impede you from making it to the top. In Ubishit games, you just go through the same copy & pasted tower but with different enemies lol.
Most openworld games don't have you experimenting with physics like BOTW does.
Most openworld games play out like some shitty Beth-Fallout where you're just walking & delivering items like a fucking postman.
I Expect he'll fully cave to the SJWs and make Zelda the hero of the next game
Nintendo has caved in to SJW pressure over the years, Nintendo just does a pushback sometimes & labels LGBT as political (It really isn't but Americans make it political.) so they haven't gone full woke like Soyny has, and I doubt they ever will since Japan & Asia are their main markets. They treat everyone else like we don't matter, but I can't blame them. Look at what happened to Sony who always sucked up to Americans only to be taken over by soylatte Americans. I went with Sony ever since Squaresoft did back in the 90s, but I was so fucking bored with PS4 games that I ditched that system after a year & a half. I got so fucking annoyed at how ugly the characters are in PS4 games that I switched over to Switch where their females look like women and their men also look like women (Link), but hey at least there's Mario. Meanwhile on Switch, I have plenty of games that I enjoy, nearly all of them are Nintendo made though.

In Animal Crossing & MH Rise, you don't choose a gender in the American version.
Rune Factory 5 was delayed in the West coz they had to add in gays for the Americans. When the hell did the USA become so gay?
Nintendo was also recently forced to take down a tweet of Snake staring at Samus's ass.
https://kotaku.com/nintendo-deletes-hor ... 1847792934
The fuck is wrong with Americans? They're a bunch of sexless no fun losers, which is amusing coz they always label all their detractors as incels lol.
Damn, she got a thick ass. Reminds me of this Japanese girl who are part of a group of foreign exchange students that attended my University. She was the shortest one of them, but had the biggest booty.
I mostly ever see that exaggerated physique on short bitches, with 5'2 being the tallest. In the USA, it's usually midget ass Latinas with that build but the Japs have prettier faces. That same ass & tits on a tallish 5'7-5'11 women just makes them look athletic & fairly slim since the ass & tits is much more proportioned to their height.
Although Anri Okita is one of those rare ones who's almost 5'7 but still has gigantic tits & ass with a skinny tummy & waist.
The people who are native to East Russia also look very Asiatic, but they don't classify them as East Asia.
Yeah, Slavs. That's what I meant when I said that Rogue Company's Phantom looks the most Japanese (as in modern Yayoi+Jomon hybrid Japanese), but she's actually White, so I called her a Slav. A large portion of that region were raped to fuck by the Mongols. Similar to how the Spaniards raped the fuck out of the Americas.
Similar things happened with the natives of Taiwan as well.
Taiwan, Philippines & Japan were all originally Austronesian. (Although the Flips were a Black variant who looked Black, but were actually Austronesian.) Taiwan has been completely taken over by Chinese. Japan was taken over by a people who came from Korea, but they're not Korean. They also left enough indigenous alive that most Japs are already mixed raced with them anyway. Jap history is fucking confusing coz Queen Himiko is the earliest known founder of the Japs, but she's always depicted as a Hybrid-race when it's obvious that she lead over a tribe of indigenous hairy people.
Phillipines has the craziest history coz I think they were first invaded by the Muslims, then the Chinese came & took them over, then the Spanish completely fucking conquered them, USA then took them over, Japan came in & killed nearly everyone, USA came back and kicked the japs out, then finally the Filipinos kicked out the Americans but they're still being ruled over by wealthy Chinese & Spanish families, as well as prominent Castizo bloodlines.

I guess that's the price you pay when you live on a bunch of rocks with bountiful resources. I think that's the one thing that saves Japan, Japan has fucking nothing in terms of natural resources so nobody ever fights over it lol. The only thing Japan has is its unique culture. South Korea is prob the most similar but even they feel completely different & Americanized when compared to Japs.
I didn't say the shit was Demon Souls, lol, but it did require more than just pointing and shooting.
Ironically Dread is looking like Demons Souls lol.

https://streamable.com/kia5sc
Well more accurately it reminds me of Megaman X & Zero, but that's all Monster Hunter & Souls combat is anyway, Megaman boss patterns in 3d.
Even Dread's Kraid looks to be the hardest Kraid that's ever existed. No one has uploaded any youtube vids yet, but I've seen streams & streamables, even the normal enemies put up a fight and makes the game look more like Megaman. Which is a good thing. It's just too bad that Megaman's actual Metroid style games were shit, but that was due to crappy ass level design. I always wanted a Metroid style game with MegamanX/Zero style combat & Dread looks to be that game.

I've been playing Supe & Fusion for the past 2 or 3 days, it really didn't seem hard or anything at all. The combat is extremely basic and easily the worst part of Metroid. (Although Zero & Fusion are still fun to me. Supe is finally showing its age to me. Combat is just shit)
Now with Dread, I'm seeing full blown moves being cancelled out & a constant back & forth with just normal Chozo enemies.

I love the expanded lore in Dread. They turned the Chozo into a hybrid of Alien 1's Engineers & the Predator, and it fucking works. At least Nintendo still kept Chozo's mystique intact. The Engineer Elephant men of Alien got turned into generic Albino White boy WWE wrestling giants in Promotheus. Elephant men would've been way more awesome.
Also Dread added in some influences from another famous Sci Fi ip (it's prob kinda obvious considering that Samus is a female bounty hunter, which other American Sci Fi property has a female bounty hunter? That's the one that Dread is copying lol.), I'd mention which but it just gives away the plot twist, and I think the plot twist is fucking badass coz it somehow wraps up Zero Mission, SR, Super, Fusion & Dread into one continuous plot that was planned from the start. It's amazing to me how the plot is so well connected. The only thing I dislike is the slight retcon on The Baby, but it works. It adds a scientific explanation to The Baby's connection with Samus, although I still prefer the imprinting and it doesn't disprove the imprinting. There's just a more science based explanation now.
Its couldn't handle the heavy loads that the Genesis could.
No doubt. Look at how shitty SNES beat em ups are. I've never played one that had more than 3 enemies on screen. If a SNES beat em up did have more than 3 or 4 enemies on screen it's coz the sprites were tiny.
Unlike with Sega where Streets of Rage 2 & 3 were the closest we could get to an Arcade-tier Capcom beat em up at home during the 90s. Close enough to the point that a lot of people still believe that SOR were arcade games. What's amusing is that SOR is way better than Sega's actual Arcade beat em ups. Golden Axe 3 really doesn't get the respect it deserves, not only did it have smart ai that you had to strategically beat down, but you also had the ability to block and input Street fighter style move notations for special moves. GA3 is damn near everything that everyone claims SOR2 is. Streets of Rage 2 is the way better game no doubt, but it's due to level design & pacing. GA3 has the same problem as SOR3 where the pacing is so fucking slow & tedious that it makes the game look bad since you're repettitively killing the same hordes over & over whereas SOR2 felt like a beat em up version of Strider Arcade, there was always a cinematic setpiece to play through.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

(There's supposed to be an animated GIF here, of Mario rapping but it won't fucking load)
https://i.postimg.cc/DzsWccwq/mariorap.gif

I've been playing the shit out of Metroid Dread, beat it in 7 hours (coz I got lost. I beat Zero Mission in 3 hours on my first try. I was thrown off by the stealth part.), and still playing it. It lives up to the hype.
Especially if you're into old school 80s/early 90s games. Dread feels way more like a Turrican/Contra/Alien Soldier/Metroid hybrid, than a typical metroid game. I knew Dread was going to be good, but I just thought it was going to be a Metroid game. I wasn't expecting a balls to the wall action game of comparable magnitude to the likes of Alien Soldier.

Metroid Dread's battles actually do get as intense as that.

(I went with BeardBear's vid coz that Boss Fight Database guy fucking sucks at this game. The Boss Fight guy just spams the same move over & over, even though it'd be more optimal to just use your wave beam or missiles during movement.)
Dread finally fixed the traditionally shitty ass Metroid combat, so now it feels like I'm speed blitzing through stages like in Alien Soldier. If only Alien Soldier had Metroid's exploration. Metroid Dread has some of the best feeling & fluid controls that I've experienced from a modern action game. Granted it's due to how Dread is so damn retro. It made me realize though, that I'd happily pay $60 (Just like the NES era) to play more NES & SNES style games like Ninja Gaiden NES trilogy, Vice Project Doom, Strider, Shatterhand, etc. with modern day gfx. I prefer the SNES synth chiptunes though. The composition of Dread is actually similar to Super, it just doesn't sound as atmospheric, because it's missing that John Carpenter vibe from the music that every 2d Metroid had up until Dread. The music here sounds more like the Prime games & SR Remake.

