Irashaimase, welcome to the First Class VIP (Vagina Is Pretty) area. Only gentlemen of taste are allowed to move in. Take it or leave it MOTHAFUCKA!!! Go back to China if you're too much of a FAG (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*.✧

Moderators: CutieHoney, MeisaKuroki

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Re: It came from Japan!

Post by Krizzx »

I finally beat Trails of Cold Steel 2. My last save was from 2017, and I was right at the final chapter. LOL. I must have really been side tracked. I think I started playing Persona 5 and forgot about it. Speaking of which, I need to finish that too. I left off after you beat the politician guy. I still need to finish the big dungeon, though. The one thats like Tartarus from P3.

Man, the ending the TOCS2 was kind of crap. I didn't see the big reveal at the end coming, but the whole thing was so Shounen anime. It made everything feel so pointless, because everyone just addressed everything in that half assed frienemy bullshit way.

Another thing I noticed is that TOCS2 is WAY easier than TOCS1. I had to replay many of bossfight on the first game. On this one, I don't even know what most of the final bosses abilities even are, because I killed all of them before they even got the chance to move with the exceptation of McBurn do to him having even more health than the actual final boss did. The final boss was nothing compared to him.

After those two, all I'll have to finish on the PS3 is Ni no KuNin.

I'll probably get around to it when I'm not play SFV now that I've finally decided to install it on steam..
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Damn, this was announced back in February, but I completely missed it up until now.

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Re: Japanese Gaming General

Post by Krizzx »

TGS was kind of interesting. Was surprised to see Nintendo release something. I thought they didn't do TGS. I guess its the new President

Mirror's Edge ninja edition? Good to see the Switch still getting some love, though.

Pragamata looks the most intruiging of anything I've seen at it. Wish there was more info.

eh..

Yeah, I thought DMC5 played kind of sluggish as well. This will definitely be an improvement.

This looks looks like another anime Monster Hunter clone like Godeater. No really feeling it.

I'm getting in on the new PSO2 as soon as it releases. I've putt hundreds of hours into the original Japanese PSO2 since it first game out in 2012.

Earth Defense Force voxel edition?! I'm sold.

Also, EDF 6

So, its the same lame main character from RE7. Really not feeling the Witches and Werewovles. I feel they should have just made a new franchise for this like with Dino Crisis.

Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

Their releasing a prequel to Octopath Traveler...buts it on mobile...

This seems to have been announced a while back, but its the first I've heard about it. Probably because no one cares about mobile. I like the music, though.

Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Krizzx wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:17 pm I finally beat Trails of Cold Steel 2. My last save was from 2017, and I was right at the final chapter. LOL. I must have really been side tracked. I think I started playing Persona 5 and forgot about it. Speaking of which, I need to finish that too. I left off after you beat the politician guy. I still need to finish the big dungeon, though. The one thats like Tartarus from P3.

Man, the ending the TOCS2 was kind of crap. I didn't see the big reveal at the end coming, but the whole thing was so Shounen anime. It made everything feel so pointless, because everyone just addressed everything in that half assed frienemy bullshit way.

Another thing I noticed is that TOCS2 is WAY easier than TOCS1. I had to replay many of bossfight on the first game. On this one, I don't even know what most of the final bosses abilities even are, because I killed all of them before they even got the chance to move with the exceptation of McBurn do to him having even more health than the actual final boss did. The final boss was nothing compared to him.

I'll probably get around to it when I'm not play SFV now that I've finally decided to install it on steam..
Cold Shit just has a really fucking shit story. Even Japanese gamers hate on it. It's shit when compared to the TITS Estelle saga. That's the only reason that I'm looking forward to TOCS4, coz Estelle is in it. FINALLLY! Who'da thought that I'd love such a dorky, unfuckable girl like Estelle? That's what makes her so awesome though, she's not a typical protagonist at all.
Lame. The one EDF that Switch gets, and it has fucking Minecraft gfx. Granted, that might sell millions on the Switch coz Nintendo fans are legit Autistic manbabies. The term Nintentoddler is so apt coz it describes the hardcore Nintendo fans to a tee. They love nothing but old shit games and will even pay $60 for old shit games just coz it's Nintendo. If any other company did that, they'd get shit on.

TGS was kind of interesting. Was surprised to see Nintendo release something. I thought they didn't do TGS.
ironically the only thing I cared about at TGS was the Nintendo game, Age of Calamity. I laughed at the initial announcement, but it's looking good. Not Pirate Warriors 4 good, but still good.
I might be interested in Virtua Fighter 6, but only if Sega stops being fucking retarded and finally include people like Kiryu Kazuma, Blaze Fielding, Gillius Thunderhead, Joe Musashi, Robotnik Dr. Eggman, That giant Centurion guy from Altered Beasts, Candy from Fighting Vipers, The Daytona USA race car, etc.

