Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Re: NintenDOMINATION

Post by Jack »

Linea wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:51 am I'd rank the traditional Zelda games like this: TLOZ = ALTTP > OOT > WW > LA > MM > TP.
Only 100% ALTTP, OOT and MM though.
So where does Skyward Sword fit into this? Prolly to the right of Toilet Princess. I' was a Sony Pony since the mid-90s so damn near every Nintendo console game after the SNES is new to me. I did own a GBA & 3ds.
Most of the 3ds games had shitty ass tutorials which I heard was also one of Skyward Sword's main issues.

XED is right about how I don't really like Zelda since I've actually owned every single one of those games except for WW & TP, and the only one I actually liked was Link's Awakening Gameboy color version. I got it for free through 3ds. I would've loved OOT during its era, but I was playing it during a time where I was playing Skyrim and other modernized adventure type games which make OOT look very outdated in terms of design. OOT has better combat though lol.

I only call Skyward Sword, Skyward Bored coz everywhere I go, I hear about how boring it is. Deep down, I think it looks fun as fuck with every vid I've seen of it.

(I especially love the music like Ballad of the Goddess)
Kinda like how you can't even talk about Xenoblade 2 without hearing about how it's a sexist Harem Anime game, when it has fucking nothing to do with harems or even dating. It's a classic Adventure style game like Lunar, Grandia, Phantasy Star, all of the greats from the SNES,SEGA CD, GENESIS, PSX, SATURN era.
You can't ever state that, coz internet opinions are like zombies, they multiply and all they do is grunt mindless gibberish at you, because everyone else said it.
The first Zelda game I played was OOT and that was during the time it was considered the best game of all time, I wasn't super impressed with it from the start because it did not challenge me enough beyond needing to figure out where to go next, the pacing, atmosphere and control are top tier though ALTTP has all the former but with challenging combat, easily a 5/5 game imo.
I never considered LTTP challenging but it probably is when compared to other Zelda games. I put it up there with Super Metroid in terms of classics. I've been replaying those games since I was a kid, still not bored with them.

WW is mechanically and structurally similar to OOT but with better camera handling and combat. I never understood why guys like Sean Maelstrom hate it so much. He spent 10 posts chronicling the narrative of the Ultima series, but the minute Nintendo injects some story in their games its just Japanese people being retarded.
LOL is he still doing that? I took a glimpse at his recent posts, he's trashing Metroid Dread and thinks it's a stealth game about a robot dog, lol! I was under the impression that it was just an enemy type but the game doesn't revolve it. I'm fine with the inclusion coz I actually liked that Samus Return's enemies were far more hostile than usual Metroid enemies. He seems to be under the impression that Dread will revolve more around story. I think it'll just be another Samus Returns.
https://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2021 ... roid-fans/
He thinks that too, and that's exactly why he thinks it's bad.
I wish he'd elaborate. SR wasn't bad.
Was SR the best game ever? No, but it wasn't bad at all.
He probably got filtered hardcore by SR's combat, which I actually liked coz for me, anything that's actually gated through skill-tiers is a welcome addition. The amusing part is that he really likes BOTW, and views it as a modernized Legend of Zelda. I disagree coz the original Zelda & Zelda 2 were very arcady & every step felt like a fight for your life. If you like Zelda 1, you'll only like BOTW's openworld nature, but you'll fucking hate the combat since every fucking weapon breaks. Unlike Skyward Sword, there's no blacksmith.

EDIT: He did elaborate, but I disagree with everything he said.
https://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2021 ... oid-dread/
How is the shooting broken? Dude just jump backwards and keep on shooting. You don't actually need to do the uppercut, but it's an option for skilled-players who are speedrunning through the game.
I don't see the issue with it. His argument is basically, "I don't like it, so it's shit." Which is a typical rhetoric style of Westerners. I see them do it all the time with Xenoblade or Zelda games that they don't like. The most vehement Zelda haters I've seen were Zelda fans themselves, AYY LMAO!
They won't hate the Zelda game coz it's bad. They'll hate a Zelda game coz it's nothing like their favorite Zelda game. We live in a world where we somehow collectively-ignored that none of the Zelda games play the same at all. Not even LTTP & A Link Between Worlds play similarly. LTTP is actually challenging unlike LBW which is provlly even easier than BOTW. BOTW can be played as a Dark Souls type of game, with self-imposed challenges.

I don't fucking care about the story at all so I don't see why he thinks that people like me, are only in it for the plot, when I just think it looks like a solid game with a fairly dark atmosphere. To me, Dread looks horror-like. I don't know why the fuck they think Dread looks like a kid's game.
I'm at the point, where I just can not agree with Westerners any more. They're living in their own little world, will they allegedly state the standards, but the standards that they impose are from 30 years ago. Westerners have a hard time with moving on. This is probably why most Western gaming franchises are the same game, released over & over again but with a new coat of paint. The funny part, is that they even complain about this, yet they get angry when a game actually differs from the norm?
I like that with Japanese games, they usually change nearly everything from each installment. Otherwise, they wouldn't even bother with a sequel.