I love how at the end of the game, Samus awakens her ability to do an infinite ammo version of her Smash Bros Ultimate Zero Laser attack.
She turns the final boss phase 4 (who looks badass as fuck.) into a joke due to her infinite ultimate attack.
I love the twist on the 'escape from the planet within 2 minutes before it explodes', coz you just blow up a path to the exit with her Smash Ultimate, lol.
She actually becomes so damn powerful that she couldn't get off the planet coz she'd MetroidTHEBABY-absorb the ship.
Surprisingly, they don't talk about THE BABY at all. Although there's plenty of references, but they don't ever directly talk about THE BABY. Shit, Samus only has one spoken line throughout the entire game, and she speaks it in Chozo Birdanese.

The final boss makes every other enemy that she's ever fought, look like a chump. He's still easy when compared to proper Megaman Zero bosses, but I just replay the shit out of the final boss encounter over & over again coz it's so well designed. You fight through a 5 boss gauntlet, but only the first four are real fights. By the time the final fight happens, the final boss turns into a gigantic X-infected Kaiju monster, and Samus turns into a full blown Metroid Kamen Rider looking thing.

I'm really shocked that this wasn't the original Sakomoto script from 2006, coz the actual plot that MercurySteam wrote for Dread blends in so well with the rest of the series that I can't imagine the story playing out any other way. Dread makes it look as though the rest of the series were build up into a climatic confrontation with renegade Chozo. We finally get to know who the Chozo are. Unlike Prometheus/Alien's Engineers, Nintendo doesn't fuck up their own lore. The Chozo are still mysterious as fuck.
I don't know why, but for some reason it's badass as hell finding out that the Chozo are actually similar to the Predator Alien race.
You fight a fucking army of them in Drrad, and every single fight with a Chozo is awesome as hell.
They didn't turn the Chozo into evil beings or anything. It's like Earth, some Chozo tribes are good, some are bad.

BTW I'm the only person playing Metroid Dread in my fwend list. Well I & some other dude. There was actually way more people playing that NMH3 trash, even though most of them dropped it after the first hour.
I'm shocked though, coz half the peeps in my frwend list have names like "MetroidFan" and damn near everyone has a Samus avatar but ain't nobody fucking playing Metroid. Ur loss faggots. What? U faggots too good for $60 2d games? If anything, Dread proves to me that 2d games are way better than modern Cinematic trash. Dread itself is still very cinematic, and the cinematic parts stand out as a result of the 2d perspective. Kinda like NES Ninja Gaiden I guess. Speaking of which, I never get bored of 2d Ninja Gaiden, but 3d Ninja Gaiden I don't like anywhere near as much. I love the art design, but 3d NG's gameplay gets really tedious. That's why the best 3d one was NG1, which played like quasi-Metroid.

If you grew up on oldschhool NES & Genesis games back before SNES existed, you'll love Dread. The overall mystique surrounding Dread, reminds me of the same mystique that games like Ninja Gaiden, Rvenge of Shinobi, Wurm journey to the center of the earth, NES Strider had.
You truly feel as if you're uncovering some ancient lost race.
I've been waiting for my whole life just to see a movie that was similar to Dread, in that it's set on an alien planet, everything on it is foreign and the only spoken language is an alien language. Well there's English too but only the AI speaks English. Even Samus just speaks Bird, lol.

THis was my 2nd fave boss fight, coz it felt so much like a Contra boss fight.

(I wish there were a better vid, coz Boss Fight Database fucking sucks ass at Dread. He has the most boring playing style I've ever seen. He does nothing but spam the missile barrage move, in nearly every fight. He doesn't even know how to evade properly lol.)
I got lost because I ended up figthing this boss as the 2nd to last enemy before I got to the boss gauntlet at the end. Most people seem to fight this boss way before they fight off the Chozo army. I killed nearly every Chozo warrior before I got to this guy.
Those cutscenes you see after you parry bosses are not QTEs, they're actually interactive but you can only choose to shoot. Most people shoot missiles.
I view it as a very stylistic interpretation of what oldschool NES games were like where after you stunned or dizzied a boss, you were given a large opening or a bunch of free hits to onslaught them with a barrage of attacks.
This is the same logic that Dread uses, but they made it look badass by turning the dizzy-frames into an interactive cutscene.
The best fight is of course the final boss, coz it felt like a Fighting game version of a MegamanX Sigma battle.

If nintendo plays their cards right, they could turn Metroid into their own Dark Souls series, since Dread already has a reputation for being hard. It actually is much harder than any Metroid game that came before it, but it's still fairly easy. It's just that the enemies actually fight back & they have rather complex movesets.
Especially the Chozo. I fucking love fighting the Chozo. I wish there was a boss rush mode so I can play the boss fights over & over without playing the main game.
I thought every boss fight was good, except for Kraid. Kraid & the Underwater monster both sucked ass coz they were typical boring ass metroid fights. Where you wait for the dumb ai to reveal their weak point, and then you just attack the weak point until they died. Motherfucker move on from that shit. It's garbage enemy design.

Even back during Super Metroid's era, there were games like Contra 3 & Megaman X trilogy which actually had excellent boss encounters, and Dread borrows influences from both. if only Metroid had always had this much focus on both exploration & combat. it probably would've never went on hiatus.
Or if it did, it would be after about 50 games like the Megaman(X,Zero,ZX) series.
This is the first Metroid where I actually love the combat. It's fast, furious, very skillful like a Megaman/Contra and it never gets tedious unlike with Monster Hunter. Monster Hunter games have the same Megaman style enemy design, where you have to learn their pattern but the enemy HP is so fucking high that it just becomes a chore, even if you're using a maxed out sword with a high poison stat like I am.

Metroid Dread brings you back to basics of good ol', old school combat reminiscent of 8bit & 16bit Action games like Megaman & Shinobi. I grew up with those type of games, and I find that they still have the best combat flow.
Especially when compared to modern games, where most modern games don't have boss fights. Or if they do, it's some limpdick BOTW shit where the boss iss a fucking pussy.

P.S., Dread beats the fuck out of Bloodstained. Although I still wish that Samus had an army of Metroid familiars like the Dullhan heads from Bloodstained lol.
Bloodstained main campaign is trash, about a 6 out of 10.
The extra modes, mainly Bloodless, Randomizer & Classic mode are what shoot up Bloodstained to 8 or 9.
Bloodstained has a Boss Rush, but who cares when every single boss sucks ass, AYY LMAO! Bloodless was the only decent boss, only due to her cheapass gimmick.

Metroid Dread's base game is a 9, but that's all you get. No extra modes at all aside for Hard mode which is the only mode you'll be playing after you unlock it.
I wouldn't mind unlocking Zero Mission & Fusion. Shit you unlocked the original Metroid after you beat Zero Mission.
I can't give Dread anywhere near a 10 coz it's missing too much series's staples.
Like why the fuck is it that the only time you see Zero Suit Samus is when you die? YOu can unlock one 0Suit Samus pic, but you have to beat it on Hard in less than 4 hours. (I can only kill 3 EMMI & the scorpion boss within 1 hour.)

Zero Mission & Fusion both rewards you with plenty of pics of Samus outside of her armor. Samus Returns also rewards you with several different Samus models outside of her armor, including the NES Justin Bailey Green haired leotard model where she looks like the main character from NES Wurm.
I understand why Nintendo finally got rid of that tradition, coz of whiny ass SJWS. It just sucks that it has to be this way. Why? Fuck them. They're fucking ugly losers who want nobody to have any fun at all.

I'll respond to Rake's post later. I had a reply written up back when he posted but I'm having some serious issue with this forum. This is the only site on the net that's constantly buffering on me for some reason, and it'll sometimes erase my entire fucking post that took me bout 3 hours to write. Yeah that shit pisses me off, and every time I come back here, I find the site still fucking buffering on me. I don't know what the problem is, coz no other site gives me this issue. I also believe I'm the only one that has this problem, otherwise other people around here would be bitching about how this site keeps fucking buffering/loading.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

What exactly is buffering/loading issue? And when it started?

I could open a ticket at phpbb support forum, but will need to know more details inlcuding your os and browser versions.

Also i just now noticed that we had default setting that forces user to log out after some time, so i tried to change it to something bigger. Dunno if will help.
wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

I deleted my previous post since all I did is reply to what buffering is.