Stop it with these fucking plain ass Virtua Fighter motherfuckers that no one gives a shit about.
Too bad, Akira yuki is still the poster boy so it's most likely just going to be the same boring cast that people already don't give a fuck about, lol.

Man, why can't D3 port tha latest Onee game to Switch?

That shit looks good. Onee Chaoz was actually a good game. I got it for free through gamestop points (I bought over $100 worth of PSN cards. You can't do that anymore tho. I bough Onee Z, & Shadow Warrior 1 & 2, the SW games suck!)

At least Nintendo will allow you to release that game in the West, unlike with Goystation 4 & 5. That's actually the reason why Suxkbox Series X is gaining traction in Japan. It's coz Microshit will actually allow Japanese games to be released in Japan, unlike with Playstation 4, which is fuckign weird coz Sony is Japanese but they're extremely anti any Japanese game that could be considered as female objectification. The tranny bareback assfuck scene from Last of Us 2 is perfectly fiine with Sony though LOL!

I lvoe Oneechanbara, coz it's so 2000s, maximum violence, maximum sex appeal, maximum offensiveness.
It's kinda like how you'll never see a game like The Suffering anymore, and that was actually made by Westerners, but it had monster designs that are so psychologically disturbing, that it makes Silent Hill look like child's play.

You'd never be able to get away with that now in pussy ass America ETERNALLY OFFENDED BY EVERYTHING 2020. Shit, even Boondocks gets censored now for being racially insensitive, when Boondocks is written by a Black man. Boondocks is funny as fuck coz it's true. I'm basically the Ed Wuncler the 3rd stereotype (I even have the voice, LOL!), in that I act like a complete fucking thug, wreck other peoples' shit, but I often get away with it coz of who my father is, lol. (muh pops is just fed who just has a good reputation.)
Boondocks was funny because it stated these fucked up truths about society, but now even that is censored.

So, its the same lame main character from RE7. Really not feeling the Witches and Werewovles. I feel they should have just made a new franchise for this like with Dino Crisis.
I don't see a problem with that. I always hated how Resident Evil games explain everything away through pseudo-science when not everything can be explained. I'm pretty damn sure this will be explained through science too. Explanations kill horror. That's why in The Suffering games, they don't explain shit to you at all. They carry the original Silent Hill spirit where scary shit happens simply coz it's haunted and the other reason is due to psychological delusions.

Witches actually exist, they just use a form of alchemy so they actually are science-based, but aren't presented as such.
Honestly, Werewolves sound very plain & normal when compared to the rest of the crap that happens in RE games, and I'm not even talking about the Alphabet Agency faggot who turns into a Zombie T-rex from RE6 who created a Ada clone coz she wouldn't be his waifu. The Tyrant is extremely implausible. What's the point of a Licker or any of these monsters to be used as biological weapons? It's a waste of money & resources since they seem to kill everyone including their creators, lol.
Metal Gear Solid makes way more sense since they're actually manufacturing weapons of mass destruction. The only thing that's up for question is how effective with a bi-pedal nuclear-armed tank actually be?

You could do a good thriller psycho-horror tale with werewolves, if you penned a story around werewolves that was structured like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, and make it so that you can't trust anyone.
It's a good thing that they're moving away from Zombies coz those RE remakes were ass, they were as fucking boring as The Walking Dead. More like SleepWalking until I'm dead.

It still makes me laugh that RE4 is extremely hated on the internet now when RE4's village area had some of the best horror that the series has ever had. It was clearly inspired by HP Lovecraft, but the posers at Reddit & other such places, have never bothered to actually read Lovecraft so they're unable to identify the tone & isolation that he often wrote about, which was captured very well in RE4.

Bloodborne did it better, but that's because Bloodborne started off with a civilization that eventually descended into complete chaos & anarchy. This shows that FromSoft knows their shit, coz that's exactly what Lovecraft feared most. It pisses me the fuck off how damn near every Lovecraft game like Call of Cthulhu & Sinking City all end with CTHULHU RISING AND THEN IT CUTS OFF TO A BLACK SCREEN AS HUMANITY RANDOMLY GOES CRAZY & KILLING EACH OTHER! It pisses me the fuck off coz that wasn't the fucking point of HP Lovecraft's tales at all. Boy would Lovecraft be so fucking mad that one of the only people who understands & reveres his work, happens to be a mixed-race Jap guy, AYY LMAO!