I also wish people would shut the fuck up about 2d sprites. 2d Sprites aren't coming back because they cost too much to develop. At most, you'll only ever get a BlazBlue/Guilty Gear style of 2d game which is just 2d art plastered on top of 3d models.
I even saw some retards showing off a Cel-shaded version they did of Metriod Dread which actually did look cartoony. Dread doesn't look cartoony to me at all. it looks grimy like Alien. Are we forgetting that Metroid's origins are the Alien movies? Did we forget what Alien used to look like? 1970s Alien had a spaceship with a sleek simplistic design, not unlike the EMMI robots.

https://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2021 ... -reaction/
Metroid Dread obviously looks like Samus Returns gameplay. I *despised* what Sakamoto did with Samus Returns. It is also ugly 3d. I am a Metroid fan, so Metroid 5 *should* be aimed at me. Yet, this game is going to get a hard pass from me.

I despise Samus-as-ninja gameplay. Metroid 5 is Ninja-Gaiden-In-Space. I’m sure Sakamoto will even put in cutscenes. Metroid 5 will clearly show that Nintendo has no idea how to do Metroid and indies will take over that genre (as they already have).

Folks, if Nintendo couldn’t make a good, satisfying 2d Metroid (a successor to Super Metroid) with Samus Returns, why would Metroid Dread be any different? And who wants to fight against a moron robot. The antagonist looks stupid.

Making a Metroid game is not THAT hard. Start with Super Metroid as the core gameplay and build from there. Better wall jumping mechanic. Larger and more levels. That sort of thing. Instead, we get ninja melee attacks with space robots. Metroid has always been a very organic game. Metroid is not about robots.

Wow this dude is just wrong on nearly every single point. I can see why I stopped reading his blog years ago. He's just an old man yelling at the clouds. I like Malstrom though, but I guess I just like his writing because he writes well. He doesn't have regurgitated opinions. he just has really stupid opinions, but he's still interesting.

First off, Metroid was always Bio-Mechanical. Mother brain was a bio-mechanical machine. It was a common trope during that era which you also saw in Phantasy Star 2, also named Mother Brain but she was an eco-machine who controlled the weather & animal species populations & the final boss from Turrican 1 who was some kind of man-made Bio- Terraformer which also functioned like a machine god that created & sustained life.

I have no idea what he means by Other M or Metroid 5 (Dread?) playing like Ninja Gaiden since it plays nothing like 2d Ninja Gaiden or 3d Ninja Gaiden. Wow this guy is absurd. Never mind that 2d NG itself is just a faster Castlevania, and not at all this hyper-kinetic anime game that he thinks Ninja Gaiden is. (I've never actually seen anyone compare NG to anime before, AYY LMAO! NG does remind me of Kawajiri anime, but Kawajiri anime are just Western style 80s/90s action movies, in drawn form.)
I disagree that indies have taken over the Metroid genre, because not a single one of them have ever imitated the isolated atmosphere that Metroid has, which Dread looks to have. I don't fucking understand how he completely overlook that Metroid usually revolves around isolated food webs, which are hostile to humans. Axiom Verge completely failed at this. Hollow Knight plays more like a Castlevania, and hell nearly every Metroidlike I can think of plays more like a Castlevania. I can't think of a single one that plays like Metroid. I bet you that he can't either, which is why he didn't name-drop any.

Did this guy just completely forget about Zero Mission where you actually have to run away & survive as Zero Suit Samus, showing to you for the first time (well actually Fusion did it first.) just how vulnerable Samus is without her power armor on. Even the most basic of Space Pirates comes off like a horror movie monster who can kill you at any moment that you make the wrong move. Dread also showed this.
I'm certain that this motherfucker has never played the GBA games, since both of them have implemented stealth and did it really well. Both of those titles were Sakamoto games.

I'm shocked that he hated Age of Calamity, which did suck. I'm shocked coz he loved the original Hyrule Warriors, AYY LMAO! He said that Fire Emblem Warriors was a flop because it's anime.
Somehow Zelda is not considered anime even though it has its own manga series & everything, lol. It's kinda like how SMash Bros fags hate every single DLC character except Steve & Banjo Kazooie, who are actually the two DLC characters with the worst gameplay.
Breath of the Wild 2 just looks LAME. Those aren’t islands in the sky. Those are puzzles. I know what Aonuma is doing. I think BoW 2 will play more like puzzles-in-sky and not like a true open world (as BoW 1 was).

But little is shown. We will know more. I’m going based off of experience and instinct of covering Nintendo for well over a decade.