Now that about a week has passed, Metroid Dread is def my goty. Way better than MH Rise, Dread's gfx even look better than Monster Hunter Rise, if you look more at actual graphical fidelity rather than perspective view point. The cutscenes are in-game graphics but close-up instead of a 2d view, and that's what the actual graphics look like. Dread could even have been my no.1 Switch game, but Smash Bros Ultimate is just chock full with content that I can't imagine any game taking the No.1 spot from Smash. Dread easily beat the shit out of Xenoblade2/Torna & Monster Hunter Rise though. Shit these days I place Fire Emblem Three Houses much higher than any Xenoblade. (Yes, a terrible fanbase can ultimately destroy ones' perception of a game and XB franchise has one of the most fucking annoying communities I've ever seen.)
I'm not sure where MH Rise will eventually place. (BOTW2 will most likely derank it.) I think MH games are fucking boring during the postgame & even the endgame. It ain't fucking fun fighting bosses that take 30 minutes or more to kill in solo mode, with the strongest weapons available to you at that point. I ain't fucking paying for Nintendo's shitty ass online again. Although I might for World War Z, coz that game had a badass online mode where you were in a 3 way battle between you, the other team and Zombie hordes that you could actually lure into killing your opponents. Plus, Kimiko is hot lol.

I vastly prefer Dread where the bosses are just as deadly, but go down really fast. MH Rise & MH in general takes way too many bad influences from Jrpgs where boss fights take forever to kill in solo mode, so you're stuck on a tedious loop until the fucking thing dies. In Dread, it feels like a fast & brutal test of reflexes where one wrong move might end your life, but one right move might restore most of your life. There's a constant tug of war going on so Dread's combat never feels repetitive to me. MH Rise bores the shit out of me during the postgame coz I'm just doing my switch attacks any chance I get, and spamming my wirebug moves each time they recharge since it's the fastest way to kill these giant motherfuckers, but it still takes you at least 15 minutes, which is too fucking long. In Dread you can kill almost every boss in less than 2 minutes with X Parasite (The Contra style boss.) being the only one that might take you about 8 minutes to kill.
The Final Boss overall takes you 10 - 15 minutes to kill but that's only if you include all 4 forms as a single boss. I count his multiple phases as separate bosses, with each of them taking 3 minutes or less to kill with the Winged version taking the longest to kill since that version has no parry frames.

It also helps that fighting is just one small part of the Dread experience and if you're planning to beat it in 4 hours or less, you're better off just running away from everything except for the forced boss fights such as the Chozo warriors who constantly ambush you throughout the game, but they're the second most fun battles in the game, aside for the Final Boss who has 4 fucking phases that you have to fight through, just like an old ass NES game.
Dread really reminds me of what I loved about NES action games. Ironically, Metroid NES is not one of those timeless classics that I remember since imo, that series didn't get good until Super Metroid, the 3rd game.

My fastest completion time so far is 4 hours & 29 minutes on Hard, which is a vast improvement from my Normal run at 7 hours & 30 something minutes. I've unlocked every ending pic except for Super Metroid, Dread & Zero Slut Samus.

It's weird coz I can get up to Quiet Robe as quickly as this guy does at the 1 hour 30 minute mark, but he finishes the game in fucking 2 hours lol.
I don't know how to do instant shinesparks like he does though. My other problem is that the combat is so damn good that I waste too much time fighting with enemies rather than just racing for the parts & abilities that I need, to get to the end of the game. Samus can do Ryu's Dragon Punch now lol. You can run through the whole game 'gotta go fast' like Sonic while Shoryuken & Flash kicking everything in the face so long as you get the timing right. Every Metroid Dread enemy has a different counterhit vulnerability frame. Some enemies expect you to run up and shoryuken them. Others expect you to stand in place and Mike Tyson uppercut them. Others expect you to jump right into them and kick them in the face as soon as their vulnerability frame opens. Samus has become even more combat ready than her Smash Bros incarnation.

I've unlocked zero Chozo archives, coz I haven't collected 100% items in any region at all. I've only done speed runs so far. I can only manage the under 8 hours mark though. I gotta try again on Normal mode since everyone has smaller life bars in that mode, and I was already goddamn close to making the 4 hour mark on Hard.
I actually beat hardmode with only 6 life bars. Getting hit once during the final boss fights will knock out 3 to 6 life bars on Hard mode, but Dread is designed like oldschool NES games where the bosses are extremely aggressive but they follow a pattern which tests your reflexes and your ability to read frames before they connect. The end result is that Dread's combat feels like the boss fights from the badass NES/Genesis Batman games,

instead of the fairly dull combat from NES Metroid. I like that Dread implemented so many fighting game mannerisms which surprisingly synch so well with Metroid.

What I love about a hard mode speed run, is that you're forced to take constant risks just to beat it within 4 hours or less. I said Kraid was the worst boss, but he's actually threatening on hard mode coz you can only hit him once his weakspot is activated, which as always, is his mouth. In normal gameplay, I just take my shots and then I jump down before he attacks. In a speedrun, I try to unload all of my missiles into him, as I gun down all of his projectiles and parry his punches. Kraid on Hard mode, is strong enough to one hit kill you if miss the parry timing of his punch.
The underwater faggot is still boring as fuck though, but at least he goes down really fast on hard mode after only one parry, and if you follow it up with constant missiles.

I was just expecting a good game, not a masterpiece. I haven't played a masterpiece in decades, since Ninja Gaiden Xbox I guess.
I put Dread up there with the classics like NES Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2, Streets of Rage 2, & of course Super Metroid, which I think was my only SNES game that was ever in my top 3 of all time.
In old posts of mine, I would say list Xbox Ninja Gaiden 1 as No.1, Resident Evil 4 as no. 2 & Super Metroid as No.3
Funny how NG & RE4 are no longer in my top 3, but at least RE4 is still in my top 10.
NG's boss fights (the entire 3d series) are just shit for the most part. I only like the Master Murai boss fight, and he's a fucking tutorial lol.

I can't wait for the new alleged 2d Donkey Kong game that is rumored to be developed by the Mario Odyssey team. (I'm guessing they delayed DK's game to next year coz of the Mario movie, where Donkey Kong has a major role in it. They might be planning to release a DK game along side a DK movie if the Mario movie isn't a flop.) Nintendo has brought NES/Genesis era 2d action games back with a vengeance with Metroid Dread, and it's reminding me of a time when games were just short 2 hour affairs that you played over & over just to refine & hone your skills, and of course for the fun of it since Dread never drags on. Dread feels like a well-paced atmospheric action movie which only has one exposition drop during the entire game, which leads into an epic boss fight. Faggots at this site are completely sleeping on this game, as well as most peeps in my fwends list. Wotever, ur loss.
I still play the fuck out of old ass NES & Genesis action games though so Dread is right up my alley. I specify those two systems coz SNES didn't really have badass action games, outside of Contra Alien Wars but even that game is meh & way too slow & choppy when compared to 60fps Contra Hard Corps. Alien Wars isn't even a match for most of Genesis's action games like Strider 1, Gunstar, Shinobi 3, Revenge of Shinobi, Alien Wars, Vectorman, goddamn the list goes on. If you loved action games, you sure as hell weren't playing the SNES.
Kinda like how Super Turrican is fucking boring when compared to the balls to the wall insane Mega Turrican. I do like Super Castlevania, but it ain't no match for Bloodlines, and even Dracula X is better imo. Super CV feels like a prototype for a Soyny style cinematic game, games that were deliberately made on easy mode, just to showcase the system's tech.

I think Kirby Superstar is the only SNES action game that goes toe to toe with the likes of Revenge of Shinobi lol. In terms of game design and pacing at least, not difficulty. Super Metroid feels way more like an adventure game. It's Zero Mission & Fusion that plays like action games.

P.S. Anyone around here planning to get Shin Megashitensei 5? I might, but I'm deciding between SMT5 or Dying Light Platinum. Sure I already played the vanilla version of DL, but I never played the complete version. Dying Light had pretty good combat, and even solid platforming which is unusual for a Western game.
I'm already dead set on World War Z, since that game was fun as fuck on PS4.
Sure there's Xmas time to get SMT5... NOT! Mothafucking DanganRonpa collection is out by then, and it's one of the only linear adv games where the same shit happens no matter what, that's actually fun to replay.