When people "go mad" from seeing Cthulhu, that's actually meant to be a metaphor of being overcome with paranoia when faced with the unknown. The unknown could be anything. Fuck you could even fear Algebra if you have no fucking idea what it is and it was as alien to you as a giant fucking squid. Most of these White motherfuckers who make their alleged Lovecraft-inspired games don't fucking understand that, and it pisses me off. How Japs understand Lovecraft more than Lovecraft's own people do? LOL!

RE4 was the reverse of Bloodborne, where RE4 starts out with an already dead town taken over by a cult, but RE4 eventually ends with Leon & Friends gaining help from USA federal agents, AKA advanced civilization.
The main message that a lot of people don't seem to understand about Lovecraft, is that Lovecraft thinks that the true horror as he see it, is a humanity without culture. That's why a lot of his tales demonize mongrels and the like. He viewed it as the degradation of his culture. Amusingly, the author of the Conan series, Robert Howard had the exact opposite opinion. (and one that I share, & is the reason I like Conan.).
Robert Howard believed that it's actually Civilization that holds back mans' true potential due to how every High Cultured Civilization eventually degrades due to mass bureaucratic nonsense which is often governed by weak men.

Granted, Robert Howard was a manly masculine men and Lovecraft was an autistic faggot so it's not surprising to see that they had such wildly different interpretations of humanity. Robert Howard believed in survivalism as the true mark of man and it is reflected through the Conan novels.

On a sidenote, this is also reflected in the Manga/Anime One Piece, AYY LMAO! The entire conflict of One Piece is about what decides a civilization? Is it the High Civilization of Aristocrats and their elected leaders who are the height of humanity that we aspire to, or is civilization simply the friends you make & the connections you have regardless of their background? The protags of One Piece are wanted criminals with over Billions worth of bounties on them. Nico Robin is the first character we meet, where we realize that a lot of these bounties are bullshit and it's just bureaucrats trying to make a name for themselves by incriminating the (at the time) defenseless for crimes that they did not commit. We did get hints of that with Luffy when he was suddenly given a 30 million bounty for forcing a Marine officer to give back a crime lord's bribe money, to the people of the town, but it wasn't until we finally see Nico Robin's full background story that we truly understand just how fucking fucked up the World government actually is. It's actually not too different from real life.

In real life, there are countless examples of entire towns that were massacred due to political reasons but then had its history rewritten to make the criminals (the government) sound like heroes of the people. This is also what Conan is about. Conan is just some brute who goes from town to town destroying the systems of governance that criminals hide behind. It's often presented as a clash among men, and what makes a real man. Is a real man, the guy with all of the fancy titles & money or is the real man, simply the guy with the most physical force who can make you submit to him?

Lovecraft is basically the Aristocrat, I think he actually was born as one but his father died and those were back in the days when the widow was useless & didn't carry the same weight of prestige as the man they married.
Robert Howard was just the guy who built everything up from his own two hands. I just find it interesting how both authors from completely different backgrounds & were fans of each others' work, created such fine pieces of junk pulp-fiction that still inspires millions of minds today. It's just too bad that most people who are inspired by Lovecrat, are so fuckin dumb that they don't understand what makes Lovecraft scary. They genuinely think that Lovecraft really was fearmongering about giant squids that ended entire civilizations from existing, lol. White people mang, I swear they're like the smartest dumb people that I've ever seen. I wonder if this is how a Jew thinks whenever they observe the behavior of White people. It's certainly my perspective as a Jap.

Edit: I'll prob repost this rant at the "Vidya with legitimately good writing" thread.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=40
There's plenty of things that I could add to that topic as to why game writing is so fucking bad. This entire rant is one such example. The mentally retarded morons who make Lovecraft inspired games, don't actually seem to understand Lovecraft's short stories at all, outside of stupid ass internet memes. Stop getting all of your fucking education from memes! I can't believe we have legions of game writers who gain all of their inspiration from Reddit or 4chan memes.

I never responded to that Vidya writing thread coz I'm completely uninterested in the subject. I'm only interested now, coz it finally occurred to me that that One Piece, which is shit that's meant to be consumed by young 14-19 boys, happens to have a much better understanding of plot, story & worldbuilding than the entirety of the video game medium. AY LMAO!
I can understand why Jap games don't have good writing, they're developed as consumerist products. The Legend of Zelda series is the prime example of this, they don't care about the plot. They just want to create a finely tuned experience that's fun for everybody & all ages.