Overall, I thought Nintendo’s offering was extremely weak. I see Metroid 5 and BoW 2 as pulling the legs from those franchises. Metroid is very near extinct as an IP. Nintendo keeps failing in the 2d side. It all depends on Prime 4.

Breath of the Wild is mimicking Ocarina of Time in that Aonuma will milk the market with mediocre puzzle-story Zelda games as long as he can under the marketing illusion that it is the next Breath of Wild or Ocarina of Time. When sales get too low, then, and only then, does Nintendo actually work hard to make a good Zelda game. So expect the next truly good Zelda game in 2035.
I don't fucking care about true open world. I've never played a true open world game that provided me with a decent challenge. I play games to conquer dungeons & destroy enemies, not go sight seeing.

You weren't exaggerating about him constantly complaining about Japanese story telling, he does it in nearly every post. it's true, Jap story telling is bad. I think Western story telling is worse though.
When Westerners make a philosophical game, they make the characters read verbatim what they learned through wikipedia. When Japanese make a philosophical game, they make something like Dark Souls, which lives its philosophy, instead of talking about it.

I don't even like Dark Souls. I'm just stating the differences in approach between the regions.
Westerners talk a lot, but say fucking nothing.

I don't even understand why Mal loves BOTW so much. It wasn't that great. It doesn't even play anything like fuckng Ultima. I don't know where the hell he gets that from. Simply being a big open world doesn't make them anywhere near similar. Ultima is a very dialogue heavy game. There's a reason why Elder Scrolls is generally viewed as the originator of this game style. Daggerfall had better exploration, although it's due to how the actual dialogue felt like randomly generated NPCs, lol. If you were to make comparisons to Oblivion or Skyrim to BOTW, you'd have a lot of people agreeing with you although that's not that accurate either. BOTW clearly plays like an action game, and even imitates animations from the Assassin's creed series.

BOTW's not a bad game either, but if you're from the Playstation, you've already played Far Cry Primal, Ass Creed and countless other games that play just like BOTW & will even have similar animations & gimmicks.
What makes BOTW great for me is Hyrule Castle, which plays out like MGSV Ground Zeros, except Hyrule Castle is the only fucking dungeon in the game, and it's also the final dungeon when it feels like an intro stage, AYY LMAO!

Ima take a gamble on Skyward Sword. I liked what I saw of Mario Galaxy and that was a good game. I hated the forced gyro controls though, which made it hard to navigate some of the levels where you had to hold the controller a certain way to make some jumps.

He spent 10 posts chronicling the narrative of the Ultima series, but the minute Nintendo injects some story in their games its just Japanese people being retarded
It really shows his age though. I was only a kid back when the Ultima series ended, lol. He seems to have grown up with Ultima.
He really overrates the shit out of Ultima when I guarantee you that about the only people who still remember what that game is, are Japanese themselves, AYY LMAO! (Kinda like the same issue that Wizardry has.)
Ultima V was actually my first Western Rpg ever. I think it was UV or Ultima 6. It was the SNES game, where you try to forge peace with Gargoyles.

The last Malstrom post I read, he was going on & on about how Ys 8 Lacrimosa of Dana is awesome, because the story revolves around survival when I struggle trying to replay Ys 8 precisely due to how fucking boring the story is during the first 3/4rths of the game. It's just generic survival bullshit, but it's all scripted so it's not interesting. Of course he liked Ys's gameplay, which is ok. I thought Y's gameplay was good until I got me a Switch, and got me a copy of Xenoblade 2 which showed to me just how brainless YS's combat actually is.
In Ys, the only thing you need to know how to do is when to dodge. In XB2, there's so much to keep track of. One of the main utilities of XB2's combat system are Blade combos, which so few people know how to do, coz they never learned how to play it. Blade combos are when you do special arts in sequential numerical order which are hot-potatoed through a roulette of elementals. You start off with any elemental you wish, so long as you use special art tier 1. When you jump to the next special art tier 2, you need to use a different elemental that's part of the roulette, and you repeat this process until you have max affinity through special art 4. That's just one aspect of the combat. Most people only understand chain combos, they don't even know how to cancel moves, which functions like a fighting game.

I'd really like to see what his opinion on Xenoblade 2 is. I ponder if he'd hate on it the same way nearly the entire Internet fanbase does, as animu fan service harem anime bullshit. Ironic really, coz the game itself has nothing to do with harems. That's just racist ass Americans jumping to conclusions as usual. Americans won't stop calling XB2 sexist & misogynist, they form some kind of political movement around it.
It's funny coz they go on about how superior Xenoblade 1 is, but that game actually isn't that good at all.

if Xenoblade were as good as they claim it to be, it would've sold more than 1 million copies. Even Pikman 3 sold 3 million at least.
Xenoblade fans are so damn delusional that they think it was Xenoblade 1 that made their profits go up, rather than Animal Crossing, lol. It makes more sense to me that it was AC which led to it, since there's over 30 million copies of AC sold. Xb1 only sold 1 million. XB2 only 2 million.