Another reason why I'm siding a bit more with Dying Light over SMT5 is that Dying Light on Switch comes out before the Vax Pass Mandate in WA State. After Oct 25, I'll no longer be able to enter any shops without vaxxing for a fucking virus that I have a 99% chance of surviving. I still never caught it, yet every single person I know who's been vaxed caught corona, after they took the fucking shot, but they blame me for them catching corona when I never fucking caught it. They call me retarded. I think they're fucking retarded for not realizing that they didn't get sick until they took their 3 shots, and counting.
Fuck these motherfuckers mang. These last 4 or 6 years have taught me that I have zero friends. They were all just using me in some form or another. Since these same motherfuckers keep telling me "You'll wish you got the jab when you die from corona." Sure maybe, but by then it'd be my fault. Why should it matter to them? I'm secure with my health & natural immunity. Unlike nearly all of these American pussies.
WWZ doesn't come out until Nov 2, but Ima try to preorder that and force these WA state fucktards to allow me to have my game that I already fucking paid for, or force them to cancel my order and give me back my fucking money. America is filled with pussies.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Iwazaru
qishmish

Post by Iwazaru »

Damn, it might become Mercury Steam's best game since Severance Blade of Darkness (which was their 2001 masterpiece under different name), that just got a re-release on pc recently

wow.. we're sky high.. that shark we just jumped over is tiny.. we're so high right now (c)
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

There was actually way more people playing that NMH3 trash, even though most of them dropped it after the first hour.
I accidently played NMH on my JP account and didn't realize it until I was haflway through the game. So I just finished it on that one. It just shows up as a small tick on my main account from when I played and it and couldn't figure out where my saves were. Apparenlty, Nintendo will let you transfer saves between switches but not accounts...

I just beat Dread. Didn't even take 24 hours since I got. I honestly found it kind of dissapointing. I didn't not like the plot and there was some unnecessary "edge" and attitude added to Samus and her mannerism that I didn't like. I preferred her as just a straightforward silent protagonist without that flashy shit.

The combat wasn't bad, but I didn't enjoy it. Especially the robot chase sequences. It always felt like a guessing game with random results during those sections and most of the later boss fights. The robots had magnetic A.I. like in Crysis one. What I mean by magnetic is that when you are cloaked, the enemies will always gravitate towards wherever you are. They don't behave like something that is patrolling a huge area. They magnetize to your exact position even though they are not suppose to have any hint that you are there. I remember that happening repeatedly in Crysis where I would be hiding in a bush and some enemy will just creep to that exact bush I was in and no other. I move to another one and they will do it to that one.

I can say that at least 70% of my deaths were from the double/multi jump not registering. It was so inconsistent. Every other mechanic was solid except that one. The gameplay and world somehow felt really linear. There was sort of a sense of exploration and discovery to all all other Metroid games. In this one, you really couldn't do anything but go to the next point you were suppose to be at.

The end felt so anti-climatic. The righting for the Chozo came off as so generic to me. Especially Raven Beak. Hell, even his name is lame. When you look at names of characters in older gamers: Ghor, Gandrayda, Noxus, Sylux. They all gave off an extraterrestrial feel. Why the hell would an Alien from an advance civilization that isn't Earth name himself "Raven Beak?" Its so generic and lame.

I'm definitely going to be listing this on Ebay. I have no desire to play it again. It was not worth 50 bucks, much less 60 which is what most others likely payed.

Sounds like this is pretty good, but I cannot get past the visuals, or lack thereof.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

EDIT: Holy shit this motherfucker beat Dread in about 1 hour by just screw attacking everything.

I was fucking shocked by how fast he killed the Chozo twins without firing a single shot. It took him like 5 seconds each lol. I thought I was good for gunning down each one of them in about 50 seconds.
Here I am playing Dread like it's a badass Alien Soldier Contra Hard Corps low down & gritty Run N Gun Rambo 3 Infinite Ammo Machinegun battle.

This guy literally just runs into everyone by spinning into them like Sonic the Hedgehog lol.
He's a good example of how you sequence break though. He just goes straight into the cold & heat rooms and breaks his way into new paths to get the item abilities he needs.

Note: In the first part of this post, I'm mostly responding to that Sean Malstrom pretentious fuck, coz he's clearly clueless on what a game is.
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/di ... glish/game
He seems to think of games as sandboxes of self-expression when damn near every dictionary definition that Ive seen for the word 'game', refers to an act of skill & adherence to rulesets. This means that games are restrictive by default due to their nature as games. Mal is just so annoying that I couldn't, not respond. Hell no I won't write directly to his blog. I would if he kept comments up, but he never shows comments & just reads them and then responds to it through his blog. Fuck that.
I'm definitely going to be listing this on Ebay. I have no desire to play it again. It was not worth 50 bucks, much less 60 which is what most others likely payed.
That's cool. You do you. At least you actually bought & played the game. Which makes you less gay than the rest of the faggots here AYY LMAO!
It's quite clear that you're more of a Jrpg guy, and I'm more of an Action guy. Dread is straight up balls to the wall action if you play it as intended, which is a hard mode speed run. I can see how it would be considered as boring or generic if you just played it like an adv/rpg similar to a Metroidvania. That's why I always hated the Metroidvania label though, coz they always play more like a slowass grindy Castlevania, when Metroid is more like Sonic the Hedgehog, Metroid is meant to be a speedrun obstacle course.
I was expecting Dread to play more like a slowass Metroidvania to conform with the times, but Dread feels much closer to MMZero combat & enemy encounter design with each battle having multi tiered strategems to take them down like how you would in a Zero game. MegaMan Zero itself are a series of games that are also meant to be speedrun & you're even graded for it with Stier being the best rank.

I think it's worth the full 60, coz I haven't enjoyed a non-fighting or non-strategy game this much since the Genesis/NES era where games like this were sold at the $60 range. I remember Super Metroid being about $70-$80. I sure as know that Chrono Trigger & Kirby Superstar were. Even with something like Streets of Rage 4, I just view it as a game that's good in spite of its flaws due to how they had such a solid idea on the combat ruleset that they wished to implement. (Some kind of weird King of Fighter's style rushdown combat flow, paired up with outdated ass SOR2 fight mechanics, which strangely works. It's still a disappointing step back from SOR3 & SORR combat though. A lot of people who hate on SOR4 for legit reasons, hate it coz it takes way too much influence from fighting games rather than games of its own genre.)

I don't believe I'm overrating it all. Had Dread been my 2nd Switch game after Smash Bros, I would've been far more impressed with it than I was with either Fire Emblem Three Houses or BOTW. Dread has way better looking gfx than those two, & the gameplay feels smoother than Smash. FE3h & BOTW are damn good games mind you, but I'm not one of those 'RPG' guys. (I fucking hate the RPG bullshit in FE3H. Three houses is only good, coz that's how damn good the combat is.) I'm almost as old as Gen X'rs so we prefer straight forward action games over slow fucking bullshit like BOTW. As good as it is. I know most of us around here don't like BOTW including you, but nah I have to admit that BOTW is good coz it was good enough to make me actually miss playing it to the point that I bought it again. Any game that has enough complexity to be played in completely different ways across multiple playthroughs is a mark of good game design. This also holds true with Dread.

As I said prior, to enjoy Dread as much as I, you'll have to be one of those players who still actually plays oldschool NES & Genesis era action games which is what Dread feels like. It's basically Alien Soldier as a Metroid game. It doesn't feel like a normal Metroid game. Which I can understand would annoy some Metroid purists, like that SeanMalstrom retard (that the Jap pornstar who's actually White
https://spankbang.com/58585/video/thick+japanese
avatar guy around here, brought up.) who wants to keep the combat extremely basic.

That's basically Malstrom's main complaint about Dread, the combat.
https://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2021 ... oken-game/
He seems to like the game more than you do, but I'm far more annoyed with his opinion coz everything that Malstron wants just sounds like bad Todd Howard-style game design. I hate Western games precisely coz of bullshit suggestions like he made here.
All of these could be overlooked based on the juicy yum yum of Metroid exploration and adventuring. But what cannot be overlooked, what screeches the pacing to a dead stop, are the boss fights.

And there are LOTS of boss fights.

These boss fights are not like anything I’ve seen in a Metroid game… including the Prime games. The boss fights are where the player has to use a complicated control scheme (believe me, your hand will cramp) to do constant patterns and timing reflexes. You respawn right outside the boss fight so you get to die again and again and again. And you will do this for hours. Just for a boss.

A definition of a game is that people can play the game in different ways and get different results. For example, two people will play PONG differently depending on how the paddles connect with the ball. Or they will play Tetris differently. Or Pac-Man. And so on. And should a game not allow that player difference to exist, it is debatable if it is even a game. Metroid Dread is guilty of this
He's just showing that he hasn't even bothered experimenting with the combat. Player difference does exist. I'm seeing plenty of different strats & vids on how to beat enemies in this game. The most optimal tactic I show, involve you not even meleeing or shooting enemies. I just linked to a video at the beginning of this post which shows a guy beasting through the game using the screw attack, where you turn into a ball & hit enemies with melee. No, Malstrom gotta act like he has an argument here as though PacMan's gameplay were anywhere near as complex as he implies.
I'd argue that Dread is comparable to Tetris in terms of strategems. I'd never consider any Metroid game to be as casual friendly as Tetris, but when it comes to game plan, they're just as varied. In Tetris, the basic form of attack is to just horizontally fill a line with blocks, but expert players stack up block and leave the middle open to throw a line block down, for a higher score. Malstrom, that stuck up retard that he is can't even be arsed to figure out that Dread also allows you to play it how you want it.