What does bother me is Western games, Western games actually try to have good plots but it often feels as though they get their entire script from Wikipedia like Mass Effect 3 & Dragon Age 2 & Inquisition, Far Cry series, Assassin's Creed, oh shit damn near every Western game is Wikipedia-researched.
Western games always try to be overtly political but in doing so, they completely malign the politics that they're criticizing through goofy ass strawmen that the author of the game came up with like with the Bioshock series.
When you do this, you're not actually critiquing the philosophy, you're criticizing your own interpretation of the philosophy, AYYYY LMAO!

Then you see shit like Last of Us 2 which is presented as deep, but it's just a very basic revenge story about how violence only begets more violence. I'm like damn, and people insult Xenoblade 2? I already state part of why I think XB2 is pretty deep at the Nintendo thread, and I will repost some of that rant at the Vidya story thread just to show wide differences in philosophy between Oriental & Occidental storyboarding.

The basic gist of Xenoblade 2 is that game was about how Humanity is a suicidal species who purposely create situations that are manufactured through governance which result in the mass murder of millions. Malos in Torna & Jin in XB2 both have several speeches where they explain to you what they think humanity is, but could you really disagree? Well, the rebuttal to their claims is the existence of Rex & his own actions, which is why the game climaxes when Rex, Pyra & Mythra meet God and showed through example that Rex is one of the only people in this world who isn't suicidal & is constantly chasing dreams of optimism. The mere fact that Rex actually met God with Pyra & Mythra still alive, proved that there is at least one person in the world who is not suicidal. I'd delve more into that, but that's spoiler territory. I thought XB2 was a damn good story that gets a lot of hate for some reason, coz most gamers are realllllly fuckking stooooopid.

Ironically, Rex is immensely hated among the retarded Xenoblade fanbase because they view him as a faceless harem-anime self-insert character which like I already stated above in regards to Bioshock. This isn't an accurate assessment of XB2, that's merely the indivdual criticizing their own interpretation of what they think XB2 is, because they lack the intelligence to comrpehend XB2 as anything more than their "shounen" anime stererotype.

Western games don't seem to understand the concept of storyboarding at all, lol. They just use games to preach about their meme-learned politics. Meanwhile in Japan, you have something such as the Suikoden series which is political as fuck, but does a damn good job of showcasing how best friends can become enemies who destroy entire nations just due to their different approaches of solving a political issue that was everyones' problem. They both succeeded at eliminating the initial problem, but it just lead to a bigger war anyway due to the power gap that was missing once the initial threat Lu Bu, I mean Luca Blight was killed.

This kinda relates to Jap gaming I guess since I am discussing about how Jap game devs seem to actually do some fucking research when they make a game. Western games seem to be written by the same retards that I constantly make fun of at gamefags whenever I pass by one of their stupid posts.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CapN Jack: Who the fuk These moFuggaz? :lol:
Krizzx
Giant Smile

Post by Krizzx »

I want this game.... It reminds me of Goemon's Great Adventure, which has gone the way of the Dodo under fucking Konami.

Looks like there is a lot more content to this than I originally thought there would be. Nier reincarnation may turn out to be good.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=TGS+2020

I would have loved Ni No Kuni if I was younger. Kiddy games just don't do anything for me anymore.

Blegh. The only Souls game I liked was Demon Souls, and it wasn't because it was difficult. It was because it was so creatively crafted. There was so many way to go about doing practically everything. There were multiple ways and sometimes even places to kills bosses. You could decide whether major NPCs lived or died while benefitting from both. I like the challenge of demon souls as well, but I'm not really into games that made to be difficult just to be difficult. Especially when that difficulty comes from the enemies being sponges with cheap attacks. This does not look like my kind of game. Sekiro looked more up my alley.

I've played just about every Disagaea but never finished a single one. Way to grindy for me.

Its R-Type. Cost will be the sole determining factor in whether I will buy it.

LOL. Souls in FPS form

I don't know what this is, but I want it.

LMAO!!! Oh yeah, game of the year here.

Jack wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:55 pm
Krizzx wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:17 pm I finally beat Trails of Cold Steel 2. My last save was from 2017, and I was right at the final chapter. LOL. I must have really been side tracked. I think I started playing Persona 5 and forgot about it. Speaking of which, I need to finish that too. I left off after you beat the politician guy. I still need to finish the big dungeon, though. The one thats like Tartarus from P3.