I hate the XB fanbase so much, that I am finally going to get rid every XB game I own. They were fun games during the Corona lockdown, but I don't need them any more.
I said my piece with some tldr posts I wrote at another board, and I don't plan to add on or rebuttal to it. I'm just sick of it.
I recently got jumped on in a Youtube comments section where I was the only one who said that Xb2 is better.
The haters who claim the game sucks, they'll just tell you all you have to do is chain combo. Which makes me laugh. it tells me that they only played normal mode and didn't bother with challenge or Bringer of Chaos, where you actually need to understand the fight mechanics. Most of these imbeciles don't even know the basics for blade combos.
They just call it "convoluted combat" as though that were a bad thing. Guilty Gear's fighting system is complicated as fuck, it doesn't make it a bad fighting game though. Same logic applies with XB2, but you'll always get shouted down if you think XB1's MMO combat is too simple & shallow, which it is.

This is why I fucking hate Jrpgs & Jrpg fans in general. Jrpg fans actually hate games. They only play games for story, music & how badass the games make them feel. (Xenoblade 1 makes them feel badass. They're proud to show it off. Xenoblade 2 embarrasses them with the animu titties, they always claim that they're afraid to show it off. LOL!) I love games, which is why you see me playing nearly every genre. Except for stuff like visual novels since they're not games. I do like classic ADV games though like Famicom Detective Club, since they were structured like a text-based Zelda game, but with little to no combat

I know for certain that Malstrom really hates Fire Emblem, but last I recall, Fire Emblem games used to depict women being raped & little kids being murdered during war. FE games were dark during the Kaga era (FE Three House's intro when you start a new game was very Kaga-like. Especially when you learn why that lady is hugging a bloody sword.), which is probably the main reason that none of them were localized to the West, aside for the genre iteself.
Ironically, it'd be harder to localize SNES FE games now, due to the USA's hyper politicized environment.
USA is always hyper-politicized but Japan used to get along well with the USA, coz Americans used to be the epitome of virility which meshed well with Jap stoicism.

USA is so gay these days that Japan itself has to issue a warning to China that they will go to war with them if China attacks Taiwan. JAPAN, A COUNTRY THAT DOESN'T HAVE A REAL OFFENSIVE MILITARY! Japan can mobilize & create offensive forces + nukes over night though, shall the need arise. Biden sure as fuck ain't going to abide by Japan's Article 9. Fuck him! It's hilarious, this was a scenario that Killer7 was warning about. k7 even got the exact party right, the Liberals.
A few months ago, Japan didn't even have to worry about that due to how Trump completely stabilized that region. Then again he also issued a ceasefire in the Middle East and even that got fucked up in just a few months of Biden.

This is why I can't totally hate on Malstrom (even though he's completely off his rocker these days.), coz he gets dogged on by the same internet assholes who hate on me.
USA has a bunch of internet retards who seem to live on the internet, who will proceed to terrorize you if they hate your opinions. Despite how this used to be a free country and we used to be able to say what ever the fuck we wanted.

Malstrom is an intelligent guy with interesting observations, even though I disagree with him 95% of the time, lol. I find Malstrom's political commentary to be far more astute than his gaming commentary.
He's one of the few I've seen who has stated that Trump appeals more to a typical Blue Collar Democrat voter than he would to a normal Republican.
https://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2016 ... -defiance/
Which is true. I see all sorts of Lefty degenerates supporting & voting for Trump. It makes me laugh that the USA is really just a bunch of Lefties calling each other "Far Right". Liberal, Conservative? None of those words mean anything in the USA. Just like how racist, white, nazi & fascist don't mean anything in the USA. They're just buzzwords that express a feeling of disgust. Americans are basically grunting at you when they call you a cuck or an incel, or White supremacist.

The Neocons actually left the Republican party, to join the Democrats which is why 2021 Democrats act exactly like Bush-era Neocons, and Biden himself is Liberal George Bush.
Tim Scott is Cuckservative Obama, and so on & so on.I'm not saying that coz he's Black. (There's tons of Black conservatives, most beloved of them being Thomas Sowel & Allen West.) I loved Herman Cain. I'm saying that Scott is a faggot, coz Scott is a complete Corporatist stooge, just like Obama. It's maddening just how fake & gay everything is in the USA.

Malston doesn't praise or hate Orangeman. Malstrom just compared Trump to Harry Truman, which is a fairly decent observation. I recall making similar statements in the past.
It fucking angers me how modern Americans don't even seem to know or give a shit about the world pre-Obama so they can't even fucking point out to you Truman. They only know Reagan, Nixon, & Bush, because they were all labeled as 'Hitler' during their era, AYY LMAO! Even Bill Clinton seems to be forgotten, and he's still alive. Hillary Clinton is more known, but she was never even president. I wish Malstrom spent more time talking about real world shit than he does about video game shit.