I dunno, maybe he only played the NES version of Tetris (which most people don't play anymore coz NES Tetris doesn't adhere to the modernized Tetris ruleset), and he doesn't realize that Tetris has an actual competitive scene (Tetris has been competitive since the Gameboy, AYY LMAO!), which is nowhere near as leisurely as he makes Tetris sound.
From what I recall from Tertris 99, you're getting attacked everyone at all sides, so you had to think fast & on your feet. At least with something like Dread, you rarely ever fight more than 1 or 2 boss type characters at a time. Dread is not as reflex heavy as Tetris, but both require about the same amount of tactics.
Tetrist is harder imo, only due to how modern day Tetris is played against other players.
Granted, this is the same moron who thinks every NES game is modeled after Ultima for some reason, or that Ultima weren't just a game from its era. There's a reason why nobody talks about Ultima anymore and why Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy are far ore popular. Ultima doesn't jive with combat-heads like me, coz Ultima's combat is fucking trash. Ultima also doesn't gel with Storyfags, coz Ultima's entire plot line is just wish-fulfillment Isekai style another world plots within a generic fantasy European setting.

Not even Elder Scrolls is that generic coz Elder Scrolls actually takes place in a quasi sci-fi setting about ancient alien gods & multiple moons. A lot of people seemed to have forgot that though, since Morrowwind was the last time that Elder Scrools still looked alien.
Most of Metroid Dread has everyone playing the same way especially during the bosses. There is no room for player creativity or different tactics during the boss fights. The boss fights are designed for the player to do the pattern perfectly with the correct timing. That is it.
You don't need to do the pattern. It just helps you kill the monster faster. Malstrom is just that he sucks ass at games.
It is so bad that the boss fight will change into a cutscene where the player must ‘counter’ at the correct times. By ‘counter’, I mean hit a button at the precise second. This same cutscene plays the same for everyone. If you hit the button at the right time, then the boss dies. If you are off, you get hurt and have to do more damage so the counter cutscene comes up again.
That's a valid complaint for the Chozo soldiers, but it doesn't bother me at all coz I always viewed the cutscene as you, already defeating the enemy but the game threw in another variable to keep the enemy back into the fight.
The boss fights, alone, will ensure people won’t be replaying Metroid Dread.

I’m very close to being done with the game. Yet, with ANOTHER boss fight that drags on and on and on, I eventually just put down the controller and said, “Enough. These people don’t know how to make a game. This is NOT fun.”

If you think the turbo tunnel in Battletoads is fun, then you will think the boss fights in Metroid Dread are fun. They are exactly the same in principle.
On the contrary to what he believes, I like replaying Dread precisely due to the boss fights.
No I don't like the Battletoads turbo tunnel, no I don't see how that's comparable to Metroid's boss fights.
Metroid Dread has typical reflex & pattern based Contra & Megaman style battles, where you do have to play a certain way to avoid damage, but you're free to freestyle how you wish in order to dish out damage.
This Malstrom faggot reveals himself to be a fucking loser who can't even beat Revenge of Shinobi if he thinks Dread's fights are that hard.

It’s not that I can’t do it. I just don’t want to do it. I’m simply too old for this shit. My time is far too valuable to be going through boss attempts again and again and again. And for what? For an upgrade that does nothing but serve as a key? To get locked into another area where I won’t be able to move around freely again? To watch them upgrade all the enemies so I never become powerful? (This happens to places you’ve already been.)

Honestly, this game feels very amateurish. It’s like Mercury Steam couldn’t deal with the open ended nature of the Metroid upgrades so they turned all of it into a key to a gate within linear loops.
You gotta love how this Malstrom faggot tries to pass himself off as a 'sophisticated intellectual' when all he's doing is bitching that upgrades don't ever turn Dread into an easy mode game. He's actually crying that enemies stay aggressive even to the end-game. You could turn his entire rant into toddler one-liner outbursts coz he's saying the game is broken simply due to how the game never gets easier.
Well first off that's just his opinion. Metroid Dread follows the NES style of difficulty scaling where the game becomes easier due to the players' own muscle memory & pattern recognition. He's just some old has-been faggot though who wants every game to be exact the same as it was when he was a teen. He has bad memory though coz he thinks BOTW plays like a modern version of Zelda 1, when Zelda 1 actually used to be an Arcade game (as part of a series of NES games that you could play in Arcades like Mario & NES Contra 1), Zelda 1 was a hack n slash, not this Ultima Crpg simulator like he tries to pass it off as.

How is it amateruish? LOL, I thought Krizz had some bad arguments coz he generally just makes declarative statements without supportive examples or instances, but this Malstrom guy is 100x worse coz Malstrom's argument is basically "I don't like it, so it's bad and we should all feel bad." Mal is worse coz he has an argument, but they're not valid arguments that explain why the game design is bad. He just says that he doesn't like it or in the case of Dread, he strawman's the game by claiming it's not a game due to how he believes that a game can't be a game unless you can perform different actions to reap different results.
While he is technically correct with this assertion, where he is wrong is his belief that Dread doesn't have this same complexity that he yearns for. Mainly due to how he's one of those gamers who view the 'action' part as irrelevant, you know the part of the game that you actually interact with?
He only cares about exploration, but exploration only in the visual sense.
Malstrom doesn't seem to understand that in the world of video games, Exploration doesn't just refer to traversal travel. Exploration within gaming terms, usually refers to the exploration of the game's own ruleset, which he always ignores, coz he seems to have an artist's interpretation of what a game is.

Malstrom doesn't see rule sets. He only sees an expression of ideas. Games are a product of expression but what makes a game, a game are its rule sets. All games have rulesets. He claims that games must allow for different variables, but that's not the definition of game.
Game: A form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck.
Malstrom is just another Western Individualist fucktard, who wants to self-express his dumb useless thoughts within his in-game interactions, at the cost of the game's cohesion. I've never once seen this motherfucker talk about rulesets. His entire comprehension of what a game is, is flawed from the start!

I like action games, it's not a waste of time for me. I don't fucking care that Malstrom thinks it's a waste of time. Who the fuck does he think he is anyway?
All of Mal's suggestions sound more like game design that would go into a Skyrim or BOTW game. Keep in mind, that Malstrom loves BOTW and he compares it to Ultima, which was why I and the Jav Av poster were laughing at him.
This is the so-called famous Malstrom, who's infamous for telling it like it is on Nintendo's bad game design. When these very rants he's had just shows that he doesn't understand game design himself. He's basically making suggestions for a Minecraft style game, rather than an Action game.
Metroid has always flopped coz the action was never good until now.

Malstrom also makes that dumb 'linear' complaint, when he's still only on his first playthrough. How the fuck would one know if it's linear or not without repeat playthroughs? Malstrom claims to be this Metroid guru, but he completely forget just how linear Super Metroid actually is. I know he ain't a speed runner like me, so he can't fucking lie about how open Supe Metroid was, since Super Metroid feels just as restrictive as Dread does, unless you sequence broke the game. The key word is feels, Dread's exploration isn't that restrictive or linear. You're only gated by the abilities.
With Dread, players have already found as many ways to break it, as they had with Super.

Thing is though, why are we acting as if the exploration is worse? Dread's exploration is damn great during speed runs when you discover how to sequence break. I sequence broke on my first playthrough, but that's exactly how I got lost. I killed everythign in the complete opposite order that everyone else did yet this Malstrom faggot acts as though we all played it the same exact way? Even you, are claiming that Dread is linear. I mean sure it's as linear as Super & Zero Mission were during their first playthroughs. No one actually calls those games linear though, coz they're not and neither is Dread.

One thing I do have an issue with is that you get an NOOBISH upgrade that shows you where all the breakable walls are. I believe they added that in coz they predicted that fatfucks like David Jaffe (That fat retard who made God of War & Twisted Metal.) would whine about the Metroid franchise having 'bad game design' coz Metroid games generally don't telegraph where the breakable walls are. When as you & I know, that's part of the fun of Metroid, finding exploding walls by accident, or actually searching for the breakable walls to find juicy power ups.

