Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Re: Fan Translations, emlation and modifications

Post by Jack »

Krizzx wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:06 am Damn, they took that down quick
Perhaps I'll re upload that MM2 patched rom some time. I have it. I dl'd it precisely coz I saw a heated argument going on in that page before it was taken down. The comments are gone, and so is the rom.

Cdromance has an english patch of Vixen. I should try that sometime.

What I really want is an English patch of Hybrid Front. Now that game has an interesting story.

It feels like a Left-Leaning version of Ghost in the Shell but we're actually seeing the world wars play out amongst corporations. GITS has always took place after the two Big Corporate funded wars.
HF has a political plot that's more complex than anything I've ever seen from a vidya gaem, outside of Suda's own K7/SC/FSR games.
That's what's amusing though, Suda clearly has a Nationalistic perspective on politics. (Which is funny coz trannys on the internet accuse me of calling him a SJW, when all of Suda's KTP games look like Right wing fear mongering to me AYY LMAO! It's just that Right wing in Japan is actually called Liberal Democrat. I think Imperialists do this on purpose just to shit on Americans Dumbocracy.)

Hybrid Front is just as politically complex as Suda's games, except Hybrid Front comes at you from a Leftist alarmist fearmongering globalized conglomerate eco-terrorism perspective.
I mean a real Leftist too, not those stupid American Leftists who are actually just Corporatists who call themselves Liberals. It'll never stop being funny to me that American politics is just two factions of fucking morons fighting over which Big Corporation they suck off more.... LOL!!
Then you see video games such as Hybrid Front & Suda's KTP which talk about real political issues that you rarely ever hear Americans mention, and if they do, it's only to win you over to their preferred Big Corporation, AYY LMAO!

From what I've seen of the intro and it's a long fucking intro that goes on & on forever but the music & art is so good that I don't mind. The writing is so complex to the point that I'd rather wait for an English patch instead of translating as I play.
Hybrid Front is about political factions which are formed through Big Corporations (LOL in the USA, you get labeled as a Huwite Supremacist just for saying that word when Big Corporations has always been a Lefty boogie man.) fighting over control of resources & land. Kinda like Dune really. (Funny how Dune gets labeled as Huwite Supremacist propaganda just coz the main character is Huwite. Oh boy the USA is a mess!)

HF has fucking amazing music. It sounds like Majin Tensei.

This shit is way more high quality than the Fire Emblem games were during that era.
I really think Nintendo made a misstep with the latest Advance Wars game, they should've just did another Days of Ruin and make it as story & rpg focused as Three Houses. Days of Ruin flopped coz they made it during an era where Western gamers were all on the Xbox. As opposed to now where they're mostly scattered on PC & the Switch.

I never even heard of that HF game until 2019 with the Genesis Mini. It's sad how such a badass game is so unknown outside of Japan.
Last edited by Jack on Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Krizzx wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:26 pm This is the only Phantasy Star I didn't play through, because it was so slow and boring. Looked like they fixed that.

https://cdromance.com/sega_genesis_roms ... anslation/
I played PS3 when it first came out, and I recall that game being awesome. I rented it several times, and I loved it until PS4 completely destroyed the rest of the series with its greatness.
It was actually PS2 that came off as extremely outdated even by the early 90s standards.
I find it funny how internet has completely changed the reality of how things actually were back in the day, coz I recall PS3 being extremely highly rated back in the day in all of the leading 90s era console gaming magazines.

I saw at least one video that brings this up and he even shows scanned proof that PS3 used to be a very beloved game during that era.

PS3 is actually the highest rated PS game during its era. It's certainly the most original, but PS4 is the most polished product.
it's kinda like how Zelda 2 was really popular when I was a kid, and it was basically Dark Souls before there ever was a Dark Souls, in the sense that both games are just as esoteric & obtuse.
Then the internet hate machine came, and memed Zelda 2 as a shit game when it was loved during the NES era.

Altered Beast is another game which was considered a masterpiece during its era, but gets nothing but shit on by modern day gamers. It's really easy to see which era a person came from just judging from how they regard those 3 games. I've actually always hated Altered Beast, but that game was before my time. I didn't jump on the Genesis bandwagon until it came packaged with Sonic. As a kid, I thought Altered Beast looked gay as fuck coz you play as a bunch of big beefy naked White dudes who turn into bigger, beefier naked monsters, AYY LMAO! Do not want! With Sonic, I just saw the commercial on tv advertising The Genesis with the Sonic teh Hedgeheg pack-in, I turned to my mom and told her "Buy me that for christmas!" and they actually did. CRAZY!