His current vidya gaem opinions are garbage. When you ignore Mal's posturing, what you'll find is that he'll hate any aspect from a game if it actually requires a challenge. That's why he loves BOTW, a game that has zero challenge. Despite that, BOTW is still a really good game, for what it is.
Not my type of game, but I can see why BOTW is popular.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

I got me Skyward Sword on day 1. (No I did not trade in XB2 like I planned to. That fucking game keeps winning me over with its combat, when played at the highest settings.) SS is fucking great. The analog controls function just like Mount & Blade Warband. I'll go more in depth in the action game thread coz it reminds me a lot of Ninja Gaiden Black/Sigma, which in itself was like a mature Ninja version of a Zelda game.

I really don't understand the complaints about the linearity, because overall SS feels just like every other Zelda game. Ocarina of Time was just as linear from what I've seen so far. The complaints I've heard, made it sound like Skyward Sword had no level design when the levels & dungeons themselves are huge, but unlike BOTW, it's not huge & empty.

The fighting is fucking amazing though. It reminds me of SNK's Crossed Swords & the Mount & Blade series, you're actually fencing. It's the only Zelda game I've ever played that actually had good combat. I was skeptical, but SS's combat is very tactical and most of all, fast. If only Age of Calamity played like this. You feel like a badass in SS whenever you successfully fight off a huge horde just through out maneuvering & countering them.

It's true that it there's lots of talking & barely any action for long strecthes of time, but I don't mind it at all because the simple act of movement is fun, like a Mario game. Link even wall jumps like Ryu. The overall movement of SS reminds me of Ninja Gaiden. BOTW has similar movement as SS, but BOTW is a lot slower.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

I still feel Skyward Sword is best with motion controls, because that's how it was designed to be played. I've played with numerous controls schemes over the years from the dial shit on the Atari or whatever to the touchscreen with Keyboard and Mouse being my preferred. To me they are all just different ways to game. I'm not in love with any of them, and I'd get bored with just one.

Yeah, most games just tacked on motion control and didn't implement them well, but then there were games that used them to actually better the gameplay. Skyward Sword was one of them. NHM was also one of them. A few others I can remember were Red Steel 2, Metroid Prime 3, Wii Sports Resort, The Conduit 1 and 2, Mario Galax 1 and 2(of course) and the best game that never got released stateside. Zangeki No Reginleiv. It was made by the people who made Robot Alchemic Drive(R.A.D.) and Earth Defense Force. It was a gory hack and slash against giants. It had 4 player online coop as well....and I just found out that there is an English patch for it, so time to pull my Wii back out.

Most people are simply averse to trying anything new or different, but that's what I'm all about. I'm kind of sad at how little Nintendo used the Switches HD rumble outside of launch titles. Its the same shit they did with the Wii U gamepad.

I don't get people's hatred for motion controls. I had been looking forward to controlling games with my hands like they would show in movie ever since I was child. Its like it became a meme, then everyone just bandwagon hated it. Which made it ironic when those same people were saying how "MOVE" and "KINECT" would kill the Wii ahead of their releases back in the day which kind of showed that most of it stemmed from gamers general disdain for Nintendo's success. They hated motion controls, but suddenly loves them when companies they liked made copies.

EDIT: Speaking of which, DrTre just voiced this same thing with people foaming at the mouth over the Stream Deck, claiming its a Nintendo Switch killer like they did with Move and Kinect vs the Wiimote.

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Pokemon Unite is hype, lol. I can't believe how addicting that game is. It's way better in ranked though. I'm in the "Great" skill class in ranked. Quick matchs are the easiest coz it seem to be filled with retards who don't even know how to play a moba. In Quick match, I can solo everybody as Snorlax & Slowbro, just making everyone fall asleep and then I squash them with Snor's fat ass.
I've never really played a real moba, but I played tons of Xenoblade 2 on BOC mode and XB2 plays exactly like a moba, but in single player. Even down to the part where you have to wait after a full 3-hit combo animation before activating a move for a hit bonus. That's actually why I prefer playing Unite though, MOBA just makes more sense as a competitive arena game, coz otherwise, why the fuck would I waste my time watching a bunch of cpu fags kick each others' asses? At least in MOBA, you also get the privilege to rub your victory all over the loser's face.