Krizzx wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:43 pm
There was actually way more people playing that NMH3 trash, even though most of them dropped it after the first hour.
I accidently played NMH on my JP account and didn't realize it until I was haflway through the game. So I just finished it on that one. It just shows up as a small tick on my main account from when I played and it and couldn't figure out where my saves were. Apparenlty, Nintendo will let you transfer saves between switches but not accounts...
You & Xed were the only ones from around here playing it, but there's about 10 people playing NMH3 at my Switch list lol.
Most peeps at my Switch fwendlist are action aficionados anyway which is why the shock of all shocks, there are actually as many people playing NMH3 as there were those who were playing MH Rise.
Which is funny coz I said the exact opposite would happen. Now if they enjoy it is a different matter entirely since most of them only have 1 hour in it. I wasn't referring to you, I actually thought you had 30 hours or something in NMH.

It's weird, coz half of these peeps I play with on Switch are retrogamers that I tag-teamed with in Streets of Rage 4 & played a few games of Genesis collection with. (or tried, coz that game's online is trash.)
If more of them understood that Dread plays more like a Genesis game, they'd love it.
You can do some crazy ass combos in Dread which makes playing the older entries especially Fusion & Super, boring as hell to me. Zero Mission is still fun to speedrun though, due to how action packed the finale is.
I just beat Dread. Didn't even take 24 hours since I got.
How long is it supposed to be? It's a Metroid game. I beat Dread in 7 hours, coz I fucked up on my first playthrough. As I said they're 2-7 hours long at most. You're complaining about a Metroid game being short? AYY LMAO! Dread actually has a much larger map than Super, Zero, SR & Fusion.
The only Metroid that took me more than 10 hours to beat was Super Metroid but that's coz I was just a kid when it came out. I could've easily beaten Dread in 5 hours or less the first time around but I got lost. On hard mode I did beat it 30 minutes after the 4 hour dead line & honestly that's the appeal of Metroid, for players like me. You won't really understand how well designed the combat, bosses, item locations & level designs are unless you specifically play for the '4 hour or under' time limit, coz it's only then that you take huge risks during battles just to save enough time to make it to the end in only 4 hours or less.

I beat the final boss while only getting hit about twice with only 6 life bars. He kills you in nearly one hit on hard mode with only 6 lifebars.
I didn't even noticed how well designed Kraid actually was until I tried for a Hard mode speed run where it turns out that he's not as much of a pussy that I initially believed him to be. He's strong enough to kill you in one punch and he does throw a barrage of missiles at you that you have to block Virtua Cop style by shooting the missiles.
That's some damn good action having to multitask between shooting missiles at his mouth while simultaneously gunning down missiles and parrying his punches. This is all just during the short vulnerability timeframe he has when when you hang on to the conveyor web to shoot his mouth.

A normal playthrough, he seems easy coz you'll just shoot him whenever he's vulnerable. That won't allow you to beat it in under 4 hours though. To beat it in under 4 hours, you have to treat Dread like an Arcade game, and not some shitty ass Metroidvania rpg.
Metroid's replay value has always came from learning the layouts & in this case the combat patterns to decrease the time it takes to beat it.
Speedruns have always been Metroid's main course meal. I doubt Metroid would be as loved as it is, were it a drawn out grind a thon like Metroidvania games. I even got bored of Bloodstained after killing Bloodless coz by then nothing is a challenge any more and the rest of the game felt like filler. There's zero filler in Dread.

A lot of people are claiming that the final boss is the hardest boss fight they ever played, and they'll mention their credentials which spans from Souls, DMC, NG, Bayo to all the way back to the NES era. Which makes no sense to me coz by NES standards, he's pretty fucking easy. He ain't no NES NG1 Jacquio, who even then it's not that Jacquo was hard it was that the final level was hard and usually didn't have a full lifebar before you got up to him.
I honestly found it kind of dissapointing. I didn't not like the plot and there was some unnecessary "edge" and attitude added to Samus and her mannerism that I didn't like. I preferred her as just a straightforward silent protagonist without that flashy shit.
You're one of those guys. You sound like a 4channer. I see them make the same exact arguments. Which is amusing coz I've heard you talk shit about them a lot in the past, when your opinions almost always sound copy & pasted from a 4chan fag lol. (As can be seen from the NMH thread, I think most of us here are from 4chan. Damn that site sucks. I know you're not, you're Neogaf but you sound like 4chan.)
She's always been fairly edgy. Look at how she's just stoically standing there, as if she were taunting Dark.

Stoic is exactly how I would describe Samus in Dread. WTF is this argument of Samus killing monsters aggresively, means that she's being edgy? What does that fucking mean? You interpret it as edgy. I, someone whose both from a Military & Gangster background just view it as her effectively killing your enemies. Guess what? Real life combat is edgy, you go for cheap & pointblank shots like Samus does in Dread.
Back when Pride Fighting was a thing, most people got knocked out by curbstomp/soccer kicks to the head coz those blows are legal in Japan. They weren't trying to be edgy by imitating an American History X curbstomp move. MMA fighters were just tilizing what were the most effective knock out tactics,

and that's what Samus is doing but for some reason peeps on internet label combat-effectiveness, 'edgy'. When in real life, that's called effective combat. Do you know that Marines (before they became gay trannies) were often taught to eye gouge & go for neck during CQC combat? In the military, You're trained to kill. (Samus is ParaMilitary.)
Not fight with honor or some other dumbass fake Anime shit. It's fake anime shit coz real life Samurai didn't even fight with honor. Real life Samurai just tripped you, and then they coup-de-grace stabbed their opponent in the neck

This is par the course with a lot of your criticisms of Dread. (I'll get to a few more of them later in the post, where it's obvious that MS just did their research.) You hate a lot of these things you mentioned coz you consider it generic or shallow or whatever, whereas I love them coz it shows that Mercury Steam did their homework. They actually seemed to have done research on how real life Military fighters actually fight. In the Military, you're trained to fight like a wolf. Samus is a Bounty Hunter but she works along side the Space Equivalent of a Military, presumably coz she too has advanced military training. They never showed how tactical & superior her fighting tactics were until Dread though. I view that as a good development.
Prior to Dread (Smash isn't cannon), Samus always came off like a bimbo whose only strong coz of her suit. It's only in Dread that she truly earns the title of Ultimate Warrior, coz Dread exhibits that she truly is tactically trained like a professional killer.

Even then, wtf is so edgy about being combat-ready? How the fuck are you supposed to behave when you fight?
It's such a nonsensical argument.
You sound like the 4channers, gamefaqs & Redditors who cry about Resident Evil characters not being realistic because they all know how to fight, when SpecOps are trained in at least judo, bjj, sambo & vale tudo real life trained MMA/Boxers can look just as sexy as RE characters do, but can still fight at a professional level like Van Zant.

The RE internet fags always complain about the martial prowess of RE characters, coz they think RE is about everymen when even in the original RE game they were ParaMilitary SpecOps. On top of that, what's so fucking weird about knowing how to fight?
Internet nerds act as if real life fighters aren't sexy in real life, lol.

Paige Van Zant is a boxer, and she's pretty bangable.
She got booty mang, and I know for damn sho that she'd beat the fuck out of all of these redditors lol.
That babe, is a fighter in real life.

You're completely missing the point of those "EDGY" combat scenes. They're just a stylish way to represent boss vulnerability frames from the 2d Action game era, where back then they'd be represented as dizzied characters who flicker to signify that they're open to being slashed to death.

Dread follows the same logic but they went with the Street Fighter 4 cinematic style of presentation, by making the dizzies look like epic kill moves instead of a generic sweep to the leg, plus a throw which is what dizzies looked like during the SF2 era.

Basically, you are complaining over the presentation while not comprehending the purpose of it.
How the hell is she supposed to fight? Just stand there and shoot?
She's honestly not doing anything that flashy. She is just standing around & shooting point blank, while the boss is attacking her.
In the NES & Genesis era, the boss would just stand still dizzied, as you hack it to death.

I wish I could find a better example of Boss stuns that Dread has implemented through the use of interactive cutscenes which are great imo coz it allows you to kill the boss faster for Speedruns.
The Stage 4 boss of Hard Corps which functioned like Seven Force, looks exactly what Dread's Boss & Enemy design feels like. How could anyone who likes fastpaced 60fps Genesis action games, not also be loving Dread?
The combat wasn't bad, but I didn't enjoy it. Especially the robot chase sequences. It always felt like a guessing game with random results during those sections and most of the later boss fights. The robots had magnetic A.I. like in Crysis one. What I mean by magnetic is that when you are cloaked, the enemies will always gravitate towards wherever you are. They don't behave like something that is patrolling a huge area. They magnetize to your exact position even though they are not suppose to have any hint that you are there. I remember that happening repeatedly in Crysis where I would be hiding in a bush and some enemy will just creep to that exact bush I was in and no other. I move to another one and they will do it to that one.
Dude just jump over them, lol. I love the stealth sections, only coz it's really fun just jumping over & speedboosting away from them coz the latter ones run really fast. I believe this is the intended way to play it coz Metroid has always been intended to be speedrun. You can't speedrun by using that useless stealth move. I only ever use stealth to enter certain doors.
I can say that at least 70% of my deaths were from the double/multi jump not registering. It was so inconsistent. Every other mechanic was solid except that one. The gameplay and world somehow felt really linear. There was sort of a sense of exploration and discovery to all all other Metroid games. In this one, you really couldn't do anything but go to the next point you were suppose to be at.
The double jump functions how it always has within the Metroid games, it only activates during the peak of the jump. That's not new to Dread. In most action games (real action games, not metroidvanias), the double jump only activates at the peak of the hop like in Revenge of Shinobi.