Cold Shit just has a really fucking shit story. Even Japanese gamers hate on it. It's shit when compared to the TITS Estelle saga. That's the only reason that I'm looking forward to TOCS4, coz Estelle is in it. FINALLLY! Who'da thought that I'd love such a dorky, unfuckable girl like Estelle? That's what makes her so awesome though, she's not a typical protagonist at all.
Lame. The one EDF that Switch gets, and it has fucking Minecraft gfx. Granted, that might sell millions on the Switch coz Nintendo fans are legit Autistic manbabies. The term Nintentoddler is so apt coz it describes the hardcore Nintendo fans to a tee. They love nothing but old shit games and will even pay $60 for old shit games just coz it's Nintendo. If any other company did that, they'd get shit on.

TGS was kind of interesting. Was surprised to see Nintendo release something. I thought they didn't do TGS.
ironically the only thing I cared about at TGS was the Nintendo game, Age of Calamity. I laughed at the initial announcement, but it's looking good. Not Pirate Warriors 4 good, but still good.
I might be interested in Virtua Fighter 6, but only if Sega stops being fucking retarded and finally include people like Kiryu Kazuma, Blaze Fielding, Gillius Thunderhead, Joe Musashi, Robotnik Dr. Eggman, That giant Centurion guy from Altered Beasts, Candy from Fighting Vipers, The Daytona USA race car, etc.

Stop it with these fucking plain ass Virtua Fighter motherfuckers that no one gives a shit about.
Too bad, Akira yuki is still the poster boy so it's most likely just going to be the same boring cast that people already don't give a fuck about, lol.

The Crossbell games were still the best to me. The Japanese audience hated them, though, for some reason. They had the best music and main character in the series. I constantly hear the tracks being used as background music by people online. Even saw Daigo Umehara using them in one of his streams.

I'm not getting my hopes up for VFX. If it was 6, they probably would have said 6. I'm expecting it to be reboot personally.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Blegh. The only Souls game I liked was Demon Souls, and it wasn't because it was difficult. It was because it was so creatively crafted. There was so many way to go about doing practically everything. There were multiple ways and sometimes even places to kills bosses. You could decide whether major NPCs lived or died while benefitting from both. I like the challenge of demon souls as well, but I'm not really into games that made to be difficult just to be difficult. Especially when that difficulty comes from the enemies being sponges with cheap attacks. This does not look like my kind of game. Sekiro looked more up my alley.
The only thing you're correct on is that Nioh's level design is fairly linear. I don't see how that's a problem though when Nioh is Mission based, like a Tenchu game. Nioh is the type of game that you do speed runs of, not virtual tourism like some shitty Souls game.

I platinumed Nioh. I don't recall that game having dmg sponges at all. If it feels dmg spongey, then that's a problem with the player's build. Not the game.
I could kill nearly everything in 5 hits or less in Nioh.

Although I did platinum Nioh, I never actually beat the final DLC. I got stuck at that bitch.

Even watching that vid is reminding me of how insanely hard she is. She usually killed me in 2 seconds coz she'd counter attack me & nearly kill me with one hit, lol. Just like arcade games of old. She's not hard for the same reasons that you described either. She's not a dmg sponge, slow or none of that. She's hard coz she has lightning quick reflexes & she feels like playing against a PvP Dark Souls invasion rather than an actual boss.

I like Nioh coz it's the closest thing we'll ever have to Ninja Gaiden.

How the fuck was Sekiro better? Sekiro's enemy AI is atrocious lol. Xed explained why that game's combat was shit at the other forum so I'll let him explain that. I never played it to the same level that he had coz he already turned me off from it, and it really wasn't anywhere near Nioh's level in terms of combat. Nioh feels like a figthing game, like Bushido Blade and even has multiple stances.
Sekiro jsut has the same clunky ass combat that the rest of the Souls series has. Bloodborne was only passable coz of its Streets of Rage 4 style life-regen combat.

Nioh's combat is actually just Ninja Gaiden combat but with a shitty Dark Souls stamina bar, slowing everything the fuck down.
Even the Hayabusa clan are in Nioh.

That was easily one of my fave games on the PS4, but that's not saying much coz PS4 games suck. I would love to play it on Switch though, but for some reason Nioh is treated as a Sony exclusive, similar to the Yakuza series.

I'm not getting my hopes up for VFX. If it was 6, they probably would have said 6. I'm expecting it to be reboot personally.
Well that's exactly what I'm hoping for. Who the fuck actually cares about the original cast? VF would be way better if it starred Ryo Hazuki since he has the same exact fighting style as Akira anyway.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage
Va11 Hall-a Faggot: He's such a Chad. I bet he fucks an Asian bitch every night.
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Krizzx wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:24 pm Damn, this was announced back in February, but I completely missed it up until now.