Skyward Sword is easily my fave Zelda so far though. It's funny, I didn't like BOTW anywhere near this much, but I guess this how much I prefer actual challenge from dungeon design & combat. I don't like virtual reality sims. I plan to rebuy BOTW though, since that game is still the closest thing there is to Skyward Sowrd on the switch. Not unless Bannerlord or Warband get released on Switch, which it won't.
For somer reason, Switch is the most popular system by the consumers, but the actual developers & publishers keep ignoring Switch in favor of PS4 & PS5.
Yeah, most games just tacked on motion control and didn't implement them well, but then there were games that used them to actually better the gameplay. Skyward Sword was one of them.
Yeah coz it's made by Nintendo. Nearly everything they do is highly polished & refined, on the first try. You didn't even mention arms which uses gyro controls. Nearly every game on Switch uses gyro. I still prefer analog & joystick. It's actually only the pc faggots who cry & whine about analog all the time, because they're so used to their keyboard + mouse 8star handicap. Handicap as in they have an 8 star advantage like in SNES Street Fighter. As I will explain later in this post. It's not the control that matters, it's how you metagame. The controller is just a means of transmission.

Krizzx wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:26 am I still feel Skyward Sword is best with motion controls, because that's how it was designed to be played. I've played with numerous controls schemes over the years from the dial shit on the Atari or whatever to the touchscreen with Keyboard and Mouse being my preferred. To me they are all just different ways to game. I'm not in love with any of them, and I'd get bored with just one.
Most people are simply averse to trying anything new or different, but that's what I'm all about. I'm kind of sad at how little Nintendo used the Switches HD rumble outside of launch titles. Its the same shit they did with the Wii U gamepad.
You know what you sound like? "Most people are simply averse to trying anything new or different, but that's what I'm all about. How do you know that you don't like male buttcrack? You never tried it! I'd get bored with just female, I'm not in love with any of them. Feminine penis is the height of ecstasy. Balding male butthole is a different kind of feminine buttcrack."

You're basically arguing for the novelty, just because it's different. I've had my fun using a driving wheel for Daytona USA, I'd still rather use the Saturn control pad, because I can play at a higher level with a Saturn pad.

I'm the type of guy, who doesn't even like female buttcrack, let alone whatever male tranny bullshit the fuck Americans are pushing on kids these days, because shit on a dick ain't no meme.
Goddamn I sure miss the days when cultural predators were pushing drugs on kids, at least during that era, American media was allowed to hit back with extreme anti-drug propaganda via 80s Action movies where 1 muscular huge Military guy kills the entire drug cartel by himself.
Unlike now, where Americans just accept or push that eating buttcrack is normal. Any buttcrack. The fuck is up with this gay ass country? You'll catch viral diseases from buttcrack. ONLY IN AMERICA, where everyone is free to be fucking retarded! The reading material for American kids these days are all pro LGBT bullshit. When I was a kid, we were still reading Goosebumps & Dr Seuss. I don't recall being force-fed anything that was politically racial or sexual.

Anyway I use whatever gains me the most efficiency, which are arcade joysticks or the sega saturn control pad, which is basically an arcade stick.
I often find that most people who complain about console controllers, hold it like plebs with their palms behind the controls.

There's more than one way to hold a controller, and I find controlling Skyward Sword to be no different than how one would control Smash Bros. You get the left stick for movement, the right stick for directional based combat, just like Smash Bros. So I hold the left side behind the palm, the right side overhand like an arcade joystick where you're just flicking the stick like Daigo.
https://www.profightstick.com/how-to-hold-a-fightstick/
How I hold a controller differs between the game, sometimes I overhand the left stick. I overhand which ever side needs instant-twitch trigger reactions.
In Rogue Company, I go up against Mouse & Keyboard faggots all the time, but I still dominate with 40+ kills and almost always in the top 2.
What I find is that the easiest & hardest players to go up against are control pad players.
No this has nothing to do with autoaim, I always turn that shit off coz it screws up my aiming due to how autoaim only goes for center mass. I always shoot the head.

The hardest players are the ones with the best movement, those with the best movement are generally playing with a controller or joystick coz it's near impossible to imitate the same movement mannerisms with a keyboard. I would like keyboard + mouse way better if I could switch movement to mouse since I play shooters the same exact way that I play fighting games.
I bait people into playing my gamestyle. I don't try to outshoot them. (Which seems to be the only way that I ever see PC fags play, they think the only way to win in a shooter is to win the gun fight.)
I force them into running out of ammo just trying to shoot me once, and then I taunt them by running straight into their face while they're reloading, and I just kill them with Rogue Company Mack's sword, lol.
The best strategies I've seen actually came from Fortnite players, who actually do use your own movement against you. I've already explained those strats at the shooter thread.

My best Roco characters are Phantom, Kestrel & Switchblade. Switchblade is just broken and will be nerfed. She has the most braindead loadout I ever seen. How could you possibly lose with a rocket launcher and a gun that just eats you up at close-range though hipfire?
Phantom & Kestrel though? I use nothing but pure fighting game tactics with those two.
Phantom is a funny one coz she's simultaneously considered as the worst or the best character in the game.
I personally have the hardest time against good Phantoms, because Phantom has the best passive in the game, a shot that cripples you, and deprives you from regaining your life.
Another good tool she has, that barely anyone uses well is her smokebomb. The plebs claim that her bomb is useless because opponents will just walk out of the way. I, coming from a fighting game background have always laughed at that accusation.