As for Phatnasty Star, only 4 & 1 really stood the test of time and are still fun to play today.
PS2 is extremely overrated, every time I try to beat that game in the modern era, I always quit coz the dungeon design is so damn confusing and it doesn't help that there's a lot of foreground objects that get in your way.
PS2 was ahead of its time back in the 1980s, and I remember how futuristic it looked back when I saw the commercials on tv as a kid. I think a lot of PS2's nostalgia came from how PS2 was marketed, and how unique it was within the Western gaming market during that era. Most of us have never heard of, or even know what a Rpg was. I don't even think the term Jrpg was around yet despite Dragon Quest, Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy & Megami Tensei all existing back in the mid 80s.
PS2 was less esoteric to gamers back then coz everyone who bought a PS2 copy had a huge guidebook that came packed in with it, which came with maps for every dungeon. You had to actually game along side with the guide book since the last few levels are near impossible to traverse without some kind of meta-material like a guidebook & map guiding you.
PS1's levels were simple enough that you could just graph the entire map out due to how the entire dungeon can be cartographed by hand, piece by piece through blocks.

PS3 is way better than PS2 to me coz the dungeons are a fucking joke for the most part but the fighting is much harder to compensate for the braindead level design. It's not that the level design was braindead, it's more that PS3 had realistically designed dungeons. The caves just look like real life caves, castles look like realistic castle designs whereas in PS2, every single dungeon was some huge randomly designed labyrinth that made no thematic or utilitarian sense at all.
PS3 also started off with a much more interesting hook, although that Blue Hair bitch actually has nothing to do with the plot.
I also think that PS3 has much better music. I don't like that 70s style poprock shit that PS2 had going on at all. Everything sounded happy in PS2, including the fight with mother brain, lol.
PS3 had atmospheric music which sounded like a creeping evil.

Modern gamers always claim that the battle music is the ugliest song they ever heard but I love it, because it sounds so EVIL!

Especially the part that starts at :33 seconds. I prefer that type of music over the happy bullshit that was in every single battle of PS2.

Those are such awesome visuals but it's ruined by the peppery pop music, AYY LMAO!

Thankfully PS4 got it right with the most badass final boss Jrpg song of all time. Or one of the most badass.

I like how the boss songs starts out as this evil & depressing PS3 style shit, but then it turns into a full blown heavy metal song once the final boss takes the form of Mother Brain lol.

I can see why PS2 fans were so pissed with PS3 coz PS2 ended with this awesome cliffhanger, battle to the death against Earthlings but PS3 seems to be set in this alternate reality medival fantasy world until it's later revealed that the entire game is set on space ships with its own ecosystem that escaped the genocide of PS2.
For its era, PS3 was interesting due to the multiple time lines & multiple endings.

PS4 was the most generic anime game, but it's also the best designed PS game and pretty much Genesis's answer to Chorno Trigger. I still play PS4. Chrono Trigger I try, but that game is so easy & the plot is ultimately not that interesting. The music & graphics still hold up though. Now sure, PS4's plot isn't that interesting either since it's just another tale of an heroic bloodline fighting against an Evil force. What I think PS4 does much better than Chrono Trigger, is a coming of age story where you see a young boy mature into a man. To the point that even Rune (the Han Solo motherfucker) will acknowledge that you're a man now as you end the game with your 1 yr old Android Catgirl girlfriend (who looks like a grown up late teens early 20s adult) who jumped outside of a fucking spaceship while nearly naked, so you're seeing this naked bitch in the sky screaming "CHAZ!" AYY LMAO!

The absurdity of PS4's plot is just so damn memorable to me. It wasn't a generic fantasy set inside of a Star Wars universe like Phantasy Star 1 was, and it wasn't this extremely depressing nihilistic plot that Phantasy Star 2 & 3 were. PS4 was like a typical anime. Where none of it should make any sense but the incongruous nature of the entire product just fits, and created an identity of its own which far surpasses every Phantasy Star that came before it & after it.

It's weird though coz only PS1 & Ps4 feel like the same Star Wars-inspired universe even though PS2 took place in the same exact solar system as PS1. PS2 & PS3 felt more like a thematically connected Sci-Fi series even though PS2 directly connects to both PS1 & PS4.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Metal Max 2 Reloaded on the NDS was translated into English back in December and I never even noticed. Also, Metal Max 3 on the NDS was translated a year earlier.

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6375/

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/5598/

So many games, so little time to play them.

Also, I saw these 2 games that I never heard of before, but they look interesting. One is an RPG for the PSX called Planet Laika and Community Pom

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6451/

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6301/

Also, someone translated Chaos Field on the DC. :)
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Zill Ol Infinite for the PS2 has been translated. One of the few C list RPGs from Japan that I still want to play.

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/1284/

The translation is apparently far from the best going by the one review of it I see at the bottom of the page, but its better than nothing I guess. Can't be that bad, though if someone liked it enough to mod a texture pack into it. Didn't even think that was possible on a PS2 game, though I guess there is no way you could play it on a console with that mod.

Also, this game https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6745/, B.L.U.E. Legend of Water, for the PSX looks really interesting. I like Hudson Soft games. Its a shame they are no longer around.