I haven't been keeping up with Too Kyo games at all. I haven't even played Kodaka's FMV game yet lol.
I am interested in their output because I really liked Danganronpa and Zero Escape but I have been distracted by business shit. (It's all going well. To the point where I am going through an expansion & I am making sure that operations won't cease if there's a new lockdown.

I'm very disappointed with DMC5's special edition. The only real addition is Vergil, though they won't even give you the option to play the entire game as either character. (Even though with Vergil presence, they have proven it could be done. I mean you can already do that with mods on PC lol!)
I don't give a shit about LDK mode. I give even less of a shit about "ray tracing", I'm astounded that's being used as a selling point.
Man, why can't D3 port tha latest Onee game to Switch?
Why can't Marvellous move the Senran Kagura series to Switch instead of dropping it completely? I have no fucking clue. I like Oneechanbara Z2 chaos and I am looking forward to Origins, though I think Senran Kagura is dogshit lol.

Senran Kagura devs are acting as if Sony censoring out titties, means their company is not financially viable anymore. Even though the Switch userbase is eating up anime titty games by the dozen, and there's already SK spin-offs on switch. The producer of the series, chose resignment over just moving development of the main series on switch lol!

I honestly don't understand it, some devs behave as if sony playstaion is the only viable platform and they'd rather drop the game than go against sony's policies.
CENSORED
BANNED

Post by CENSORED »

Blegh. The only Souls game I liked was Demon Souls, and it wasn't because it was difficult. It was because it was so creatively crafted. There was so many way to go about doing practically everything. There were multiple ways and sometimes even places to kills bosses. You could decide whether major NPCs lived or died while benefitting from both. I like the challenge of demon souls as well, but I'm not really into games that made to be difficult just to be difficult.
I generally agree, Demon's Souls was basically an adventure game that encouraged you to think ahead and work with your environment. The dark souls games eventually devolved into shitty, slow action games where the entire gameplay boils down to pressing the dodge button at the right time. Both the character and the bosses are slow as shit and you can arbitrarily decide to pump whichever stat which technically makes the game easy, which of course led it to be marketed as the hardest game ever made lol. Most of the difficulty in these games is based around the fact that the game systems are not explained to you outright. Once you figure out the game system (which in itself is full of redundancies), the game itself is pretty easy. Granted DS1 and 2 somewhat offset that by giving you a lot of options when it comes to building your character that play slightly differently, but dark souls 3 is just a shitty action game.

I like bloodborne though, because they actually did build the game around the action instead of still pretending to be an RPG series. I guess sekiro is a further evolution in that direction but I didn't really like it as much. The game looks very pretty but the combat is really not as complex or revolutionary as people make it out to be. I'd say it's a 6, 6.5 out of 10 game because I did not fall asleep like when I try to replay the dark souls games, but I don't really feel like playing the higher difficulty. (I beat all the bosses and got all the endings by copying my save file like a loser lol.) I actually thought that powered up enemies were harder than the bosses because they often got backup from lesser enemies, and have less predictable attack patterns.
It has some stealth mechanics that are just dogshit, I have no idea why they bothered including them outside of the fact that the game originally started development as a tenchu game, which is hilarious when you consider enemies don't even react to you leaving corpses around, or even killing other enemies right next to them from a distance.

Overall the only "soulslike" from games that I really like are demon's souls and bloodborne; I haven't really played much of nioh but from my understanding, some enemies only come off as damage sponges because that game (unlike dark souls) actually requires you to delve into the RPG elements to maximise damage output; I can't say I'm too fond of the diablo style loot system but I haven't played enough of the game to really give a comprehensive opinion on it. (Every time I play it, I always just go back to ninja gaiden black or ninja gaiden 2 instead lol. I still can't finish either game on master ninja. But I am interested in playing more of it eventually; one criticism I would have for the game is that it doesen't really do a good job at explaining the RPG systems early on, much like dark souls ironically lol.
Jack
Thy ILLnifique

Post by Jack »

Overall the only "soulslike" from games that I really like are demon's souls and bloodborne; I haven't really played much of nioh but from my understanding, some enemies only come off as damage sponges because that game (unlike dark souls) actually requires you to delve into the RPG elements to maximise damage output;
Does this look like dmg sponge to you?
Stop being a faggot. Dark Souls wishes it were this damn good. (Dark Souls is just lucky that it's really popular with PC fags.)

It depends on the weapon. I use Axes & Nodachi, which naturally can kill nearly everything in 5 hits or less, most normal enemies get their heads & arms chopped off after one hit.
I use Dual Katana as my secondary, but only for the crowd control moves and the dash attack. I just shoot everything else with my gun.

You also need to learn boss patterns. If you're some Toothpick user like I think you are, then the only way to do consistent dmg with a pansy ass katana is to parry & counter attack.

Watch how that guy plays. He's not button mashing like you losers.

I don't understand how peeps can just assume that Nioh is a dmg sponge game from watching generic gameplay of a tgs feed, lol. That's as absurd as thinking that Cuphead sucks coz the journalist can't get past the tutorial, or assuming that Gears of War or Doom is bad, coz the retard playing it is just running away & using a machine gun rather than being a fucking man, & run straight into the enemies while blowing them into giblets at pointblank range with a shotgun, lol.

A lot of games look like shit when Noobs play them. It doesn't mean the game is shit. It means the player is shit.
Nioh is a popular game, Nioh 1 sold over 3 million copies on PS4 if you combine the sales with the complete edition and it outsold Tekken 7, Nier Automata, Bloodborne & DARK SOULS 1-3 on PS4.
So there's quite a lot of people out there who do love Nioh precisely for its combat. When I look at the SoulsBorne sales figures on PS4, it's clearly obvious that that series is mostly popular with PC retards due to how the PC version sold way more than the PS4 originals. The PC platform is populated with tryhards who just want to act like they're hardcore. Similar to how they act like you don't know how to play Doom if you don't use a keyboard & mouse, as if aiming even matters in Doom. I think Analog is superior for movement, especially when compared to a keyboard and Doom is all about movement.

The only thing that I thought was fun about Souls was DS1's multiplayer, and everything that I thought was fun about DS1 PVP (The ganking, the trolling, the griefing) can all be done in Battle Royale style games like Fortnite & its copycats, or 1-life Tactical Shooters like Rainbow 6 & Rogue Company.
DS1's online mp was ahead of its time. Everything else about that game is fucking trash.
I can't say I'm too fond of the diablo style loot system but I haven't played enough of the game to really give a comprehensive opinion on it.
What? Would you rather have Dork Soul's weapon system where every weapon of the same type is the same no matter what? I like being able to pick & choose between weapons of the same type, but with different elemental effects which completely change how the weapon is handled.

In any case, it's fucking hilarious hearing you trying to talk about the game, when you obviously haven't beat it.
If you had, then you'd know it's a waste of time dealing with the loot right now since you're constantly going to be replacing all of your gear until you get to the endgame. (Even that endgame gear is useless in the 3 dlcs.)
I didn't wast my time with during my first playthrough. I just played it like Ninja Gaiden until the 2nd to last level where I finally learned that you can't ignore the rpg system, and that the rpg system actually adds a lot of depth to the gameplay.
You're supposed to be unlocking special moves, and forming a fighting style that best conforms to the way you play.

Nioh is like Xenoblade 2, in that the real game doesn't really start until New Game +, coz that's when every single combat system unlocks. Xenoblade 2 just happened to unfortunately be a rpg, which notoriously have shit gameplay so the real audience (Those who love deep combat systems) for XB2, will most likely never hear about or play XB2 since it should've been a fighting game, or an action game with a fighting game like engine like Nioh. Torna already gets compared to Marvel vs Capcom as is. It even has fighting game style announcers who screamm coooombo breaker or whatever after an epic combo.

Thinking about it, the character designs for the XB2 games look more like fighting game characters anyway, except for rex & nia who look like typical jrpg crap.
(Every time I play it, I always just go back to ninja gaiden black or ninja gaiden 2 instead lol. I still can't finish either game on master ninja. But I am interested in playing more of it eventually; one criticism I would have for the game is that it doesen't really do a good job at explaining the RPG systems early on, much like dark souls ironically lol.
Nioh has dojo training rooms where they teach you how to play chump. You most likely haven't even got far enough to even unlock a dojo, lol. Even if you did unlock a dojo, you'll probably get stuck in that dojo, LOL!
Nioh is the real deal, it's everything combat-wise that Dark Souls & Bloodborne are claimed to be.

You're prolly on the third map or something, judging the game with you shitty toothpick gook swords.
You're most likely some faggot who only uses shitty toothpick gook swords, "It's just like my animes!"
Play like a man. Pussy!

Yeah I'm annoyed, but I'm obviously a hardcore Team Ninja fan since I mostly plat TN & Koei games.
https://psnprofiles.com/MaxMadnificent? ... n=platinum
It always annoys me how TN gets talked about as if they don't what they're doing when they're like the only decent devteam these days who still know how to make good action games that are comparable to Sega Genesis action games.
I don't understand why their games get shit on post Itagaki, when Itagaki is mostly responsible for the story & lore of his games, not the gameplay. (He just did balancing which he was good at with Ninja Gaiden 1, but he's fucking trash with DOA1-4's balance.) TN's gameplay is still off the charts.

It pisses me off how they get ignored in favor of Fromsoftware or Platinum games, but I'm guessing it's the hate for their parent company Koei. (Japanese EA GAMES, lol)

Which is funny to me, coz to this day, peeps still have no idea that Koei made Fire Emblem Three Houses when it even tells you when you log into the game, lol. Even the story was written by Koei. It's the same chick who did the story for Fire Emblem Warriors, which to my surprise actually does have an interesting story. (I was expecting it to be as lame as the stories for Dragon Quest Heroes, but you thankfully, don't play as fucking mutes.)

I might rebuy FE3H, coz I realize I remember the gameplay being really good, but it was the stupid unskipable academy crap that really pissed me off. I also recall that Conquest had way more hardcore maps & battles, which was why 3H was kinda disappointing since Conquest was the game that came before it.
I generally agree, Demon's Souls was basically an adventure game that encouraged you to think ahead and work with your environment. The dark souls games eventually devolved into shitty, slow action games where the entire gameplay boils down to pressing the dodge button at the right time. Both the character and the bosses are slow as shit and you can arbitrarily decide to pump whichever stat which technically makes the game easy, which of course led it to be marketed as the hardest game ever made lol.
"GITGUD!" How much you wanna bet that it was the PC Masturbates fags who started the whole GITGUD! meme.
They're the same motherfuckers who constantly push that playing FPS with controllers is retarded, yet I'm legit way better with a controller than I am with keyboard & mouse. I fucking dominate in warface & Rogue Company while even against PC faggots, and it's made even more hilarious coz I'm usually the only one with a Switch logo beside my name and I have the cockiest playing style, lol. After I kill someone, I teabag over their face while shooting my gun downward. I intentionally waste ammo since I'll just steal theirs after I kill em.

I'm shitting on PC, coz they always act like they're so hardcore yet I can consistently headshot PC chumps, while using my lowly dual analog controller. Shit, I stopped playing Paladins coz some PC fag told me I sucked (He's some mutt looking idiot with cheap dyed hair who thinks he looks like an anime character, lol. After I saw what he looked liked, I laughed. This is the guy who was talking tough to me? He looks gay.) , while I was only 2nd best after him, he pointed me out as the shittiest player he's ever seen when I actually had the best KDA, he kiled way more than I did, but he also died a lot. I only died like 3 times, but when I'm Buck, I try to make every shot count coz he only has 5 shots before a reload. I wish Paladins had a headshot count coz if it did, it would've showed that most of my kills were headshots. Unlike Lian, I can't spam my shots, coz I ain't got fucking autoaim.

He pissed me off, coz he acted like he was so good when he was Auto Aim Lian. I just went fuck that and switched over to Warface, where I rarely ever see auto-aim scrubs dominating coz it's a normal shooter that relies on player skill, rather than character builds.
Warface has pay2win guns though, but if you're good at shooting heads, they won't have a chance to use their scrub guns.

Rogue Company is where it's fucking at though. It's like a Tom Clancy game, it's weirdly like a hybrid of Rainbow Six Siege, Uncharted multiplayer map design (das a gud thing.), & an earlier Ghost Recon game. (The current GRs fucking suck ass. The gunplay just feels so off in the PS4 GR games.)

The Heroshooter genre needs to die, and probably is dead since Overwatch & Paladins are the only two left, and no one really plays them anymore except for the morons who won't move on. They won't move on coz it's the only shooters they're good at but then act as though they're a shooting god with a fucking auto-aim character, lol!
Rainbow6 Siege is technically a hero shooter, but I don't really consider it as one, since skill actually matters. If you have good aim, you should win over 70% of your matches. Paladins is a pain to play with PC losers, coz they always tell me I'm shit since Guru shows that I only have a 30% win rate, as if that's my fucking fault. It ain't my fault Paladins has the shittiest Matchmaking ever & it's impossible to win without a solid team. I get called the shittiest player while getting over 20 kills in a mode that only has 40 lives shared with the entire team, lol. Maybe they're just hating coz I'm a Switch player and Switch players are almost always shitty lol.

I prefer normal shooters where 1 or 2 good players can carry the entire team.
Inoki Stomps Fools!
ImageImage