I always use her bomb as a shield of sorts, where I'll fire it at place that I'm about to run at, or run past.
If I place the bomb in a location that I'm planning to camp at. I just run to the smoke and then I circle strife while shooting at everything. I almost always get two kills from it, because most pc faggots are expecting me to run out of the smoke.
If I run past the smoke, It's because I'm trying to cross between a place that has no cover, to quickly transition to a place that does have cover. The smoke bomb gives me that split second opening to reach for cover without getting shot.
I also use Phantom's smokebomb as a shield whenever I have to heal someone. Not only does her smoke conceal every ally whose in it. It will also reveal everyone whose dumb enough to step inside it, where they're get promptly shot by me. Her smokebomb is also good as an evasive tactic, which I always use whenever I'm cornered, but I'm almost always able to escape once the bomb is activated since she doesn't use a normal smokebomb. Her's is impossible to see through.
Phantom is a sniper, but I just use her assault rifle and hipfire it like Contra.

Kestrel seems to be my overall best character, and I do nothing but flank, zone & breech as her.
If I'm constantly running & jumping all over the place like some COD player (In reality, Call of Duty players just camp like pussies. It's the oldschool Boomer Shooter crowd who are running & jumping everywhere, the types of shooters I grew up on.) as Phantom & Switchblade.
With Kestrel, I'm just slowly walking through her silent walk skill. I'll just sneakily flank and gun down as many people as I can from behind firing lines, and whenever she does have a full frontal confrontation, just fire out the drones.
This bitch's loadout is so nuts that she can even self-heal, which makes her feel even more like an unstoppable Terminator whose just slowly walking & killing everything. It also helps that she has a skill that makes her aim as steady as Phantom.
I dunno why, for some reason it's really hard for people to shoot at a slowly moving target like Kestrel or that Yakuza guy. The Yakuza has a good toolkit too, but I prefer's Kestrel's self-heal & drones.

I used to main Anvil & Mack, the two biggest & loudest guys. They're good, but their reload is so slow. Mack works better as a melee berserker anyway due to his instant re-heal. His sword has the highest dps outside of Phantom & The Fixer's sniper rifles. Phantom is the best run n gun coz of her passive. I even have a hard time fighting against Phantoms who just use her handgun.

I'll post my killstats at the shooter thread.
Keyboard & mouse faggots may have better aim, but I'm constantly pulling off these crazy ass trickshots with an analog. The 180 jump rocket launcher shot with Switchblade is so fucking hilarious coz I'll just jump straight into a crowd and fire the rocket while spinning in the direction that they're camping at, and then I run away as they're being molten by the explosion.

My point being, who fucking cares about what controls you're using? All that matters is your efficiency.
The average PC gamer has very low meta-gaming skills, and seems to only think in terms of shooting the opponent. Yes, Mouse has the easiest shooting controls. It doesn't seem to matter if you still miss against a target that's constantly jumping & rolling in between cover while taking potshots at you in between cover.
Pc faggots always leave themselves wide open for a reload, while my gun is still loaded & ready to go.

This is the same thread where I explained how people use console style controllers, at a high level. It's funny that this thread keeps repeating conversations. The Nintendo thread seems to be a general thread for everything though, since Nintendo legit dominate over everyone, while Soyny & Microshit are living inside of a bubble that's about to burst.
The irony is that on internet, you'll usually hear about how it's Nintendo whose trapped inside of a bubble that's about to burst and will soon get bought out by Microdick or Soyny LOL! at sony buying anyone of Nintendo's caliber out. Which is fucking funny after you take a look at Nintendo's financials (nearly everything they do generates large profit margins.), which is easy to do since Nintendo releases a public account of their financials every single year.
Unlike Soyny who keeps it hidden.

EDIT: Speaking of which, DrTre just voiced this same thing with people foaming at the mouth over the Stream Deck, claiming its a Nintendo Switch killer like they did with Move and Kinect vs the Wiimote.
Those were bots & marketer faggots. I saw that bullshit too. I immediately called out those Steamdick retards, and I pointed out to all of the previous steam machines that failed. Sure, portable is part of the reason why Switch is so popular, but the other main reason is Nintendo games. You're still not getting nintendo games on Steam.