You're claiming that Dread is linear based off of one playthrough, when in my very first playthrough I went completely out of order.
You can go out of order as early as Kraid. The only thing that impedes you is your abilities that you've unlocked.
Plenty of people have sequenced broke the entire game. I'm thinking that's prob the only way to actually beat Dread in 2 hours or less, not that you need to. I'm only going for 4 hours or less, which I already almost did on hard mode.
I took a break from Dread coz when I go for an under 4 hour playthrough of Dread on Normal mode. Ima do it in one play session.

None of the walkthroughs I've seen have went the same order as I did, coz I killed all of the Chozo soldiers way before I killed the Contra boss. He was actually my final boss before Raven Beak.
It's weird to me that Dread supposedly being the most linear game of the franchise (As if Fusion didn't exist.)
is such a common complaint that I see on internet when I think it's just as linear as Zero Mission & Super are. Those games have just been out for far longer so most people already know how to speed run through it.
It just came out, and peeps have been documenting all the many ways that you can break through the sequence of events.
https://game8.co/games/MetroidDread/archives/346108#hl_
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
In my first playthrough, I didn't even kill the EMMI in order. It's really only the first two & the last two that you kill in the same order, every single time.
The end felt so anti-climatic. The righting for the Chozo came off as so generic to me. Especially Raven Beak. Hell, even his name is lame. When you look at names of characters in older gamers: Ghor, Gandrayda, Noxus, Sylux. They all gave off an extraterrestrial feel. Why the hell would an Alien from an advance civilization that isn't Earth name himself "Raven Beak?" Its so generic and lame.
How was it anti climatic? The game was building up to the climax ever since the first cutscene, right until the end when it's revealed that you were never communicating with The Federation at all. It built up to a big boss fight, you turn into a Metroid, become stronger & you kill him and it ends with huge explosions just like every other Metroid game. Don't tell me you gonna pull of a SeanMalstrom and pretend as if Zero Mission & Fusion don't exist where the finale is just as action packed as Dread is.
Dread is basically Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, just another Samus adventure.

What's Raven supposed to be called? Some pretentious ass Pseudo-Greek Babylonian Sumerian name despite having nothing to do with Ancient-Earth? How is Raven Beak any different from a name like Gray Voice (The Manga that Xed cited a few posts back.), Old Bird
https://metroid.fandom.com/wiki/Old_Bird
or Quiet Robe? The Chozo follow the same naming scheme, and this isn't new to Dread but for some fucking reason you act like is.

Chozo names sound like tribal Indigenous Tribe names which makes sense coz the Chozo are depicted as a race of hyper-advanced hunter tribes.
https://www.avpcentral.com/predator-names-generator
Chozo names follow the same name-scheme as Predator names, in that they're adopting titles, not names. It's similar to how Golgo 13 isn't Golgo's actual name, and neither is Duke Togo or how Motoko Kusanagi isn't her name, but she's mostly referred to as The Major.
I thought it was brilliant how they combined Alien's Engineers with Predator's Yautja, because it blends in so well with the setting. It never made sense to me that Metroid meant "Ultimate Warrior' in the Chozo language coz they've always been depicted as a bunch of Sage-like scholars.

Nearly all of your complaints amount to "MEH I Didn't like it!" Sure it's ok to not like things, but just coz you don't like it doesn't mean that it's bad or that zero thought went into the game. In your case, you haven't bothered to explore what you can actually do within the game's system. You just claim that it seems linear, when it's actually not.
You want to see a game that has zero thought, look no further than Saints Row Reboot, which stars a gang of Millennials who commit crimes to pay off their College Loan Debts, when basic research would tell you that American Feds would actually arrest you & take possession of all of your businesses & profits once they've connected your income flow to the underworld.
It's basic knowledge that any two-bit criminal knows but the morons who make Saints Row never even bother to learn the basics, which is crazy considering that they made Saints Row, which did used to be a relatively accurate crime simulator. (None of them are as accurate as the Godfather games, but Saints Row 1 & 2 were the closest.)

You make Dread sound like it's a brainless or generic game, but all you've shown to me is nothing but a basic surface-level impression of Dread. Sure I understand that if you don't like the game, logic would conclude that you wouldn't bother delving into the game's systems.
It just annoys me that you act as though zero thought went into it, when all you're doing is confirming your biases rather than judging it based off of its execution and actual systems that it has in place.

Dread is not linear. The combat is not even just decent. The combat compares well with Genesis & NES classics as well as the 80s-1990 coin op era back from before the time when fighting games dominated the arcade scene.
If you're an action afficando like I am, you can easily see where Dread takes inspiration from, mostly MegamanX/Zero, Contra,
For the record, most Contra games actually play like crap coz barely none of them were even at a steady 30 fps, let alone 60fps. The original Contra arcade games were actually like sub 15 fps lol.
Hard Corps & Shattered Solder are what make Contra legendary though and although Dread never reaches the heights of Shattered Soldier's combat.

(Aqua Mech was the best boss, but I linked to the Helicopter guy coz his enemy encounter design is similar to Raven Beak.)
It doesn't really matter coz Dread is going for more of a Contra/Zero hybrid than anything else.

If you live & breath action games like I do. Real ones, (not quasi Rpg bullshit like Devil May Cry & Souls)
you'll love the hell out of Dread coz of just how well designed the combat is. Those who understand the combat can kill practically everyone in under a minute. (As I do, with everyone except Raven & the giant X parasite)

All the bosses are easily beatable for casuals but still provide enough of a challenge run for hardcore action gamers, save for I guess the final boss. (I only claim that coz a lot of Casuals actually do cry over him, when he's just a basic ass MegamanX boss, Raven ain't even Zero tier. LOL!)
This dude was way harder than Raven.

Raven was just as fun to fight as Phantom, and that's what matters most. The combat is fun, if you actually like action games. It's due to Dread, that I think the rest of the 2d series is boring as fuck now, especially Fusion.
Zero Mission is still good. Super Metroid has the best cinematics (I consider every scene with The Baby as a cinematic including the final boss) & story.

Samus Returns had the best boss fight with the random ass Ridley boss where you team up with 'THE BABY!'.
To answer a PM I had with Xed, no the counter doesn't fucking matter in SR, even during the mid game. By the time you get your first beam upgrades, counter attacking becomes something that you only do during boss fights, which should be more methodically planned out any way. Shit even during the intro game, I just jumped over everything & shot motherfuckers to death.
What the fuck is up with faggots from around here, never thinking to jump over enemies? AYY LMAO!
You have a gravity-defying moon jump for a reason, use it.

You can claim that Dread's combat wasn't that good or anything near a masterpiece all you wish. I ain't gonna believe it, coz I've played it for myself, multiple times. Dread is one of those types of oldschool action games that's meant to be replayed & conquered, like an NES/Genesis era title.
I know first hand that Dread is better than Revenge of Shinobi, on par with Shinobi 3 (Revenge is harder but S3 has better designed combat.), better than Strider 1 & 2 (Strider games have shitty ass boss fights, but everything is AMAZING), about on par with Hard Corps, (Combat is) not as good as Shattered Soldier, about on par with Gunstar Heroes, Nowhere near as good as Alien Soldier's combat (Dread is a much better game than AS, since AS has zero level design.), way better than MegamanX3, better than both MMX1 & 2,on par with Mega Turrican, way better than Super Turrican, on par with Turrican 2, better than MMZero4, not as good as MMZero 2 & 3, slightly better than MMZero 1 but Zero 1 has Phantom who beats the shit out of Raven. I don't count Castlevania as a hardcore balls to the wall action game, they're too damn slow and what makes them hard is the platforming. Sorta the same case with Ninja Gaiden except those games are fast but yet again it's the platforming that makes them hard, not the combat.
Dread can go toe to toe with the likes of Shinobi, and not be laughed at as a pretender.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

That's cool. You do you. At least you actually bought & played the game. Which makes you less gay than the rest of the faggots here AYY LMAO!
It's quite clear that you're more of a Jrpg guy, and I'm more of an Action guy. Dread is straight up balls to the wall action if you play it as intended, which is a hard mode speed run. I can see how it would be considered as boring or generic if you just played it like an adv/rpg similar to a Metroidvania. That's why I always hated the Metroidvania label though, coz they always play more like a slowass grindy Castlevania, when Metroid is more like Sonic the Hedgehog, Metroid is meant to be a speedrun obstacle course.
Nah, I'm more of a Strategy and Simulation kind of guy. I actually dislike most RPGs except for the ones that are really well made or really creative.

I still can't figure out what everyone sees in Dragon Quest. It is one of the most boring and generic RPG series I've ever seen. I've never managed to beat a single one. I I lose interest like 1/3 through. I do like a good, original story though, and a lot of older JRPGs had great stories. Modern ones, not so much. The only Japanese RPG series I still buy is the Atelier, because I like the item crafting systems and exploration. Also the Shin Megami Tenseis. Other than that, unless its got mechs in it like the Xeno series, I'm not really interested. Something would have to really stand out to make me buy a modern Japanese RPG. I've heard great things about Monster Hunter Stories 2, but I have 0 interest in it. They have a sale on those Asdivine RPGs right now. 0 interest.

Same with most of the old PC RPGs. I bought Neverwinter Nights because I saw it mentioned so much online. I played to near the end of the first chapters, and didn't touch it again for years until I ran into a situation where there was nothing new to play and I decided to finish it. Turned out to have a decent enough story, so I palyed through the others like Baldur's Gate. I am not into D&D itself at all. Still haven't touched Baldur's Gate 3.

Action RPGs like the Witcher, Diablo 2 and Gothic were more the kind of RPGs I like, but those are few and far between.
As I said prior, to enjoy Dread as much as I, you'll have to be one of those players who still actually plays oldschool NES & Genesis era action games which is what Dread feels like. It's basically Alien Soldier as a Metroid game. It doesn't feel like a normal Metroid game. Which I can understand would annoy some Metroid purists, like that SeanMalstrom retard (that the Jap pornstar who's actually White
https://spankbang.com/58585/video/thick+japanese
avatar guy around here, brought up.) who wants to keep the combat extremely basic.
You forget. I'm from that era. I love Gunstar Heroes, Alien Soldier, Guardian Heroes and all the shit like that. I was a big Treasure fan. I perosnally found the older metroid games to be more in line with those, but the simle reasons that it didn't have all those reaction/counter events.
How long is it supposed to be? It's a Metroid game. I beat Dread in 7 hours, coz I fucked up on my first playthrough. As I said they're 2-7 hours long at most. You're complaining about a Metroid game being short? AYY LMAO! Dread actually has a much larger map than Super, Zero, SR & Fusion.
The only Metroid that took me more than 10 hours to beat was Super Metroid but that's coz I was just a kid when it came out. I could've easily beaten Dread in 5 hours or less the first time around but I got lost. On hard mode I did beat it 30 minutes after the 4 hour dead line & honestly that's the appeal of Metroid, for players like me. You won't really understand how well designed the combat, bosses, item locations & level designs are unless you specifically play for the '4 hour or under' time limit, coz it's only then that you take huge risks during battles just to save enough time to make it to the end in only 4 hours or less.

In the past maybe or with remakes maybe. I was expecting more content out of a modern game though, like with the Primes. The game felt hyper linear. That was my main issue with it. When I beat the final boss I was like "Was that it?" I guess its not so much the time, as it is the content I have a problem with in Dread.
Even then, wtf is so edgy about being combat-ready? How the fuck are you supposed to behave when you fight?
It's such a nonsensical argument.
Her mannerisms. Standing there with her head cocked to the side in cutscenes. The slow walking and shooting things to finish them off. The worst was the screaming during that part in the final boss fight.

The title of that video says it well. This is not Samus. This is something new and edgy made by a western developer.

Or when she just walks up to Kraid and just stands there stareing at him for like 10 seconds straight. While he was trying to slash at her. Made me wish one of those chains would break.

You sound like the 4channers, gamefaqs & Redditors who cry about Resident Evil characters not being realistic because they all know how to fight, when SpecOps are trained in at least judo, bjj, sambo & vale tudo real life trained MMA/Boxers can look just as sexy as RE characters do, but can still fight at a professional level like Van Zant.

The RE internet fags always complain about the martial prowess of RE characters, coz they think RE is about everymen when even in the original RE game they were ParaMilitary SpecOps. On top of that, what's so fucking weird about knowing how to fight?
Internet nerds act as if real life fighters aren't sexy in real life, lol.
I don't know how you came to that conclusion. You'll never hear me complaining about shit not being realistic, because in my mind none of this shit is unless its a sim. I was one of the people who despised the push for "realism" in gaming. I like games that are creative and original. Fuck racism sims. Give me cars with missile launchers and rocket boosters.

Whoever said that about Resident Evil must have confused the series with Silent Hill. The OG characters were special forces police officers, aside from Claire. I think the term they were looking for in the 4+ era was "ridiculous" not unrealistic, because suplexing Ganados, kicking people heads off and punching boulders was completely ridiculous. I have no problem with that, though. Its definitely removed from the horror, but I never found any RE game scary to begin with. LOL. Replacing it with fun combat mechanics was better.
How the hell is she supposed to fight? Just stand there and shoot?
That's what you end up doing most of the time, though. Running and gunning will just get you hit, because she runs to fast. You also can't make her move slowed which is another problem I had. Most games allow you to move slowing by slightly tilting the analog, or at least have a walked button. In Dread, she goes full spring the moment you even slightly nudge the analog. I ran into enemies so many times trying to reposition to get out of their attacks will shooting. There should have been a way to lock your direction while shooting but still move.
Damn near all of your complaints amount to "MEH I Didn't like it!" Sure it's ok to not like things, but just coz you don't like it doesn't mean that it's bad or that zero thought went into the game. In your case, you haven't bothered to explore what you can actually do within the game's system. You just claim that it seems linear, when it's actually not.
That's exactly what I said, though. That it wasn't bad, but I didn't enjoy it.

I think you've got me confused with this guy.

Hard Corps & Shattered Solder are what make Contra legendary though and although Dread never reaches the heights of Shattered Soldier's combat.
I still have the actual cartridge on the Genesis. I could beat Contra Hard Corps without a single death. Though types of games were right up my alley, but that is mainly because of the creative designs and diverse weapon systems. I'm also a big fan of the Megaman series. That's why I was curious about Gunbolt since it seems like the closest thing anyone is going to get to new Megaman now.
Raven was just as fun to fight as Phantom, and that's what matters most.
The Raven Beak boss fight was super scripted. It didn't take long at all for me to realize that shooting didn't matter in the first sequence. You just had to trigger flash event where he turns gold. Then use it again to damage his armor. You could should him for 3 minute straight and nothing would happen. You could move him to the second stage in 20 seconds if you just counter his dash attacks. 3rd phase was the same thing.

The way combat was designed in thread, it that you basically had to perform specific actions at specific times to beat enemies. Doing anything else meant big damage. One you learn what those things were, the boss fight was nothing. In older games, there were multiple ways of playing to beat enemies and multiple position to shoot and dodge. With Dread, you

The only fights I would call challenging were those fights with the guards that had the blasters and swords. For everyone else, it was just simply find dodge timing and dodge around it while spamming missiles. The Chozo warriors fights were the only ones I found fun.

I didn't even realize you could counter their charge slash. I didn't do it once. I just dodged and shot them until they died like you would do in a regular Metroid game.

Wow, I didn't know it was that easy to beat them. Kind of takes away from the fight now.

DaRealEvilone
Giant Smile

Post by DaRealEvilone »

Yes that gif

I was in a guild Whatsapp group if they mess I send to them lol

It's awesome you like Nintendo games

Switch OLED sold out can't buy

Good for me

I posted it b4
Still funny or whatever it could be categorized as
For.

Nikky Garcia

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

PC MODS. YEAH!!! I'm waiting on mods that make the Claire and Jill from RE2 and 3 Remakes look like the originals before I play those, because the new models are so ugly.

I'm debating on whether or not I want to get the Switch online expansion pack. if I did, it would absolutely be just to play Mario Kart 64 online. I don't know if that is worth 30 dollars, though.

Though, November is finally upon us and my preorder of the SMT4 Steelbook edition will finally be coming. I'm debating on whether or not to pick up Voice of Cards. I looks like it will be interesting and I like card games. I wish they would rerelease Baten Kaitos.