I can already play most of Steam's library on the Switch, which is something that most of Steamdick's shills are completely oblivious about for some reason. Even games that look like too powerful for Switch to handle, can usually be played through cloud. Actually out of the big 3 consoleplebs, it's actually Switch's eshop library that's the most similar to Steam. Although that's not exactly a good thing, since that means that Nintendo's eshop is also filled with garbage, because it has the same exact fucking garbage that Steam has.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
DaRealEvilone
Giant Smile

Post by DaRealEvilone »

I was reading yours posts but not completely

I'm mad couldn't pre-order switch oled
Since I was working

I hate scalpers confirmed pfffts

Bro
Sony ps5 suxks
Xbox series x suckz
And kow nintendo

Someone help
DaRealEvilone
Giant Smile

Post by DaRealEvilone »

You are a good observer
When wind waker released fans was mad it wasn't as ocarina of time
Then tp was released , tp is just as a sequel to ocarina

It is as you said

Fans don't like change
It is funny that you like skyward sword

I never played it, I was working full time when it released
Bought it for sister , she loves it
Back then
Now I don't even know

I do like breath of the wild but it does need more challenges
Weapon breaking sucks

Fans just want the game to remain the same
Reason they attack Metroid too
It's hard to please everyone
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Ah, Sessler. One of the few respectable game reviewers still active in the industry. He mostly nailed it with this one. He also, sort of, recognized the benefits of motion control.

DaRealEvilone
Giant Smile

Post by DaRealEvilone »

I still remember when sassler run away to retirement
Due in part from Nintendo fans

Nintendo instill amazing company regardless of nwo

I noticed by playing mobile games
Their agenda to introduce g@y agenda
And cyborgs
I thought I was overthinking it
And then their agendas to use ai, like ai guiding you on a constant basics
As Sophia, Erika bank of America

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

DaRealEvilone wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:05 pm I still remember when sassler run away to retirement
Due in part from Nintendo fans

It was actually Sony fans.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/69 ... 4/67641301

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Krizzx wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:29 am Ah, Sessler. One of the few respectable game reviewers still active in the industry. He mostly nailed it with this one. He also, sort of, recognized the benefits of motion control.

That was a milquetoast review if I've ever seen one. He gave it a predictable nearly perfect 5 out of 5 score (coz Nintendo!) but then complained about stupid shit such as crossing ropes in the first level, that he called busy work. Busy work imo is when a task is extremely redundant, walking back & forth just talking to text boxes, like Shenmue 3.
SS doesn't feel like busy work to me. I do agree that the intro is long as fuck though. it really did take me 3 hours just to finally start the game, AYY LMAO!

He tried being like the bad old days with Morgan 'used to be a Titty monster" (Her Millionaire manlet husband
that she's taller than, is a faggot, and told her to get a titty reduction. Now all that's left is her ugly face, lol.) and cut a lot of jokes. Most of which weren't even funny. if anything, Sess was actually most negative about the motion controls more than anything else.

I don't have a problem with the button controls at all, but it's because I've seen much worse. The entire Ninja Gaiden trilogy forces you to hold the controller claw style due to how fucking awful the camera is for every single one of their games.

I find SS's camera to be much more functional than BOTW's at least. I don't understand why BOTW's camera doesn't get as much hate when the lock on function barely works and the fucking camera moves out of view even when you hold the lock on button down lol. Having to constantly press a shoulder button in SS was a godsend when compared to BOTW.

I would've placed much more emphasis on how the entire game runs at a smooth 60 fps, which makes SS feel much more new than something like Monster Hunter Stories 2 & Ys 9 which both have some fucking terrible lag & frame rates.

Sessler did make a lot of funny jokes about BOTW though that I did agree with. (Especially the map emptiness.)
Not that he writes his own scripts.
https://kiwifarms.net/threads/adam-sessler.40394/

Ouch though, that Sess vid has only 30k views.
Personally I vastly prefer The Legend, Joe Rediefer who can get over 100k views in one day, and has never been corporate-backed. Everything he does is grass roots from his own pocket. (He does have sponsors now, but that didn't happen until a few months ago.)

Although this video is under 50k views, lol. I blame it on the game. He's trolling btw, he fucking loves Ys 9 and says it's the best of the series. I feel like I'm obligated to get it, only coz I bought a Switch a month after Ys 8 came to Switch, but a month later you couldn't find a physical copy of Ys 8 at all.
Jrpgs though, I always get bored of them after several playthroughs. I even got rid of Xb2 & Torna coz I felt that Monster Hunter & God Eater had a much better grinding loop. Plus, wtf is there left to do after you own every single business in XB2? I had over 20 million credits, but nothing to spend it on coz I bought everyone out.

That Joe clown has been reviewing shit since the 90s, but he'd do it oldschool through internet message boards. Boards that I used when I was a teen, damn it's been that fucking long.
Now this idiot has his own show.

SS is still one of the better Zeldas imo. Do not listen to Sess when he claims that Majora's Mask is the best, that's insanity! I got MM for free on the 3ds due to how I was given $60 store credit instead of $6 by accident. I even told the clerk that it seemed to be a mistype, but they let me have MM for free anyway, and then they fired the girl who incorrectly typed out my receipt, LOL!
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage